• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Take with a huge grain of salt, but TenKay is at it again.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
The only reason I'm posting this is to let you guys judge for yourselves. I'm still largely skeptical... but we'll see I guess. We got only just a little over a week for this deadline...
This feels to soon, I'll give it the week though. That's easy enough.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Just going to remind everyone that this is 10k's status quote on gaf
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=200115066&postcount=99

(For people too lazy to click)

"I am not employed in the video game industry and I was previously banned after posting a bunch of questionable NX rumors I collected by talking to people on Twitter."

Dude is, as far as I know, 0/1 in rumors and screwed with people.
Well... it's NeoGAF. A mod could've easily added that in. You know how toxic that forum can be lol.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Look up some Inbetweeners clips for nostalgia's sake
>Get reminded there was a US remake of it
>Watch some clips from it
>Can't stop cringing

wew lad

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Looking at the Tweet 10K has pinned, I'm not sure how compatible the port rumors that are apparently still being insisted on are with what we know about how Breath of the Wild was designed to work for NX. The fact that Animal Crossing NX isn't being insisted on despite the fact that it's been hinted at seems odd as well.

. . .However he seems to juggle a ton of sources and his own controller reports seem to contradict those ports as well, so perhaps it's just the sheer number of sources messing with it. I know a ton of people must think that just parroting an assumption from a few months ago must be an easy way to look viable.

He could easily be wrong on everything, but treating each point individually I'd be quicker to believe the more obscure suggestions available than ones that everyone and their mother were speculating on anyway without any reason to.

The more obscure things with multiple sources are, the more they'd be worth giving credit to, although that certainly doesn't guarantee anything.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Is it it me or hating Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san is a meme at this point. Nearly everyone flipped the **** out just because Yuuna-san"s chapter just happened to be higher than Boku no Hero Academia in this week's WSJ issue.

"Waaaaaaaah, a ****ty harem manga about ghost boobs just happened to beat my favorite superhero manga this week. Therefore it sucks!"

Just keep that hate coming because it will grow to be just as popular as To Love-Ru in the future. :troll:

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I want this to be true.

Would like to know when they actually reveal it and whatever that hinted major blue ocean gimmick is. *sigh*

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well I checked the comments on the Gamescom unveiling thing and T2 means two sources.

I know his ranking system goes up to at least T5 and there's been some people chomping at the bit for a Gamescom reveal, so this is a bit flimsy.

. . .But I'm so desperate for NX news that I feel slightly excited anyway. Not letting myself get disappointed/angry if it goes nowhere, as these things almost never do, but I can't help but have a physical hope reaction off of even something like this.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Is it it me or hating Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san is a meme at this point. Nearly everyone flipped the **** out just because Yuuna-san"s chapter just happened to be higher than Boku no Hero Academia in this week's WSJ issue.

"Waaaaaaaah, a ****ty harem manga about ghost boobs just happened to beat my favorite superhero manga this week. Therefore it sucks!"

Just keep that hate coming because it will grow to be just as popular as To Love-Ru in the future. :troll:
Yep, they got their jimmies in a twist because Yuragi just so happens to get a good chapter this week that was better than the last twenty chapters. If it managed to get that good, then it's placement is well deserved. Some of these Boku no Hero Academia fans are slowly growing as toxic as Naruto fans as of now (well possibly).

And I'll just place this here.

Replace games with manga and the point still stands.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Real talk: Can Nintendo make GamePad backwards compatibility? As in, I can keep my GamePad for use on NX?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Real talk: Can Nintendo make GamePad backwards compatibility? As in, I can keep my GamePad for use on NX?
No reason why they shouldn't be able to. Hell, I'm pretty sure there are ways to connect it to a PS3 and stuff (it won't do anything special, just be used as another controller).

And I would like that. I can't imagine certain games playing any other way, like BotW, so I would like the option to be available.

Well... it's NeoGAF. A mod could've easily added that in. You know how toxic that forum can be lol.
A mod did edit it in. As far as I know mods are rhe only people who can change the status (which is really stupid by the way)

Although it's actually true and he admitted it. 10k used twitter and speculation as sources

Hey guys!
Howdy!
Long time no see!

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well I checked the comments on the Gamescom unveiling thing and T2 means two sources.

I know his ranking system goes up to at least T5 and there's been some people chomping at the bit for a Gamescom reveal, so this is a bit flimsy.

. . .But I'm so desperate for NX news that I feel slightly excited anyway. Not letting myself get disappointed/angry if it goes nowhere, as these things almost never do, but I can't help but have a physical hope reaction off of even something like this.
I don't think Nintendo would go the route of a Gamescom reveal for a few reasons.
1. Their booth space is really small. Which doesn't mean much but it is still a point.
2. They said they'd talk more in Fall. It's still Summer.
3. I think they'll go the route of a private broadcast or Direct. They've always had a lot of hype surrounding those and they won't have any competition unlike Gamescom
4. They've just never really had a big presence at Gamescom.
I really hope I'm wrong but I just can't see it happening.
Haven't seen you in a while.

Staying busy?
Always. Just gets busier and busier.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't think Nintendo would go the route of a Gamescom reveal for a few reasons.
1. Their booth space is really small. Which doesn't mean much but it is still a point.
2. They said they'd talk more in Fall. It's still Summer.
3. I think they'll go the route of a private broadcast or Direct. They've always had a lot of hype surrounding those and they won't have any competition unlike Gamescom
4. They've just never really had a big presence at Gamescom.
I really hope I'm wrong but I just can't see it happening.

Always. Just gets busier and busier.
Logically I don't think so either, I just have a little hype monster locked in the back of my head that hasn't been let out for exercise since Smash 4 prerelease wrapped up and is desperate for some fresh air.

There is the fact that people have been practically screaming at them to reveal it earlier combined with Pokemon Go putting people's attention on Nintendo for an indeterminate amount of time, it's just that external factors probably don't mean anything.

Of course. . .it doesn't rule out the announcement of an announcement idea I had either. . . *needs NX*

D

Deleted member

I don't know what you're talking about but "harem manga about ghost boobs" sounds like the second best premise I ever heard just after "20-year old men that look like bodybuilders beating the **** out of each other"
Let's see what google has to say about that
Ah yes, so this is why incognito tabs exist.
Honestly, this is my own fault, I don't know what else I could expect from "harem manga about ghost boobs"

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Logically I don't think so either, I just have a little hype monster locked in the back of my head that hasn't been let out for exercise since Smash 4 prerelease wrapped up and is desperate for some fresh air.

There is the fact that people have been practically screaming at them to reveal it earlier combined with Pokemon Go putting people's attention on Nintendo for an indeterminate amount of time, it's just that external factors probably don't mean anything.

Of course. . .it doesn't rule out the announcement of an announcement idea I had either. . . *needs NX*
I don't blame you a bit. Just knowing that a new Smash could be right around the corner is enough to be super hyped about it. If the rumors are to be believed that is.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I don't know what you're talking about but "harem manga about ghost boobs" sounds like the second best premise I ever heard just after "20-year old men that look like bodybuilders beating the **** out of each other"
Let's see what google has to say about that
Ah yes, so this is why incognito tabs exist.
Honestly, this is my own fault, I don't know what else I could expect from "harem manga about ghost boobs"
Which one was your favorite? Was it the titular heroine herself? There's a reason why fans nickname it "Ghost ***s". :p

And I was talking about the leaked TOC for this week's volume.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000121-anime-and-manga-other-titles/74013726

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

In anime/manga these days, people don't care about quality when's there's boobs and butts involved.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Does anyone know what time will the NicoNico live stream that will announce the new Pokken fighter will go on air? I might try to watch it live.

D

Deleted member

Which one was your favorite? Was it the titular heroine herself? There's a reason why fans nickname it "Ghost ***s". :p

And I was talking about the leaked TOC for this week's volume.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000121-anime-and-manga-other-titles/74013726
All I saw was some official art and a page of someone groping the breasts of two(I assume) ghosts and that was enough for me to save those pics for later use to stop

Also, are people really getting worked up over some rankings? Lol

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Also, are people really getting worked up over some rankings? Lol
Been lurking Mangahelpers for six years and I can safely confirm that this is the norm. You do have the occasional Black Clover bashing because it's a "juvenile Naruto" for being tropey with subpar writing. Bleach discussions never end well because of complaints about how much they want it to end (which will happen soon), especially when it's been in the Bottom 5 for a while. Then there's the usual speculation about why some series are too undeserving of color pages (especially new ones).

Welcome to Weekly Shonen Jump speculations 101.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Been lurking Mangahelpers for six years and I can safely confirm that this is the norm. You do have the occasional Black Clover bashing because it's a "juvenile Naruto" for being tropey with subpar writing. Bleach discussions never end well because of complaints about how much they want it to end (which will happen soon), especially when it's been in the Bottom 5 for a while. Then there's the usual speculation about why some series are too undeserving of color pages (especially new ones).

Welcome to Weekly Shonen Jump speculations 101.
Don't forget the Nisekoi and Toriko discussion about their ranks.

Oh, how can anyone forget about lovely conversation about Jump being "financially doomed" without Bleach, Assassination Classroom, and Naruto in them future While Boku no Hero Academia is nowhere near ****Class levels of sales, it's still the best selling manga from 2014. So I'm sure the magazine will be financially fine with just One Piece and that under its belt.

Chrono.

Been lurking Mangahelpers for six years and I can safely confirm that this is the norm.
****. I can't even read the comments on Batoto without regretting everything I did that day.

I can't imagine myself lurking some manga forum for 6 years.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Checked the Rosalina tag on Twitter and it should be the "No Fun Allowed" tag because it's mostly just sub-competitive Smash players complaining.

This isn't even a Smash specific tag either.

Sometimes I consider just completely bottling up my interest in the character again to the point I forget she's a thing.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Naruto ending, while it did lessen the sales of the magazine, did not really cause much harm to the magazine. One Piece is insanely popular on its own to warrant big bucks and the newer audience is enjoying the hell out of Academia and Food Wars. So saying that the magazine is doomed just because of some megahits ending means ****.

The 80's had nothing but Seiya, Dragon Ball, JoJo, and Fist of the North Star. And it still did fine when Dragon Ball Z came into the picture when other hits like Yugioh, Shaman King, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Luckyman existed.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So, Shonen Jump is Nintendo? :troll:
Maybe so.

They did have new gimmicks where recent successful manga are different genres than mostly the battle stuff we grew up reading.

Harem (To Love-Ru), Sports (Kuroko no Basuke), Cooking (Food Wars), School Comedy (Assassination Classroom), Mystery (Nogami Neuro), Dancing (Straighten Up! Shika High's Competitive Dancing Club), and so on.

And let's not forget the fair share of nostalgic fans that find the manga back in the day (80's, 90's, and 2000's) superior than today's manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom