• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Did they ever confirm the release date for teh LEGO Batman Movie?

I'm DYING to see that considering how ****ing awesome the vanilla LEGO Move was.
It comes out February 10th 2017.
Unrelated but I just find it funny how your usernames get smaller and smaller each time
It all started with me accidentally coming up with the username of Z25 on another site. I changed it on there because of similar usernames and because I liked it better. So in getting premium I decided to change it to that on here.

I'll probably keep it permanently though from now on. My Twitter still uses my original username though.

D

Deleted member

This
This should exist here, for real
It usually exists on other forums. In fact, the Godzilla forum I mainly used besides this one(before I got banned from there.) made it so that when you post again, instead of double posting it'd just add to the previous post. It was pretty convent. Though even before that they blocked you from double posting. Except on the fan fiction, art, and roleplay sections for reasons exclusive to those sections.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It usually exists on other forums. In fact, the Godzilla forum I mainly used besides this one(before I got banned from there.) made it so that when you post again, instead of double posting it'd just add to the previous post. It was pretty convent. Though even before that they blocked you from double posting.
Warchamp, this should exist:023:

Chrono.

Woah. I lose internet for a couple days and suddenly everyone's got Premium. :p

I should probably hop on that bandwagon again.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Could have been worse, like Kotaku could write a clickbait article about that scene or even legit ask the creator themselves about Peach's sexuality, like they've already did for a certain green wearing manchild from the Zelda franchise (when it's obvious Tingle is just Leisure Suit Larry in Hylian form). Kotaku never changes after all.

Ddi you just assume their gender? :troll:
Why did I laugh at this? Just why?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Catching up on the Batman and Walking Dead telltale games.

Harvey Dent's face is ****ing gnarly.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Could have been worse, like Kotaku could write a clickbait article about that scene or even legit ask the creator themselves about Peach's sexuality, like they've already did for a certain green wearing manchild from the Zelda franchise (when it's obvious Tingle is just Leisure Suit Larry in Hylian form). Kotaku never changes after all.

Why did I laugh at this? Just why?
Kotaku was obviously doing it for the views. Why else would they even ask about that to Aonuma's face?

And for those who are curious, I'll remind you all of how "good" their journalism is.

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-explains-where-tingle-came-from-1686538751

Sure, because it's not like Tingle did get scored by a fairy in his own game or anything. :rolleyes:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Kotaku was obviously doing it for the views. Why else would they even ask about that to Aonuma's face?

And for those who are curious, I'll remind you all of how "good" their journalism is.

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-explains-where-tingle-came-from-1686538751

Sure, because it's not like Tingle did get scored by a fairy in his own game or anything. :rolleyes:
Because the West hate Tingle, duh. So they don't care what happens with him in his own Eastern exclusive games.

Even Kamiya doesn't consider Kotaku real journalism at all (which is the best thing I've ever seen from him).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You are right, Kamiya doesn't put up with any bull on his Twitter.

Not to mention he asked the writer for that article (The one about him being clueless about Valve and PC Gaming) to eat ****.

Kamiya takes no prisoners and blocks any poor soul on Twitter.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Not to mention he asked the writer for that article (The one about him being clueless about Valve and PC Gaming) to eat ****.

Kamiya takes no prisoners and blocks any poor soul on Twitter.
And Gaijin Goombah too. All he wanted was to interview him about Polygon's review slamming Bayonetta 2 for sexism.

And what he got in the end was the usual and a block. He's one of those guys that are so despicable, but you just can't hate them.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
OK, who thought creating Conversion Z and giving Toxapex Stockpile, Recover and Regenerator at the same time was a good idea? XD
The one that said Rayquaza doesn't need to hold a Mega Stone to Mega Evolve.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The one that said Rayquaza doesn't need to hold a Mega Stone to Mega Evolve.
Nowhere near on the same scale, but you're not wrong.

Z-Conversion was the best damn thing to ever happen to Porygon-Z. A 1+ boost to everything and giving it a new STAB + Adaptability? Hell yes.

Toxapex's healing shenanigans are just annoying though.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Holy ****, I just got another 6IV Eevee.

I'm not even trying to do this- what I'm trying to do is get a female Eevee with 5IVs so I can work on getting Vaporeon.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Time for another Pokemon topic:

Where would you rank the main series regions in terms of their Pokemon designs?

In other words, how would you rank each region in terms of the designs of all the new Pokemon introduced in that region?

Here's mine as an example (starting from top favorite and counting down)

1. Sinnoh
2. Hoenn
3. Alola and Kalos (tie)
4. Unova
5. Johto
6. Kanto

If you want to see some explanations:

Sinnoh is definitely my favorite region when it comes to all the new Pokemon introduced there. There are many cool Pokemon from there: namely Gallade, Garchomp, Roserade, Shaymin, Darkrai, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Porygon-Z, Buizel, the starters, the Lake Guardians, the Luxray line, Staraptor, Dusknoir, Abomasnow, Magenzone, Glaceon, Electivire, Lucario, Weavile, Cresselia, Rampardos, Drifloon, Cherrim, the list goes on and on. Many of my favorite Pokemon are from Sinnoh, and there are very few Pokemon I don't like from there.

Hoenn is a close second. Yet again, most of its new Pokemon look pretty awesome: memorable Pokemon include the starters, Salamence, Metagross, Absol, Milotic, Aggron, Skitty, all the legendaries, Roselia, Beautifly, Nuzleaf, Mawhile, Sableye, Ludicolo, Shiftry, Altaria, Zangoose, Manectric, Wailord, etc. Much like Sinnoh, almost all the new Pokemon stick out to me in a good way.

Both Alola and Kalos didn't have many new Pokemon compared to other regions, but I like how they want for "quality over quantity" when it came to both regions. All the new Pokemon in both regions don't stand out to me compared to Sinnoh and Hoenn, but I still enjoy most of their designs for the most part. In Alola, some of the Pokemon I really like design-wise include Lurantis, Lycannroc (Midday), Primarina, Decidueye, Toucannon's evolution line, Silvally, the legendaries, Ribombee, and many more. In Kalos, I really like Greninja, Tyrantrum, Sylveon, Aegislash, Braixen, the legendaries, Talonflame, Gogoat, Trevenant, Noivern, Barbaracle, etc.

Aside from Chandelure, Bisharp, Samurott, Serperior, the basic stages of the starters, Meloetta, Zebstrika, Gigalith, Excadrill, Scolipede, Krookodile, Hydreigon, Volcarona, Golurk, Haxorus, Reshiram, and a few others that I don't remember off the top of my head, Unova's Pokemon designs don't stand out to me compared to the other regions (I guess that's mainly because most of the region's Pokemon felt more like knockoffs of the Kanto Pokemon), but I still liked their overall Pokemon much more than Johto and Kanto's selection.

Meanwhile, the Johto and Kanto Pokemon don't stand out that much compared to other regional Pokedexes, at least in my opinion. In Johto, the only Pokemon that I really liked based on design were Donphan, Umbreon, Espeon, Skarmory, Scizor, Lugia, Ho-oh, Suicune, Noctowl, Chinchou, the Ursaring line, and the Ampharos line. In Kanto, its even less. The only Kanto Pokemon I really liked based on design were Gengar, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Ninetales, Onix, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Alakazam, Machamp, and that's pretty much it. Between Kanto and Johto, I like Johto's selection of Pokemon more.
1: Sinnoh - Includes several throwbacks to classic Pokémon like say Electabuzz, Magmar, Tangela, Lickitung, etc... Even evolutions from Hoenn like Dusknoir and Gallade. The mix of likeable new designs and the extension of existing family trees was one of the things that made Generation IV really enjoyable for me.

2: Alola - The newly introduced Pokémon in Sun/Moon are rich with character, both in terms of design, uniqueness and often a bit of lore to them. From Mimikyu wanting to be popular by disguising itself as Pikachu, the Starters final evos resonating in personality like Incineroar or elegance like Primarina; Pokémon with unique abilities like Mudsdale, Minior and Wishiwashi; to the downright bizarre Ultra Beasts. I don't have any problems with the Ultra Beasts, and wouldn't mind more of them. If we can have dancing Christmas lights to the Tale of Princess Kaguya, then I can live with an origami-samurai. Least favourite however would probably be Bruxish because it's succeeding in the ugly factor; but all in all, I'd say Alola does a good job.

3: Hoenn - Another classic region for me thanks to a number of unique Pokémon, and some memories with them that I have no regrets for. Examples: Releasing Grovyle for no apparent reason, but it's role in the Mystery Dungeon games were great; Sableye being a star in my team, running away from Kyogre out of terror...

4: Johto and Kanto - Having grown up with both of them at the same time, and two of my favourites coming from Kanto (Koffing and Gengar), the only weak link I have with Johto is Remoraid suddenly becoming an octopus.

5: Kalos - I have to give credit to some neat new faces - Greninja, Aegislash, Hawlucha, Sylveon, but I guess looking back, some of them didn't make too much of an impact for me.

6: Unova - I've always had a bit of a 'hit-and-miss' relationship with Unova's Pokémon. Some I like a lot, such as Hydreigon, Zebstrika, Braviary and Smugleaf, some took a bit of time for me to get used to like Cofagrigus, others I felt were just expies like Conkeldurr and Gigalith, and then were the ones I absolutely disliked, like Garbodor, Vanilluxe and Stunfisk.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Ash-Greninja defenses are still mediocre; explaining why it couldn't take a BURASTO BAAAN on the face. :gova:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I just defeated a trainer that used just UBs with my Masquerain XD

Masquerain used Quiver Dance
Nihilego used Sneaky Pebbles

Masquerain used Scald
Nihilego used Power Gem

Masquerain survived thanks to its Focus Sash

Masquerain used Scald
Nihiliego DIES

Celesteela appears

Masquerain used Batton Pass
Celesteela used Autonomize

Arcanine appears with Masquerain's stat boosts.

The enemy trainer forfeited and died.

But seriously, online is super boring.
3 vs 3? The same OP Pokemon over and over again?
I'm out XD

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

Another session of XvsSF casuals. Going back to these older versus titles ever since the announcement Marvel vs Capcom Infinite is a pretty fascinating history lesson. I hope you people enjoy these as much I did playing.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
OK, who thought creating Conversion Z and giving Toxapex Stockpile, Recover and Regenerator at the same time was a good idea? XD
Thanks for giving me more reasons to love Toxapex.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Since the protagonists on Sun and Moon don't need hats then the ones on mine won't have hats!

Actually nah. Hats are important during the winter. The boy will have a toque and the girl will wear ear muffs. The protagonists will be late teens, and the boy will be aborigine and the girl white. I haven't decided the males hairdo but the girl has her bangs covering one eye and like a tuft of hair sticking out too. I'm still working on them.

I also have a bit of an idea of how my character and Obobo's and Annuga's look like too.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nowhere near on the same scale, but you're not wrong.

Z-Conversion was the best damn thing to ever happen to Porygon-Z. A 1+ boost to everything and giving it a new STAB + Adaptability? Hell yes.

Toxapex's healing shenanigans are just annoying though.
Think this is the antidote to the Evolite and Porygon 2?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Been watching a Let's Play of The Last Guardian...

Trico is too precious...It's like a 5 ton puppy dog :p

Regardless, I think I can understand why the game got delayed so much because it seems Trico's AI would be pretty troublesome to program correctly...I'm not sure what the actual reasoning behind it was because I was never really following the game at all...

The game looks gorgeous though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom