• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

This was posted on 4chan almost a month ago, take with a grain of salt as always.

Real leaks;
-Around 85 new Pokemon, including at least 6 UBs, plus around 20 Alola Forms
-Starters do not have split forms, the leaked ones are real. Types are not as expected.
-Marshadow has a new type that is unique.
-Z-forms aren't really a thing, mostly.
-Ultra Beasts can be captured post-game, using special balls. You must enter the wormholes.They function in battle more or less like regular Pokemon and even have 'real' names.
-No Alolan form is locked behind QR.
-Over 25 cameos from previous versions.
-The up-coming demo will feature Ash's Greninja as a reward.
-Remaining Alola forms include Diglett, Ekans, Geodude, and Dodrio lines.

Notably it got one significant detail right, so maybe it's worth keeping an eye on.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Let's see...

I like all three starters of Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh and Alola.
Like 2 (Torchic and Treeko) of Johto and (Fennekin and Froakie) of Kalos.
Like only one of Unova (Snivy)

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
After looking at Poke Pelago in more detail, I actually like it a bit more now. It reminds me of the Digimon Farms from the story games where you could leave your Digimon in an area where they could train and do other activities to be boosted up and get items/money, which makes the whole box system much more involved. It seems like it's trying to breathe life into an old system, which I do like since it's a good idea to evolve it and make it more lively.

I didn't have any trouble with Serperior either during my White playthrough.

Maybe I'm the odd one.
I found it works decently well with Coil sets in the main game, though I will admit there were times I wished it had another move for coverage.

This could actually be a good discussion point. Here's how I'd rank them:

Regions where I liked All Three Starters:
Sinnoh

Regions where I liked Two of the Three Starters:
Kanto (Charizard aside), Hoenn (Blaziken aside), Unova (Serperior aside), Kalos (Delphox aside), Alola (Beltigre aside, design-wise)

Regions where I only liked One Starter:
Johto (Literally only like Typhlosion, sorry Feraligatr fans and Meganium fan)

Luckily there wasn't a region where I hated all three. Based on this, I'd rank Sinnoh the best, Johto the worst.
Just going by final evolutions:

Regions where I liked all three:
Kalos
Sinnoh
Johto

Regions where I liked two of the starters:
Kanto (Venusaur aside), Hoenn (Swampert aside, though it's Mega Evolution is good), Alola (El Tigre aside), Unova (Emboar aside)

Regions where I liked only one of them:
None so far.

Though admittedly, with Johto, it's more a case of I like two (Feraligatr and Typhlosion) and I'm OK with the third (Meganium), but I put it in the top position as I don't think my neutral position on Meganium is enough to drag it down to the next tier.

This was posted on 4chan almost a month ago, take with a grain of salt as always.

Real leaks;
-Starters do not have split forms, the leaked ones are real. Types are not as expected.
-Ultra Beasts can be captured post-game, using special balls. You must enter the wormholes.They function in battle more or less like regular Pokemon and even have 'real' names.

Notably it got one significant detail right, so maybe it's worth keeping an eye on.
The only thing that keeps me from fully believing it is the Marshadow detail as I doubt they'd bring in a new type and not use it at all outside of one new Pokémon. Getting Ash-Greninja and the demo right is a good point in its favor though, so I'll keep an eye on it for now.

If it comes to pass, I'll be overall fine with it as aside from the starter split evolutions (which I am about 50/50 on that being real) and maybe the amount of new Pokemon, most of these ideas sound good.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Real leaks;

The remaining alolan forms aren't really exciting

It's like gamefreak picked the most boring pokemon to make alolan forms from

They are lucky I actually quite like Sandslash but he's still not that great

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Real leaks;

inb4 Rowlett ends up grass/fairy because you know, archers. Elfs are normaly archers. elves are also faires.

Idk what Im talking about or if it makes sense

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Real leaks;

I want a short stubby Kiwi Doduo and Tall buff Moa Dodrio!!

D

Deleted member

I think that's the point: giving boring Pokémon a new spotlight.
They did it last gen with Charizard and Mewtwo as well.
Pretty much, which is probaby one of the reasons why Alolan forms are gen 1 pokemon. The bulk of gen 1 pokemon are pretty boring anyway to be honest, only looked fondly over other filler bulk pokemon because they're the first gen, of course. And it seems like that's why they're getting Alolan forms anyway.

That would also explain why the more interesting pokemon of gen 1 haven't been getting them, an Alolan Arcanine, Rhyhorn line, or Nido line, for a few examples, would be pretty great. Though I am still excited to see what they have more of, even the ones listed there have me pretty interested.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Finally free! Time to post my full thoughts about today's news.

I was expecting the starters to be revealed some time in October after not receiving news last month. It's much like the X/Y starters where their first stage evolutions were revealed one month before the games were released.

As for the three newly revealed Pokemon, I think they all look great. Definitely tied with Hoenn for having my favorite middle stage starter evolutions as a whole. Dartrix has a sophisticated and neat look, and the expressions it makes are pretty funny. This Pokemon seems to concerned about how clean and groomed its feathers. I get this image that Dartrix acts like a rich fella', and I have a theory how its evolution could tie into Robinroot based on that description.

Torracat looks cool too. One thing that really caught my attention is that if you try to pet the flame sac on its neck through Pokemon Refresh, the hand gets a "burned" reaction. Very nice touch since it reflects at how hot it is.

Brionne is very adorable. I thought it was pretty cute how it at that Pokebean in the Pokemon Refresh feature. It also looks like the perfect missing link between Popplio and Entermaid. Entermaid's design has been growing on me, so seeing how the middle stage looks like makes me glad I'll stick with Team Popplio for my first run. I think I'll go with Robinroot in a future playthrough because it's design has also been growing on me (I also don't want two Grass-types on my team for the sake of team balance; I'm already planning on having Lurantis on my team).

Festival Plaza reminds me of Platinum, HearGold/SoulSilver's Wifi Plaza mixed with that one Black2/White2 feature where you had that one street accessible through a local connection where people can set up shops so that you can buy valuable goodies or train your Pokemon in some way. I think I'll get used to it. I thought the Wifi Plaza was a really fun feature, while the B2/W2 wireless street feature was great for getting certain items.

I like the idea of Poke Pelago. No longer do you have to worry about the thought of keeping Pokemon trapped in a computer for the rest of their time. They can have fun while not being on your team! I also like how you can train Pokemon in your boxes without having to put them on your team using this feature, not to mention having a new way to receive rare items is a nice little thing to. Glad we're getting a demo for Sun and Moon as well.

And the best news for last... holy cow, Ash-Greninja is officially canon to the games!

*insert reaction gif but couldn't go through because image uploader is broken atm*

As someone whose second favorite Pokemon is Greninja, is part of the minority that loves Ash-Greninja's design, and was worried said form was going to be anime exclusive, you don't know how happy this makes me! I honestly can't wait to use Ash-Greninja on my team! I bet it's going to have some really great stats despite the lack of Protean!

And no Mega Evolutions for VGC 2017? That's a bit surprising. I'm curious to see what Pokemon will become more popular for this format with the lack of Megas.

This could actually be a good discussion point. Here's how I'd rank them:

Sinnoh

Kanto (Charizard aside), Hoenn (Blaziken aside), Unova (Serperior aside), Kalos (Delphox aside), Alola (Beltigre aside, design-wise)

Johto (Literally only like Typhlosion, sorry Feraligatr fans and Meganium fan)

Luckily there wasn't a region where I hated all three. Based on this, I'd rank Sinnoh the best, Johto the worst.
Regions where I liked all three starters:
Sinnoh and Johto (I think all three Johto starters look great, but none of the three strike me as "favorites" compared to other Pokemon)

Regions where I liked two of the starters:
Hoenn (Sceptile aside as I have never been too attached to the Pokemon, though I think it's a cool-looking on its own right), Unova (Emboar aside)

Regions where I like only one starter:
Kalos (Delphox just doesn't do it for me; I don't think Chesnaught is as bad, but it doesn't catch my interest very much), Kanto (only liked Blastoise design wise),

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I fail to see how Samurott is over-designed. It's a samurai otter with a conch helmet.

D

Deleted member

I must be the weird one here because I hate all of the Sinnoh starters(with Infernape the worst overall starter imo) and liking all the Unova ones
I'm indifferent towards all the Kanto starters, like all of the Hoenn ones and the two Johto ones and I like both Greninja and Chesnaught while indifferent towards Delphox
And I'm liking all of the Alola ones currently
I can somewhat see it...

I still like my Cryptids theory though (Rowlet-Owlman; Litten-Weretiger; Popplio-Mermaid) to match up with Lycanroc being a Werewolf...but then again I'm biased towards cryptids or mythical beings in general, so...
As long as you name Litten Atsushi...

Soul.

Starter evolutions definitely look like the leaked final stages, especially Brionne (it's cute!). Dartrix and Torracat are pretty cool too. Ash-Greninja was a given due to the reliable Chinese leak and well... unless Battle Bond is good/Ash-Greninja itself has a noticeable stat increase the base form will almost always run Protean.

Mega Evolution coming back was also a given; still good to see it come back. Though since you buy most Mega Stones with BP, I wonder if you'll be able to get Move Tutors in Sun and Moon. Probably not but eh we'll see.

By far the best part tho:

Players can now try out competitive Pokémon by virtue of QR Rental Teams. Like, holy ****. This is amazing especially if you don't feel like making a team and just want to play.

Can't wait for the demo on the 18th. Base stats/Abilities hype

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anyone free to help me trade-evolve a few Pokémon for Dex purposes? :p Just a few trades/trade backs.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I must be the weird one here because I hate all of the Sinnoh starters(with Infernape the worst overall starter imo) and liking all the Unova ones
I'm indifferent towards all the Kanto starters, like all of the Hoenn ones and the two Johto ones and I like both Greninja and Chesnaught while indifferent towards Delphox
And I'm liking all of the Alola ones currently

As long as you name Litten Atsushi...
Well the thing is, Empoleon has the typing I've always wished Blastoise had. Super defensive typing

Torterra is a grass type with a VAST coverage, despite being slow he's very useful in game. Earthquake, Wood Hammer, Stone Edge, Super Power - compare that with Serperior who only gets Normal and Grass attacks. Plus he's a turtle/ nodosaurus

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I can do that.
Awesome! Just added you.

Just gotta evolve my Onix, Slowpoke, Phantump, two Clamperls, Boldore, and Gurdurr.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
New discussion relevant to today's announcements...
Top 5 Starter Middle Stages

5-Monferno
4-Bayleef
3-Quilava
2-Grovyle
1-Frogadier

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You could also have traded one of them for the Machamp. It goes faster that way. :p
I just didn't want you to think I was stealing Spritzee or something. :laugh: Will do.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

5-Monferno
4-Bayleef
3-Quilava
2-Grovyle
1-Frogadier
Been trying to avoid the recent announcement, so my Top 5 will not include the Gen 7 starter middle stages.
1) Bayleef
2) Grovyle
3) Croconaw
4) Quilava
5) Charmeleon

Chrono.

Johto, Kalos (Delphox kinda pushes it though), Hoenn

Kanto (**** Charizard), Unova (**** Samurott)

Sinnoh (Empoleon is my favorite of them but I honestly find all Gen 4 starters to be painfully boring), Alola (Litten is the only one hitting the right notes for me)
The only thing that keeps me from fully believing it is the Marshadow detail as I doubt they'd bring in a new type and not use it at all outside of one new Pokémon. Getting Ash-Greninja and the demo right is a good point in its favor though, so I'll keep an eye on it for now.

If it comes to pass, I'll be overall fine with it as aside from the starter split evolutions (which I am about 50/50 on that being real) and maybe the amount of new Pokemon, most of these ideas sound good.
I hadn't noticed the Marshadow part, I just kinda skimmed it and thought it said unique dual type. But yeah, that definitely casts a lot doubt.

Can't say much about the rest, though getting less than 90 mons would be disappointing and I, personally, don't find Alolan forms to be a replacement.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

5-Monferno
4-Bayleef
3-Quilava
2-Grovyle
1-Frogadier
This is a tough one

1) Wartortle
2) Ivysaur
3) Braixin
4) Frogadier
5) Pignite

Maybe Charmeleon and Croconaw replacing one of those

Chrono.

5-Monferno
4-Bayleef
3-Quilava
2-Grovyle
1-Frogadier
  1. Quilava
  2. Torracat
  3. Dewott
  4. Braixen
  5. Charmeleon
...Wait most of these are Fire starters.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

5-Monferno
4-Bayleef
3-Quilava
2-Grovyle
1-Frogadier
5 - Quilava
4 - Frogadier
3 - Prinplup
2 - Dewott
1 - Ivysaur

Been trying to think of a nickname for Litten's final evo based on a wrestler and the best I could think of would be Big SHow but that wouldn't really fit.

Then it hit me and I realized I was an idiot because Kane exists. A big wrestler all about hellFIRE.

The way y'all are doing starter trio rankings would be too awkward for me so I will do each starter individually. :p
Kanto: Only really like bulbasaur line. Squirtle is ok and in my last run I specifically used charmander so I could say I used all 3 but he wound up getting replaced by Ninetails. . .

Johto: only like chikorita. Cyndaquil is nice but typhlosion and quilava look SUPER weird to me. Totodile is the onyl one I like out of his line

Hoenn: Liek the mudkip line a lot. Blaziken and sceptile are pretty good too but bad history makes it hard to love sceptile.

Sinnoh: Love all 3 to death. All are super fun to use and all have amazing designs. Torterra is my favorite starter of all time. If it were't for Alola this would be guaranteed to be my favorite group.

Unova: Samurott is a samurai. He has water swords. That's cool. Oshawott is a mess though. Don't like the other two.

Kalos: I kind of sort of like chesnaught and like Geninja. Easily my least favorite starters of all time.

La la la alola: Love them all. Depending on how they look and Litten's final type depends on if they are my new favorite or second favorite.
Right now it's Litten line>popplio line> rowlet line

As for mid evos

1. :153:
2. :002:
3. Monferno
4. Marshtomp
5. Dewott

:061:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
  1. Quilava
  2. Torracat
  3. Dewott
  4. Braixen
  5. Charmeleon
...Wait most of these are Fire starters.
I hada lot of fire starters in the middle too.

I don't like fire starters overall. But middle evolutions usually look really awkward, and I don't usually like them

You also spend the least amount of time with them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom