• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Well, the Hulks rights issues are weird. They can't make solo Hulk films without Paramount from what I understand, which is why despite Ruffalo's success in the films as the character and being well liked they haven't made one for him.

So I'm guessing that She Hulk is in the same place he is, that doesn't discount her from being introduced somehow in another character's film but sadly she's probably never gonna have her own film.
So basically, most likely in something like an Avengers or a Fantastic Four film (should the right to them revert to Marvel Studios)?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Here's all Reggie said taken from GoNintendo:

- Nintendo E3 Spotlight is just the beginning
- three different tournaments going on this week
- looking to continue to drive momentum for 3DS and Switch
- 3DS is going to get 'lots of love' at E3
- Spotlight is a 25-minute kick-off to the show
- number of reveals, first looks and key games
- Super Mario Odyssey is a big part of the show
- within the first hour of treehouse live, there will be more breaking news
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe the best-selling single SKU for NPD this May
- "Lots of tricks up our sleeves" for E3
Most of this sounds nice, but can the 3ds please slag off already. I love it but I'm never going back to it.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Why is all this sudden 3DS hate? I just don't get this, everytime something is announced for the 3DS people cry out for the game to be on the Switch for no reason(USUM and EOV, for example).
Wanting games for the Switch is one thing but it seems people want Nintendo to stop supporting the 3DS completely

I guess people are just paranoid about the Switch being another Wii U or something.

I think some people were also really pushing/bought in to the idea of a "unified platform" and Nintendo and don't like that they're wrong.
So when can I get Marth Lucina in Heroes?
She's one of the rewards for the Tempest Trials.

Though in terms of stats she's literally the same as Lucina but with no skills.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

It'll be 1:00 AM EST
So close to Bethesda's conference...I want to try to catch both of them but hot if Bethesda takes longer than an hour...

Also cool to see Sony's at 9pm tomorrow, I'll miss the beginning since I finish work right at 9, but I'll be able to catch the rest of it...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I guess people are just paranoid about the Switch being another Wii U or something.

I think some people were also really pushing/bought in to the idea of a "unified platform" and Nintendo and don't like that they're wrong.

She's one of the rewards for the Tempest Trials.

Though in terms of stats she's literally the same as Lucina but with no skills.
Oh well that's lame.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
To add on to my earlier post: If you ever decide to spend 20k feathers to upgrade the 4* Masked Marth, that's two 5* Masked Marths. Two of the same character at 5* is something very few FTP players will ever get. And you can merge them for a 5* +1.

And then imagine if they ever offer her as a reward again in the future.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To add on to my earlier post: If you ever decide to spend 20k feathers to upgrade the 4* Masked Marth, that's two 5* Masked Marths. Two of the same character at 5* is something very few FTP players will ever get. And you can merge them for a 5* +1.

And then imagine if they ever offer her as a reward again in the future.
Which is honestly funny to me since I have two Five Star +1s and I'm FTP (Tharja from my first set of pulls and one from today, and Chrom from a lucky pull and a four star to five star growth).

Though considering my number of five stars is otherwise pretty shoddy even for FTP, I guess it balances out. :p Roy, Cordelia, Eirika, and Virion are my only other ones. I had Jakob, too, but he was fodder for Chrom's Renewal 3.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well, I'm glad to hear the plans of the Spotlight and beyond that from Reggie. It to me helps to increase the odds Smash will be mentioned in one form or another at E3! :b:

Alternatively, one of the three games that they have for each day could also be Smash if the supposed Best Buy leak is anything to go by... :p

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Best news I have ever heard
Indeed.

Let's suppose Im a dad, despite the Switch portability I would not let my kids go outside with a tablet sized 300 bucks console. A 3DS is smaller, cheaper and with a stable userbase. That's why the push for this console continues as many games are aimed for kids, an example of this would be Ultra SM. I would have a screwrdiver on my gut and one console less if I pull out a Switch in the bus or in the park to play Pokémanz. That's an important point for companies deciding where to release their game that people seem to forget.

Switch probably will establish its own userbase and 3DS will continue until it gets phased out for the New 3DS imo.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I just want more Crash news from Sony tomorrow.

Where's my HD Warped boss fight of my favorite pyromaniac scoundrel?

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I think think this E3 will have a big impact on me buying a Switch or not (since I already have BotW for wiiu).

If it's crickets, I won't buy.
If there's cool unexpected stuff, I might buy.
If there's a Metroid, I'll probably buy.
If there's a Knack 2 port, I'll buy ten.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Two of the same character at 5* is something very few FTP players will ever get. And you can merge them for a 5* +1.
Having spent no money on the game, currently among my 5* units are:
+4 Titania (she really likes me, I've also had four of her as 4*)
+1 Minerva
+1 Azura
+1 Seliph
Two Roys (probably going to use the second for Triangle Adept if someone wants it)
Two Nowis (I don't use either, so not sure what to do with the spare... guess someone like Cecilia might like Threaten Resistance)

In total I have gotten some 25-30 5* units, I think (including duplicates). Four or five through promoting 4*s, and the rest through luck. Early on my luck used to be terrible (and still is sometimes with 4* units I'd like to use but have bad assets/flaws, like my +Spd -Atk Reinhardt), but... I guess it's picked up since then. :p

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Indeed.

Let's suppose Im a dad, despite the Switch portability I would not let my kids go outside with a tablet sized 300 bucks console. A 3DS is smaller, cheaper and with a stable userbase. That's why the push for this console continues as many games are aimed for kids, an example of this would be Ultra SM. I would have a screwrdiver on my gut and one console less if I pull out a Switch in the bus or in the park to play Pokémanz. That's an important point for companies deciding where to release their game that people seem to forget.

Switch probably will establish its own userbase and 3DS will continue until it gets phased out for the New 3DS imo.
people like to think the Switch is another 3DS they can carry around everywhere even though its clearly mainly a home console and not an handheld and just throwing the 3DS out like that wouldnt be a good idea at all.

Thats like getting a new puppy and getting rid of your other puppy that is still 100%healthy

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Which is honestly funny to me since I have two Five Star +1s and I'm FTP (Tharja from my first set of pulls and one from today, and Chrom from a lucky pull and a four star to five star growth).
+1 Minerva
+1 Azura
+1 Seliph
Two Roys (probably going to use the second for Triangle Adept if someone wants it)
Two Nowis (I don't use either, so not sure what to do with the spare... guess someone like Cecilia might like Threaten Resistance)
I hate you both. >:[

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The fact the "b" in Dragonball Fighters Z isn't capitalized pisses me off.

Also it reminds me of Dragonzball P lol.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Yikes. There were some good third party games shown during the Xbox conference. Exclusives that make the Xbox worth buying over its competition were not really among them.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't get the continued use of "Z" especially when recent Dragon Ball game series like Raging Blast, Xenoverse and Fusions have finally dropped it.
Most of the games center around Z. There's also the fact that DBZ is the most popular part of the franchise.

And Z is a cool sounding/looking letter, like X or the Omega symbol. So it lends to being used in titles.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
You say that like third party characters are a bad thing. I thought we were over that in this fandom.

Inkling, Ice Climbers, and Shovel Knight/Rayman/Tracer (to go with the totally implausible Overwatch: Switch Edition. Kthnxbye.)
you really dont know me if you think i hate 3rd parties in smash lol.I just know its an unpopular in many people eyes for smash to keep adding 3rd parties

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ahhh finally hit the Breath of Life 1 seal mark. Phew. Even managed to get a 707 score once, the stars aligned just right.

+1 Minerva
+1 Azura
+1 Seliph

In total I have gotten some 25-30 5* units
You cannot be F2P, I've spent [censored] dollars on this darn thing and have gotten 31, five of which I plucked an entire flock of hens to get their stars! Why are the results so similar? *sobs* ......A-Anyways, beside my two extra Bridal Cordelias, I've got +1 Alm, +1 Roy, and a +2 Seliph. Haven't used any as fodder, too afraid to get rid of one right now.

Figured you'd be interested, but I just did a quick summon and got another five star Tharja lol. I swear it had something to do with us talking about FE Heroes while I was summoning. :p

It's +Attack -HP too, which I imagine is pretty good on her.

Thanks for the info Opossum.

D

Deleted member

Do I have terrible eyesight or something? Everyone in this one comment section(can't link right now due to phone posting) says that the graphics for the new DBZ game looks like a poor mugen game or even a flash game from the early 2000s.

People have **** taste.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Do I have terrible eyesight or something? Everyone in this one comment section(can't link right now due to phone posting) says that the graphics for the new DBZ game looks like a poor mugen game or even a flash game from the early 2000s.

People have **** taste.
If they think thats bad looking, Id hate to see what they think actual mugen looks like

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

People have **** taste.
They're just being silly billys.

To me it's beautiful because it reminds me of how I felt about Stick of Truth when it was first announced.

It's art style is true to the show it's based on.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

People have **** taste.
Lol really? I wasn't super impressed(the framerate is noticeably choppy) but comparing it to MUGEN is way too far.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

Code Vein.

Did they ever say which platforms its on?

Rare Replay is free for Xbox One users who sign up for Mixer. So if you have an Xbox one, you have a free game just waiting for you. . .errr collection of games. Lot's of good ones!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Lemme know if he's wearing a Metroid pin, otherwise idc.
Reggie:" Ask me about Metroid at E3"

*Reggie Steps out at E3 with a Metroid pin but no announcement.

*After E3 interview

Interviewer: "Reggie where was Metroid?:

Reggie: "How could you miss it? I was wearing a fancy new pin of it at E3! "

He's showing off ARMS.

Can't say I'm surprised.
This makes me feel like it won't be in the spotlight unless it's the first DLC wave, but I could that being pushed to later. I like ARMS but it would be nice if it took a backseat as it and Splatoon got a lot of focus, same for SPlatoon. That gets weekly updates and has a month before release, so I'm sure we could get a stand alone direct for that to push anything else.
Here's all Reggie said taken from GoNintendo:

- Nintendo E3 Spotlight is just the beginning
- three different tournaments going on this week
- looking to continue to drive momentum for 3DS and Switch
- 3DS is going to get 'lots of love' at E3
- Spotlight is a 25-minute kick-off to the show
- number of reveals, first looks and key games
- Super Mario Odyssey is a big part of the show
- within the first hour of treehouse live, there will be more breaking news
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe the best-selling single SKU for NPD this May
- "Lots of tricks up our sleeves" for E3
This sounds pretty good. I'm a little more excited for the event now, hopefully it pays off.
So when can I get Marth Lucina in Heroes?
When you get a score of 6,000 or 27,000 in tempest trials.

I just got the 4 star one so I'll be raising her eventually.
Wait.

NONE?!?

What's the point of her then?
Iirc when datamined it revealed it's just a skin for Lucina with no different skills or stats which is really dumb when you look at stuff like the brides or spring outfits. I guess the incentive is that Lucina is still a rare hero and worth having so I am ok with that since I don't have her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom