• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Parappa the Rapper is getting an anime.
:| ...I don't know much about this...rapper dog, but, it was weird enough seeing him in the PlayStation Smash rip-off, and Peanut Butter Gamer showing that his game is rather strange...so...this really surprises me.

:/ Ya no saben que hacer.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
:| ...I don't know much about this...rapper dog, but, it was weird enough seeing him in the PlayStation Smash rip-off, and Peanut Butter Gamer showing that his game is rather strange...so...this really surprises me.

:/ Ya no saben que hacer.
Honestly it's not too surprising they went with this. After all, Parappa The Rapper as a whole is considered a beloved franchise of the Playstation. I could argue it has as much popularity as something like Uncharted or Spyro.

And hell, this isn't even the first Parappa Anime.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
hello guys just wanted to ask what nickname you'd give to a latios I cant think of anything.
I don't normally name legendaries in Pokemon, but I think Indigo and Scarlet would be decent names for the Eon duo...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I voted A Link Between Worlds, but I'll list my top five with the other four being in no particular order.

A Link Between Worlds
A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
The Wind Waker

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
http://www.strawpoll.me/10973640

New Straw Poll. This time it's Zelda-themed.
So far I never disliked any Zelda game...
But as of now Twilight Princess is hands down my favourite, as it is probably my second favourite game period...Just something about it just sets it apart from other Zelda games (besides characters and story I mean)

Although Breath of the Wild may give it a run for it's money......we shall see...

----

midna4life though...

...and 4 smash :p

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
My Top 5

Ocarina of Time
Wind Waker
Majora's Mask
A Link to the Past
Twilight Princess

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Top 5 Zelda:

Hard to choose. I love all the Zelda games I've played. (Wind Waker, Link's Awakening, GBA A Link to the Past, etc.)

Majora's Mask
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
Ocarina of Time
Twilight Princess

----

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Might as well list my Top 5 Zelda games...

5-Majora's Mask
4-A Link Between Worlds
3-Ocarina of Time
2-Wind Waker
1-Twilight Princess

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
In no particular order...

Top 5 Zeldas

Skyward Sword
Wind Waker
Minish Cap
Majora's Mask
Twighlight Princess

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Majora's Mask/ OoT
Link's Awakening
Zelda 2
Season/ Ages
A Link to the Past

Maybe that 3DS game instead of Zelda 2. IDK, it was good but I don't really REALLY love it

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Alolan Marowak is going to die (again) if it keeps doing that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I bet the reason they gave him freakishly long arms was just because the animation for the fire twirling

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Just watched part 1 of the Kalos League finals featuring Ash vs Alain.

What a fantastic fight thus far! Fast-paced, good strategies, and pretty entertaining to watch. This is another episode I definitely recommend giving a watch. I'm going to leave my thoughts in the spoilers tag below.

Pikachu vs Tyranitar was a good start. Pikachu's agility was definitely key here in winning against Johto's pseudo-legendary, even with the Sand Stream taking effect. Ash withdrew Pikachu and summoned Noivern, while Alain sent out Weavile. After some first fighting, there came a moment where Noivern knocked Weavile into the mountains. Weavile then used Double Team, and Ash ordered Noivern to use Supersonic to find the real one. After finding the right Weavile, Noivern tried to attack, but Weavile dodged it. Alain then ordered Weavile to use Ice Beam, and it ended up hitting Noivern in the wings to slow it down. This allows Weavile to easily attack with Night Slash and finish it off. Noivern might've not had a victory here, but at least it had a victory last round.

Hawlucha immediately jumps out of its Pokeball, concerned about Noivern's state. Ash returns Noivern to its Pokeball and decides that Hawlucha should go up next. After some Karate Chops from the luchador hawk with Weavile's quick dodging, Hawlucha and Weavile end up on the river, and Weavile freezes it. This seems to be disadvantageous for Hawlucha because it isn't an Ice-type and thus can't handle the ice properly, but it starts jumping one foot after another. Weavile hits it with Ice Beam, but Hawlucha barely takes any damage. Hawlucnha's body starts to glow red.

This allows Hawlucha "to become stronger the more it is hit" according to Ash. This strategy proves useful, as it allows Hawlucha to move gracefully through the ice while taking minimal damage from Weavile's Night Slash attack. There came a point where Hawlucha manages to grab Weavile in a wrestler fashion, then followed up with a Flying Press to KO Weavile. This moment really made up for Hawlucha's early KO in the last round. Overall, this was definitely my favorite part of the battle.

Alain summons Bisharp, and it uses Thunder Wave on Hawlucha. Hawlucha then goes for the Karate Chop, while Alain orders Bisharp to use Guillotine. Both attacks collide, causing both Pokemon to receive some damage. Ash orders Hawlucha to use Hi Jump Kick, but Bisharp dodges it, causing Hawlucha to crash to the ground and receive some damage for missing. Bisharp then goes for another Guillotine. Hawlucha tries to dodge it, but it fails to do so due to the paralysis; thus, the Guillotine lands and one hit KOs Hawlucha.

Alain withdraws Bisharp and summons Unfezant, while Ash summons Talonflame. That follows is an all-out aerial battle where the two Pokemon fly next to each other and try to land Flame Charge and Sky Attacks on each other, with some Air Slashes from Unfezant here and there. If I could describe this phase of the battle, it would be like watching a military jet show. That's how exciting this part was. It ultimately ends with a draw after Talonflame and Unfezant collide with a Flame Charge and Sky Attack respectively.

Ash brings back Pikachu, while Alain summons his Metagross. Metagross has the upper hand at first, overwhelming Pikachu with its fast speed and ultimately cornering it using Rock Slide. Once Pikachu escapes, Pikachu manages to latch onto Metagross's head so that it can't be seen. Alain orders Metagross to shrug it off, but it is now use as Pikachu lands a Thunderbolt attack. There was also a point where Pikachu even stopped Metagross's attack using Electro Ball in order to stun it. Pikachu ultimately KOd Metagross with an Iron Tail once it was weakened.

Alain then summons Charizard. Pikachu lands a Quick Attack and a Thunderbolt on it, and the episode ends.

Alain only has Charizard and Bisharp left, while Ash still has his Pikachu, Goodra, and Greninja in his arsenal. Who will prevail?

This episode did leave something to worry about though...

Halfway through the episode, we see Mairin and Lysandre watching the battle. Lysandre then says these words to some sort of device on his ear.

"Execute the plan. All of Kalos... no, the world should be watching this right now."

The second sentence was paraphrased, but that was the main idea.

Oh my! Looks like the possibility flags for Team Flare interrupting the League have been raised even higher than before.

In terms of animation, it was pretty good. The last two Kalos League matches are set up in a way where the part 1 has great animation, but then part 2 blows it right out of the water. It was like that with Sawyer's battle, and it seems like Alain's battle is going to take it one giant step further for its part 2. Don't believe me? Check out the preview for next week's episode.

I'm hoping Goodra gets another awesome moment during the battle. I'm hoping it will take out the Bisharp.

D

Deleted member

>Parappa the Rapper Anime
>Still no The Nutshack Anime

I refuse to accept this and I don't see how this is logically possible.

But Crobat still has a shot.
Hopefully he'll get one. He is my favorite Gen 2 Pokemon.

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/new-mechanics-and-details-for-sun-moon.134451/

A rumor to potentially consider

and the Evil team takes over the Attack on Titan Town:
"Wimpod evolves into a chimera of Scolipede and Kabutops"

Wimpod will so be on my team if this is true.

And the thing about Rockruff and the starters makes sense, imo.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We're doing Top 5 Zeldas?

• :zeldamelee:
  • :zelda:
  • :4zelda:
  • :secretkpop:
  • @BJN39's Secretkpop Zelda. (mind posting the image?)

Okay, but seriously.
  • Majora's Mask
  • Wind Waker
  • Ocarina of Time
  • Minish Cap
  • Twilight Princess
No particular order.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Top 5 Zelda games? Sure.

Majora's Mask
Skyward Sword
A Link Between Worlds
Link's Awakening
Ocarina of Time

Yeah, Skyward Sword is second. I like it. I'm sorry.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Just seen the intro and I've got to say it's truly something.

What the hell was that show's name again? :troll:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just watched part 1 of the Kalos League finals featuring Ash vs Alain.

What a fantastic fight thus far! Fast-paced, good strategies, and pretty entertaining to watch. This is another episode I definitely recommend giving a watch. I'm going to leave my thoughts in the spoilers tag below.

Pikachu vs Tyranitar was a good start. Pikachu's agility was definitely key here in winning against Johto's pseudo-legendary, even with the Sand Stream taking effect. Ash withdrew Pikachu and summoned Noivern, while Alain sent out Weavile. After some first fighting, there came a moment where Noivern knocked Weavile into the mountains. Weavile then used Double Team, and Ash ordered Noivern to use Supersonic to find the real one. After finding the right Weavile, Noivern tried to attack, but Weavile dodged it. Alain then ordered Weavile to use Ice Beam, and it ended up hitting Noivern in the wings to slow it down. This allows Weavile to easily attack with Night Slash and finish it off. Noivern might've not had a victory here, but at least it had a victory last round.

Hawlucha immediately jumps out of its Pokeball, concerned about Noivern's state. Ash returns Noivern to its Pokeball and decides that Hawlucha should go up next. After some Karate Chops from the luchador hawk with Weavile's quick dodging, Hawlucha and Weavile end up on the river, and Weavile freezes it. This seems to be disadvantageous for Hawlucha because it isn't an Ice-type and thus can't handle the ice properly, but it starts jumping one foot after another. Weavile hits it with Ice Beam, but Hawlucha barely takes any damage. Hawlucnha's body starts to glow red.

This allows Hawlucha "to become stronger the more it is hit" according to Ash. This strategy proves useful, as it allows Hawlucha to move gracefully through the ice while taking minimal damage from Weavile's Night Slash attack. There came a point where Hawlucha manages to grab Weavile in a wrestler fashion, then followed up with a Flying Press to KO Weavile. This moment really made up for Hawlucha's early KO in the last round. Overall, this was definitely my favorite part of the battle.

Alain summons Bisharp, and it uses Thunder Wave on Hawlucha. Hawlucha then goes for the Karate Chop, while Alain orders Bisharp to use Guillotine. Both attacks collide, causing both Pokemon to receive some damage. Ash orders Hawlucha to use Hi Jump Kick, but Bisharp dodges it, causing Hawlucha to crash to the ground and receive some damage for missing. Bisharp then goes for another Guillotine. Hawlucha tries to dodge it, but it fails to do so due to the paralysis; thus, the Guillotine lands and one hit KOs Hawlucha.

Alain withdraws Bisharp and summons Unfezant, while Ash summons Talonflame. That follows is an all-out aerial battle where the two Pokemon fly next to each other and try to land Flame Charge and Sky Attacks on each other, with some Air Slashes from Unfezant here and there. If I could describe this phase of the battle, it would be like watching a military jet show. That's how exciting this part was. It ultimately ends with a draw after Talonflame and Unfezant collide with a Flame Charge and Sky Attack respectively.

Ash brings back Pikachu, while Alain summons his Metagross. Metagross has the upper hand at first, overwhelming Pikachu with its fast speed and ultimately cornering it using Rock Slide. Once Pikachu escapes, Pikachu manages to latch onto Metagross's head so that it can't be seen. Alain orders Metagross to shrug it off, but it is now use as Pikachu lands a Thunderbolt attack. There was also a point where Pikachu even stopped Metagross's attack using Electro Ball in order to stun it. Pikachu ultimately KOd Metagross with an Iron Tail once it was weakened.

Alain then summons Charizard. Pikachu lands a Quick Attack and a Thunderbolt on it, and the episode ends.

Alain only has Charizard and Bisharp left, while Ash still has his Pikachu, Goodra, and Greninja in his arsenal. Who will prevail?

This episode did leave something to worry about though...

Halfway through the episode, we see Mairin and Lysandre watching the battle. Lysandre then says these words to some sort of device on his ear.

"Execute the plan. All of Kalos... no, the world should be watching this right now."

The second sentence was paraphrased, but that was the main idea.

Oh my! Looks like the possibility flags for Team Flare interrupting the League have been raised even higher than before.

In terms of animation, it was pretty good. The last two Kalos League matches are set up in a way where the part 1 has great animation, but then part 2 blows it right out of the water. It was like that with Sawyer's battle, and it seems like Alain's battle is going to take it one giant step further for its part 2. Don't believe me? Check out the preview for next week's episode.

I'm hoping Goodra gets another awesome moment during the battle. I'm hoping it will take out the Bisharp.
This made me watch the episode.

When did the anime become this awesome?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom