• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
And anyone that ships incest couples have **** taste. Don't think I can take someone who ships Mega Man x Roll or Ryuko x Satsuki serious.

NaruHina and Ichihime FTW

Now watch Deku wind up with Ochako when he becomes a professional hero.
I stopped caring about Bleach and Deku will get a great girl but man, My Hero Academia has way better girls than Ochako that I feel bad for her because in any other series she would be best girl

Also Megaman x Roll is fine
When it's Legends and Battle Network

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I know. I literally just said this to a friend, but the people who don't think it's a big deal simply don't realize why it's considered a big deal methinks, and there's actual homophobes in denial out there
You are letting your frustration out on the wrong people. Tell the ones denying it and if they dont listen, there is this thing called ignoring trolls

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You are letting your frustration out on the wrong people. Tell the ones denying it and if they dont listen, there is this thing called ignoring trolls
I'm not being frustrated at them, I'm laughing at them while pointing my finger at them as that's dumb **** they're doing. Not to mention Tracer has pretty much become the LGBT version of 'Samus is a girl' so far

Ivander

Smash Legend
Also Megaman x Roll is fine
When it's Legends and Battle Network
Last time I checked, they are both robots. They are only considered "brother and sister" because they are made by the same creator, just as Protoman is considered their "brother".
Also, it doesn't help that Powered Up actually hints at Roll's crush on Megaman.

D

Deleted member

Didn't you know? Everyone in Overwatch is gay.
Nah, not everyone, I mean, Ana is obviously bi because of Pharah
Because the GOTY has an LGBT mascot. Because Tracer is now the most iconic LGBT character in gaming
Also, she's the COVER girl, it's rare to see LGBT characters being the main ones, hell, they're rare in general and I can't even recall anyone outside of Corrin and their two gay options
How these parings go is mostly " huh, They look cute. I bet they would look cute together"
Isn't that exactly how shipping works though?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So Kilgore in KI will launch on January 3, 2017 at 11am PST (2pm EST)

Until then, it's 2 weeks of him being visable in the in-game store but can't get anything from this...

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I know. I literally just said this to a friend, but the people who don't think it's a big deal simply don't realize why it's considered a big deal methinks, and there's actual homophobes in denial out there
Like I said before, it's nice that she is and really, I have no problems with it.
But Tracer being gay doesn't change what I thought about her beforehand and I like the character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Like I said before, it's nice that she is and really, I have no problems with it.
But Tracer being gay doesn't change what I thought about her beforehand and I like the character.
Then we're both arguing different things I think. I'm not going "OMG TRACER IS GAY I WANNA BUMB BUTTS WITH HER" but rather "****ing finally, the LGBT Samus Aran"

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Last time I checked, they are both robots. They are only considered "brother and sister" because they are made by the same creator, just as Protoman is considered their "brother".
Also, it doesn't help that Powered Up actually hints at Roll's crush on Megaman.
Isn't that a love triangle with Ice Man having the hots for Roll?

Granted, Roll having a crush on Rock feels slightly odd to me more because of their home life than simply because they're made by the same person. My mind defaults to assuming that there's emotional ties of a non-romantic nature that would make things a bit. . .awkward. I admittedly don't have a say in who anyone has a crush on, though.

Time for another Pokemon topic:

Where would you rank the main series regions in terms of their Pokemon designs?

In other words, how would you rank each region in terms of the designs of all the new Pokemon introduced in that region?
1. Sinnoh
Sinnoh really had a lot of great Pokemon designs: The starters, Luxray, Garchomp, Lucario, most of the evos for old Pokemon... there were really few designs I didn't like (ex. Lickilicky).

2. Hoenn
Also a lot of great Pokemon designs, just not as many as in Sinnoh: starters, Metagross, Salamence, Seviper, Aggron, Flygon, the weather trio...

3. Kanto
This is partially because of nostalgia. There aren't as many Pokemon with cool designs as in the two above ones, but there are barely any I dislike.

4. Alola
Haven't played the games yet, but most of the new Pokemon look really awesome, like Decidueye, Incineroar, Kommo-o, Golisopod and Mudsdale.

5. Kalos
Not a lot of new Pokemon, but many of them had great designs, like Chesnaught, Greninja, Tyrantrum, Aegislash and Noivern. Although this gen also introduced two Pokemon whose designs are among my least favorites ever: Binacle and Aromatisse.

6. Unova
While it is my favorite Gen so far (Sun & Moon might change that), and I did like how all of the dex Pokemon were new, my opinion on their designs is kinda mixed. The likes of Krookodile, Chandelure, Galvantula, Braviary and Hydreigon are really awesome... but then there are some dull ones, like Alomomola and Musharna, and a couple of Pokemon, some awesome (Gigalith), some not (Klink line), look like they were based on Gen 1 Pokemon.

7. Johto
The gen with the lowest amount of designs I really like. Crobat, Feraligatr, Scizor and Houndoom are few examples of designs I like.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So because they are robots, it's alright to ship the "brothers" Zero and Bass? Cool. :troll:

Also, I'm rooting for Deku to have Froppy (Tsuyu) in the end.

1. Alola
2. Unova
3. Kanto
4. Hoenn
5. Sinnoh
6. Johto
7. Kalos

I dont think I can really go into explanation though.

I like nearly every pokemon form Alola and Unova barring a few like Bruxish or basculin

Same for Kanto but not as many super standouts to me.

I think I only like . . . like 3 pokemon from Kalos and Johto just doesn't have many standout pokemon to me.
:061:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Favorite Pokemon designs:
1-Unova
2-Literally everything else but Kanto
3-Kanto and real life animals
You must of missed where he was joking lol
You must've missed the part where I was joking too
Well, half-joking anyways

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Added Porygod-Z, Leafeon and Espeon to my competitive ready box. Once I get two Ice Stones, I'll add Alolan Ninetales and Alolan Sandshrew as well.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Depends on the item you want. But yes, I can alter IVs and EVs.
Cool. i'll message you later about what I want to get.
I feel like I need to give you something,but with your power it is not need. :laugh:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
There's a Fatal Frame movie?
Yes, and it wasn't that great.

Sure they had everything like the Camera Obscura and such, but the effects weren't that convincing and the story just lacked that "umph" the games had.

Even I'm not that confident on the upcoming Hollywood film that's probably not going to be much better (it's in development hell currently).

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Time for another Pokemon topic:

In other words, how would you rank each region in terms of the designs of all the new Pokemon introduced in that region?

Here's mine as an example (starting from top favorite and counting down)

1. Sinnoh
2. Hoenn
3. Alola and Kalos (tie)
4. Unova
5. Johto
6. Kanto

If you want to see some explanations:

Sinnoh is definitely my favorite region when it comes to all the new Pokemon introduced there. There are many cool Pokemon from there: namely Gallade, Garchomp, Roserade, Shaymin, Darkrai, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Porygon-Z, Buizel, the starters, the Lake Guardians, the Luxray line, Staraptor, Dusknoir, Abomasnow, Magenzone, Glaceon, Electivire, Lucario, Weavile, Cresselia, Rampardos, Drifloon, Cherrim, the list goes on and on. Many of my favorite Pokemon are from Sinnoh, and there are very few Pokemon I don't like from there.

Hoenn is a close second. Yet again, most of its new Pokemon look pretty awesome: memorable Pokemon include the starters, Salamence, Metagross, Absol, Milotic, Aggron, Skitty, all the legendaries, Roselia, Beautifly, Nuzleaf, Mawhile, Sableye, Ludicolo, Shiftry, Altaria, Zangoose, Manectric, Wailord, etc. Much like Sinnoh, almost all the new Pokemon stick out to me in a good way.

Both Alola and Kalos didn't have many new Pokemon compared to other regions, but I like how they want for "quality over quantity" when it came to both regions. All the new Pokemon in both regions don't stand out to me compared to Sinnoh and Hoenn, but I still enjoy most of their designs for the most part. In Alola, some of the Pokemon I really like design-wise include Lurantis, Lycannroc (Midday), Primarina, Decidueye, Toucannon's evolution line, Silvally, the legendaries, Ribombee, and many more. In Kalos, I really like Greninja, Tyrantrum, Sylveon, Aegislash, Braixen, the legendaries, Talonflame, Gogoat, Trevenant, Noivern, Barbaracle, etc.

Aside from Chandelure, Bisharp, Samurott, Serperior, the basic stages of the starters, Meloetta, Zebstrika, Gigalith, Excadrill, Scolipede, Krookodile, Hydreigon, Volcarona, Golurk, Haxorus, Reshiram, and a few others that I don't remember off the top of my head, Unova's Pokemon designs don't stand out to me compared to the other regions (I guess that's mainly because most of the region's Pokemon felt more like knockoffs of the Kanto Pokemon), but I still liked their overall Pokemon much more than Johto and Kanto's selection.

Meanwhile, the Johto and Kanto Pokemon don't stand out that much compared to other regional Pokedexes, at least in my opinion. In Johto, the only Pokemon that I really liked based on design were Donphan, Umbreon, Espeon, Skarmory, Scizor, Lugia, Ho-oh, Suicune, Noctowl, Chinchou, the Ursaring line, and the Ampharos line. In Kanto, its even less. The only Kanto Pokemon I really liked based on design were Gengar, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Ninetales, Onix, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Alakazam, Machamp, and that's pretty much it. Between Kanto and Johto, I like Johto's selection of Pokemon more.
From favorite to least favorite:

Sinnoh
Kalos
Johto
Hoenn
Alola
Kanto
Unova

:094:

D

Deleted member

Today I found out that Watch_Dogs 2 exists and has already been released
I'm confused and concerned

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Today I found out that Watch_Dogs 2 exists and has already been released
I'm confused and concerned
You live under a rock.

At least its actually good apparently.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm thinking of making an offensive Vaporeon for the Battle Tree. It could probably find some usage versus WiFi players, although I would probably use my Primarina instead. Here's what it looks like right now.

Vaporeon(Undyneon)Female@Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpA/4SpD
Modest Nature
Aqua Ring/Scald/Ice Beam/Shadow Ball

Its not too bad. 252 HP makes Vaporeon very bulky, and 110 Sp. Attack base means Vaporeon can actually hit pretty hard. Aqua Ring remedies the LO recoil. The three attacks Vaporeon uses here are its best coverage attacks. Scald is a personal choice because it has a chance to burn. Hydro Pump is too unreliable for Battle Tree, and missing it could jepordize the streak (one of the few times I'm actually paranoid about Accuracy).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Today must be a special day when SMT fans and Overwatch fans get to rage at the same time, isn't it?

It's an Atlus game. They always get awards, no matter how obscure their games are.
?

The overwhelming majority of Overwatch fans have been responding positively, from what I've seen.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Torb also has kids

RIP more ships.

As far as I know, the Persona 3 movies were pretty good. I still need to watch them though.
That's animated though.
In terms of Live Action, Video Game films have been mediocre at best.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
?

The overwhelming majority of Overwatch fans have been responding positively, from what I've seen.
Well, you are right. It's just a vocal minority that disagree with Tracer's sexuality compared to the majority that liked it.

But for how SMT fans feel about TMS on the other hand, that's a far different story.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Now you know how Santa feels.
He let me at scraps and there is a scrap that looks like its supposed to be a gingerbread man but looks like a ****ing ghost
Edit: Those were some good scraps
Oh boy, the SMT fanbase isn't going like this one bit.

Still, congrats on TMS getting an award this year. From Destruction nonetheless.

https://www.destructoid.com/destruc...5.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Aaaaaay this makes me happy

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You live under a rock.

At least its actually good apparently.
It's not my fault there has been about zero marketing for the game
Like, I didn't even see anyone ******** about it online

But yeah, my friend told me it's good apparently
Which is a good thing because WD was a game with a great premise done terribly

Status
Not open for further replies.