• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh man the final pisode of Yuri on Ice is tommorow and if Yuri and Victor split up and dont get married, I swear I will scream
If you believe that because of what Yuri says, just remember that he's as reliable as Xenoblade's friendly AI
Pelago my friend

Also conflicted about HGH. I want to play it blind but BSC is uploading a LP
HGH?
Oddly enough

Lurking around Twitter and Tumble showed a lot of people being being upset over the comic and it's not what you think.

Some people are pissed that Pharah was dating a guy.
I'm assuming she's Ana's daughter, who is constantly shipped with Mercy
If so, I kinda liked that ship, oh well, it's not like canon has ever stopped anyone

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If you believe that because of what Yuri says, just remember that he's as reliable as Xenoblade's friendly AI
yeah its because of the " Lets end this" But I think he is talking about the coaching. They wouldn't just break a canon couple off like that when they are engaged

They would make so many people pissed

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
And that's how you make a good gay character folks.

Make a good character.

And just make them gay, without it being intrusive or so much of the focus that it takes away from what was established already.

Good job Overwatch.
Didn't you know? Everyone in Overwatch is gay.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Congrads on Blizzard not making Tracer a big deal.

It's diversity and whatever, but having anything shoved in your face is obnoxious. She's just queer, and that's it.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Contrary to my avatar's reaction, I'm just like okay Tracer is gay, that's nice...
Don't know why it's such a big deal to others.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Contrary to my avatar's reaction, I'm just like okay Tracer is gay, that's nice...
Don't know why it's such a big deal to others.
Yeah people are overblowing it big time in certain circles.

It's nice but not that huge.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I suppose popular media justifies us in a way.

The thrill of vicarious victory/living is already so enticing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is something that transcends most fandoms.

The Yaoi and Yuri shippers that won't accept any other ship.
I don't know what you're talking about, I actually hang out with people who ship all the time, they usually don't care. At least in the facebook groups I'm in anyway.

Besides, it's not like any canon orientation/specific relationships really stop shippers from shipping anyway.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
A lot of the ships I've seen consist of:
Hanzo X McCree
Tracer X Widowmaker
Pharah X Mercy
D.VA X Mercy
Sombra X Widowmaker

TL;DR: Everyone in Overwatch is gay af apparently and Hanzo X McCree makes no sense.
The worst ship is Hanzo x Genji.

Yes that's a thing.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
They're only mad because their Pharah x Mercy ship fantasies will never be fulfilled in canon
I don't give damn about Overwatch but I'm happy my Mercy x McCree ship is still livin. Although Junkrat x Mei is looking a lot worst

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I suppose popular media justifies us in a way.

The thrill of vicarious victory/living is already so enticing.
I'm partially proud, embarrassed and ashamed of being a NaruHina supported but damn it, it's the best thing to happen to that series and it's the only time where best girl ACTUALLY wins.

Unlike most anime/manga

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I don't know much about Overships (Yes I'm calling it that) but Junkrat x Mei sounds weird to me. Those two don't seem to get along well. This is just from what I've seen from those two characters.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't know what you're talking about, I actually hang out with people who ship all the time, they usually don't care. At least in the facebook groups I'm in anyway.

Besides, it's not like any canon orientation/specific relationships really stop shippers from shipping anyway.
You must meet nice people.

I've met a lot of shippers who...

Were not that nice...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
To those saying it's not a big deal. Need I point you to the people trying to deny that Tracer is a lesbian? Be it because muh waifu or actual homophobia, considering that a group of babies are going "Bububut what if she's just her roommate and it's a British thing for girls to kiss at Christmas?"

Ivander

Smash Legend
To those saying it's not a big deal. Need I point you to the people trying to deny that Tracer is a lesbian? Be it because muh waifu or actual homophobia, considering that a group of babies are going "Bububut what if she's just her roommate and it's a British thing for girls to kiss at Christmas?"
She's at least confirmed to date girls, meaning she can either be lesbian or bisexual. There was nothing stating she was or wasn't Bi.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Im sorry but calm down please

No one is denying it here, its just To them its not a huge huge deal Its alright but nothing humongous

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And anyone that ships incest couples have **** taste. Don't think I can take someone who ships Mega Man x Roll or Ryuko x Satsuki serious.

I'm partially proud, embarrassed and ashamed of being a NaruHina supported but damn it, it's the best thing to happen to that series and it's the only time where best girl ACTUALLY wins.

Unlike most anime/manga
NaruHina and Ichihime FTW

Now watch Deku wind up with Ochako when he becomes a professional hero.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Because the GOTY has an LGBT mascot. Because Tracer is now the most iconic LGBT character in gaming
I've been trying to think whether there were any other mainstream games whose star/mascot is LGBT but I couldn't think of any off the top of my head (minus player-selected situations like Commander Shepard).

But funny enough, I think this does actually make Tracer the first/most well known mainstream case. Huh.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Time for another Pokemon topic:

Where would you rank the main series regions in terms of their Pokemon designs?

In other words, how would you rank each region in terms of the designs of all the new Pokemon introduced in that region?

Here's mine as an example (starting from top favorite and counting down)

1. Sinnoh
2. Hoenn
3. Alola and Kalos (tie)
4. Unova
5. Johto
6. Kanto

If you want to see some explanations:

Sinnoh is definitely my favorite region when it comes to all the new Pokemon introduced there. There are many cool Pokemon from there: namely Gallade, Garchomp, Roserade, Shaymin, Darkrai, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Porygon-Z, Buizel, the starters, the Lake Guardians, the Luxray line, Staraptor, Dusknoir, Abomasnow, Magenzone, Glaceon, Electivire, Lucario, Weavile, Cresselia, Rampardos, Drifloon, Cherrim, the list goes on and on. Many of my favorite Pokemon are from Sinnoh, and there are very few Pokemon I don't like from there.

Hoenn is a close second. Yet again, most of its new Pokemon look pretty awesome: memorable Pokemon include the starters, Salamence, Metagross, Absol, Milotic, Aggron, Skitty, all the legendaries, Roselia, Beautifly, Nuzleaf, Mawhile, Sableye, Ludicolo, Shiftry, Altaria, Zangoose, Manectric, Wailord, etc. Much like Sinnoh, almost all the new Pokemon stick out to me in a good way.

Both Alola and Kalos didn't have many new Pokemon compared to other regions, but I like how they want for "quality over quantity" when it came to both regions. All the new Pokemon in both regions don't stand out to me compared to Sinnoh and Hoenn, but I still enjoy most of their designs for the most part. In Alola, some of the Pokemon I really like design-wise include Lurantis, Lycannroc (Midday), Primarina, Decidueye, Toucannon's evolution line, Silvally, the legendaries, Ribombee, and many more. In Kalos, I really like Greninja, Tyrantrum, Sylveon, Aegislash, Braixen, the legendaries, Talonflame, Gogoat, Trevenant, Noivern, Barbaracle, etc.

Aside from Chandelure, Bisharp, Samurott, Serperior, the basic stages of the starters, Meloetta, Zebstrika, Gigalith, Excadrill, Scolipede, Krookodile, Hydreigon, Volcarona, Golurk, Haxorus, Reshiram, and a few others that I don't remember off the top of my head, Unova's Pokemon designs don't stand out to me compared to the other regions (I guess that's mainly because most of the region's Pokemon felt more like knockoffs of the Kanto Pokemon), but I still liked their overall Pokemon much more than Johto and Kanto's selection.

Meanwhile, the Johto and Kanto Pokemon don't stand out that much compared to other regional Pokedexes, at least in my opinion. In Johto, the only Pokemon that I really liked based on design were Donphan, Umbreon, Espeon, Skarmory, Scizor, Lugia, Ho-oh, Suicune, Noctowl, Chinchou, the Ursaring line, and the Ampharos line. In Kanto, its even less. The only Kanto Pokemon I really liked based on design were Gengar, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Ninetales, Onix, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Alakazam, Machamp, and that's pretty much it. Between Kanto and Johto, I like Johto's selection of Pokemon more.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
(The hope)

I have a reason for holding reserves on spray art.
So you're saying D.Va doesn't munch Doritos and Mountain Dew?
She's at least confirmed to date girls, meaning she can either be lesbian or bisexual. There was nothing stating she was or wasn't Bi.
But the fact people are trying to desperate debunk Tracer's sexuality because it means she isn't straight should really say enough

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
And anyone that ships incest couples have **** taste. Don't think I can take someone who ships Mega Man x Roll or Ryuko x Satsuki serious.

NaruHina and Ichihime FTW

Now watch Deku wind up with Ochako when he becomes a professional hero.
If Deku does get with Ochako, he won't just be Detroit Smashing the villains.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Im sorry but calm down please

No one is denying it here, its just To them its not a huge huge deal Its alright but nothing humongous
I know. I literally just said this to a friend, but the people who don't think it's a big deal simply don't realize why it's considered a big deal methinks, and there's actual homophobes in denial out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom