• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well there's a city called "Batman" in Turkey, so clearly there has to be at least Batman-themed Turkey.
(Googles said city)

The city of Batman evolved from a turkish village of Iluh in 1957. Over the next 50 years, the city's population grew to many times it's previous size.

In 2007, Batman University was established.............
Interesting.

Last edited:
I finally beat Gen 4 of Pokemon.
And it only took me a decade:teeth:
Hey at least you are doing better than me. Bought from Gen 3 to the present with the exception of BW2 and the first pokemon game I beat was Gen 5. Still havent beat Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh after all these years!
Unless you count beating platinum ith a gameshark but that is 40% of the reason I never beat the game normally in the first place

Everyone, I'm sorry to announce this, but I'm leaving this forum forever,
I thought you were serious for a second before I read the rest of the post and got sad :drsad:

D

Deleted member

I thought you were serious for a second before I read the rest of the post and got sad :drsad:
You're confusing me more than I'm confusing you. Are you sad that I'm not leaving? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

@Shishœ Do you think in Peru there's a city named Batman but in Portuguese?
Homem Morcego would be a weird ass name tbh, Batman doesn't translate well into Portuguese so that's why they kept him as such here
Besides, it'd technically be in Spanish but I'm pretty sure it'd be just as weird

D

Deleted member

Homem Morcego would be a weird *** name tbh, Batman doesn't translate well into Portuguese so that's why they kept him as such here
Besides, it'd technically be in Spanish but I'm pretty sure it'd be just as weird
Yes, but the thing is I'm sure that Batman isn't funny in Turkish, it's funny in English, the same applies here.

And I don't know what your talking about, Homem Morcego would be a cool name for a city, I'm now going to have the capital of my super country named that.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Yes, but the thing is I'm sure that Batman isn't funny in Turkish, it's funny in English, the same applies here.

And I don't know what your talking about, Homem Morcego would be a cool name for a city, I'm now going to have the capital of my super country named that.
I keep reading Turkish Batman in this conversation so I decided to look it up out of curiosity. I was able to find this.

Needless to say, I'm intrigued. Of course it's going on the same list as that Turkish Spiderman flick featuring Captain America and El Santo (yes the Mexican wrestler).

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I finally beat Gen 4 of Pokemon.
And it only took me a decade:teeth:
I had a surprisingly easy time against the Elite Four and Cynthia, but I was at level 60 for those fights, as I wasn't sure how much I should grind and decided to be safe and grind to 58 and use Rare Candies to further boost my levels.
Now that I've finally beat the 4th generation, I would say that it's currently my 3rd favorite generation(granted, I've only played 5 of the generations so far).
And now I will work on beating the generations that I haven't played yet(gen 1 and later gen 2).
First time I battled Cynthia she absolutely destroyed me.

There was so much blood.

It changed me, man.

My poor Pokemon...

D

Deleted member

I keep reading Turkish Batman in this conversation so I decided to look it up out of curiosity. I was able to find this.

Needless to say, I'm intrigued. Of course it's going on the same list as that Turkish Spiderman flick featuring Captain America and El Santo (yes the Mexican wrestler).

It's nice of you to mention of the glory of the Turkish movies(Turkish Star Wars is still the best), but we're talking about a city named Batman.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Look up Italian Spider-Man one of these days. You'll find...something.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Look up Italian Spider-Man one of these days. You'll find...something.
. . .Something? The way you put that makes me a little nervous, LOL.

Does it compare to Japanese Spider-Man? IIRC that had him riding around in a Humongous Mecha or something.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Who would you main?
View attachment 128141

Famine the grappler incoming btw.

Also, thinking about making short form, Smash related comics to help viral my stuff, what do you guys think?
On looks alone?

Little Red Riding Hood and/or the wrothian.

I gotta admit though, you really like straps.

It works for most, but I'd remove the leg strap on the Kamen Rider guy.

D

Deleted member

Pffft, you guys are so casual that I doubt any of you have ever heard of Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla.

Which is more divisive than Yooka-Laylee since it has a 94% on RT but a 3 on IMDB

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
. . .Something? The way you put that makes me a little nervous, LOL.

Does it compare to Japanese Spider-Man? IIRC that had him riding around in a Humongous Mecha or something.
Japanese Spider-Man is dope. If only for seeing him use a giant robot and the 70's as **** intro song.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Thoughts on the episode
That action scene where Chariot fought the statues was so beautifully animated, damn...

Croix wants the World Reconstructor for some reason and I doubt she'll use it for good. Curious to see what her motivations are.

Episode felt too short because of how good it was though.
And I know I had mention this before, but we also seen Croix as a student once again when Diana was check the yearbook. And it pretty much confirms episode 3 in the broom relay race winners pics, Croix was the girl on the bottom left.
We also get a bit of detail on Croix and Chariot when they were students.
By checking LWA Discord group, I saw these pics interesting.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I just bought Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap for Switch.

I'm glad it actually released on the day it was slated for on the Aussie eshop and not 1am the day after as is the case for anything that releases on the usual weekly basis. It's a minor annoyance that it still uses the European upload time but still. I think the 3DS and Wii U eshops at least managed to get the dates right.

D

Deleted member

I gave up on waiting for Specter of Torment and pirated it on my PC
I already bought the game twice(digital on my 3DS when it launched and lafer the physical on Wii U) so I'm not that bothered by this and the wait was killing me, especially since most already played the game already.
And I have to say, Specter Knight is already my favorite, the air dash mechanic is really fun but you can't just use it carelessly.

The "Relic" system in this is better as you don't require gold for it and just the collectibles so you can save it for stuff like the Cloaks and the Relic upgrades.
I'm finding these really situational outside of the boomerang scythe which is just a great and simple projectile, the health recovery one and the STAND mirror.

Charge cloak isn't as good as in vanilla SK due to weird jump controls while charging it and the fact the gameplay is faster and thus you don't have time to charge it up against enemies you actually want to use it on.
The grinding cloak tho, just hold down when hitting the ground and Specter will literally skate on his scythe and that's the literal best thing ever.

No map this time but the HUB Area is actually quite big and has some places to explore. Stage selection can be done in any order so it's even more Mega Man-ish now!
Stages are much more changed than in PoS(justified in both cases though) and they have remixed music.
And I love how they changed the bosses A LOT, have only done the usual first three but Black Knight was much more fun than normal and King Knight was actually hard.

Finally, there are some new flashback stages that are spposed to show Specter's life before his ressurrection by the Enchantress. The duo's pair up reminds me of Shovel and Shield in the final boss and I love it and they are so ga--
>Specter's partner mentions his son
NOOOOOOO

Chrono.

As funny as it would be trying to get the players to use the motion controls, I'd imagine the more traditional controls would be better if one were to go in serious on this game.
I recall people saying that the motion controls were actually more fun than the traditional ones and some even said more optimal. But that was months ago with little play time.

D

Deleted member

The duo's pair up reminds me of Shovel and Shield in the final boss and I love it and they are so ga--
>Specter's partner mentions his son
NOOOOOOO
....never did get why people actively desire video game characters to be of a specific sexual orientation to the point that a character being confirmed otherwise affects them so much. :/

I mean, aren't characters usually shipped together anyway regardless of canon?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The Adventurer won. Maybe his dashing good looks compared to the XI protagonist had helped. Not that it really matters since the character is fully customizable a la Villager.

Anyways, here's the last Final Fantasy XIV poll after rudely missing a certain character. Your choices this time are Y'shtola, Biggs & Wedge, Xande (This is the XIV version and not the III original), and Wilred. For real, we might see Noctis's gang tomorrow.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And please don't ask about the avatar. I've lost a bet and have to stick with it for two months. And I can safely tell you that he's just shirtless.

D

Deleted member

....never did get why people actively desire video game characters to be of a specific sexual orientation to the point that a character being confirmed otherwise affects them so much. :/

The only thing worse you can do than take Shisho seriously is to take me seriously.

It doesn't make any sense, it's all kayfabe.

Or maybe me saying this is kayfabe.

Or maybe what I just said there was kayfabe.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The Adventurer won. Maybe his dashing good looks compared to the XI protagonist had helped. Not that it really matters since the character is fully customizable a la Villager.

Anyways, here's the last Final Fantasy XIV poll after rudely missing a certain character. Your choices this time are Y'shtola, Biggs & Wedge, Xande (This is the XIV version and not the III original), and Wilred. For real, we might see Noctis's gang tomorrow.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And please don't ask about the avatar. I've lost a bet and have to stick with it for two months. And I can safely tell you that he's just shirtless.
Yeah right......

Voted for Kitty lady just because.

And what moveset were you and TheWolfBunny doing? Begging Namco to make Idolm@ster for the Switch?

D

Deleted member

I was exaggerating my reaction for the purpose of seemingly failed comedic effect

But still, I was shipping the two before release, especially since Specter seems to keep a locket as a memento and I was pretty sure it was because of him
Maybe Specter did love him but it was just not reciprocal
maybe the son was adopted :p
Even if it was, the son is clearly not Specter's by the wording

I'm actually wondering who this son is though, as in, if it's a character we already knew about

I think I should just play the game more and see how it develops from here

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yeah right......

Voted for Kitty lady just because.

And what moveset were you and TheWolfBunny doing? Begging Namco to make Idolm@ster for the Switch?
Yes.... yes it is.....

Not that Idolm@ster is famous or anything but, a little paying attention doesn't help.

Not like it matters since Namco Bandai will never pay attention to the fan demand nor do it for real when the series had been home to PlayStation for a while.

D

Deleted member

You could try that, but I feel like there's already a lot of those already. Specifically Final Smash comic is already popular so you'd be competing with that.

Maybe just do a general Nintendo one instead?
I was thinking something more about Smash tourneys. Like taking highlights, and making a small comic of those moments. Wouldn't only be Smash in fact, other fighters too. EVO has had some hype moments.
On looks alone?

Little Red Riding Hood and/or the wrothian.

I gotta admit though, you really like straps.

It works for most, but I'd remove the leg strap on the Kamen Rider guy.
Oh for sure. They're all a first draft still. I'm gonna start fleshing them out from here one, and doing some proper concept pages, movesets, and then a bunch of artwork to kinda help stuff get out there and go viral. I've posted the roster around in other places, thus far, the most popular ones by far have been the Catgirl, and the Doomguy Guy. Catgirl especially, someone even drew fanart of her in fact. So she'll get a lot of attention due to how viralable she is.

D

Deleted member

Even if it was, the son is clearly not Specter's by the wording

I'm actually wondering who this son is though, as in, if it's a character we already knew about

I think I should just play the game more and see how it develops from here
HNNG.....mustn't say anything......

Just keep playing. :p

D

Deleted member

Who would you main?
View attachment 128141

Famine the grappler incoming btw.

Also, thinking about making short form, Smash related comics to help viral my stuff, what do you guys think?
Very late reply, but I almost forgot. I'd likely either main the third character to the left or the one on the very far right.

Pretty good cast though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom