• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, here's some other details from the demo on the pokecommunity that I haven't seen mentioned:

http://shelgon.tumblr.com/post/151734111644/pokémon-sun-and-moon-previews-details-gamespot

• Island Trials are a challenge that involves item collecting and a boss battle (aka Totem Pokemon)
  • The protagonist has a father, but he isn't seen in-game (yay for continuing the missing dad tradition)
  • Poke Pelago and Poke Ride can't be accessed until later in the game
  • A fortune teller can be found in Festival Plaza
  • The first Trial Captain, Ilima is encountered at the Trainers School, which is where you also get the Exp. Share
  • Stereoscopic 3D only works with Poke Finder
  • Professor Kukui researched Pokemon moves by battling the Gym Leaders in Kanto
  • Tauros will apparently be a roadblock in-game
  • The testers say that they couldn't access Mega Evolution or Z-Moves in the 2 hours they played
  • Some of the testers couldn't make it to the first Island Trial (aka Ilima's) in the 2 hours
  • The protagonist is confirmed to have moved to Alola from Kanto
  • "Monsters you remember from Red, Gold or Ruby have been reinvented to suit the Alolan environment" might imply Alola Forms for 2nd and 3rd Gen Pokemon
  • Gumshoos is the first Totem Pokemon battled (Sun exclusive, Moon has Alolan Raticate instead as shown in a trailer)
  • Island Trials have been confirmed to replace Gyms
  • Before receiving your starter Pokemon, Lillie apparently gives you a mysterious stone
  • The Z-Ring is given to you by Hala after the second battle against Hau
Alolan forms for other gen pokemon?

And Kukui fighting Kanto leaders is cool.
So the Totem Pokemon are related to the Trials, which means we have 5 we don't know about(11 if all are version exclusive)
My predictions on the Totem Pokemon:
Normal-Gumshoos/Raticate
Grass-Lurantis
Water-Likely Wishiwashi, gimmick could be it summoning other Whishiwashis that transform to School Form if they aren't defeated quickly
Electric-Vikavolt with Charjabugs to power it up
Fire-Turtonator, possibly
And two unknown trials(pls be Dark)
Watching Gamexplain's 50 questions video about the first two hours got me thinking, what is the absolute slowest Pokemon game opening?

For qualification, let's count the opening in two categories. Slowest time to having Pokeballs/dex and Slowest time to first Gym.

I'd say while Gen 6 had the quickest time to get the balls/dex in terms of distance covered, all the text and blathering made it seem a lot longer and while RSE had the longest time to get to the gym in foot time, Viridian forrest slowed the original games to a crawl.
I'd say HGSS has the slowest to getting the Pokeballs
And I really hope they don't **** up the pacing again, as long as it's consistent it's gonna be fine
I don't know if Highway Go Go is good, but I know for sure that Highway Go Go is awesome because, like Gwen said, Josuke do some Crazy **** with is Shining Diamond. However, unlike she said, Iggy is an awesome dog.
Fixed :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Burruni

Smash Hero
So looking at Ilima, what type do you think she will specialize in?

I have two possibilities in mind:
  • Normal - She wears very basic clothing, fitting for someone who specializes in Normal-types. It's also now confirmed that she works at a Pokemon Trainer school, and you want to know who else worked at a Trainer School? Cheren. What did he specialize in? Normal-types! Perhaps this will happen again for Ilima, except she's a Trial Captain rather than a Gym Leader
  • Rock - Her vest and semi-glove match the colors of a basic rock. It seems as if she is wearing a hair pin too, and that hair pin reminds me of a rock.

It's worth noting that the player originally coming from Kanto matches up with the very first Japanese trailer where we saw that kid move from Japan to Hawaii. Looks it was foreshadowing all along! Though I kind of wish the player originated from Kalos instead.

I'm willing to bet the "mysterious stone" Lillie gives to the player is either a Z-stone or a Mega stone.
Thy're the first trial captain.
They speecialize in normal types.
Sorry to kill the discussion.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'm assuming the Totem Gumshoos/Alola Raticate confirms that she specializes in Normal-types?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Do we know if any of the trial captions specialize in Dark type?

It's the closest we can get to a Dark type Gym Leader in Sun & Moon

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So looking at Ilima, what type do you think she will specialize in?

I have two possibilities in mind:
  • Normal - She wears very basic clothing, fitting for someone who specializes in Normal-types. It's also now confirmed that she works at a Pokemon Trainer school, and you want to know who else worked at a Trainer School? Cheren. What did he specialize in? Normal-types! Perhaps this will happen again for Ilima, except she's a Trial Captain rather than a Gym Leader

• Rock - Her vest and semi-glove match the colors of a basic rock. It seems as if she is wearing a hair pin too, and that hair pin reminds me of a rock.

It's worth noting that the player originally coming from Kanto matches up with the very first Japanese trailer where we saw that kid move from Japan to Hawaii. Looks it was foreshadowing all along! Though I kind of wish the player originated from Kalos instead.

I'm willing to bet the "mysterious stone" Lillie gives to the player is either a Z-stone or a Mega stone.
Have to go with normal as well. Especially since she's at the trainer's school. Normal makes a lot of sense.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Sorry I haven't been on here as much but I love the new dragon's evolution form.

Like a fighting Velociraptor.

Also enjoying the hell out of GoW4. Into the second half of the game and I'm gonna pick up Pac-Man Championship Edition 2

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So the Totem Pokemon are related to the Trials, which means we have 5 we don't know about(11 if all are version exclusive)
My predictions on the Totem Pokemon:
Normal-Gumshoos/Raticate
Grass-Lurantis
Water-Likely Wishiwashi, gimmick could be it summoning other Whishiwashis that transform to School Form if they aren't defeated quickly
Electric-Vikavolt with Charjabugs to power it up
Fire-Turtonator, possibly
And two unknown trials(pls be Dark)

I'd say HGSS has the slowest to getting the Pokeballs
And I really hope they don't **** up the pacing again, as long as it's consistent it's gonna be fine

Fixed :troll:
Wouldn't fire be Alolan Marowak?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Have to go with normal as well. Especially since she's at the trainer's school. Normal makes a lot of sense.
Yep, I too believe she specializes in Normal-types at this point.

But not all special trainers who work at Trainer Schools necessarily specialize in Normal-types. Remember Roxanne? She teaches at Hoenn's Trainer School, and she specialized in Rock-types.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Smashified Vaati is looking pretty good!

Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫ I know you're going to love this since you're a huge Vaati fan.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

It looks really good.

Thought to be honest, I kind of miss when the Smashified characters were drawings. I felt that was the most impressive.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wouldn't fire be Alolan Marowak?
I'm almost sure they'll use only new Pokemon if they won't have any more exclusive Totem Pokemon
And I really hope if that does happen, it's not Moon that'll get all the Alolan forms

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm almost sure they'll use only new Pokemon if they won't have any more exclusive Totem Pokemon
And I really hope if that does happen, it's not Moon that'll get all the Alolan forms
But the Fire trial dude's description mentions Marowak in it,

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Bayonetta would fit in nicely lol.
True. But she would win every time because her legs and larger behind gives her the strength and agility advantage.

It looks really good.

Thought to be honest, I kind of miss when the Smashified characters were drawings. I felt that was the most impressive.
HOLY ****ING ****!!!
Smashified Vaati is looking pretty good!

Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫ I know you're going to love this since you're a huge Vaati fan.
In the words of Mettaton, ooooooooooooh yeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

Now I can finally get a new roster icon instead of that boring Minish Cap artwork. Glad it wasn't that bull headed bloke from F-Zero and someone more deserving.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
You know, I hope the Eshop doesnt break down while everyone tries to download the demo. Is there an approximate time as to when the demo will be available?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Vaati's pose is great and he looks more like a Minish than ever before imo. Also give me Windwaker vibes.

Vaati would be a great addition to Smash.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Jangmo-o's evolutions are Dragon/Fighting, which means there is just 29 unused type combinations remaining.
I'll give my thoughts for Pokémon on some of these.
Grass/Fire
Tiki or jalapeño.
Fire/Ice
Temperature.
Electric/Dark
Blackout.
Bug/Dark
Mosquito.
Bug/Psychic
Something that crawls in your ear and latches onto your brain.
Psychic/Poison
Video games.

Because they poison the mind.

Ghost/Rock
Cole from Ninjago.
Ghost/Fighting
Zombie or possessed boxing glove.
Poison/Steel
Hunter.
Ground/Fighting
Bulldozer.
Ground/Fairy
Elf/dwarf/hobbit.
Dark/Fairy
Twilight or eclipse.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I am a bit miffed Layton hasn't been done yet. Why not though?
Why
Indeed, he's been requested a lot for quite a while.

I guess the best we can do is continue requesting the character on Twitter and Youtube and hope for the best.

D

Deleted member

But the Fire trial dude's description mentions Marowak in it,
It takes part in the Trial but not in the Totem Pokemon fight
Not only is if owned by the guy and Totem Pokemon are wild but it's also shown to be normal sized when next to him(and Totem Pokemon are larger than usual)

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Nother speculatory evolution...

Bounsweet-Pomegranate (Grass)
Bounsweet is based on the Mangosteen fruit which is a citris like fruit with an inedible skin...very much like the Mangosteen Pomegranates are encased with a hardened inedible skin which contains all the seeds which are covered in a jelly like fruit...
If this is the case I can expect it to learn moves like Self-Destruct and Explosion since, fun fact: Grenades used to be made of Pomegranate, also Grenade is french for Pomefranate...this can be interesting for its evolution since Bounsweet often gets swallowed by other pokemon due to its sweetness...as an exploding pomegranate...pokemon may think twice doing so...

Edit: actually imagined if it learned a new Grass type version of Self-Destruct/Explosion...giving it that STAB kamikaze

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You know, I hope the Eshop doesnt break down while everyone tries to download the demo. Is there an approximate time as to when the demo will be available?
Probably 12pm est as that's when the Eshop updates.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Nother speculatory evolution...

Bounsweet-Pomegranate (Grass/Fire)
Bounsweet is based on the Mangosteen fruit which is a citris like fruit with an inedible skin...very much like the Mangosteen Pomegranates are encased with a hardened inedible skin which contains all the seeds which are covered in a jelly like fruit...
If this is the case I can expect it to learn moves like Self-Destruct and Explosion since, fun fact: Grenades used to be made of Pomegranate, also Grenade is french for Pomefranate...this can be interesting for its evolution since Bounsweet often gets swallowed by other pokemon due to its sweetness...as an exploding pomegranate...pokemon may think twice doing so...

Edit: actually imagined if it learned a new Fire type version of Self-Destruct/Explosion...giving it that STAB kamikaze
Fixed it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom