• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Do people actually watch AVGN for his reviews? I'm not saying they were ever wrong or anything, but that never really seemed like the point. I never watched "Angry Critic" because I legitimately wanted to see their views on things but because I thought it was entertaining

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
For me, Nostalgia Critic went downhill the day he started to review modern movies. Too many skits with his of cast side characters and some reviews are long glorified skits (like the Pixels reviews).

Also, CensorshipGaming's Review of 2016 video is poetic, yet bittersweet in a way thanks to the music used.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Also; GG and Overwatch have very, very different aesthetics. Guilty Gear is 90s anime fused with classic metal. Overwatch is a clean, colourful, Pixar-esaue take on futuristic combat, complete with lazer guns and talking apes.
Aesthetics-wise, they are rather different. Settings-wise, both have the whole man-made race that got created and caused destruction on the world. You have the Omnics for Overwatch and you have the Gears for Guilty Gear. Also, nothing wrong with Ishiwatari music for the Overwatch cast. Plus, I don't think the Overwatch cast would clash much against the artwork used for Guilty Gear and Blazblue.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't really think AVGN is a reviewer

He's just a guy that plays bad games and tries to be entertaining about it

Saying "This game ****ing sucks monkey butts' isn't exactly a review.

But I find him entertaining and more ...sincere than NC

D

Deleted member

I don't really think AVGN is a reviewer

He's just a guy that plays bad games and tries to be entertaining about it

Saying "This game ****ing sucks monkey butts' isn't exactly a review.

But I find him entertaining and more ...sincere than NC
He does give reasoning why the game sucks and tends to explain it in his videos. It's just that he does it in a over the top way, but that's the whole point. You know the games he plays are always going to be terrible(Things most people would never even play because they're so terrible.), so yes, his AVGN videos are mostly entertainment. While his Cinemassacre reviews he's very calm and collective. And plenty of people watch that too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I can't dye a White Flower Print top at Festival Plaza; what the ****, yo.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I found a character that allows me to buy the building that gives "infinite bottlecaps"

Every time you place it, you can get a bottlecap from it, so you just place it, get the bottle cap, and replace it. Then repeat.

Only problem being how much Friend points you have

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was watching videos on failed kickstarters, and saw how HORRIBLE the video editing was. It reminded me of a time in school when I was learning how to video edit.

In my video editing class in school, we had this one student in our group who agreed to be green screened for shots we needed.

For some reason he was being super hostile when I was getting shots as I "Wasn't directly him properly"

...I didn't go to school to be a director, I went to school for video editing.

Apparently he used to be an actor. Don't see why he needed to be so hostile though.

This is the video I made from the shots. Regardless of how difficult the guy was purposely being I think it turned out well.

D

Deleted member

Time for another Pokemon topic:

Where would you rank the main series regions in terms of their Pokemon designs?

In other words, how would you rank each region in terms of the designs of all the new Pokemon introduced in that region?

Here's mine as an example (starting from top favorite and counting down)

1. Sinnoh
2. Hoenn
3. Alola and Kalos (tie)
4. Unova
5. Johto
6. Kanto

If you want to see some explanations:

Sinnoh is definitely my favorite region when it comes to all the new Pokemon introduced there. There are many cool Pokemon from there: namely Gallade, Garchomp, Roserade, Shaymin, Darkrai, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Porygon-Z, Buizel, the starters, the Lake Guardians, the Luxray line, Staraptor, Dusknoir, Abomasnow, Magenzone, Glaceon, Electivire, Lucario, Weavile, Cresselia, Rampardos, Drifloon, Cherrim, the list goes on and on. Many of my favorite Pokemon are from Sinnoh, and there are very few Pokemon I don't like from there.

Hoenn is a close second. Yet again, most of its new Pokemon look pretty awesome: memorable Pokemon include the starters, Salamence, Metagross, Absol, Milotic, Aggron, Skitty, all the legendaries, Roselia, Beautifly, Nuzleaf, Mawhile, Sableye, Ludicolo, Shiftry, Altaria, Zangoose, Manectric, Wailord, etc. Much like Sinnoh, almost all the new Pokemon stick out to me in a good way.

Both Alola and Kalos didn't have many new Pokemon compared to other regions, but I like how they want for "quality over quantity" when it came to both regions. All the new Pokemon in both regions don't stand out to me compared to Sinnoh and Hoenn, but I still enjoy most of their designs for the most part. In Alola, some of the Pokemon I really like design-wise include Lurantis, Lycannroc (Midday), Primarina, Decidueye, Toucannon's evolution line, Silvally, the legendaries, Ribombee, and many more. In Kalos, I really like Greninja, Tyrantrum, Sylveon, Aegislash, Braixen, the legendaries, Talonflame, Gogoat, Trevenant, Noivern, Barbaracle, etc.

Aside from Chandelure, Bisharp, Samurott, Serperior, the basic stages of the starters, Meloetta, Zebstrika, Gigalith, Excadrill, Scolipede, Krookodile, Hydreigon, Volcarona, Golurk, Haxorus, Reshiram, and a few others that I don't remember off the top of my head, Unova's Pokemon designs don't stand out to me compared to the other regions (I guess that's mainly because most of the region's Pokemon felt more like knockoffs of the Kanto Pokemon), but I still liked their overall Pokemon much more than Johto and Kanto's selection.

Meanwhile, the Johto and Kanto Pokemon don't stand out that much compared to other regional Pokedexes, at least in my opinion. In Johto, the only Pokemon that I really liked based on design were Donphan, Umbreon, Espeon, Skarmory, Scizor, Lugia, Ho-oh, Suicune, Noctowl, Chinchou, the Ursaring line, and the Ampharos line. In Kanto, its even less. The only Kanto Pokemon I really liked based on design were Gengar, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Ninetales, Onix, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Alakazam, Machamp, and that's pretty much it. Between Kanto and Johto, I like Johto's selection of Pokemon more.
1. Unova
2. Alola
3. Kanto
4. Sinnoh
5. Hoenn
6. Johto
7. Kalos
Unova had the best Pokemon designs imo. I mean, there were plenty of bad ones such as The Monkeys and Klingklang (I don't normally dislike immanent object based Pokemon but the entire Klink line is so lazily designed) but the good ones outweigh them - Chandelure, Krookodile, Samurott, Excadrill, Galvantula, Hydreigon... I could go on forever.

Alola barely had any Pokemon with a design that I don't like.

I like alot of Kanto Pokemon but there are also alot that I don't.

Hoenn and Sinnoh's lineups were decent but not alot of the Pokemon stood out to me. I liked Sinnoh's designs more between the two.

Johto had waaaaaay too many forgettable Pokemon but the good ones are there.

Kalos.... The only Kalos Pokemon that I really like alot are Greninja, Aegislash and Tyrantrum. Most of the others range from decent to bad. Doesn't help that there aren't many Pokemon to begin with.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1. Unova
2. Alola
3. Kanto
4. Sinnoh
5. Hoenn
6. Johto
7. Kalos
Unova had the best Pokemon designs imo. I mean, there were plenty of bad ones such as The Monkeys and Klingklang (I don't normally dislike immanent object based Pokemon but the entire Klink line is so lazily designed) but the good ones outweigh them - Chandelure, Krookodile, Samurott, Excadrill, Galvantula, Hydreigon... I could go on forever.

Alola barely had any Pokemon with a design that I don't like.

I like alot of Kanto Pokemon but there are also alot that I don't.

Hoenn and Sinnoh's lineups were decent but not alot of the Pokemon stood out to me. I liked Sinnoh's designs more between the two.

Johto had waaaaaay too many forgettable Pokemon but the good ones are there.

Kalos.... The only Kalos Pokemon that I really like alot are Greninja, Aegislash and Tyrantrum. Most of the others range from decent to bad. Doesn't help that there aren't many Pokemon to begin with.
I actually really like the klink line for their animation alone. I think they were added specifically because of the animation

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
https://twitter.com/fubarduck
So Kingpin, Loki, Vision, Mystique, The Hood, Black Widow and Ms. Marvel (Carol) we're scrapped characters in MvC3.
Kinda sad Kingpin didn't make it in.
What the heck could kingpin do? I think I played a video game where he rolled on the ground toward you or something

He's like, just some big, strong, fat guy

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
What the heck could kingpin do? I think I played a video game where he rolled on the ground toward you or something

True, but I think they could've made something great out of him even if he's just a really strong guy.

D

Deleted member

He's actually extremely strong for a normal guy. I mean, he doesn't have any powers, but he does know martial arts(he can take out multiple black belts in a stupidly short amount of time) and has overpowered characters like Captain America, Daredevil, and Spiderman hand to hand.(Which is no easy feat whatsoever.) I mean, believe it or not, he's considered to be a lot stronger than villains like Bane and Killer Croc.

D

Deleted member

I still watch the AVGN whenever a new episode occasionally pops up, and he's still quite entertaining. I am, however, aware that James Rolfe is merely playing a character and that these reviews aren't really meant to be taken too seriously, even if some of his fans might take their opinions from the Nerd without actually having played the games he's reviewed.

On the other hand, I haven't really kept up with the Nostalgia Critic much as of late, and for the most part his videos have gone downhill since he started adding skits that weren't very entertaining or funny. Disneycember and his editorials are fine, though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Thing with Kingpin is that his deal is his influence in crime, and that sounds hard to make a playstyle from
Have him carry thugs like Pikmin.

I have no doubt that Vision, Widow and Loki have decent shots at being Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of feel he'd be good if they made a Spiderman fighting game though

Venom, Spiderman, Scorpion, Rhino, Dr. Octopus, Electro, Green Goblin, King Pin, Carnage, Vulture, Sandman, Chameleon, Lizard, Mysterio (Who should be in one of the damn spiderman movies), Kraven the Hunter, Morbius, Shocker, Black Cat

Etc.

D

Deleted member

Thing with Kingpin is that his deal is his influence in crime, and that sounds hard to make a playstyle from
I think the problem is less so that and more so that he's just a standard martial artist. He's the character you'd see more so in a Tekken-like game(much closer to martial arts) and not at all in a game like MvC.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think the problem is less so that and more so that he's just a standard martial artist. He's the character you'd see more so in a Tekken-like game(much closer to martial arts) and not at all in a game like MvC.

You should see the **** hepulled in Ultimate

Chrono.

Well ****.

Pokemon Prism got shot dead.

And unlike Uranium, Ninty didn't wait until the game was officially out this time.

This really sucks, though bizarrely enough Prism is just a ROMhack.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I love the sound of Marie Rose and Honoka whiners in the morning.

Just because your favorite DoA characters didn't appear in Warriors All Stars (the Tecmo Koei Warriors crossover), doesn't mean these two characters are overrated. They were the biggest deal in Dead or Alive 5 since forever.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well ****.

Pokemon Prism got shot dead.

And unlike Uranium, Ninty didn't wait until the game was officially out this time.

This really sucks, though bizarrely enough Prism is just a ROMhack.
They're going after ROMhacks now?

I thought those were safe?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I love the sound of Marie Rose and Honoka whiners in the morning.

Just because your favorite DoA characters didn't appear in Warriors All Stars (the Tecmo Koei Warriors crossover), doesn't mean these two characters are overrated. They were the biggest deal in Dead or Alive 5 since forever.
I have never heard of either of those characters in DoA

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I have never heard of either of those characters in DoA
Probably because you haven't played the recent titles.

Marie and Honoka were heavily promoted alot after their debut in the fifth game. Even they had the most popular PS Network themes to warrant being instant inclusion in Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 (being featured on the front cover too).

So we can say they are the Rosalina of Dead or Alive. Where any and everyone feels they overshadow the older favorites like Helena and such.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Can confirm, those two are everywhere.

Like one search for Dead or Alive, those two pop up the most on Google or DeviantArt. And that says alot about their biggest asset (no pun intended, but not for Loli Rose).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Every time I tried to think of a character I liked in DoA

It turned out they were actually a Tekken character.

I like... Ryu, Kasumi, and actually Lisa. Lisa was a new character in the last DoA I played

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
I'm no Overwatch fan, but I saw that myself thanks to Kendy (the best GoSpark shipper ever).

Now Thatkidwiththeafro Thatkidwiththeafro has a bigger reason to be happy.
Good, good... will make something interesting for a trophy description of Tracer soon...

Now that Tracer is confirmed to be gay.... can we seriously open the doors on the following....

• Albus Potter X Scorpius Malfoy
  • Steve X Bucky (AKA Captain America X Winter Solider)
  • Giving Elsa a girlfriend in Frozen 2?
  • Static Shock X Gear????
Anything else I didn't cover yet? ;) - Afro

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
> Finds a Granbull on Poni Island
> Accidentally kills it with a critical hit Poison Fang

There goes my favorite Gen 2 Pokemon being captured.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
> Finds a Granbull on Poni Island
> Accidentally kills it with a critical hit Poison Fang

There goes my favorite Gen 2 Pokemon being captured.
Ultra Balls are your friend. :troll:

Next time, try using a couple non-Super Effective moves to avoid killing the Fairy Bulldog.

Good, good... will make something interesting for a trophy description of Tracer soon...

Now that Tracer is confirmed to be gay.... can we seriously open the doors on the following....

• Albus Potter X Scorpius Malfoy
  • Steve X Bucky (AKA Captain America X Winter Solider)
  • Giving Elsa a girlfriend in Frozen 2?
  • Static Shock X Gear????
Anything else I didn't cover yet? ;) - Afro
Who are the first two?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Wait, Surf's Up has a sequel?

Oh wait, it's another marketing ploy by the WWE company like the last Flinstones and Scooby Doo crossover.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait, Surf's Up has a sequel?

Oh wait, it's another marketing ploy by the WWE company like the last Flinstones and Scooby Doo crossover.
Let me guess, John Cena and Undertaker play the role of legendary penguin surfers in the movie.

Last edited:

CrimsonVallier

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KipVallier
3DS FC
3866-8291-8606
since people were talking about avgn and nc what movie, game, anime, comic reviewer do you guys watch?
I think linkara's pretty good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom