• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Despite the slow as hell beginning, this was a pretty solid conference.

I'm not sold on an Xbox One, let alone the new and shiny 4K version, but they had a nice selection games, even if most were also on the PS4.

Sea of Thieves interested me the most in terms of exclusives, glad to see Rare having their creativity back.

Super Lucky's Tale seems like a nice, charming 3D platformer (we need more those).

Anthem seems rather neat, will have to look at more though.

Also happy Cuphead finally has a release. Was worried the game would be going the way of Scalebound.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Nintendo does what, um. . .

Sony don't?

But really, I know a lot of people are supportive of crossplay and feel like it's a step towards the future for gaming, so Minecraft crossplay should be something Nintendo and Xbox fans are mutually happy about, right?

Chrono.

A Dragon Ball fighting game by Team Red of Aksys that uses the Guilty Gear engine.

Whatever pants I had are gone.

Rest of the conference was fine. B-

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I thought it was a great conference.

They didn't have to rely much on established IPs. It was mostly the new stuff that had my attention.

Highlights were:

-Super Lucky's Tale
-Sea of Pirates
-Ori 2
-Ambush
-DBZ
-Crackdown 3
-Black Desert (and it's 10/10 girls)

There were some games in the indie sizzle reel that looked cool too but it went too fast.

Xbox One X looks slick but I doubt I'll be able to afford it and I'm happy with PS4 and potentially Switch.

I am most excited for the PlayStation conference, but I will unfortunately have to miss the live showing, so I gotta stay spoiler free so I can watch it myself. I should be fine for Nintendo though.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I went in expecting nothing and I got Ori 2.
Good thing I don't need to buy an XBoneX since PC is a thing. :yeahboi:

Also what is this generic looking lovechild of Conker and Tails.

"Hey guys, we're making a new 3D platformer, who has ideas?"

"Well we bought Rare, we could make Ba-"

"SUPER LUCKY TALES"

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
That was actually pretty solid.
AC: Origins, Ori, Cuphead, Crackdown, DBZ, Minecraft updates, Code Vein, Metro and OG Xbox games on BC are definitely cool.
Anthem needs to shake off the Destiny vibe I'm getting but otherwise that was still pretty damn good.

Slow start and the price (£450 in UK) is meh.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Aside from the Dragonball game I really didn't care for anything else.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I went in expecting nothing and I got Ori 2.
Good thing I don't need to buy an XBoneX since PC is a thing. :yeahboi:

Also what is this generic looking lovechild of Conker and Tails.

"Hey guys, we're making a new 3D platformer, who has ideas?"

"SUPER LUCKY TALES"
Super Lucky's Tale is actually the second game in that series though. It's not some out of the blue thing.

The original was a pretty great VR platformer experience. Seems like the new one will probably be focusing on just being a traditional game, but I imagine it will still be playable in VR somehow.

D

Deleted member

I checked, and it's pretty subtle.
And guess what? I try to do similar thing on my New 3DS XL, and it has only minor subtle as well. In my opinion, seeing that you can still press the upper lid inward a bit isn't a warp/bend defect. I think most electronics that has screwed back cover has this trait. I mean the lid seems shut already, it doesn't have a huge gap, I tried to tuck a paper corner in and it only fits one small portion of the corner, it doesn't sink in.
To tell if your Switch is warped or not, you have to put your Switch on a flat surface and try to press the corners. If you can't then it's okay, if it does then that can be a problem.

I also mention my Switch does indeed have a dead pixel, but it's really insignificant that I can barely see it is there.
I've already checked mine, and the only corner that doesn't seem affected much is the bottom left corner. Oh well, as long as it doesn't warp even further... there shouldn't be a problem, I guess.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I mentioned that video of Battlegrounds and I found it.

Language warning, but it's so funny.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Super Lucky's Tale is actually the second game in that series though. It's not some out of the blue thing.

The original was a pretty great VR platformer experience. Seems like the new one will probably be focusing on just being a traditional game, but I imagine it will still be playable in VR somehow.
Still.

"Hey guys, we're making a 3D platformer, who has ideas?"

"LUCKY'S TALE"

-Whenever that happened

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Yo.

As a Sony and Nintendo loyal.

Conference was good. Why you hating?
I'm not hating. I honestly liked a lot of what I saw, particularly the announcement of Ori 2 (I love the first game though I seriously need to finish it). I just found this video by one of my favorite youtubers and wanted to see if I could actually trick people into thinking it was legit. Then again, that was kind of ruined when the thumbnail is Pepsiman...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Of all the obscure characters I've picked, the obscurest was the winner SonSon. There were was one vote for Biff and Cannon Spike's Simone however, but SonSon still beat them. It's likely familiarity since he does have a granddaughter that's playable in Marvel vs Capcom 2.

Speaking of which, the theme for this poll will be Marvel vs Capcom 2. These are the original characters that were made specifically for this game (even if they were meant for others like Darkstalkers) and had an retroactive role in the game's plot with their own home stage. Your choices are SonSon the Third (Yes, the monkey girl SonSon and not her granddad), Amingo, Abyss (Yes, the Final Boss), and Rubyheart.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

We'll see who's the most popular of the three for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Of all the obscure characters I've picked, the obscurest was the winner SonSon. There were was one vote for Biff and Cannon Spike's Simone however, but SonSon still beat them. It's likely familiarity since he does have a granddaughter that's playable in Marvel vs Capcom 2.

Speaking of which, the theme for this poll will be Marvel vs Capcom 2. These are the original characters that were made specifically for this game (even if they were meant for others like Darkstalkers) and had an retroactive role in the game's plot with their own home stage. Your choices are SonSon the Third (Yes, the monkey girl SonSon and not her granddad), Amingo, Abyss (Yes, the Final Boss), and Rubyheart.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

We'll see who's the most popular of the three for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.
SonSon >> Rubyheart >>>> Amingo >>>>>>>>> Abyss

I think we can all agree with this. :p

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Crossplay for Minecraft...When they mentioned crossplay in the Minecraft segment I was literally thinking 'Does that include the Switch?' Then there it was, a Switch in the background...

That's actually some pretty big news for the Switch and could mean more multiplatform games in the future could also support crossplay on the system also...

It's kind of weird such news for the Switch came from Microsoft's conference tbh...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
LMAO.

Crossplay for Minecraft is there for all versions EXCEPT Playstation 4.

Sony doesn't want it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Xbox's show reminds me greatly of Siivagunner's high quality rip of last year's show (minus 4K):

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
LMAO.

Crossplay for Minecraft is there for all versions EXCEPT Playstation 4.

Sony doesn't want it.
That's a damn shame.

I think I recall something about Sony saying they'd totally do crossplay, then Microsoft comes out and says they're totally fine to, but Sony hasn't delivered since.

Chrono.

That's a damn shame.

I think I recall something about Sony saying they'd totally do crossplay, then Microsoft comes out and says they're totally fine to, but Sony hasn't delivered since.
Sony also recently laughed at backwards compability, then today came Microsoft saying OG Xbox games will be available on XB1.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, I wonder how Ant-Man would play like in MvCI?
Lots of close combat, using different types of ant swarms for different attacks, and altering his hitboxes by changing his size (maybe even a stance system).

If they go full MCU inspiration, he also has those size changing discs.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Anyone know when Devolver Digital's press conference will be?

EST

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Sony also recently laughed at backwards compability, then today came Microsoft saying OG Xbox games will be available on XB1.
Playstation may have the better library, but I still believe that the Xbox provides the better all around experience. If only it had the library to go along with it. This E3 does make me hopeful for the future. CodeVein is a game that looks like it'd be right at home on Playstation, but instead it's on Xbox.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Seems like I'm in the minority of people that aren't super excited for the DBZ fighter. Feel like if you aren't a huge fan of DBZ or ArcSys fighters, there's not much to draw you to the game. Glad for people who are excited for it, though.

Didn't watch the conference live, what trailers are worth looking for in the aftermath?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom