• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You like Undertale despite that being meh in terms of gameplay. You'd probably end up enjoying Colour Splash
Oh wait, still too many Toads in the game. Though I can give them credit for trying to be unique with them.

Kind of fizzed out from Mario games that shove the mushroom headed fiend down our throats. But LonelyGoomba predicted it after all.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Unless the Toads in this game are memorable funny characters instead of generic wastes of space, there's no way in hell I'd touch Color Splash. The last thing I'd need is to repeat the same soulless generic experience like Sticker Star.

Nintendo's been a bit too Toad happy lately, especially when they are just thrown in for the sake of unfunny filler or giving the generic red ones too much attention. Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker was a step in the right direction and the Toads I previous Mario RPG's were at least different from one another. Funny how three RPG's (CS included) and an upcoming Mario Party is making me tired of the genderless mushroom capped little ****er. As if the Mario Kart franchise didn't make me hate Toad enough.

Now I'm suffering from serious Toad Fatigue thanks to Ninty. :urg:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
But the real question is whether this game is worth a miss like its predecessor Sticker Star.
I've liked what I've seen of the game. The battle system is still not to my liking, but the writing is good, and they have been creative with the world.

I believe it's worth a try. It's definitely a step-up from Sticker Star.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Unless the Toads in this game are memorable funny characters instead of generic wastes of space, there's no way in hell I'd touch Color Splash. The last thing I'd need is to repeat the same soulless generic experience like Sticker Star.

Nintendo's been a bit too Toad happy lately, especially when they are just thrown in for the sake of unfunny filler or giving the generic red ones too much attention. Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker was a step in the right direction and the Toads I previous Mario RPG's were at least different from one another. Funny how three RPG's (CS included) and an upcoming Mario Party is making me tired of the genderless mushroom capped little ****er. As if the Mario Kart franchise didn't make me hate Toad enough.

Now I'm suffering from serious Toad Fatigue thanks to Ninty. :urg:
#Triggered

I've liked what I've seen of the game. The battle system is still not to my liking, but the writing is good, and they have been creative with the world.

I believe it's worth a try. It's definitely a step-up from Sticker Star.
Maybe it will be worth a shot in due time when my Wii U backlog is knocked down a notch. Still kind of far behind on Resident Evil and Super Mario 3D World (again).

Still not getting Star Rush though since I'd rather stick with the older Mario Parties.

Chrono.

After seeing GX's review I kinda regret not saving up cash for it.

But it's whatever, I don't care for Paper Mario that much and I can always buy it later.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Color Splash would be a good game that people loved if it played like Super Paper Mario

So they'll actually be a reason to play the game.

D

Deleted member

Starter Pokémon Discussion, huh ?

#1 - Blastoise
#2 - :4greninja:
#3 - Typhlosion
#4 - Swampert
#5 - Feraligatr
#6 - Venusaur
#7 - Samurott
#8 - Serperior
#9 - :4charizard:
#10 - Sceptile
#11 - Emboar
#12 - Meganium

#NotUsedYet - Blaziken, the Sinnoh trio, Chesnaught, Delphox

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So I finally made a Youtube account.
And I don't know where to start with it...:sadsheep:
I probably will only use it to post some comment here and there.

D

Deleted member

505 Games, a company that I've never heard of until now, will be publishing Bloodstained.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You should name him Tony the Tiger.

It would only make sense from there.
Tempting, but I can tell loads of other people would give Beltigre that name (if they still care for him). Same thing goes for Tekken's King.

Nobody would want to name their Pokemon "Tiger Mask", which is the ideal name for my Frosted Flakes heel.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I reset my game until I got a pokemon with the nature I wanted

X and Y didn't make it easy. You have to go through TONS and TONS of dialogue and give yourself a nickname and junk
.....you do know you can save BEFORE you get the pokemon and it resets the nature right?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

I like Entermaid and all, but this was too funny to pass on.

Beltigre's reaction gets me the most.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
To the 3 people who consider Kotaku a valid source

They just had an article about Popplio's ****ty evolution being hated for being feminine.
I don't like it at all, but not because it's feminine. Gardevoire's one of the most feminine pokemon out there and everyone loves it

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

They just had an article about Popplio's ****ty evolution being hated for being feminine.
I don't like it at all, but not because it's feminine. Gardevoire's one of the most feminine pokemon out there and everyone loves it
Even the Pokephiliacs unfortunately.

But hey, no exceptions on the Internet after all. :troll:

Chrono.

Anyone know what the constellation in the Marshadow box is?

I've definitely seen people complain that it looks feminine.

It's not really the biggest reason why it's hated on but it's there.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Wolverine 3 is officially called "Logan" and they've re-iterated that it's gonna be very bloody and violent.
Also his healing factor is worse because he's older.
And there's crowbars.
Half-Life 3 confirmed. kappa

D

Deleted member

Cheating Craft is actually kind of funny, and sad at the same time because it's relatable
"This is a work of fiction. Please do not try this at home. Cheating is wrong"

I've seen a lot of people complain about it because of that, either saying it should have a higher female ratio or a "male" form

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Day 5: Lavender Town

Probably the most infamous Nintendo track of all time. Disturbing and surreal... sweet dreams.

With much elegance
A specter steps through the notes
Joplin would be proud.

1. Charizard > Venusaur > Blastoise
2. Typhlosion > Feraligatr > Meganium
3. Sceptile > Blaziken > Swampert
4. Torterra > Empoleon > Infernape
5. Serperior > Serperior > Serperior
6. Greninja > Chesnaught = Delphox
7. Robingroot = Beltigre > Entermaid
Gonna go with Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor,

At first I was going to go with Phantom of the Opera, but I couldn't connect it to Janis Joplin. Tocatta and Dugue is a song often associated with Dracula, making it fitting for Halloween. Dracula is often portrayed as an elegant and sophisticated killer. He's undead, hence the specter. The notes don't refer to musical notes, but instead diary entries, the format in which Bram Stoker wrote Dracula. And the Joplin connection? Her hit song, Piece of My Heart.

Also what was the vigenere from yesterday supposed to be? I couldn't crack it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since we are rating the possibility of another Smash Ballot for the future, I can already tell there will be mixed reactions given how the last one went.

Not like I need to address the long legged elephant in the room.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
.....you do know you can save BEFORE you get the pokemon and it resets the nature right?
You save right before you walk up to the group of people, but because of the long dialogue they have you have to soft reset over and over again to get the right nature

Did you guys not soft reset for starter's nature? There is a long cut scene.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Since we are rating the possibility of another Smash Ballot for the future, I can already tell there will be mixed reactions given how the last one went.

I wonder if they'll ever release the full data. Or at least the top 10 by region.

Then we'll see just how much of an echo chamber we were stuck in when the big community picks are nowhere to be seen and we see how many voted for Spongebob and Monkey D. Luffy.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
You save right before you walk up to the group of people, but because of the long dialogue they have you have to soft reset over and over again to get the right nature

Did you guys not soft reset for starter's nature? There is a long cut scene.
you did say you have to put in your name so i assumed you started the game over
really its your fault for not saying nickname

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I wonder if they'll ever release the full data. Or at least the top 10 by region.

Then we'll see just how much of an echo chamber we were stuck in when the big community picks are nowhere to be seen and we see how many voted for Spongebob and Monkey D. Luffy.
I'm pretty sure there were more Dragon Ball Z fans in the West than One Piece.

Don't get me wrong though, I would be surprised if many Japanese fans did vote for the Strawhat captain.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
you did say you have to put in your name so i assumed you started the game over
really its your fault for not saying nickname
"I reset my game until I got a pokemon with the nature I wanted

X and Y didn't make it easy. You have to go through TONS and TONS of dialogue and give yourself a nickname and junk"

I DID say nickname

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I don't know whether or not they'll have another Ballot, ESPECIALLY considering how "well" this one went. Nintendo may not want to bother trying to repeat asking for the opinion of a fandom with myopia so bad that they assume that anything left to a vote HAS to me something they as an individual wanted and go into flat out denial when it turns out otherwise.

But I do get the feeling they'll at least be recycling the data from this one for the next round of newcomers, at least as a reference.

If they do have another Ballot in the future, then I agree that history will likely repeat itself. This fandom has a long and storied history of repeating the same situations over and over and over again and considering the aforementioned denial a whole lot of people refused to even learn a lesson out of the situation in the first place.

If we don't see another Ballot again, though, I'm guessing people will complain about that as well and ask why they aren't being listened to like they "deserve." I doubt many Smash fans have the capacity to be introspective and realize where the actual problem lies regardless of what happens. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom