• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If people ever ask me why I am dissatisfied with the current direction of writing in Sonic games, I just show them this from now on.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Does Sega think snakes photosynthesise or something?

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
If people ever ask me why I am dissatisfied with the current direction of writing in Sonic games, I just show them this from now on.

Really? Nothing about that seems really bad.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Good idea.But atm niantic is eyeing a Game of Thrones game. =D
From Pokémon to Game of Thrones.
What a jump in tone.

Shattered Crystal has some of the worst writing in the series. Thankfully the bits and pieces we've seen from Fire and Ice's writing, it's much better.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
This made me chuckle.

It's clever.

Edit:
I decided I'll get Generations in next Steam sale.

It's a Sonic game. That ACTUALLY looks good to me. Tho I don't like look of Classic Sonic.

Maybe All Stars Racing as well but kinda waiting for the 3rd game for NX :p

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This made me chuckle.

It's clever.

Edit:
I decided I'll get Generations in next Steam sale.

It's a Sonic game. That ACTUALLY looks good to me. Tho I don't like look of Classic Sonic.

Maybe All Stars Racing as well but kinda waiting for the 3rd game for NX :p
There's literally a "Sonic Franchise" bundle that often goes for €15 in Steam Sales and what not (heck, there was a Humble Bundle of it just recently), which includes every Steam Sonic game plus DLC where applicable.

I'd say go for that instead. You're getting Generations and All-Stars Racing (both games) for a cheaper price than buying them separately even through a sale, plus their DLC, and you get every other Steam Sonic game which you can always try out if you like Generations or are just curious.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
There's literally a "Sonic Franchise" bundle that often goes for €15 in Steam Sales and what not (heck, there was a Humble Bundle of it just recently), which includes every Steam Sonic game plus DLC where applicable.

I'd say go for that instead. You're getting Generations and All-Stars Racing (both games) for a cheaper price than buying them separately even through a sale, plus their DLC, and you get every other Steam Sonic game which you can always try out if you like Generations or are just curious.
Well, I don't want any of the other games so idk..

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, I don't want any of the other games so idk..
Yeah but buying them separately is actually more expensive and you won't get the DLC for those games either.

You pretty much have nothing to lose, you get the specific games you want, plus their DLC, plus a bunch of games you may not want to play right now, but might be curious about later. Especially if Generations is the one you want. People often play Generations and then find themselves wanting to play the game their favourite Generations level came from.

Usually, that level is City Escape.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Was out and about today and played some Go.

Started with pikachu,caught things like spearow, caterpie, etc. So a pidegeot caught it, but the game froze and I lost it. Went to a pokespot near me and found an egg. Wonder what it will be. It's pretty fun and you learn a lot about the places you go to wich is neat.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here's a 15 minute video on an extremely basic, easy thing to do, Smash competitive community.

Now git gud.

Just don't be surprised if most of these have easy counter play.

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
Here's a 15 minute video on an extremely basic, easy thing to do, Smash competitive community.

Now git gud.

Just don't be surprised if most of these have easy counter play.
Now even MORE people(like me) won't have to complain anymore about that stupid star pillow! :yeahboi:
Woooo_zps3ee26801.gif

Last edited:
EVO is now dead to me </3

Hey so you guys know about that "30 character roster" thing from a while back?

Why the hell has no one done a stage version!

I propose 16

Why 16? 15 is half of 30 but 16 is a more clean number :p
(You can do 8 if you don't feel like sticking to 16 or if you like a challenge)

And because i'm not so secretly evil, choose 2, and only 2, songs for each stage. If a series can't get a stage music will be the only way to get them any kind of musical representation so try not to leave out any awesome themes ;)

If you want to pretend their is a "toggle hazards" button go ahead.
Not going to bother denoting which stages are and aren't remixes. Just let your heart decide
Peach's castle

A super iconic loaction in gaming thanks to Mario 64. Speaks for itself

Songs:
Super Mario Bros 1-1 theme - A super iconic theme.

Bob-omb Battlefield theme - Probably the most iconic song from 64.

Kokiri Forest

Again, speaks for itself

Saria's Song- GOAT song has to be in the game

Hyrule Field Theme- It was either cut this or Kokiri forest theme. I let Saria's Song do the heavylifting here

I'm so sorry Song of Storms
Norfair or Phendarana Drifts. . .hmmm *flips a coin*
Would actually have ground instead of 100% floating platforms.

Lower Norfair- Works wayyyyy better for smash

Big Boss Confrontation (AKA RIdley's theme)- ENGAGE RIDLEY MOHTER****ER
Saffron City

Gen 1 area. Probably has the most stage potential of anywhere in Kanto. Only other area I can think of would be the southern Islands or Victory Road but nah

Please turn hazards off k thnx

Gen 1 Gym Battle Theme -See below

Gen 1 VS Champion- When you only have 16 stages, you only have room for the best. And for most people that is Gen 1
Fountain of Dreams

This is an iconic and important Kirby area right? right.

Fountain of Dreams Theme- Is using a melee song cheating? Probably. Is this song godlike? Hell yeah it is.

Meta Knight's Revenge-Halberd may have missed out but the song didn't
Area 6

Has Venom in it.
Area 6-Need more 6s.
Star Wolf Theme- :wolf:
:smashville:
Smashville

Animal Crossing Needs a stage and smashville is the ultimate legal stage so. . .

PICK YOUR OWN 2 DAMN SONGS AND MAKE AT LEAST ONE OF THEM KK SLIDER I'VE ALREADY SPENT TOO MUCH TIME TO RESEARCH A SERIES I DON'T CARE FOR WITH MUSIC I REALLY REALLY DON'T LIKE

:battlefieldb:
Battlefield

It was this or FD
I picked one

One of the Battlefield themes
or a new one since they are based on the main theme anyway- Im partial to Melee personally (the middle one)

Metal Mario Battle theme or whatever it is actually called - Underrated smash song
:castlesiege:
Literally anything from Fire Emblem

Together We Ride (Remixed to include the Fire EMblem Main theme like it does in Melee)- Literally the reason I made up this stuff. This song is REQUIRED for smash.

At the Final Dragon (FE6) - It was tought between this or Attack or In the Name of Bern. Picked it because it is slightly more epic and has slightly more plot relevance (Dragons!)

One song for each Melee Emblem dude (FE6 doesn't have together we ride and instead has a [relatively] terrible recruit theme)

Jungle Hijinx
Has DK's treehouse ever appeared in smash? Because it ****ing should have

Jungle Hijinx Theme- Duh

Bramble Blast- I really wanted a Returns song but Bramble Blast is too fantastic
Duck Hunt

Needed a Retro stage

Duck Hunt is the best Retro thing in smash

No brainer
(Donkey Kong makes more sense for iconic sense but doesn't work as well because it is a vertical game lol)

Duck Hunt- Duh

Retro Medley- Would include stuff like Mysterious Murasame Castle, Game and Watch songs, Gyromite, Punch Out, the whole it and kaboodle
Garden of Hope

Pikmin needed a stage
I like this stage

Garden of Hope- I guess we needed a calm song in here somewhere

Stage Select Pikmin 2- *adds to my playlist*

Looks a lot less familiar from this view huh?

Polyanna- I believe a dream can come true

Either Pokey Means Business or Mother 3's Porky theme. . .hmmm

Gonna have to go with this one- Have to be fair Im definitely bias to the source material on this one though

Way overrated when it coems to a lot of things in smash but it was this was the best I got

Athletic - no brainer

Yoshi's Story- Poop! Let the man poop!

:fdb:
I caved

FD version 2- Yes 2 before one, it's that good

Boss Fight 2 - I needed a song from this series. I thought this one fit best on FD out of the two boss themes :p

If any 3rd party deserves a stage it's our good freind sonic

Green Hill Zone-Shame with all the amazing Sonic music that this one is half of all the sonic music

Either
A. Third Party Medley

or

B. Crisis City -(bias )

If you want me to be REAL bias than throw in Bomber Barbara

I spent WAY too much time on this. Don't spend as much time on this as I did. :p

EDIT This took up more space than I thought it would . . .hope it's ok

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I really don't understand why people want Smash to step down to less content. We had enough of this in Smash 4 with the modes.

I don't entertain the "30 character roster" idea or anything like that because frankly, such a reduced number of characters is unacceptable and would literally be worse than what Ultra Smash did for Mario Tennis. If the idea spreads, Nintendo will think people legit want that.

Reducing the roster should only be acceptable if they decide to completely re-invent the franchise, like as a 3D fighter or something, in which case, the original 12 and a few extras for franchises like Fire Emblem are enough.

Last edited:
I really don't understand why people want Smash to step down to less content. We had enough of this in Smash 4 with the modes.

I don't entertain the "30 character roster" idea or anything like that because frankly, such a reduced number of characters is unacceptable and would literally be worse than what Ultra Smash did for Mario Tennis. If the idea spreads, Nintendo will think people legit want that.

Reducing the roster should only be acceptable if they decide to completely re-invent the franchise, like as a 3D fighter or something, in which case, the original 12 and a few extras for franchises like Fire Emblem are enough.
I hate the idea of less content and most people do

I'm pretty sure the point is more along the lines of having more constraint instead of like with smash 4 where it's a giant roster. When you have 50+ characters you really don't have to worry about missing anyone importnat because you have room. With only 30 or less a few cool or imporant characters are bound to get left behind.

For instance, I didn't have an F-zero Stage in my thing because thre wasn't really any room. I was also missing inumerable iconic songs because I limited myself.

It 's not a wishlist. It's a "what-if" scenario

Or at least I assume that is why they d o it or else they are being crazy people

I only did it because I was thinking about Together We Ride and Fire Emblem's main theme lol

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
There's so many pessimists out there saying sad things they legitimately believe in that even entertaining entirely what-if scenarios is a bit too draining for me.

I think I just like to imagine most of the stages 4 took from Melee/Brawl continuing to be carried forward, Fountain of Dreams coming back because that thing looks beautiful, the three stages everyone begs for being added, and a couple of other ones that would shake up various series like, say, Underworld.

And then just throw boss themes onto everything because those are usually awesome and we don't get nearly enough of them.

Heck, let's throw in REMIXED boss themes. With electric guitars and Latin chanting and bells and music boxes and violin solos.

And cake.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I hate the idea of less content and most people do

I'm pretty sure the point is more along the lines of having more constraint instead of like with smash 4 where it's a giant roster. When you have 50+ characters you really don't have to worry about missing anyone importnat because you have room. With only 30 or less a few cool or imporant characters are bound to get left behind.

For instance, I didn't have an F-zero Stage in my thing because thre wasn't really any room. I was also missing inumerable iconic songs because I limited myself.

It 's not a wishlist. It's a "what-if" scenario

I only did it because I was thinking about Together We Ride and Fire Emblem's main theme lol
In that case, I'm still a bit iffy on it because it's just another case of enforcing perceived importance of characters when most of the time the fans are pretty off about that stuff.

In either case, my list would only be controversial because I would priortise keeping the unique characters as opposed to "classic" characters, because the actual function of characters becomes much more important if you have a smaller roster.

Is every map in this game a seize map too? jeez . . .

Shiida has maxed out speed by level 10, and it may have maxed earlier

She ok stats everywhere else other than low strength (although about average for a peg knight I suppose) and resistance (6 i slow for a peg knight right?).

Although that doesn't really matter when no one can kill you because they can't hit you, and even if they do, she has 20 hp to get through from an angelic robe. Of course they would have to attack her first instead of changing sides because of a woman you just met. Seriously wtf Roger?

He was level 5 and hadthe same stats as level 8 Draug other than 2 less HP. Welcome to the bench draug

D

Deleted member

Is every map in this game a seize map too? jeez . . .

Shiida has maxed out speed by level 10, and it may have maxed earlier

She ok stats everywhere else other than low strength (although about average for a peg knight I suppose) and resistance (6 i slow for a peg knight right?).

Although that doesn't really matter when no one can kill you because they can't hit you, and even if they do, she has 20 hp to get through from an angelic robe. Of course they would have to attack her first instead of changing sides because of a woman you just met. Seriously wtf Roger?

He was level 5 and hadthe same stats as level 8 Draug other than 2 less HP. Welcome to the bench draug
At least they aren't Rout

I dunno how stats are distributed in the DS games so compare her Res to your other units, it's probably average if they have around 0-2 Res and low if they have 3-6

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So an interesting theory on Sun and Moon has come about and been circulating this past month.

It's that Magearna is the guardian of the man made island.

Which would be a surprising twist and could be true. Maybe it disappeared years ago and the QR event unlocks story for it on the island.

Thoughts?

Which essentially makes you become the guardian of the man made island if you have one.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Take with a huge grain of salt, but TenKay is at it again.
The only reason I'm posting this is to let you guys judge for yourselves. I'm still largely skeptical... but we'll see I guess. We got only just a little over a week for this deadline...

Last edited:

Chrono.

The only reason I'm posting this is to let you guys judge for yourselves. I'm still largely skeptical... but we'll see I guess. We got only just a little over a week for this deadline...
Who the hell is this guy?

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Who the hell is this guy?
Some guy who might have had inside information on the NX's specs in the past. So in truth, we don't know if he's right or wrong with his sources. I've heard he's been proven wrong in the past... but I don't really know.

I'd still take it with a high Grain of Salt though.

Chrono.

http://shoryuken.com/2016/07/13/kin...g-playstation-network-in-hong-kong-next-week/

Hong Kong is getting a KOFXIV demo on PSN and we may be next.

10K.

The guy with all of the NX leaks in the past.

Apparently leaked some other stuff before that was accurate.

You know, the usual.
Some guy who might have had inside information on the NX's specs in the past. So in truth, we don't know if he's right or wrong with his sources. I've heard he's been proven wrong in the past... but I don't really know.

I'd still take it with a high Grain of Salt though.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I was bored so I made a pretty chart sheet containing which Pokémon type combinations have been used or not:

Note this is accurate as of Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. Here's what's been done in Gen 7:
  • Normal/Dragon - Drampa
  • Bug/Fairy - Cutiefly
  • Poison/Fire - Salandit
  • Ghost/Fairy - Mimikkyu
It's also worth noting that there were some "Pokémon" from Pokéstar Studios in Black 2/White 2 that have unique type combinations: UFO 2 is Psychic/Electric and F-00 is Steel/Normal.

Just going to remind everyone that this is 10k's status quote on gaf
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=200115066&postcount=99

(For people too lazy to click)

"I am not employed in the video game industry and I was previously banned after posting a bunch of questionable NX rumors I collected by talking to people on Twitter."

Dude is, as far as I know, 0/1 in rumors and screwed with people.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I was bored so I made a pretty chart sheet containing which Pokémon type combinations have been used or not:

Note this is accurate as of Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. Here's what's been done in Gen 7:
  • Normal/Dragon - Drampa
  • Bug/Fairy - Cutiefly
  • Poison/Fire - Salandit
  • Ghost/Fairy - Mimikkyu
It's also worth noting that there were some "Pokémon" from Pokéstar Studios in Black 2/White 2 that have unique type combinations: UFO 2 is Psychic/Electric and F-00 is Steel/Normal.
Water and Flying have had the full range with grass only missing fire. Chilli Pepper or Moses Bush Pokemon?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

• Normal/Dragon - Drampa
  • Bug/Fairy - Cutiefly
  • Poison/Fire - Salandit
  • Ghost/Fairy - Mimikkyu
Really nice colour scheme you got right there.

I so want a Dark/Fairy...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
From what I'm vaguely aware of. . .this guy works by asking around a bunch, right?

We aren't at fall yet and Sturgeon's Law applies for pretty much any leak source, but it's not that long of a wait so. . .

Expect nothing, hope for the best?

At the very least he himself asks everyone to take their mountain of salt. I don't think even he has any idea whether or not his sources have any idea what they're talking about on this one.

It's too bad I forgot what his source ranking system is. The letters at the bottom seem to be in reference to that.

. . .

. . .Wait.

Nintendo should be ANNOUNCING the NX being fully revealed.

So they'd be telling us when they'll actually show it off?

That interpretation of what he said seems much more realistic to me. There's enough dehydrated geeks out here that even an announcement of an announcement would be enough to help us a little. I had a teeny tiny hope that they would do that at E3, but since this is closer to fall maybe it's a little more viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom