• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
If Dragon Ball Fighters Z looks like a MUGEN game, then Super Mario Odyssey is just upscaled Mario 64.

D

Deleted member

Lol really? I wasn't super impressed(the framerate is noticeably choppy) but comparing it to MUGEN is way too far.
To be fair, I said poor mugen game for a reason. There's definitely characters and screenpacks that look and run lovely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Speaking of DBZ Mugen...

Hyper DBZ should be more than enough to quench my DBFZ thirst at the moment.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
You cannot be F2P, I've spent [censored] dollars on this darn thing and have gotten 31, five of which I plucked an entire flock of hens to get their stars! Why are the results so similar? *sobs* ......A-Anyways, beside my two extra Bridal Cordelias, I've got +1 Alm, +1 Roy, and a +2 Seliph. Haven't used any as fodder, too afraid to get rid of one right now.
Guess that's just how these games go (and one of the reasons why I swear off spending real money on it). I have the sort of opposite problem, actually, in that I'd love some 3* or 4* units like Odin and Subaki who are useful for skill fodder (Subaki's a decent unit, too, but Quick Riposte is too good to be wasted on just him), and who everyone else seems to have dozens of, but I can't seem to get any of them lately. :p The one unit I'd really like but can't seem to get is another Catria in +Atk/Spd flavour, so I can perfect the build I have set up on her, but I'm happy to wait since my current neutral one skewers plenty of enemies as is.

So we can have a team of Lucina, Spring Lucina, Masked Lucina, and Choose Your Legend Lucina of course!
It's only a matter of time before we start getting skills like Goad Lucinas and Hone Falchions.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Rare Replay is free for Xbox One users who sign up for Mixer. So if you have an Xbox one, you have a free game just waiting for you. . .errr collection of games. Lot's of good ones!
Got it when I bought my Xbox for $20. Still worth it.

Even 1 or 2 games alone make it worth picking up. Great game(s)!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The thumbnail and title are giving me contradictory messages. WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY WANT TO TELL ME, MATPAT? JUST MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

Not gonna harp on the episode itself because I've not seen it, but I've noticed these click-baity titles more and more with Game/Film Theorists and it bugs me.
The worst I saw was with DBZ (oh hey speaking of DBZ) where it was like "The CHEAP Workarounds that Defined Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball Super". And I forget if it was a changed title.
Here it is if you want to see it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejL5nXqXVK4
(Don't know if we still have that video policy.)

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
And I still play my 64 but I'd rather have new Switch games.
the main difference here is one system is still making money and still has games coming where one isnt making money and has no more games coming for it.

You dont replace a milk cow with another milk cow if the first cows utter is still making milk. The best thing you can do is have two cows so double the milk and double the money

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So when can I get Marth Lucina in Heroes?
You need to get at least 6000 points in Tempest Trials to get 4-star Masked Marth.
Wait.

NONE?!?

What's the point of her then?
She's basically a neutral Lucina that you can customise to your liking. She won't be as good at some things as a Lucina with an IV, but she's still usable. In a way, it's nice for people who haven't gotten Lucina at the moment. Also, all the SP she gets when she levels up can be used for skills given to her.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
the main difference here is one system is still making money and still has games coming where one isnt making money and has no more games coming for it.

You dont replace a milk cow with another milk cow if the first cows utter is still making milk. The beat thing you can donis have two cows so double the milk and double the money
i.e., the 1-2 Switch cow-milking minigame.
I know I haven't posted on here in forever but I cowldn't resist

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

You dont replace a milk cow with another milk cow if the first cows utter is still making milk
You're not the farmer, you're the one who would get fresh milk from the new cow over dated milk from the old.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I mean look I'll be honest, I like the 3DS and all, but the Switch still needs a lot of support. Especially killer apps.
I don't see it going the way of the Wii U (at least there are some great launch titles on Switch), but I mean at this point the 3DS has had years of attention, better to use that E3 time now to focus on the new console. It's not like the 3DS has a small library of games.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
You're not the farmer, you're the one who would get fresh milk from the new cow over dated milk from the old.
ok then tell me, unrelated to the 3DS, do farmers normaly replace a perfectly good cow even if it is still making milk and money? Or do they have many cows making milk at one time?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Wait why are we trying to argue the analogy over of what the analogy refers to?

Like the point of the argument isn't that the 3DS doesn't deserve more games, the point is the Switch desperately needs more games.
Like really the two big titles the Switch has is a Zelda game, and a port of Mario Kart. Especially with Sony and Xbox on the rise it needs a bit more than that.

3DS has had its run. The Switch needs to succeed what with being Nintendo's new big home console.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Wait why are we trying to argue the analogy over of what the analogy refers to?

Like the point of the argument isn't that the 3DS doesn't deserve more games, the point is the Switch desperately needs more games.
Like really the two big titles the Switch has is a Zelda game, and a port of Mario Kart. Especially with Sony and Xbox on the rise it needs a bit more than that.
idk, Ive seen people say nintendo should just drop the 3DS all together because the switch exsists in places

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
The news on the ArcSys DBZ game has got me watching some vods of Super DBZ. If you have not seen this game in action, check it out. It was released in Japanese arcades around the mid 2000s , with competitive play in mind too.

Also none of you guys are ready for me in DB FighterZ. I got that Marvel and Guilty Gear experience on my side.:061: Yes, I'm already talking smack. :denzel:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
idk, Ive seen people say nintendo should just drop the 3DS all together in places
And I'm not them, nor do they speak for me.
But the Switch does need more support from Nintendo. That's not something that can be easily argued against. The 3DS has been around for six years and has had hundreds of games for it, whereas the Switch still needs to get its foot in the door.

It's not going to go the way of the Wii U, but it's also not a major seller either. Which is where I think a lot of people get at when it comes to E3. This is the time where they could really show what the Switch can offer, and yet by the sounds of it it's possibly playing second banana.
And I say this as someone who's primarily played DS all my life. It's doing fine, the Switch is what needs to be the priority.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
idk, Ive seen people say nintendo should just drop the 3DS all together because the switch exsists in places
Well personally, I wouldn't argue against dropping the 3DS, because I'm more of a home console player now. My eyes can't focus well on the 3DS screen. With the Switch's ability to travel around, it can do what made the 3DS unique.

Personal opinion, take it however you may.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Expensive new milk that some will not be able to buy in a while.
The old one still can bring quality and killing it off doesn't mean all will go to the new cow immediately.

Both cows can enjoy eating same grass, the new one needs to eat way more as is growing, but the old should not starve.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
ok then tell me, unrelated to the 3DS, do farmers normaly replace a perfectly good cow even if it is still making milk and money? Or do they have many cows making milk at one time?
Logistically speaking yes you might replace a cow when there are only so many farmers that can tend to so many cows. Food, hands, land, time, udders... okay enough with the farm comparison.

Of course it makes sense to support the 3DS still since it has money making power still, but it's also only natural to want Switch games over 3DS games since anything that we can and will look forward to on the latter could instead be a better experience on the former. Unfortunately it's an investment, more money to make a bigger product on a smaller install base to expand said base to yield a higher profit to justify the shift in time and resources.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I think people are missing what Im saying or I just didnt say it right.

Im saying borh systems should get games
And that's perfectly fine.
But the Switch needs to be the priority here. It's meant to be a household name, and right now it needs all Nintendo can give it.

Oh and before anyone goes something something "3DS has more users" because I have been seeing that pop up.
Well yeah I'd hope so. If a five to six year old console had less players than the one that came out not too long ago I'd be worried. Like it's hard to compare the two when one is recent and another has been around for a while. What did you expect?

This is where focusing on killer apps and AAA titles come in. Yes, it has less users, it's why need to push for more Switch sales. We need to have the 3DS-like sales numbers on the Switch, something that the Wii U wasn't that great in getting.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well I guess that depends on how many resources the farmers have to maintain their billion dollar cows. The last time we had a turnover the old cow got milked like twice more before being taken out to pasture, and somehow we all still survived. Sometimes that's what's required for the wellbeing of your calf. Because eventually the cow will die and if the calf isn't healthy you are ****ed.

But I didn't realize you were a shareholder of Nintendo.

Especially since your perspective has shifted back and forth between the personal and the business to suit your argument.

I'm a consumer. I want more software for the optimal product, and fewer for the dated, inferior one. Because resources are finite. At this point I don't stand to gain anything from the 3ds being the more lucrative system. I don't fault Nintendo for being a business and making decisions that reflect that, but sometimes that will stand at odds with my self-interest and money. This is one of those times.

Continue to argue on behalf of the company if you want, I'm sure they appreciate it.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
My question is why bother with the milk?
Get some steak. Preferably prime rib and preferably medium-rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom