• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
No I have to agree with Dark, 80 Pokemon is a small number. I personally think at least 100 new Pokémon is an agreeable number, not counting Alolan Forms.
Wartortle is also a pretty good example of this. The only difference from Squirtle design-wise is that it's slightly bigger and has these weird... Ears
And nimbus cloud tail. :008:

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Hot DAMN! Rogue One is looking better and better Everytime they show something.
Beat ya to it buddy.
boop

Not!Shendu's looking cool, definite team member.
Silvadi look's great, hope it isn't limited to late game story stuff having to happen first.

Anyway we interrupt your Pokemon to give you Star Wars:
More stuff on Mads' character, more Vader and more brilliant shots like this:
View attachment 118905
Wallpaper material right there
This is gonna be awesome.

Forget that. What about Muk!?
A bigger pile of crap.

Wartortle is also a pretty good example of this. The only difference from Squirtle design-wise is that it's slightly bigger and has these weird... Ears
At least Squirtle has a physical change outside of "Oh it's bigger" or "Oh it's colour changed" though. Plus the tail changes as well.

D

Deleted member

At least Squirtle has a physical change outside of "Oh it's bigger" or "Oh it's colour changed" though. Plus the tail changes as well.
It's still not that big of a difference, at least from my perspective.
But oh well.

D

Deleted member

One final thing before I go to bed, a Mini update on my Alpha Sapphire playthrough:
I got through Victory Road, and defeated Wally and made it to the Pokemon League.
However, I still need to grind my team up a little, so there's that.
Tomorrow, I'll likely post a bigger update and hopefully I'll be able to fight the Elite Four.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Jangmo-o's evolutions are Dragon/Fighting, which means there is just 29 unused type combinations remaining.
  1. Grass/Fire
  2. Fire/Ice
  3. Fire/Fairy
  4. Electric/Dark
  5. Electric/Rock
  6. Electric/Fighting
  7. Electric/Poison
  8. Bug/Ice
  9. Bug/Dark
  10. Bug/Normal
  11. Bug/Psychic
  12. Bug/Dragon
  13. Ice/Normal
  14. Ice/Poison
  15. Ice/Fighting
  16. Psychic/Poison
  17. Ghost/Normal
  18. Ghost/Rock
  19. Ghost/Fighting
  20. Poison/Fairy
  21. Poison/Steel
  22. Poison/Normal
  23. Poison/Rock
  24. Rock/Normal
  25. Ground/Fighting
  26. Ground/Fairy
  27. Fighting/Fairy
  28. Normal/Steel
  29. Dark/Fairy
Ghost/Normal and Dark/Fairy are probably my two most wanted type combos right now just based on the pure potential between the two...
Bug/Psychic
Bug/Dark
Poison/Steel
Ghost/Fighting
Bug/Dragon
Would be sick as well...

Overall I did get my most wanted coming into SuMo speculation being Ghost/Fairy with Mimikyu...as well as Poison/Fire with Salandit being not too far behind...
Both pokemon are amoung my favourites this gen as well...

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Scizor's trailer

a lot more saw blades than i expected

Pretty cool to see Scizor in Pokken Tournament; this also confirms to me that Empoleon may as well be the next fighter added based off the original datamine. I know some may think he's not the best Water type representative (Greninja would make a lot more sense), but I believe they can make him work.

Also, saw Jangmo-o's Final Evolution: I think it's pretty cool in general (it does look like a warrior), but I am a bit disappointed he's not a Gryphon. Although if you leave it to the imagination, the beak and tail could somewhat be inspired from a Gryphon...

And about Type: Null's evolution: not bad for basically being an Arceus without actually being Arceus, but I don't see myself really focusing on it that much except for when it appears in the main story. :p

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pretty cool to see Scizor in Pokken Tournament; this also confirms to me that Empoleon may as well be the next fighter added. I know some may think he's not the best Water type representative (Greninja would make a lot more sense), but I believe they can make him work.

Also, saw Jangmo-o's Final Evolution: I think it's pretty cool in general (he does look like a warrior), but I am a bit disappointed he's not a Gryphon. Although if you leave it to the imagination, that beak could be inspired from a Gryphon...

And about Type: Null's evolution: Not bad, but I don't see myself really focusing on it beyond that. :p
I kind of feel that Empoleon is a better representation for water types because a lot of water types are bulky and empoleon has that plus the added benefit of steel type giving it more resistances and immunities

Greninja is kind of an odd water type, being fast and not so bulky

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Empoleon has a lot of potential for some really fun animations....I can see it belly sliding all over the field in addition to summoning waves and using its claws and such...

D

Deleted member

While I like the Part 1 and 2 fights(especially Part 2's) from an action standpoint since it's more direct, I like Stand fights much more in general because of how varied they are.

There are three rules Stands usually follow, one of them being:
"The apparent usefulness of a Stand in battle is inversely proportional to how interesting its fight is."
And this rule is what makes them so good
Being able to reproduce sounds? Stealing an opponent's soul if they lose a bet or a video game match? Healing powers that can't heal yourself? Making holes out of wounds to put fog-chains on them? Turning people's faces into pages of a book? Controlling the captured space of a photograph? A ****ing ship or a car? Magnetizing people that touch it? Making those that touch its shadow younger? Only being able to attack others in their dreams?
All of these are deadly weapons
The main exceptions being The World and Horus(Pet Shop is literally the best Jojo fight from what I've seen)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Inb4 the anime starts super happy and comical before shifting to a dark and deep thematic when the UBs and Type: Null get introduced.
"Everything changed when the UB nation attacked!"
Two (seemingly) different people getting an early copy of Corocoro a month early in advance?

Come on man.
This also happens actually. The leaked corocoro copies come out because they are sent to people's homes as subscriber copies. They are released at the same time to people.
You're missing the point. That information was leaked October 1st. That wouldn't be getting Corocoro early, that'd be getting Corocoro before the issue is even finished being made.
Actually that's not correct. For reference this has happened only one time before.
http://pokejungle.net/2013/04/03/mewtwos-new-forme-leaked/

Mewtwo Y was leaked on the 3rd of it's month of release. The scans showed that these clearly print early. So CoroCoro is done before the the start of a month.

Granted it's unlikely that the 80 leaker got it that early, but I'm calling lucky guess based on this:

"Big Surprise Type Null Evolves"
"Big Surprise The Starter Evos are."
This second one makes both seemingly sarcastic, meaning they weren't right. Plus this:

"nothing else I know is worth saying lol."

So he knows all the new pokemon, but nothing else? That screams: "lmao my guess is now a leak, yay!" because he made his leak to generic and didn't want to expose more to increase his chance of being found fake.

Sure you could argue he had the silv part right. However he wasn't quite there. Plus I think what PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate said yesterday is pretty accurate. The silver part to be a heavily deals with alchemy. Something that many people are believing to be in the game. With the whole starters connected to type null through alchemy and silver being a key component, it isn't a stretch to say that could be a guess as well based on the alchemy theory.

But who really knows. We'll know soon. I still trust the Riddler's hint on dex number more. And what is said below should also be considered:

I think Gamexplain just debunked the 'only 16 mons left' leak. They said they saw new pokemon despite only playing 2 hours

Also the REAL reason XY didn't have a lot of new mons was Sugimori having artist block ya dips, there were multiple articles about it and it's proven as there were like 6 XY mons that weren't done by Sugimori like Pangoro and Tyrantrum
More pokemon early on is very surprising. This would mean almost nothing left later game which seems highly unlikely.

And sugimori isn't making designs anymore, so if that was the case, we should be good on new pokemon.

We'll know soon though. Demo will probably tell us.

D

Deleted member

I tried watching Keijo and while I haven't finished the first episode yet all I have to say is: it's as dumb as it sounds
Not in a bad way though, more like "I can't believe I'm watching this AND enjoying it"
I'm posting this again tho
Also
Screenshot_2016-10-13-14-20-38.png

"Tell me, Kotomine, what is it that you truly seek?"
Bruh you literally need to wait one more day
I doubt your precious Highway Go Go fight is gonna turn into a battle to the death between a dog with a sand Stand against a murderous hawk that can somehow smile with an ice Stand
I don't think it's possible for anything to top the high tension of "oh **** Iggy is gonna die"
Highway Go Go? More like "Highway Go Go watch the Horus fight again"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I tried watching Keijo and while I haven't finished the first episode yet all I have to say is: it's as dumb as it sounds
Not in a bad way though, more like "I can't believe I'm watching this AND enjoying it"
Also
View attachment 118909

I doubt your precious Highway Go Go fight is gonna turn into a battle to the death between a dog with a sand Stand against a murderous hawk that can somehow smile with an ice Stand
I don't think it's possible for anything to top the high tension of "oh **** Iggy is gonna die"
Highway STAR's fight is amazing because of the amazing **** Josuke does. And **** Iggy, stupid mutt was a piece of ****

Burruni

Smash Hero
Also
View attachment 118909

Unlimited Butt Works.

What is this anime season?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah, here's some other details from the demo on the pokecommunity that I haven't seen mentioned:

http://shelgon.tumblr.com/post/151734111644/pokémon-sun-and-moon-previews-details-gamespot

• Island Trials are a challenge that involves item collecting and a boss battle (aka Totem Pokemon)
  • The protagonist has a father, but he isn't seen in-game (yay for continuing the missing dad tradition)
  • Poke Pelago and Poke Ride can't be accessed until later in the game
  • A fortune teller can be found in Festival Plaza
  • The first Trial Captain, Ilima is encountered at the Trainers School, which is where you also get the Exp. Share
  • Stereoscopic 3D only works with Poke Finder
  • Professor Kukui researched Pokemon moves by battling the Gym Leaders in Kanto
  • Tauros will apparently be a roadblock in-game
  • The testers say that they couldn't access Mega Evolution or Z-Moves in the 2 hours they played
  • Some of the testers couldn't make it to the first Island Trial (aka Ilima's) in the 2 hours
  • The protagonist is confirmed to have moved to Alola from Kanto
  • "Monsters you remember from Red, Gold or Ruby have been reinvented to suit the Alolan environment" might imply Alola Forms for 2nd and 3rd Gen Pokemon
  • Gumshoos is the first Totem Pokemon battled (Sun exclusive, Moon has Alolan Raticate instead as shown in a trailer)
  • Island Trials have been confirmed to replace Gyms
  • Before receiving your starter Pokemon, Lillie apparently gives you a mysterious stone
  • The Z-Ring is given to you by Hala after the second battle against Hau
Alolan forms for other gen pokemon?

And Kukui fighting Kanto leaders is cool.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Watching Gamexplain's 50 questions video about the first two hours got me thinking, what is the absolute slowest Pokemon game opening?

For qualification, let's count the opening in two categories. Slowest time to having Pokeballs/dex and Slowest time to first Gym.

I'd say while Gen 6 had the quickest time to get the balls/dex in terms of distance covered, all the text and blathering made it seem a lot longer and while RSE had the longest time to get to the gym in foot time, Viridian forrest slowed the original games to a crawl.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oh yeah, here's some other details from the demo on the pokecommunity that I haven't seen mentioned:

http://shelgon.tumblr.com/post/151734111644/pokémon-sun-and-moon-previews-details-gamespot
  • "Monsters you remember from Red, Gold or Ruby have been reinvented to suit the Alolan environment" might imply Alola Forms for 2nd and 3rd Gen Pokemon

That would be intresting and make a lot of sense if true. As is, it looks like Sun&Moon are doing Gen 1 worship even worse than X&Y did.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

• Island Trials are a challenge that involves item collecting and a boss battle (aka Totem Pokemon)
  • The protagonist has a father, but he isn't seen in-game (yay for continuing the missing dad tradition)
  • The first Trial Captain, Ilima is encountered at the Trainers School, which is where you also get the Exp. Share
  • The testers say that they couldn't access Mega Evolution or Z-Moves in the 2 hours they played
  • Some of the testers couldn't make it to the first Island Trial (aka Ilima's) in the 2 hours
  • Gumshoos is the first Totem Pokemon battled (Sun exclusive, Moon has Alolan Raticate instead as shown in a trailer)
  • Before receiving your starter Pokemon, Lillie apparently gives you a mysterious stone

Other Alola forms would be great. Bug/Dragon type Alolan Flygon please Also, judging by the file size of the game and this preview, it looks like were going to have a long game on our hands. Either that, or its going to pull an X/Y where it drags from the first gym to the second gym.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Alolan Roselia line pleeeeeeaaaaaseeeeee

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
At this point it's practically impossible for me to try and put together a team for Moon. Aside from Entermaid, Vikavolt, and Gengar I'm too torn between most of the others, both old and new. I guess I'll just make up the rest of the team as I go.

:094:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Also
View attachment 118909

I don't know if Highway Go Go is good, but I know for sure that Highway Star is awesome because, like Gwen said, Josuke do some Crazy **** with is Crazy Diamond. However, unlike she said, Iggy is an awesome dog.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Awwwwww, I missed out on the Keijo talk.

And I'm already seeing people suggest Peach being a guest star (which will never happen since Nintendo doesn't want to ruin their family friendly image).

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So looking at Ilima, what type do you think she will specialize in?

I have two possibilities in mind:
  • Normal - She wears very basic clothing, fitting for someone who specializes in Normal-types. It's also now confirmed that she works at a Pokemon Trainer school, and you want to know who else worked at a Trainer School? Cheren. What did he specialize in? Normal-types! Perhaps this will happen again for Ilima, except she's a Trial Captain rather than a Gym Leader
  • Rock - Her vest and semi-glove match the colors of a basic rock. It seems as if she is wearing a hair pin too, and that hair pin reminds me of a rock.

It's worth noting that the player originally coming from Kanto matches up with the very first Japanese trailer where we saw that kid move from Japan to Hawaii. Looks it was foreshadowing all along! Though I kind of wish the player originated from Kalos instead.

I'm willing to bet the "mysterious stone" Lillie gives to the player is either a Z-stone or a Mega stone.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Recap time!
  • Scizor looks pretty badass. The badass would be better if it and Darkrai hit the Wii U port.
  • Type: Null's evo looks weird. But I need more info for a better opinion
  • Jangmo-o's evos are weird. But now, with their Dragon/Fighting type, the only remaining Dragon combination is Dragon/Bug
Now to wait for the next episode(s) of Generations and the tomorrow news.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Also, a note on Jangmo-o. It's Japanese name involves the word jingle.

I think it was kind of obvious that the design of it's evos would involve it's scales clanking together, if perhaps slightly in retrospect.

I'm wondering if perhaps it might actually make a jingling noise in motion.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Possible alolan johto and hoenn pokemon is hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom