• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
This is gonna be so good.

The Chinese leak did get that detail wrong though, as it mentions Ash-Greninja as an example of a Pokemon changing shape via Z-Crystal. As of now we have no form changing Z-Crystals and Greninja changes form via Ability. It could still happen, but I'm not holding my breath.

As for version exclusive forms, you got me there. I feel it's 50/50 at this point, with what Riddler saying awhile back that "Rockruff and *beep* share a secret" and now this. I also feel the starters having alternate version forms feels a bit too much, even if Gamefreak did say these games would have more aggressive version differences.

Which one because the one where the guy got some Alolan form types wrong mentions nothing about Z-Crystals changing form and even says they have nothing to do with "Synchro".
Does the *beep* could be Salandite? I mean, didn't riddler posted recently four pictures that could hint toward it's evolution?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
@Azure Star Warrior
Shame what happen to you. Hope you and your family gets through this. Just take a break and just hold on.

Hope everything comes out okay, bro

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I dunno if I should buy sister location first or watch Markiplier first

FNAF is kind of easier knowing what to do from the start

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Day 8: Ba'al Turtle Dove

This bride lacks a few key features... like... flesh? A wild fight with a delightfully epic and twisted theme.

The threat of three thrives there...
Ghost and ghouls, but not one lion, tiger or bear.
Don't miss your bus.

A Distant Demon A Distant Demon wins today's point! Looks like Opossum won't take the prize for free!
The Ghostbusters theme.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I dunno if I should buy sister location first or watch Markiplier first

FNAF is kind of easier knowing what to do from the start
I'm watching his second video on it right now. The first level is highly tutorial like and the game got a little touch of humor that doesn't hurt the scare factor at all. I think it depends wether or not you want to discover the story by yourself or via third party.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I made another Smash Bros. Moveset, this time for Starfy!
Super Smash Bros
Starfy Moveset

Jab: Starfy does a quick star spin. This has a suction effect and virtually no end lag, allowing for it to be done in quick succession to rack up damage quickly.
Dash: Starfy starts running and falls flat on his face, skidding into foes.

Up Tilt: Starfy leaps in the air and spins.
Side Tilt: Starfy extends his arms outward and slaps the foe twice. Low range, decent knock back.
Down Tilt: Starfy crouches and slaps in front of him with his forelimbs.

Up Smash: A geyser erupts underneath Starfy, launching him upwards into foes.
Side Smash: Starfy performs the Ultra Star Spin and corkscrews forward a bit.
Down Smash: Starfy takes a nod from Starly and performs the Low Spin.

Neutral Aerial: Starfy performs an aerial star spin that acts like his jab, similar to Mega Man.
Forward Aerial: Starfy does a midair cartwheel that hits multiple times.
Backward Aerial: Starfy flops backwards and smacks the foe with a pork cutlet.
Up Aerial: Starfy waves, similarly to Peach's, but hits twice.
Down Aerial: Starfy performs the Shooting Star, rocketing downwards. If it hits, Starfy regains a jump. If not, Starfy SD's.

Pummel: Starfy grabs, then playfully slaps the opponent.
Forward Throw: Starfy does a Super Star Spin and knocks foes forward.
Up Throw: Similar to Mario's BThrow, Starfy spins around and tosses foes up.
Back Throw: Starfy suplexes the foe.
Down Throw: Starfy jumps and body slams onto the opponent.

Neutral Special: Monstar - Starfy quickly dons the Monstar suit and launches three Starfy-sized fireballs at the foe.
Side Special: Starpedo - Starfy dons the Starpedo suit and dashes forward with a giant icicle to impale foes. Useful for recovery and combo continuation, as there's virtually no end lag.
Up Special: Starfright - Starfy dons the Starfright suit and gets momentary free flight. Pressing the attack button while flying releases up to three will-o-wisps that linger and damage foes.
Down Special: Roostar - Starfy dons the Roostar suit and can charge up a Big Bug-Awwk, which creates a sonic circle around Starfy briefly. Foes within the circle are damaged, but those on the outside are pushed far away by the sound wave. Useful for edge guarding.

Final Smash: Legendary Starfy - Starfy goes super saiyan and flies into space. With all his might, he pushes the moon, knocking it out of orbit and slamming it into the foe.

Play style: Starfy's moves have little lag, but are weak. However, he is a versatile combo character with great air game, up there with Ryu as far as combo ability, allowing for most of his damage to be done through short range combos. As an added mechanic, Starfy can hold the jump button to glide back to the stage, done similarly to Peach's parasol floating after using her Up Special. Starfy's main drawback is that he is among the lightest characters in the game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There'll be a show previewing the Su&Mo anime on the 16th so lets' see if they can explain why... well, everything.

Burruni

Smash Hero
HAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHA
SO.
I've been trying to at least get one Pokemon of every evolutionary line between the Gen 6 games and a (soon to start) VC run of Blue so I can have a full dex in Gen 7.

And uhm. I finally got a mirage island with Venomoths.
First one I encounter?

WELL OKAY THEN

edit: To gather list
Mew (The glitch still works)
Meowth (Easy to get in Blue)
Volcanion (2 more days)
And lastly....
One
Last
A-hole

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
@Azure Star Warrior *hug* *big hug* *group hug*
I made another Smash Bros. Moveset, this time for Starfy!
Super Smash Bros
Starfy Moveset

Jab: Starfy does a quick star spin. This has a suction effect and virtually no end lag, allowing for it to be done in quick succession to rack up damage quickly.
Dash: Starfy starts running and falls flat on his face, skidding into foes.

Up Tilt: Starfy leaps in the air and spins.
Side Tilt: Starfy extends his arms outward and slaps the foe twice. Low range, decent knock back.
Down Tilt: Starfy crouches and slaps in front of him with his forelimbs.

Up Smash: A geyser erupts underneath Starfy, launching him upwards into foes.
Side Smash: Starfy performs the Ultra Star Spin and corkscrews forward a bit.
Down Smash: Starfy takes a nod from Starly and performs the Low Spin.

Neutral Aerial: Starfy performs an aerial star spin that acts like his jab, similar to Mega Man.
Forward Aerial: Starfy does a midair cartwheel that hits multiple times.
Backward Aerial: Starfy flops backwards and smacks the foe with a pork cutlet.
Up Aerial: Starfy waves, similarly to Peach's, but hits twice.
Down Aerial: Starfy performs the Shooting Star, rocketing downwards. If it hits, Starfy regains a jump. If not, Starfy SD's.

Pummel: Starfy grabs, then playfully slaps the opponent.
Forward Throw: Starfy does a Super Star Spin and knocks foes forward.
Up Throw: Similar to Mario's BThrow, Starfy spins around and tosses foes up.
Back Throw: Starfy suplexes the foe.
Down Throw: Starfy jumps and body slams onto the opponent.

Neutral Special: Monstar - Starfy quickly dons the Monstar suit and launches three Starfy-sized fireballs at the foe.
Side Special: Starpedo - Starfy dons the Starpedo suit and dashes forward with a giant icicle to impale foes. Useful for recovery and combo continuation, as there's virtually no end lag.
Up Special: Starfright - Starfy dons the Starfright suit and gets momentary free flight. Pressing the attack button while flying releases up to three will-o-wisps that linger and damage foes.
Down Special: Roostar - Starfy dons the Roostar suit and can charge up a Big Bug-Awwk, which creates a sonic circle around Starfy briefly. Foes within the circle are damaged, but those on the outside are pushed far away by the sound wave. Useful for edge guarding.

Final Smash: Legendary Starfy - Starfy goes super saiyan and flies into space. With all his might, he pushes the moon, knocking it out of orbit and slamming it into the foe.

Play style: Starfy's moves have little lag, but are weak. However, he is a versatile combo character with great air game, up there with Ryu as far as combo ability, allowing for most of his damage to be done through short range combos. As an added mechanic, Starfy can hold the jump button to glide back to the stage, done similarly to Peach's parasol floating after using her Up Special. Starfy's main drawback is that he is among the lightest characters in the game.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. 0/10 no poop medal
I ****ing hate this piece of ****

I...I actually want to see this

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Burruni

Smash Hero
@Azure Star Warrior *hug* *big hug* *group hug*

I've said it before and I'll say it again. 0/10 no poop medal

I ****ing hate this piece of ****

I...I actually want to see this
Oh I hate it too.
Which is why I never caught it in HG/SS
But now I don't have them, Black or White.
Meaning the ONLY way for me to get them is one Mirage Mountain set up or GTS... which requires me "seeing" it.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Meaning the ONLY way for me to get them is one Mirage Mountain set up or GTS... which requires me "seeing" it.
Scroll all the way down to 'What Pokémon?' and you can spell the name itself, you don't need to have seen it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Thanks to a Birthday gift from a friend a while back, I'm finally getting to enjoy Shovel Knight!

The Lich Yard is my favorite stage so far, not a surprise given it's theme. Treasure's Knight's stage has been giving me trouble. Also not a surprise, because it's an underwater level, a kind of level that is pretty much my bane when it comes to video games.

Chrono.

Thanks to a Birthday gift from a friend a while back, I'm finally getting to enjoy Shovel Knight!

The Lich Yard is my favorite stage so far, not a surprise given it's theme. Treasure's Knight's stage has been giving me trouble. Also not a surprise, because it's an underwater level, a kind of level that is pretty much my bane when it comes to video games.
Wait until Propeller Knight's level for true frustration.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Wait until Propeller Knight's level for true frustration.
THERE'S A REASON PLAGUE OF SHADOWS GOT A PATCH THAT MADE PROPELLER KNIGHT LESS BULL****

I'm disappointed you didn't do this sooner

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I can't even imagine how nightmarish that level must be with Plague Knight... I gave up long before that.
I mean, I personally found the stage to be fair as it was the end of the game, but Plague Knight's weaponry isn't nearly as good unless you jump before lobbing your bombs. In which Propeller Knight could have an easy time knocking you into the pits. I dunno what they changed, but I'm glad they did. Stupid bisexual helicopter head...

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
That PR trailer looks like it has no self-awareness on how corny that stuff still looks even with a budget. Honestly they should have went with a more camp/tongue n cheek approach to the material.

Also Sombra looks a lot like Laura from SFV to me personally. Wonder if she has command grabs too.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Lemme guess, sky/airborn level with lots of bottomless pits?

Sky levels typically don't fare very well with me either....
On the bright side Butt Butt ditches lives for the Dark Souls system, and I personally see that as a good way to learn the stage, no game overs forcing you to go back to the beginning and learning how you screwed up makes you progress slowly but steadily!

Bananija

Count of Trickery
THERE'S A REASON PLAGUE OF SHADOWS GOT A PATCH THAT MADE PROPELLER KNIGHT LESS BULL****
Really? I didn't found it that hard. Maybe I played after the patch... When did they released it? It could also be because I was always using the gliding jump during my playthrought, so I died less.

And is it me or the bosses were way easier as Plague Knight than Butt Butt?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Really? I didn't found it that hard. Maybe I played after the patch... When did they released it? It could also be because I was always using the gliding jump during my playthrought, so I died less.

And is it me or the boss were way easier as Plague Knight than Butt Butt?
Yeah, you DEFINITELY got the patched version if Plague's version of the fight was easier. The patch made him much less aggressive iirc

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The was the ****tiest play of the game.

It was Lucio. He changed from speed to healing aoe walked away from team Roadhog, walked back to the payload, shot 2 sound blasts at a Pharah and then it ended.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Yeah, you DEFINITELY got the patched version if Plague's version of the fight was easier. The patch made him much less aggressive iirc
Oh wait! Now that you talked about, I remember having a hard time with Helicopter-Head. Unlike the other bosses, you couldn't just throw a lot of bomb and get it done because he was too fast.

I thought you said they patched the level at first. Sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom