• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
They might have but its not the most exciting thing to put on the front of the box.
They just need to get creative.

Wheels that leave a trail of fire/ice behind.
Caterpillar tracks.
Wheels larger than the kart it self.
Mercedez-Benz wheels

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
its been a while since I've had a normal account.
good morning guys!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It turns out that the leak from earlier was fake.
CUGbTfNWwAQng6G.jpg

Peoples have really nothing to do than wasting everyone time, isn't it?:100:
its been a while since I've had a normal account.
good morning guys!
Good morning dude!

How you going? Me, I finally have the final evolution for the three starter in Pokemon Moon! 'Feel good man.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It turns out that the leak from earlier was fake.
Well that was nice while it lasted I guess.

InB4 some folks get high and mighty with the "this is why you plebeians shouldn't believe leaks!!!" song and dance. :p

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That's a LOT of new content for Mario Kart 8 Switch.

Hopefully we get that insane amount for a Switch port as well.

It'd make double dipping my wallet for both games well worth it.

Edit:

And lame it might be fake.

That's horrible. Truly horrible of someone.

Like Lex Luthor stealing 40 cakes horrible.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
InB4 some folks get high and mighty with the "this is why you plebeians shouldn't believe leaks!!!" song and dance. :p
Lol calling them, "high and mighty" is just being salty. They aren't wrong- you really shouldn't believe leaks. I've said this before- a leak is false until proven true, and there was no proof it was real. So yeah. I'll say it. This is why you shouldn't believe in leaks.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's just next week anyways until we get real content.

May it be just as hype as this fake leak too.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Well dang. Tend to forget how easy it is to fake stuff these days.

The 12th cannot come soon enough.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Lol calling them, "high and mighty" is just being salty. They aren't wrong- you really shouldn't believe leaks. I've said this before- a leak is false until proven true, and there was no proof it was real. So yeah. I'll say it. This is why you shouldn't believe in leaks.
Lol I'm far from salty. It's exactly what they're being, and it got REALLY bad during the Smash 4 speculation days. It's just a really pretentious thing to do, talking down to the "lesser folk" like that.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Silly as it might sound, I have actually made a New Year's Resolution to play less of a specific video game.

The game in question? Team Fortress 2.

Have you ever been in a period of time in your life where you play so much of one video game that you rarely, if ever play ANY other video games at all? Team Fortress 2 is that game for me, and it has been for months now.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Still hoping for Overwatch Switch. Even if it gets like zero new content or inspired costumes for the Nintendo platform, playing Overwatch on the go? It would be such a blessing to yell at someone other than Zenyatta/Mercy/Lucio to get on the payload in like, I don't know, Starbucks.

''GET ON THE PAYLOD, ZARYA, JESUS! OH LOOK NOW I'VE SPILLED MY TRIPLE SHOT NO FOAM CARAMEL CHEESECAKE BRULEE LATTE! I AM PISSED."

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Opossum says a group of people are likely going to act in a specific fashion
Trash character then proceeds to act in said fashion
Damn Opopo, that's fine bait

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Silly as it might sound, I have actually made a New Year's Resolution to play less of a specific video game.

Have you ever been in a period of time in your life where you play so much of one video game that you rarely, if ever play ANY other video games at all? Team Fortress 2 is that game for me, and it has been for months now.
I have not played anything other than Splatoon for basically the entirety of last year

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Skepticism over leaks is certainly something healthy to have, but I think that's no excuse to lord over anyone who happens to believe one.

I can't wait until the presentation so we can sort out what's what.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I wonder how long the presentation will be?

I hope we find that out soon. Because that could determine just how much information we'll find out that day. I mean it has to be at least 30 to 45 minutes.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

When I'm playing Pokémon it's the only game I play. Rune Factory 4 is also a game I played recently that made me stop playing any other game. The simplicity yet deepness of that game is really addicting.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

I usually burn out and lose interest in a game long before that can happen. ^^;

I tend to play a game a bunch for a short burst, then leave it alone for months or even years at a time.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

TFW TF2 is ten years old this year.

Also happened with Halo Reach.
Never did get anywhere near close to Inheritor rank but then the xp yield is bad for customs.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I want to see if this Pokemon Stars thing pans out. I still haven't gotten Sun/Moon because I don't own a New 3DS and I feel like I've missed the boat to get that at this point. If Stars doesn't happen or turns out to be a B2/W2 like sequel, I might just skip this generation altogether.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I want to see if this Pokemon Stars thing pans out. I still haven't gotten Sun/Moon because I don't own a New 3DS and I feel like I've missed the boat to get that at this point. If Stars doesn't happen or turns out to be a B2/W2 like sequel, I might just skip this generation altogether.
Personally, considering Gamefreak has said twice now that they have no Pokemon games in development for the Switch, I doubt all this stuff about Stars.

But still, they could be... Lying, I guess?

Plus it debunks that stupid Mario Rabbids crossover if it's true so pls

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Personally, considering Gamefreak has said twice now that they have no Pokemon games in development for the Switch, I doubt all this stuff about Stars.

What if they don't have any games in development because it's already finished :troll:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Lol I'm far from salty. It's exactly what they're being, and it got REALLY bad during the Smash 4 speculation days. It's just a really pretentious thing to do, talking down to the "lesser folk" like that.
Okay Opo. Clearly there's a misunderstanding here.

First of all, I'm not above any of you. This is a forum of equality, and nobody's better then anyone else. Second, I am allowed my say, and anyone who shares it are also allowed their say, and when you make, "INB4" posts, they do sound negative against other users- like me, who yes, do believe you shouldn't jump the gun on these leaks. I wasn't even planning on saying anything until I saw that post. Finally, and this is important, there's a difference between saying, "you shouldn't believe in leaks" versus "I toldya so". I'm not coming down on anyone, nor am I acting like the holy lord o'mighty- I'm being cautious, and sharing why I was being cautious for the purpose of expressing my view on the matter.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Plus it debunks that stupid Mario Rabbids crossover if it's true so pls
I mean, realistically, it'd be a terrible thing for GameFreak to confirm they're working on it so soon after Sun and Moon released. It'd feel like a giant cash grab/middle finger to the audience if they confirmed an enhanced port so soon after so many already bought Sun and Moon.

I really do hope Stars is a B2W2-like sequel though. There's so much you can do with what Sun and Moon set up.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm not judging that Rabbids/Mario crossover until there's footage.

It could be a really fantastic game with the gaming equal of the Minions. Yes, they're annoying, but that doesn't mean a good game can't be made with them, especially if a large portion of the Mario cast turns up in said game as well. And can anyone really name a BAD major Mario character?

Plus there's a chance of a Rayman cameo/appearance as well, who doesn't want to see him in the Mushroom Kingdom or Mario in Rayman's world?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay Opo. Clearly there's a misunderstanding here.

First of all, I'm not above any of you. This is a forum of equality, and nobody's better then anyone else. Second, I am allowed my say, and anyone who shares it are also allowed their say, and when you make, "INB4" posts, they do sound negative against other users- like me, who yes, do believe you shouldn't jump the gun on these leaks. I wasn't even planning on saying anything until I saw that post. Finally, and this is important, there's a difference between saying, "you shouldn't believe in leaks" versus "I toldya so". I'm not coming down on anyone, nor am I acting like the holy lord o'mighty- I'm being cautious, and sharing why I was being cautious for the purpose of expressing my view on the matter.
I see the misunderstanding, I think.

You're not the kind of person I was referring to with that. I never said as such. I won't name names, but there are definitely certain users prone to what I'm talking about. :p

If maple treeway and Toads factory are in this new MK8, Ill buy it

And if not, Ill probably get it anyway because I live MK8
Maple Treeway is easily one of my favorite courses.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm not judging that Rabbids/Mario crossover until there's footage. It could be a really fantastic game with a the gaming equal of the Minions. Yes, they're annoying, but that doesn't mean a good game can't be made with them, especially if a large portion of the Mario cast turns up in said game as well. And can anyone really name a BAD major Mario character?

Plus there's a chance of a Rayman cameo/appearance as well, who doesn't want to see him in the Mushroom Kingdom or Mario in Rayman's world?
Daisy and Peach?
Waluigi

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I see the misunderstanding, I think.

You're not the kind of person I was referring to with that. I never said as such. I won't name names, but there are definitely certain users prone to what I'm talking about. :p
OH WELL, EXCUUUSE ME FOR BEING SO ANNOYING!
AAAAH!

Cry and Run.gif

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm not judging that Rabbids/Mario crossover until there's footage.

It could be a really fantastic game with the gaming equal of the Minions. Yes, they're annoying, but that doesn't mean a good game can't be made with them, especially if a large portion of the Mario cast turns up in said game as well. And can anyone really name a BAD major Mario character?

I mean, that's a fair point. Rabbids Go Home is one of my favorite games on the Wii (Seriously, if you've never played that game, it's a dang treat), and clearly we aren't going to get an engaging RPG out of Paper Mario anymore, so maybe it'll be okay.

My thing is I don't WANT a gaming version of Minions, because that's already what Ubisoft has been trying to push them to be ever SINCE Minions skyrocketed in popularity. I want them to be more than that.

Also, Rayman and the Rabbids haven't been involved with each other for years. The Rabbids are entirely in their own universe now (which is essentially them in the 'real world'), as is Rayman.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom