• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
its looking like its an indie version of arcana heart/ nitro blasters with an all female cast...also man the curly sprite set finally outdoes the mugen version

Warning audios a bit loud

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Come on, Nidhogg Fencer. Nidhogg Fencer. Nidhogg Fencer...

Also Papyrus please.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
calling it now, were more likely to see shantae than we are shovel knight or gunvolt

D

Deleted member

Lets play a quick game; rate the chances of appearing of 5 games/franchises you want shown during the Spotlight and Treehouse.

Like this.

Smash Bros. (Switch) - 9/10
Metroid (Switch) - 6/10
F-Zero (Any console) - 2/10
Rabbids (Switch) - 10/10
Pikmin (Both 3DS and Switch) - 8/10
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Chance: 99.9%

I'd be shocked if they didn't showcase a new trailer and/or reveal new details at E3.

Want: 100%

Of course I want to learn more about this game!

Prediction: Proper New Metroid Game - 51.5%

Nomination: New 2D Zelda x5

Am I doing this right? :p

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Here's some gameplay of it.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think people are getting carried away with this indie. It's by a Japanese dev and so far only features Japanese characters. I would be cautious in thinking it will contain those like Shantae or Shovel Knight. Gunvolt is a possibility, I suppose.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

....guys, that's not an indie fighter.

Think of who is making it.
It's going to be strictly Nicalis stuff.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Here's some gameplay of it.
Just for the record, it seems to either be mostly Japanese indie games, or it's own title with a few crossover characters. Don't know where Alie and Master T are from.

So I don't think Springtrap and Shovel Knight will be in. :l

Also looking it up apparently Nicalis is kinda **** at that. Huh.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think people are getting carried away with this indie. It's by a Japanese dev and so far only features Japanese characters. I would be cautious in thinking it will contain those like Shantae or Shovel Knight. Gunvolt is a possibility, I suppose.
You do realize Nicalis is an American developer, right?

EDIT:
Alright, so Nicalis is only the publisher of the game, not the developer.

So it's not just Nicalis stuff like I said before.

However, my point about Nicalis being an American developer still stands in that we don't have only Japanese characters because of Curly.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The guy showcasing the game mentions that there's a few Code of Princess characters. That leads me to think it'll only have a few Indie characters alongside the original characters.

EDIT: got some info wrong. All characters are from existing IP, still multiple Code of Princess characters.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well... yeah.
But it looks like they still have a certain theme with them. Namely Japanese indie titles.
I'm just saying it doesn't look like Five Nights at Freddy's is going to get in.

Also just for the record Code of Princess isn't Nicalis.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Much of the time Nicalis only handles western publishing of Japanese games, and they are not the dev of this game. I question the extent of their influence in building the roster. Maybe Isaac from Binding of Isaac will show up, but their sphere of influence hasn't seemed to extend to any western indies they don't own as of yet (or those they do), and I remain skeptical it will.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

EDIT:
Alright, so Nicalis is only the publisher of the game, not the developer.

So it's not just Nicalis stuff like I said before.

However, my point about Nicalis being an American developer still stands in that we don't have only Japanese characters because of Curly.
Sooo hate to break it to you but curly is from a japanese game

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I got marginally excited for that Indie fighter thing, but realize...there's no one...worth it in it?

D

Deleted member

Goddamn it, apparently Nicalis was only the publisher of Cave Story too.

I'm just going to keep my ****ing mouth shut now.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Lets play a quick game; rate the chances of appearing of 5 games/franchises you want shown during the Spotlight and Treehouse.
Saying just "Mario" seems like cheating because of Odyssey, so:

Mario & Luigi - 8/10
Kirby (anything) - 8/10
Pokémon (main series only) - 4/10
Smash Bros. - 4/10
MOTHER - Half-Life 3 / 10

Wouldn't be surprised if none of the above made it into the Spotlight, though. I imagine 3DS stuff'll get more Treehouse coverage.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I got marginally excited for that Indie fighter thing, but realize...there's no one...worth it in it?
Eh I think it's still worth it to have some excitement.
Granted Nicalis is kind of a **** in a bag, but hey it looks promising. Even if most of the characters are all-stars in their own right it should be worth a look.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It was at that moment people realized Japanese indie characters are limited to mostly silly looking anime girls with big **** and Quote from Cave Story. ;P
Yes I know there are more don't list them all plz.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i mean we curretly only know around 5 characters and the game will be updated with free characters given what was said in the video

Ivander

Smash Legend
I remember the girl. Solange, right? I played Code of Princess when I heard it was done by some former developers from Treasure who did Guardian Heroes. Heck, I think even Treasure's known music artist, NON, did the music for that game. Not sure why I lost interest, but than again, I'm someone who gets caught up in alot of games.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=817525

Long story short they're one of those publishers who **** up releasing anything on time and then good luck if the game comes out as a whole.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! THERE IS NO ESCAPE!!!!!!

I don't even know what you're talking about so...
Smash 4 speculation. Or as I like to call it:
What happens when you let a bunch of nerd argue with straws, and that one's straws are inferior to another's straws. All so a character might be in a video game but really not because we have no clue.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
That's actually a neat sounding fighter tbh...

Smash-like movesets but as a traditional fighter...we'll see as more info comes on the game, like more characters....

more that I'm familiar with beyond just Curly...

Windstar

Banned via Warnings
I'm not really sure how Gunvolt would work in a fighting game like that. Maybe he could work somewhat like Mega Man in that one arcade fighter exclusive to Japan?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Would you really buy a fighter just because it had one supporting character from an indie game you are familiar with?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Would you really buy a fighter just because it had one supporting character from an indie game you are familiar with?
Hey if people can say Smash 4 is terrible because one character they wanted wasn't in it. Why not?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yes.

Yes I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom