• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'll just leave this here for you Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen

But this saltier post is even funnier.

There are plenty of more where that came from if you want to see more salty user "reviews". :p
I mean, it's Metacritic's User Score. Some people gave MN9 10/10 because they don't like how people are upset. And I don't even ****ing need to mention Cory in the House

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I had a dream, and in the dream was this horrible clown creature, which was supposed to be a good guy. But he wasn't. He turned more and more violent throughout the dream and I was able to defeat him twice. But the third time he brought an army with him.

The clown's name was "Daigon of the dreamer"

I decided to look up what "Daigon" meant when I woke up, and what it apparently means is "The human incarnation of a diety"

Which is kind of freaky
That's weird...

Do you think you could have learn the meaning of Daigon before and just forgot it?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'll just leave this here for you Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen

But this saltier post is even funnier.

There are plenty of more where that came from if you want to see more salty user "reviews". :p
The graphics are awful eh? Sounds somebody never heard of Sanic Bum (aka the worst Sonic game since 06). And you got to love the Fire Emblem elitism too. "Waaaaah, anyone that plays Awakening or Fates aren't true fans like us." Pathetic.

And the gameplay as is slow? **** please the sessions go by pretty fast if you give them the right tracks. In fact, the only fights that are slow are boss fights. Sounds like somebody played a game of "Judge A Game By Trailers" very horribly.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I mean, it's Metacritic's User Score. Some people gave MN9 10/10 because they don't like how people are upset. And I don't even ****ing need to mention Cory in the House
No one needs to mention Cory in the House because it's the best anime Disney ever produced. The story is something that not even Lilo & Stitch: The Series can beat in its sleep. Did I forget to mention Cory is a highly relatable protagonist?

10/10 best anime since The Suite Life of Zach and Cody. :troll:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

But will it make me fast?
How did I not subscribe to this channel earlier? It's perfect.

No one needs to mention Cory in the House because it's the best anime Disney ever produced. The story is something that not even Lilo & Stitch: The Series can beat in its sleep. Did I forget to mention Cory is a highly relatable protagonist?

10/10 best anime since The Suite Life of Zach and Cody. :troll:
Pfffft, Gravity Falls is clearly the best anime. You've got **** tastes, pleb.

This is still my favorite censorship related post.

Kinky.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Lilac was literally one of the most hype ones they did. Also Lilac is far from a nobody. Freedom Planet did really well, is already getting a self funded sequel, and may even be getting two spin-off games. The game is very popular and I'd easily say Lilac is more recognisable than characters like K. Rool or whoever else people want because she's showing up in a lot of things and because she's still relevant, not like a lot of characters people core Smash fans ask for. While those other characters are former C-listers fading further into obscurity, characters like Shovel Knight and Lilac are rising stars - the next generation's Mario or Sonic, if you will.

They need to do more characters like that, and put the kind of effort and creativity they put into Lilac's one into the others more often. It's also just really cool to see them get commissioned by the creator of the game the character is from, official model sheets and all, as it contributes to the quality of the piece.
Smashified's potential characters go further than speculation core characters and there are a lot of classics between echo chamber characters and two-game ponies like Lilac.
Relevancy doesn't and shouldn't contribute to Smashified (and to a certain extent, Smash) on its own as Banjo-Kazooie, Crash, K. Rool and the entirety of Mother were received really well, because they were so old (though not forgotten, there's a difference between old and irrelevant)
Smashified revived these characters by a bit by giving them a new render and putting them in the spotlight again.
Smashified's schedule is bi-monthly at best and there are a lot of All-Stars, even if they're outside of the echo chamber that could be featured, especially if they are actually requested by fans (I dunno if Lilac was)
Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, Daisy and Waluigi (who, if we're going by recognisability, are shoo-ins) or more well known indies such as Quote.

Commisioned characters should be kept a special thing, execpt if they're requested as well.

EDIT:
Grunkle Ford is best Disney princess

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Smashified's potential characters go further than speculation core characters and there are a lot of classics between echo chamber characters and two-game ponies like Lilac.
Relevancy doesn't and shouldn't contribute to Smashified (and to a certain extent, Smash) on its own as Banjo-Kazooie, Crash, K. Rool and the entirety of Mother were received really well, because they were so old (though not forgotten, there's a difference between old and irrelevant)
Smashified revived these characters by a bit by giving them a new render and putting them in the spotlight again.
Smashified's schedule is bi-monthly at best and there are a lot of All-Stars, even if they're outside of the echo chamber that could be featured, especially if they are actually requested by fans (I dunno if Lilac was)
Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, Daisy and Waluigi (who, if we're going by recognisability, are shoo-ins) or more well known indies such as Quote.

Commisioned characters should be kept a special thing, execpt if they're requested as well.

EDIT:
But...Lilac's commission wasn't done just because 'I want Lilac'. It was done to promote Freedom Planet 2 as the announcement of the game was around the same time as the smashified

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Seeing Rosalina talk again after so long is weird. Weird seeing other Mario characters smack talk as well.

Man, this game doesn't even have proper Dream Events though... it seems like these games get lazier each year.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

EDIT:
I'm not saying a character is more worth it if they are current and relevant. Something like Crash or Klonoa is certainly cool.

The point of my post was that Lilac simply isn't a "nobody character". People know who she is. She WAS requested (the official FP social media promoted Smashified when it started so of course she was). People like the character and her game. And she's not a "two-game pony", because she already is potentially getting two spin-offs in her game franchise. Not to mention the FP cameos in other games like Runbow.

By your logic, Shovel Knight "deserved" a Smashified even less because he only has one game to his name. Same with Inklings.

It just comes off as you whining because you don't personally know who this character everyone else was excited about was, and that it wasn't whoever you requested.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's the anniversary title, as SEGA doesn't want to rush it, otherwise we'd get what happened last decade
Nah, if SEGA released their game this year it would probably be more like Generations, being a solid in gameplay but light on story and being really short.

'06 was a different beast. It went through development hell in general, nothing about it's development cycle was smooth.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Seeing Rosalina talk again after so long is weird. Weird seeing other Mario characters smack talk as well.

Man, this game doesn't even have proper Dream Events though... it seems like these games get lazier each year.
The Dream Events were my favorite parts of those games, the fact that they don't them pretty much keeps me from getting this one.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Nah, if SEGA released their game this year it would probably be more like Generations, being a solid in gameplay but light on story and being really short.

'06 was a different beast. It went through development hell in general, nothing about it's development cycle was smooth.
I was moreso talking about how it'd be rushed, which is bad

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I'm not saying a character is more worth it if they are current and relevant. Something like Crash or Klonoa is certainly cool.

The point of my post was that Lilac simply isn't a "nobody character". People know who she is. She WAS requested (the official FP social media promoted Smashified when it started so of course she was). People like the character and her game. And she's not a "two-game pony", because she already is potentially getting two spin-offs in her game franchise. Not to mention the FP cameos in other games like Runbow.

By your logic, Shovel Knight "deserved" a Smashified even less because he only has one game to his name. Same with Inklings.

It just comes off as you whining because you don't personally know who this character everyone else was excited about was, and that it wasn't whoever you requested.
Not whining, just geniuinely confused :c

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was moreso talking about how it'd be rushed, which is bad
Yeah rushing games is bad. But it also doesn't always mean an '06 level disaster.

Generations could have clearly used a bit more time in the oven, but was still a really good game in spite of it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Rosalina having dialogue/being in that outfit and doing those dances is literally the only exciting thing left for me in this game.

It's all on YouTube for me though and a model rip will surely happen soon, so meh...

The hub world is nice too though, I'll admit, and of course I like some of the other character's lines, but Rosalina's most of all because she hasn't had real dialogue since Galaxy 2 so it's a treat to see her talk again. I like how the spin-offs give her a sassy edge. Like she's really tender and motherly normally, but when it comes to a competition, she becomes an ice queen.

"Do not expect to win."

I hope we see her talk more in the future.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well.
After 6 hours.
Here's my opinion on TMS#FE so far.

Atlus went Chaos over Lawful in the development because only Lucifer could make the game as enjoyable as it is.

The "session skills" mechanic is actually a good way to balance a "Once More" styled mechanic and CHRIST it's terrifying when enemies pull it off... which honestly makes the chaining from them put Bosses and certain "Savage Enemy Formations" a nightmare to run into... which kinda should be the case. The entire management of enemy resources -> weapons -> skills, and skills themselves "ranking up" if you learn multiple of them... is one of the more elegant ways to keep enemies in a need to fight for more than the point of EXP.

This is also the most I've used items in an Atlus rpg since Nocturne.

Honestly the worst of the game so far has been the first bit, before you get access to combat, because... close-up 1 character things don't look right on this engine. Especially with eyes not really having animation to them and certain motions being drawn out across an entire textbox which makes it go on for far longer than it should.

Also Kiria's default Combat Outfit is beyond stupid and I changed it immediately.

I've also only noticed one error in the translation so far.

Edit: So far, I have two complaints on gameplay: not having an instant link from dungeons to the Bloom Palace to turn in things for more weapons as well as passive skills, and the fact that "Requests" have NO thing in the menu to keep track of them.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Let's be glad THIS didn't happen. Imagine the controversy if Banjo or Conker wound up in Skylanders when Activision do own Rare.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/06/27/activision-almost-outbid-microsoft-for-rare/
Thinking about, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Rare character in the Xbox version of a future Skylanders. Banjo and Conker immediately come to mind, but I could see Rash from Battletoads as well.
Normally, I would be worried about how they would look, but considering how great Crash looks.

I think they would look fine.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Minecraft is getting a movie and has a release date.

http://mojang.com/2016/06/the-minecraft-movie-has-a-release-date/

I'm surprised it took that long TBH
I'll make a mental note to not go within ten miles of the cinema for a few weeks at that point unless the Justice League sequel looks good and Snyder doesn't **** up next year's film. Also Incredibles 2 though the Minecraft film should have died off by then.

Let's be glad THIS didn't happen. Imagine the controversy if Banjo or Conker wound up in Skylanders when Activision do own Rare.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/06/27/activision-almost-outbid-microsoft-for-rare/
They'll pull a Crash except no-one will be pleased even if remakes of the original two games are announced and the Skylanders design looks good because people are still salty that Nintendo practically gave Rare away because of a shift in the industry and Rare's talent that made them great went off to do their own thing.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Why is it that people feel the need to adapt every single popular thing into a movie?
This.

Personally I tend to hate movies inspired by video games. That's why i'm so negative at the prospect of a LoZ movie. It's probably going to happen yeah but I absolutely hate the idea of that happening.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
When it is something as ginormous as Minecraft, the answer is quite clear

If we can have a FNAF movie, then why not Minecraft?

But I would still have little hopes in them being high quality after what happened with Ratchet & Clank. Even I though the movie wasn't all that great.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'm of the opinion Odyssey is Medusa because of The Odyssey being a greek myth and Medusa being a greek character.

No idea about the other 2 though

Also I FINALLY found decent rips of the Kingdom Hearts Unchained [Chi] medals so I can use this as an avi now instead of the ****ty one I used to (Plus an awesome one of KH Riku).
This pleases me.
Well in that case, if it is Medusa, they can take thier time. :p

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Yeah rushing games is bad. But it also doesn't always mean an '06 level disaster.

Generations could have clearly used a bit more time in the oven, but was still a really good game in spite of it.
And the Chaos Emeralds could have been made far more difficult to obtain instead of being given to you automatically as you progress through the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom