• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Why is it that in the Youtube comment sections, it's mostly about the Left (White Knight, or Liking) side, and the Hating side but mostly nothing on Middle Ground? Whenever I see people with a brain be on the middle ground, they either don't get their opinions respected, not have a lot of likes, and get bashed on for being mistaken as White Knights, or (Thankfully) get praised that their right.

Oh wait, this is the Youtube community I'm talking about, of course it doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why is it that in the Youtube comment sections, it's mostly about the Left (White Knight, or Liking) side, and the Hating side but mostly nothing on Middle Ground? Whenever I see people with a brain be on the middle ground, they either don't get their opinions respected, not have a lot of likes, and get bashed on for being mistaken as White Knights, or (Thankfully) get praised that their right.

Oh wait, this is the Youtube community I'm talking about, of course it doesn't make sense.
I see this enough times where I just move on or ignore braindead argumentists like them. I remember saying how Federation Force looks boring for both the likers and haters to attack me. Yes, because showing any signs of neutrality towards a Metroid spinoff game is so bad.

Burruni

Smash Hero
AND BURRUNI SWEEPS IN OUT OF NOWHERE TO TAKE THE CROWNING PAGE 200 BUT DOESN'T KNOW WHAT NUMBER TO COUNT TO AND DOES A WILD TRY
Edit: 2 shy

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
When a valuable, and important teammate of your team gets killed by enemies, and your Mercy used her ULT. at the wrong dead teammate:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yes it does, most of them sadly weren't animated because the anime was meant to be short lived. Either you have a choice of reading the whole series in Japanese on the author's website or just buying the Seven Seas Entertainment volumes from Amazon (which I did) and stores.
The anime mostly have the short basic fights like Opa Opa vs Fisher D, Sanic vs Opa Opa, Sanic vs video game fodder, etc.

The more serious and destructive fights however were saved for the unanimated arcs (Like the Bioweapon Arc). Marcus (Mario) is badass as one can expect when he lets lose on the shrooms.
Interesting, might look into this manga and see what it is like. Sounds like it could be good.

How many characters from both companies are represented? Duck hunt is a neat choice to have.

Oh and Azure, just saw this group, can I get an invite to the character support group please?

EDIT: MUWHAHAAH 200 PAGE HYPE!

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
200 IS MINE!!! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: DAMN YOU Z25 Z25 ! If it weren't for you I would have 200 all for myself! Now my evil ambition has been ruined by your melding! Curses!

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Drat! Now I must return to my secret lab to begin my evil plot to capture 300. I'll remember this Z25 Z25 , you'll rue this day!

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So...did you guys enjoy E3?

..now beings the summer drought of news!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
NYEH HEH HEH, THIS IS THE BEST VICTORY I'VE SEEN IN YEARS.

Interesting, might look into this manga and see what it is like. Sounds like it could be good.

How many characters from both companies are represented? Duck hunt is a neat choice to have.

Oh and Azure, just saw this group, can I get an invite to the character support group please?

EDIT: MUWHAHAAH 200 PAGE HYPE!
Several fans that I've seen and talked to agree that the anime never did the manga any justice and it's much better in manga format. You'll be in for a surprise once you start reading the more serious arcs after the rocky beginning.

There are few for the companies like Sega, Atari, Enix, Square, Namco, Konami, and Capcom. But Nintendo has the largest because they are naturally the bad guys (Kirby, Mother, Metroid, Mario, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, Pokemon, Star Fox, Animal Crossing, etc).

With pleasure. I'll invite you. ;)

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Drat! Now I must return to my secret lab to begin my evil plot to capture 300. I'll remember this Z25 Z25 , you'll rue this day!
NEXT TIME ON NINTENZONE Z WILL THE SPARTANS CAN DEFEAT SMX IN TIME BEFORE HE CAPTURES THE NUMBER AND IS TOO LATE?! FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON NINTENZONE Z!!!!!

VERSES!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

E3 was a bit of a surprise for me this year. While Nintendo not having a digital event was disappointing at first, it really seemed to work out for them in the end. Sony and Microsoft also had some pretty good conferences, though I think Sony was a bit better due to having more games that interested me. Overall, it was pretty decent.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Sorta. It was pretty much what I expected to be and I got my hopes down for this event so I ended up not really hyped yet not really disappointed. Crash remasters were good to hear and I liked what I saw from Zelda. Didn't care much besides that.

Yeah, I figured that. I think we can be in for a good 3 months without any information or Directs. 2015's drought was June through November so hopefully we don't get something that bad. Maybe some individual Directs here and there along with the NX Reveal in September. That would be nice.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
User was warned for this post

Microsoft gave me more of reason to not sell my Xbox One, Sony gave me plenty of new titles to look forward too, Nintendo pleasantly surprised me and gave me more TMS footage, and Square basically teased us more news drought for Kingdom Hearts 3. Overall, the event was not bad or too soul crushing like last year.

<content redacted>

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
NEXT TIME ON NINTENZONE Z WILL THE SPARTANS CAN DEFEAT SMX IN TIME BEFORE HE CAPTURES THE NUMBER AND IS TOO LATE?! FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON NINTENZONE Z!!!!!

VERSES!

Looks like I got some slaughtering to do...

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I really do wonder if there is a Fates fanfiction that focuses on some kind of Generic Unit as in a way Major in the Fanfic. I know it's unlikely, and I kind of said it hours ago but still I didn't have an answer yet.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I really do wonder if there is a Fates fanfiction that focuses on some kind of Generic Unit as in a way Major in the Fanfic. I know it's unlikely, and I kind of said it hours ago but still I didn't have an answer yet.
Said Generic Unit will end up becoming a Smash newcomer so how...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

As long as the NX has some games on it I want, I can survive the wait without much problem. We've made it over a year now, surely a couple more months isn't so undoable.

Plus I have a ton of different games I have that I never beat, and nearly EVERYTHING I have beaten hasn't been 100%ed. If I really need something to do other than stare into the void, I could do it.

And when the time comes?

My only concern about power is how much everyone else's complaints about it are going to suck out my hype. My big wish is that they not repeat the Wii U's painfully empty feeling launch, and after the sheer amount of silence the Wii U has been having. . .ever, but especially lately, I think the cause for the void is precisely that they're stockpiling so the NX won't suffer the same fate.

There's people left and right saying they're bailing on Nintendo because of the NX without even seeing it. But then I also saw this Tweet.

So maybe it's not completely bleak out there.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Judging a console before we even know anything about it is one of the dumbest things I've witnessed recently. How about wait until we don't have to rely on rumors?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
You know, after watching a few videos on BotW's timeline placement with some saying it takes around Zelda I/II, place post-WW and more...

I have decided I'm on #TeamTimelineConvergence because my brain feels fried af right now

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'd actually like for this game to be apart of the Downfall timeline personally. Just to further establish the Zelda 1-3 connection.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Honestly I'd have prefer a single event. The timing of the treehouse live was super inconvenient for me (started at 1 am), and it lasted two days. I didn't get much sleep between that, coordinating SG and having a full work week.

I also hated that the Pokemon Go roundtable was a straight up advertisement. The questions about when and where you could buy Pokemon Go Plus were so forced, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo planted them. Then having the pre-order page come online right after Miyamoto "accidentally" said the release date confirmed my suspicions.

I liked the new 3DS game (Oasis). It looks like Animal Crossing meets Zelda.

Zelda looks fantastic, and I'm happy with the direction. I just wish there was more coming this year. Also, Paper Mario doesn't look half bad.

Some good news: I'll be going to Tokyo Game Show. Applying for press pass soon.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wouldn't be surprised if this was a genuine quote tbh

The worst part is he (The director, Steven Speilburg) killed one of those trained dinosaurs for sport

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
You know, after watching a few videos on BotW's timeline placement with some saying it takes around Zelda I/II, place post-WW and more...

I have decided I'm on #TeamTimelineConvergence because my brain feels fried af right now
I'm on #TeamAdultTimeline due to the biggest references seemingly coming from Wind Waker. Though I think a Timeline Convergence story would be really cool, but I doubt that's what the developers are going for with the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom