• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Violent Ken from SVC Chaos just became canon, http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-130246.html

IIRC there were multiple hairstyles available in XY, so I think it will be the same this time around. Possibly, more hairstyles will be available in this game, who knows.

And yes, no hats is a great option.
I know, but the hairstyles themselves were really underwhelming, the male options anyway.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The most expensive piece of Sonic merchandise ever created.

Costs $5,000 before tax, postage, etc.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I know, but the hairstyles themselves were really underwhelming, the male options anyway.
Yeah, the male trainer had less options than the female trainer for some reason. :ohwell:

Hopefully, there's more variety this time around. Not just hair, but other kinds of customization. I mean, a lot of games do that to a very detailed degrees.

Unless it's for the Male Trainer, in which that case is gonna become a Meme like Shirtless Link/Swimsuit Shulk.

I can imagine it already, standing in front of the League Champion while im shirtless at my own will.
You know how it goes: Shirtless guys? No problem! Girls in bikini? How perverse! :p

This said, I do think that swimsuits would make a lot of sense as clothing options this time around. The region is based in Hawaii, after all.

Whether they're a thing or not, I don't care much, but there's always meme potential in them. lol (And how much swimsuit spam would there be online?)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I wouldn't expect diverse customisation/options in a Pokémon game.

Nintendo games of late always lack options in some area or another.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I can live without a new Eeveelution this generation. For me, the most exciting part of the new Sun and Moon trailer was our first glimpse at the "new move" mechanic that many have been speculating for quite some time (looks like the trainers are doing some sort of Power Ranger dance lol). I have a feeling this is how we'll get Ash-Greninja in the games (assuming they decide to not make the form anime exclusive).

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I wouldn't expect diverse customisation/options in a Pokémon game.

Nintendo games of late always lack options in some area or another.
And yet ironically the one custom option I keep wishing for in every other game happened in a fairly recent Nintendo game.

I mean granted it wasn't quite as good as the idea I had in my head and it certainly wasn't in a Pokemon game, but I will always give Xenoblade Chronicles X credit for actually allowing me to make my hair with one color for the roots and another for the tips, complete with any colors I wanted to use.

Every other Nintendo game may be lacking in custom options, but for all it's lack of story and censorship debates I have to give XCX credit for the options it offered in the customization department.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
And yet ironically the one custom option I keep wishing for in every other game happened in a fairly recent Nintendo game.

I mean granted it wasn't quite as good as the idea I had in my head and it certainly wasn't in a Pokemon game, but I will always give Xenoblade Chronicles X credit for actually allowing me to make my hair with one color for the roots and another for the tips, complete with any colors I wanted to use.

Every other Nintendo game may be lacking in custom options, but for all it's lack of story and censorship debates I have to give XCX credit for the options it offered in the customization department.
I wasn't talking customisation of characters specifically.

I mean options in general.

Star Fox: Zero - lacks control options, lacks an online play option, and even lacks an offline VS mode. Even lacks leaderboards which is baffling since they put so much focus on how the game is about your score like some arcade game, yet you have no real way to compare your scores with other players.

Mario Kart 8 - lacks actual arena options for Battle Mode, lacks an invite friends option

Smash Wii U - Online options are lacking unless you play with friends. Online is bad to the point you may as well not play it, though, so while online play is an option, it's not very serviceable. And it lacks options in Stage Builder that Brawl had. And it lacks compelling single-player options, being filled out with pointless fluff like Smashy Birds instead.

Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash - Lacks court options, lacks in compelling and even basic single-player options, and even lacking in basic online options.

Pokkén Tournament - Lacks literally everything except the online mode. Single-player is literally just fighting random CPUs for the heck of it, and local multiplayer requires having your frame-rate cut in half and someone being forced on the GamePad, or your friends having a Wii U and a copy of the game of their own to haul over to your house.

Just a few examples off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
They've announced Sponsored Pokespots to come in the future. I wonder if that means anyone can pay to have their business become a Pokespot or if it's just companies with over 500,000 franchises and earnings higher than Belgum's GDP.

I genuinely cant think of a cosmetic option in gaming I love more than Fashion Gear.

Other than the fact that changing your character requires 2 obscure sude quests, XCX's customization was on point.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I genuinely cant think of a cosmetic option in gaming I love more than Fashion Gear.

Other than the fact that changing your character requires 2 obscure sude quests, XCX's customization was on point.
Xenoblade Chronicles X...the only game where you can make your heavy armour look like a bikini....

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Literally the only thing I really want out of Sun and Moon right now is the ponytail hairstyle that X and Y had, oh and the ability to make it purple, oh and for mermaid popplio to be real.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Xenoblade Chronicles X...the only game where you can make your heavy armour look like a bikini....
Well half of the heavy armors seemed like they were halfway to being bikinis anyway.

I wasn't particularly fond of how revealing a lot of the clothes were, but I did appreciate the fact that Fashion Gear let me use any armor I wanted WITHOUT being revealing. It's why I see the feature as an improvement over the original Xenoblade Chronicles, where I'd pick up an armor for Sharla and try it on for the stats only to realize she was showing a lot more skin than I could have expected or wanted.

I slipped my XCX character into stuff like a T-shirt and jeans or a tux. It's nice to be able to be fashion forward without sacrificing utility.

. . .Splatoon should have vanity clothing too, TBH. Sometimes I think about that game and just wish I could dress my character however I wanted without messing up the amount and type of stat boosts I get.

D

Deleted member

I don't think anyone talked about the new DiU opening here so...
I really like the animation, though the music itself has not been received so well
Personally, I like it, it does what an OP is supposed to do, hype you up for the anime

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I really like the animation, though the music itself has not been received so well
Personally, I like it, it does what an OP is supposed to do, hype you up for the anime
The animation is fantastic and is full with thousand of delightful foreshadowings. The music isn't the best, but after listenning it a couple times, it started to grow on me.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well half of the heavy armors seemed like they were halfway to being bikinis anyway.

I wasn't particularly fond of how revealing a lot of the clothes were, but I did appreciate the fact that Fashion Gear let me use any armor I wanted WITHOUT being revealing. It's why I see the feature as an improvement over the original Xenoblade Chronicles, where I'd pick up an armor for Sharla and try it on for the stats only to realize she was showing a lot more skin than I could have expected or wanted.

I slipped my XCX character into stuff like a T-shirt and jeans or a tux. It's nice to be able to be fashion forward without sacrificing utility.

. . .Splatoon should have vanity clothing too, TBH. Sometimes I think about that game and just wish I could dress my character however I wanted without messing up the amount and type of stat boosts I get.
For a good while when playing the game I picked my character's clothing based on it's design rather than stats...I didn't want to wear any bulky heavy armour but didn't want to give her anything unnecessarily skimpy...I was quite pleasantly surprised when I figured out what the fashion gear option was for, so now I can wear anything and still be a tank...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Saw this mentioned on Twitter several times.
A Chao game in the style of Pokémon Go.
SEGA would make all the moneys.

D

Deleted member

The animation is fantastic and is full with thousand of delightful foreshadowings. The music isn't the best, but after listenning it a couple times, it started to grow on me.
I like the music more than Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town or Bloody Stream if im honest.

Chrono.

Is this some kind of alt costume or something?
No. Capcom has been posting profiles and official art for almost every SF character in existence (within the realms of what they consider canon).

These included mainstays like Akuma, recurring characters like Elena and even incredibly minor characters like the two dudes who fight each other in the SFII intro.
I like the song a lot. Though I typically like this kind of music.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
No. Capcom has been posting profiles and official art for almost every SF character in existence (within the realms of what they consider canon).

These included mainstays like Akuma, recurring characters like Elena and even incredibly minor characters like the two dudes who fight each other in the SFII intro.
Huh. Interesting.

@ the bolded: Weren't those two thought to be characters from SFI, did that get confirmed?

edit: wtf, that was weird. >_>

Last edited:

Chrono.

Huh. Interesting.

@ the bolded: Weren't those two thought to be characters from SFI, did that get confirmed?

edit: wtf, that was weird. >_>
Nope, turns out they're two completely different characters.

Though them being two characters from SF1 was always just a headcanon people just kinda accepted.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Though they do acknowledge the idea that the intro was originally for Final Fight by saying the white guy is often mistaken for Cody.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just realised I took this picture last night.

>tfw you are trying to perform an exorcism, but these lads are just standing around cheering as if it's a drunken street brawl.

IMAG0394.jpg

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
R.I.P. Premium account

Now I have to deal with a month of being a norm.

EDIT: And it's back. Thanks @Azure Warrior :love:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mob Psycho 100 didn't start as strong as I thought it would but I'm sure it will pick up with more episodes, this is ONE after all, and the first episode does seem promising
And oh boy, Arslan Senki S2, nothing much to say about it since, well, it's Arslan Senki season 2. The first season was great and I have no doubts this will be too
I'l probably try to watch more stuff from this season though, bit I'll wait for this weekend when my winter vacations start

And speaking of anime
EO has gone full anime
Those two are literally Generic Shonen Male Protagonist and Generic Shonen Female Love Interest
But anything with a cute skirt is okay in my book so she's cool

I really need the Shisho and MEDIKO'S ENTERTAINMENT portraits though(the two on the right)

Mob Psycho 100 didn't start as strong as I thought it would but I'm sure it will pick up with more episodes, this is ONE after all, and the first episode does seem promising
And oh boy, Arslan Senki S2, nothing much to say about it since, well, it's Arslan Senki season 2. The first season was great and I have no doubts this will be too
I'l probably try to watch more stuff from this season though, bit I'll wait for this weekend when my winter vacations start

And speaking of anime
EO has gone full anime
Those two are literally Generic Shonen Male Protagonist and Generic Shonen Female Love Interest
But anything with a cute skirt is okay in my book so she's cool

I really need the Shisho and MEDIKO'S ENTERTAINMENT portraits though(the two on the right)
>Fiery blue sword

Is this Blue Exorcist?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Went to a retro game store and picked up a couple Rareware Game Boy games: Perfect Dark (to go with Rare Replay's 2 Perfect Dark games) and Killer Instinct (I love the KI series to try this out).

So anything new?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

That pricing is just robbery in broad daylight considering it'll be a complete fighting game with the two classic games, the soundtrack and a bunch of cool little extras.
Probably no Season 4 though, could be different packs for stages and characters going down the road instead which is still alright.

Tusk's theme so gud

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

That pricing is just robbery in broad daylight considering it'll be a complete fighting game with the two classic games, the soundtrack and a bunch of cool little extras.
Probably no Season 4 though, could be different packs for stages and characters going down the road instead which is still alright.

Tusk's theme so gud
I remember this Definitive Edition being rumored a month or two ago. But I already bought the 3 seasons so I have no need for it.

And speaking of KI, played some of that Game Boy KI to test if it was working. Kind of funny to see that game on a tiny screen.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Google said there is talk of having Pokemon Go compatible with their Phone VR. Which mean we may have grown adults running around with Cardboard boxes on their heads pretending to be on a Pokemon adventure. It's like childhood, dumb parts and all, is back in fashion.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Decided to see the list of medals obtainable in Pokémon GO. Pretty much all of them are named after core game trainer classes and the name of the trainer class relates to the mission in question.

What made me laugh was for Youngster: It's about the number of Ratatta you captured at a certain weight.

They know. They ****ING know! :rotfl:

Last edited:
Which mean we may have grown adults running around with Cardboard boxes on their heads pretending to be on a Pokemon adventure.
It's all fun and games until someone runs straight off a cliff with their last words being "GET THE **** OVER HERE KANGASKAAAAAAAAhhhhhh
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn"

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If people ever ask me why I am dissatisfied with the current direction of writing in Sonic games, I just show them this from now on.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom