• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
what Im saying is, i dont feel very welcomed here
Let me fix that.

damian-saywhaatb.gif.cf.gif

"Welcome to the NintenZone! Enjoy your visit among the funny, pseudo-intellectual, and downright weird! Please be sure to let us know how salty you are before you go. Thank you, and have a wonderful afterlife."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why the hell am I not grinding up my team in Alpha Sapphire? Because I'm waiting for the scans to pop up. Ugh.
Is this normal?

D

Deleted member

So, there have been previews of SM and Gamexplain posted a video on their thoughts
But the most important thing is that we finally have the new Pokemon Center design and

It's beautiful, it really looks like an expansion from previous games unlike XY which seemed to just make it 3D
There's even a coffee shop and the PokeMart looks so pretty

D

Deleted member

So, there have been previews of SM and Gamexplain posted a video on their thoughts
But the most important thing is that we finally have the new Pokemon Center design and

It's beautiful, it really looks like an expansion from previous games unlike XY which seemed to just make it 3D
They did a really great job, I was getting tired of the standard pokemon center.

It seems rather comforting to me, it reminds me of some nice hotel lounges I've been to. In fact it makes me want to revisit Mammoth Mountain again for my birthday, which is after this game comes out. :p

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
This saddens me.
dont worry dont worry, its alright, its alright

I like that, I love the wooden floors

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

It looks pretty nice, although the main booth looks a little out of place imo.

I wonder if it's centered though and if there is anything else behind it. It kind of looks like that to me....

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

This is definitely more aesthetically pleasing than the last two generations of Pokemon Centers and Pokemarts forcefully rammed together.

I think one of my main issues was that it didn't feel like the two were really combined in a way that felt like it. . .belonged, and while this isn't quite what I imagined the perfect combination to be, the overall feel works much better than before in that it seems something along the lines of an actual place you'd visit on a vacation. Visitor center, rest stop, hotel lobby, etc. Just replace the help/receptionist's desk with the healing station and that's the general image it gives.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
welp...I'm tired of waiting, I'm gonna clean the give the floors a sweep and mop and I'm expecting to see a majestic Griffin when I return...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Y'know

Out of context this looks like really terrible clickbait.

But Gamexplain's thumbnails are awesome.

Remember when they've had a fat Snorlax for the Pokémon GO McDonald's collaboration (which should have been an international thing)?

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just woke up so I dunno how late I am to the Alolan Grimer reveal. But here's my thoughts.

Poison/Dark? Ho-o-ly **** that's an awesome typing. Would of preferred it on Arbok, but so be it. Anyways, the reason why its a good typing is because it only has one weakness, being Ground, and depending on how bulky Alolan Grimer is, just slap an Air Balloon on it.

Again, this is ANOTHER direct upgrade versus the original. Lol seriously GF

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I love Alolan Grimer's colouring.

Dark and Yellow is the most common natural pattern that screams "This animal is poisonous." Maybe the backstory goes that Alolan grimer evolved its poison naturally, as opposed to born from industrial sludge.

D

Deleted member

Changed my icon to reflect my feelings on the fact it's been 9 HOURS since the first scan popped up and we still don't have the rest of the scans. Sorry if I come off as an impatient, immature child but I am not a patient person.

I'll change back once we get the rest of the scans.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
https://mobile.twitter.com/NicoCVV?p=s
Ever heard of this guy? He made the 'Porygon HD, Bounsalty, I main every character' joke leaks and more. After his recent tweets, I have good enough reason to believe the scan is fake.
All the screenshots of gameplay were in trailers
Refusing to show more than one page despite claiming to have more exciting news that you'd take a pic of
Type Nina evolves according to this, right? But...That contradicts the last issue of CoroCoro, "Type Nina's TRUE power"

D

Deleted member

https://mobile.twitter.com/NicoCVV?p=s
Ever heard of this guy? He made the 'Porygon HD, Bounsalty, I main every character' joke leaks and more. After his recent tweets, I have good enough reason to believe the scan is fake.
All the screenshots of gameplay were in trailers
Refusing to show more than one page despite claiming to have more exciting news that you'd take a pic of
Type Nina evolves according to this, right? But...That contradicts the last issue of CoroCoro, "Type Nina's TRUE power"
Serebii put the Grimer scan on the main page and mentioned Jangmo-o's and Type: Null's evos, if SEREBII thinks it's credible, it's mostly likely:
CONFIRMED
ONFIRMED
NFIRMED
FIRMED
IRMED
RMED
MED
ED
D

Here's my favorite Pokemon of each type:

Great, Poke Center and Mart have been merged again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've evolved my Spewpa and got to the spinning city of spiny-spins
Had forgotten you got one of the Kanto starters lol, got Bulbasaur as the other two types re already covered and named him Kakyoin
Can I get some new clothes now?
Here's my favorite Pokemon of each type:

Great, Poke Center and Mart have been merged again.
They... have always been? Unless you mean ORAS in which case it wasn't an intentional design choice
I know, but hasn't Merrick been fooled before?
No, afaik

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There were only two times I remember Serebii being incorrect. Funnily enough, both happened during BW.

One was them listing Alomomola as a Luvdisc evolution during pre-release (to be fair, a reasonable assumption), and the other was including a fake leaked Grass Pokémon among the lineup from a blurry screenshot, seen here.

D

Deleted member

There were only two times I remember Serebii being incorrect. Funnily enough, both happened during BW.

One was them listing Alomomola as a Luvdisc evolution during pre-release (to be fair, a reasonable assumption), and the other was including a fake leaked Grass Pokémon among the lineup from a blurry screenshot, seen here.
BW was probably the weirdest pre-release
I still remember someone trying to disprove the final starter evos by saying he made them and designed them after other Pokemon(such as Emboar coming from Rhyperior)
I don't remember that pic though, but I'd probably have believed it if I had seen it

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
BW was probably the weirdest pre-release
I still remember someone trying to disprove the final starter evos by saying he made them and designed them after other Pokemon(such as Emboar coming from Rhyperior)
I don't remember that pic though, but I'd probably have believed it if I had seen it
Do you mean this one?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I still don't see no Griffins :glare:

But in all honesty we just need to be patient...Remember Pyukumuku was first leaked from corocoro a day after the same Corocoro was initially leaked...so we may see the scans within the day at least...But I am honestly curious what Jangmo-o's evolutions will look like...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So what's the story behind Grimer's Alolan variant going to be?
Also the design isn't too different from a normal Grimer. Guess there's only so much you can change with a pile of sludge.
There's a lot they could have done. In fact here's my interpretation:
Alolan Grimer and Muk.png

Type: Water Poison

Story:
When brought to the Alola region, Grimmer and Muk slowly began to change. The fresh air, and lack of burning of fossil fuels cause a change in their appearance and gene structure. The two, began to be cleansed of their toxic sludge, however a problem arose.

Something went wrong with their genetics and they began to react badly to the purification. Parts of their sludge slightly remained, and the core began to change. Grimer slowly became corrupted and parts of it body began oozing a strange yellow substance. To protect the environment, the people of Alola pushed back the creatures into caves. This way they wouldn't be able to cause as much damage. Wild Pokemon adapted to this and learned to coexist with them.

In order to see in the darkness of caves, the grimer's eyes somehow changed to a bright red and they were able to light up the darkness. They live in peace in caves and are said to still be playful unless made angry.

Researchers theorize that perhaps if their bond with a trainer is strong enough, they can overcome the corruption and live in a stable manner for the rest of their days.

This look so good now! Everything is ordered nicely and really well designed!

Changed my icon to reflect my feelings on the fact it's been 9 HOURS since the first scan popped up and we still don't have the rest of the scans. Sorry if I come off as an impatient, immature child but I am not a patient person.

I'll change back once we get the rest of the scans.
This leakers kind of scummy.

He was like "Fine, have some pity, take a page. You'll get the rest when I feel like it." Don't see why he couldn't have leaked it all at once.

There's been a few others, such as ilulmious being a ledbya evolution, or shellos evolves into lapras, but those were very minor, a bigger one was when he fell for this convincing fake during the BW era:

To note, Type: Null Corocoro news WAS confirmed by the company weeks back so odds are this is real.
Yes, but knowing that, the guy could make up info that seems convincing. Don't see wht he would though, but it's also strange to not post the other pages.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There's a lot they could have done. In fact here's my interpretation:
View attachment 118858

Type: Water Poison

Story:
When brought to the Alola region, Grimmer and Muk slowly began to change. The fresh air, and lack of burning of fossil fuels cause a change in their appearance and gene structure. The two, began to be cleansed of their toxic sludge, however a problem arose.

Something went wrong with their genetics and they began to react badly to the purification. Parts of their sludge slightly remained, and the core began to change. Grimer slowly became corrupted and parts of it body began oozing a strange yellow substance. To protect the environment, the people of Alola pushed back the creatures into caves. This way they wouldn't be able to cause as much damage. Wild Pokemon adapted to this and learned to coexist with them.

In order to see in the darkness of caves, the grimer's eyes somehow changed to a bright red and they were able to light up the darkness. They live in peace in caves and are said to still be playful unless made angry.

Researchers theorize that perhaps if their bond with a trainer is strong enough, they can overcome the corruption and live in a stable manner for the rest of their days.

This look so good now! Everything is ordered nicely and really well designed!

This leakers kind of scummy.

He was like "Fine, have some pity, take a page. You'll get the rest when I feel like it." Don't see why he couldn't have leaked it all at once.

There's been a few others, such as ilulmious being a ledbya evolution, or shellos evolves into lapras, but those were very minor, a bigger one was when he fell for this convincing fake during the BW era:

Yes, but knowing that, the guy could make up info that seems convincing. Don't see wht he would though, but it's also strange to not post the other pages.
Did serebii actually cover the cactus owl one though?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If he was the kind of guy to make up ****, then Joe wouldn't be working with him.

Technical/human difficulty. Calling it. We've had late Corocoro news before.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Watch this be like the infamous Tomodachi Life PotD incident all over again. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.