• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Well, I had fun with this.

I let my bias shine bright with this one. Hope you like it!

Melee Roster.png
#SandBagTopTier
#HadesVSHades
#CutsPeopleWillHateMeFor

(Zael,Calista and Aeron not sure if they are in order. Don't really know much about Pandora's Tower and The Last Story but they look super cool.)

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
The HECK is this?
YouTube is now allowing people to submit closed captioning for videos?! AND it's a pick-up-and-go style where anyone can contribute to a transcription someone left half done!? I might just have to contribute to some of my favorite podcasts!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

#SandBagTopTier
#HadesVSHades
#CutsPeopleWillHateMeFor

(Zael,Calista and Aeron not sure if they are in order. Don't really know much about Pandora's Tower and The Last Story but they look super cool.)
*goes through thought process*

Does it have:

Sonic
Mega Man
Lucario
Robin
Corrin

[Y]/N

>Purplebutt.exe detected. Scan for BigIssue?

*beepboop*

Piracy.skree detected. Bigissue not found.

Considering it's a fantasy roster, I can give it a lot of credit for passing my weird basic litmus tests.

Of course, if I were making a bias roster, I'd probably just end up posting the same character 20 times. . .

. . .he's not there.

Weeeeewwww, nuwfin's puwfect.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Has anyone seen any good Zelda BotW fanart yet?

*sigh* There's always next time..... out of all characters I supported that didn't get in, Rayman was my most wanted.

I wish we could hear from Sakurai why he didn't make it. I'm sure it was close.
I'm really curious as well. He got 3 trophys unlike any non repped 3rd party. It was a weird inclusion with no reason or mention of why or how it happened. I wonder if he was planned, they made the trophys, but the plan fell through, but they kept the trophys.

New crossover! Didn't think Rosalina as Cloud would turn out so well.
I mean. . .crossdressing Cloud is already a thing in canon

I'm not surprised at all!

#SandBagTopTier
#HadesVSHades
#CutsPeopleWillHateMeFor

I would main Stitch so hard

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm really curious as well. He got 3 trophys unlike any non repped 3rd party. It was a weird inclusion with no reason or mention of why or how it happened. I wonder if he was planned, they made the trophys, but the plan fell through, but they kept the trophys.
Doesn't Fatal Frame/Project Zero have more than one trophy too, one in each version? I suppose Rayman got one more though.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Weeeeewwww, nuwfin's puwfect.[/QUOTE]
I saw a couple of these a while ago, this one in particular is my favorite.
This latest one, along with Kirby-Dark Pit and Zelda-ZZS and are my favorites. This Pikachu-Mario is high up there as well.

I requested the following:
>Bayonetta as Pit - disappointed only Bayo one was of costume that already happened in her games.
>Rosalina as Cloud (yay!)
>Corrin as Robin. XD.

D

Deleted member

Man, I had said this a thousand times, FemLink is never an issue, the issue is that we have is that we have a character that needs to be playable in her own game but

NO ONE :zeldamelee: WANTS TO :zelda: GIVE HER A CHANCE :4zelda:

That's why I'm upset, where's the demand for a game starring Zelda as the character, her own adventure. Why is it that the only time she's playable is in non-canon spinoffs, Smash and The Unholy Triforce CD-I games? Why is it that it seems sinful and awful that we can't make a game for Zelda more than making Link a girl? Hell That's more shameful to take an established character and change its gender.
Zelda.jpg

Agreed

Zelda should just get her own game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Doesn't Fatal Frame/Project Zero have more than one trophy too, one in each version? I suppose Rayman got one more though.
I think it's one in each version, could be wrong though. I don't remember for sure about a 3ds version of a FF trophy, but I know I have one on the wii u. I feel like there's a 3ds one to though. I have all except 1 trophy I think on the 3ds which is locked behind the last puzzle back I need to finish. I need peach's crown and one other accessory first though.

And I thought Nintendo got the rights to Fatal Frame? Or am I mistaken?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
IIRC it's a second party franchise for Nintendo now.

:094:
They co-own the newest games in the series starting with IV, but that's it.
Ah, I thought they had it as second or 1st party now or some deal. Then that would explain the FF trophy.

I mean the last Rayman had mario and luigi outfits but that was on the wii u, and I don't know if that contributed to Smash or not. Who knows. I wish we learned more about how they got them.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
So how well did the latest Fatal Frame title do? Did it even come out in the west?
Ah, I thought they had it as second or 1st party now or some deal. Then that would explain the FF trophy.

I mean the last Rayman had mario and luigi outfits but that was on the wii u, and I don't know if that contributed to Smash or not. Who knows. I wish we learned more about how they got them.
We just know that Sakurai asked Ubi if they could use Rayman for a trophy and Ubi sent them a model.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just went and re-installed all of those mods I had downloaded before and everything is working perfectly. I even installed stuff like the Corrin and Rosalin alts I downloaded as additional costume slots rather than replacing any default ones, and Shadow is working now too.

I just have a few small things to iron out though. Ryoma Corrin is transgender or something, as he is coming out with Female Corrin's voice clips. Must be because the game has it set to give every even numbered alt the female voice clips or something.

Also Shadow's name isn't coming coming up over his CSS slots, it's still Sonic, so I guess I did something wrong there. And I have a custom announcer call for Shadow that came with the mod. It's working fine, except for the 8th Shadow alt, which for some reason, has the announcer call out Robin's name when selected. :p

A few screenshots below.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think it's one in each version, could be wrong though. I don't remember for sure about a 3ds version of a FF trophy, but I know I have one on the wii u. I feel like there's a 3ds one to though. I have all except 1 trophy I think on the 3ds which is locked behind the last puzzle back I need to finish. I need peach's crown and one other accessory first though.

And I thought Nintendo got the rights to Fatal Frame? Or am I mistaken?
Yeah, I think there's a character named Maya (that floating spirit lady) who has a trophy in the 3DS version. I don't know much about the rights with Nintendo and that series though, except that I recall seeing a lets play of one of the games (The one featuring the two girls "Mio and Mayu" who have a trophy on the Wii U version) for the PS2 once so I figured the series was probably third party....

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Wants a female protagonist on a open world game with primitive clothes riding beasts,play horizon:zero dawn.

WHAT NO MALE OPTION???

GF\AHFBS\DICVO\DSV

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Just went and re-installed all of those mods I had downloaded before and everything is working perfectly. I even installed stuff like the Corrin and Rosalin alts I downloaded as additional costume slots rather than replacing any default ones, and Shadow is working now too.

I just have a few small things to iron out though. Ryoma Corrin is transgender or something, as he is coming out with Female Corrin's voice clips. Must be because the game has it set to give every even numbered alt the female voice clips or something.

Also Shadow's name isn't coming coming up over his CSS slots, it's still Sonic, so I guess I did something wrong there. And I have a custom announcer call for Shadow that came with the mod. It's working fine, except for the 8th Shadow alt, which for some reason, has the announcer call out Robin's name when selected. :p

A few screenshots below.

one day ill get off my ass and start to mod my wii u.I have a bunch of ideas but just to lazy to start.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I got a request I had.
Use an It's always Sunny in Philadelphia scene with Fire Emblem Fates characters, and make it fitting.:)

Last edited:

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
So I've been playing Rhythm Heaven Megamix pretty much nonstop since release. Already have 20+ hours clocked into it.

Main storyline completed. Superb in every game at the moment (I still have 6 of them I need to buy from the shop). Been blasting through the perfect campaign (aka beating a minigame without missing a single beat; You receive these challenges one by one at random). So far I have beaten 91 of them, with 13 remaining.

I probably have a problem, but that's ok. :upsidedown:

This game is amazing. Buy it.

D

Deleted member

My stance on the concept of a female Link: While I'd prefer if someone like Zelda, Impa, or even Linkle were a separate playable character, I really would have no strong feelings one way or the other towards a female gender option for Link.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So how well did the latest Fatal Frame title do? Did it even come out in the west?
Coming from a big fan of the series, they never historically sell well (even in its own home country). But I believe the Nintendo exclusive ones do the worse compared to the PlayStation games. The Fatal Frame II remake and IV was exclusive everywhere but the US, Spirit Camera was the case of not really feeling right with the 3DS camera (or having a weak story), while V definitely had the most issues (being digital only in the US and having limited physical stock in Europe). I would be surprised if we wind up with a 6th game on the NX after all of this.

EDIT: Fatal Frame 4 is the only exception when it comes to good sales, beating out the original PlayStation trilogy easily.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

About ****ing time

I finally beat Conquest Chapter 26 on Lunatic, spoilers inside
This chapter is just brutal, and there's no easy way out like 25, avoiding Iago's Hexing Rod is easy as he follows a pattern, the problem are all the Maids around the map

The first room has one with a Hex Rod too, Silenced her and stacked up my units on the door on the first turn(you may avoid Iago's Enfeeble as there's only one tile where he'll be able to hit you) and charge in and kill her and the Heros in the second(Freeze is no problem after you kill all the enemies in that room)
There's a Maid with Entrap in the room fo the right with two Sorcerers, do not get within her range on turn 1 with anyone but a paired unit that will be used as bait and to kill the mages earlier

Before going into the next room, you'll want to send a Staff user to the south of the room and Entrap Hans(his Res is low enough that it's easy to get +90 hit on hum) and kill him, preferably with Xander at 2 range as it won't activate Counter nor Countermagic and has WTA, in the next turn, reinforcements will show up to very south of the map

Now there are two paths to take, protip: DO NOT GO THROUGH THE LEFT PATH, I REPEAT, DO NOT GO THROUGH THE LEFT PATH
Faceless have Poison Strike and Seal skills and Stoneborns have 5 ****ing range and are too ****ing bulky, meanwhile, the right one has only Sorcerers and two Maids with Freeze and Enfeeble(the only reason for you to take the left path is for the Spy's Shuriken but it's REALLY not worth the trouble)
Stack up your units near the door, stay out of Iago's range in the Hex Rod turn, pray that the Maids freeze a support unit, break down the door and kill the Sorcerers. There's a Sorcerer with Tomefaire in a room south to this one all alone, bait him out through the door or just kill him after breaking through the door, he's the smallest threat of the entire map

Now's fhe tricky part, the reinforcements triggered by attacking Hans and the two Generals near him will walk to the door and attack with Spears if there's anyone adjacent to it.
You DON'T want to break it now, you should first kill all of these that rush at you so the amount of units you'll have to deal all at once later is manageable.
Rack up those rallies and sings because you'll be here for a while, Xander could take some hits but couldn't kill the Generals before the Maids healed him(thanks Wary Fighter!) so my strat was "seal Def, rally everything, attack, sing, attack and hope for a crit", after killing the 3 Generals and the Berserker, all that's left should be 4 Generals, 4 Berserkers to the left of the room and 1 General and 1 Berserker from the reinforcements
Oh, and that's not all! 3 Sorcerers and a Maid will show up on the north and west of the eastern room, don't worry, one of the groups will wait a turn

Break the door and have your two bulkiest units block the passage, they can't be mounted because the Generals have Beast Killer so unless you reclassed Xander, I hope you have Effie or Benny on standby. Btw, the Berserkers have Hanmers, have fun!
The Generals or Xander should be able to tank the enemy Generals though, after that, charge with everything you've got while hoping the Maids didn't **** your strat up and kill as many things as you can and try to not leave anyone in the Maid's attacking range(they don't need to be killed right now anyways) and also make sure to have someone deal with the Sorcerers from earlier

After all is done, kill the Maid on the right and be careful who you send to kill the one on the left because there's no way to attack her without getting into range of another Maid with Entrap that will pull your units to a room with a Faceless
Elise just died like this, don't kill your little sister like that

And FINALLY, Iago himself
Man, **** him, if this map wasn't Hard enough already, he just HAD to have a high crit Tome, just use some Brave weapon on him so you can kill him before he even has a chance to touch you

Now, enjoy the loot, get that gold, give that Seraph Robe to someone, make sure to enjoy those S-Rank weapons(*Witch Avatar with 42 Mag laughters in the distance*) and sell that Bifrost staff because lol S Rank on staves

It hurts that Elise is dead tho, no one can use Fortify now and that would be damn useful on Endgam--

I know who's getting that Arms Scroll

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I see that we're nearing the 200th page. I might have missed being the 1st poster of the 100th page but I shall not with the 200th page.

I'll stay up all night if I have to.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I wonder if there's a Fates fanfiction that focuses on a Generic Unit as some sort of major character in the Fanfics. It sounds a little unlikely but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom