• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/d593605e9d5aebce63f122bc9a752e88/tumblr_oej100nDUP1qgfb28o1_500.jpg
lol
I need fanart of Dartrix, stat
You're in luck I just got out of class

https://67.media.tumblr.com/0d91e1af0b491899136b27ac05115fd8/tumblr_oej1ga6Q621ty9rloo3_500.png
https://68.media.tumblr.com/2cbe9c6915505b2c401457f5fdbff146/tumblr_oej1ga6Q621ty9rloo1_1280.png
https://68.media.tumblr.com/f14f0c1831e575b7c87b75784dadd421/tumblr_oej1ga6Q621ty9rloo2_1280.png

https://66.media.tumblr.com/1dfb1934aee34e0d928fcea54cf40dc1/tumblr_oej25uFnzB1skoy7ho1_500.png

https://66.media.tumblr.com/0c7c61cad410351f95f2772bfc6acc8c/tumblr_oej0cf8lqm1rbyrt8o1_500.png
https://68.media.tumblr.com/87fcc21525fe3c3d88b4431ca70a9a1c/tumblr_oej07xA8AX1twuowdo1_500.jpg
https://68.media.tumblr.com/4a491c0224d6c9b3b9c752e3867482d7/tumblr_oej5whF7Ra1ubfepko1_500.png
https://66.media.tumblr.com/4199964b546b9e1e0352097886896f7f/tumblr_oej4i99O4T1tyhxbyo1_1280.png
https://66.media.tumblr.com/a3bdadc5ef17920f66273e67cc5a1cd9/tumblr_oej4i99O4T1tyhxbyo2_1280.png
https://67.media.tumblr.com/94282b3c25ab0cf7bcc23da6b3298423/tumblr_oej4i99O4T1tyhxbyo3_1280.png
https://68.media.tumblr.com/071ae3182df77f7f8b5499c5865ac227/tumblr_oej5bgBuIr1shxp48o1_500.png
https://67.media.tumblr.com/97eae4f5719b8c5b893c90e33b6b9181/tumblr_oej3lkUotN1u2zox2o1_500.png
https://68.media.tumblr.com/31bcbdc061c0cd98d55dcc94bc15beb1/tumblr_oej1svZNzM1u9ou4ro1_500.png
https://68.media.tumblr.com/d28ff0c0a09763f8e36779fc6568f987/tumblr_oej4tvRw3F1u89bkvo1_500.png
https://66.media.tumblr.com/8167f8dfc7f8f60a56d7759496350281/tumblr_oej08rXxmy1uhmooio1_500.png
https://66.media.tumblr.com/45018a39461956d0132544b12bed301a/tumblr_oej4cpq9Uj1sfihfho1_500.png
Tumblr seems to really like Brionne floowed by torracat followed by Dartrix but all 3 are getting a ****-ton of love

EDIT *screams*
stupid image uploader. . .
:061:

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Every single image is failing.

It's the same in my social group...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just realised that the final forms still fit the RPG classes, somewhat
Rowlett is an Archer
Litten is a Fighter/Monk
Popplio is a Bard
I also wonder if they'll get signature moves, all starters have gotten one since Gen 3(except the Gen 4 ones) though they later lost that status

Also also
"Brionne always acts cheery and positive. Even when it’s feeling sad, this Pokémon doesn’t allow its sorrow to show. It’s said that Brionne will only reveal a sad expression to a Pokémon or Trainer to whom it has opened its heart completely."
Most relatable Pokemon 11/10
Good, now Beltigre is good as confirmed. That's all I need.

Meanwhile, the Popplio Defense Force is dying because of Popplio's ugly evolutions. How sad.
>Brionne
>Ugly
*input reaction pic because uploader is broken*

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Rowlet getting a good evo makes me happy.

Anyway,

Day 4: Halloween (1978) Main Theme

An actually good slasher flick?! And a really tense theme to go with it!? John Carpenter makes things go bump in the night with his main theme for Halloween.

A theme to keep you awake... and put you to sleep!

Quite the botanical puzzle. Just remember C57SWC, and Keyed Vigenere!

Opossum Opossum guessed this one correctly!

That means that he gets the first "point"... whoever gets the most? $10 on the eshop. (sorry non-US friends)

Can you see through my trick to get the "treat"?
For the life of me I can't figure out the key for the vigenere cipher. Tried letter substituting the 57, putting it through a Caesar beforehand, everything...so I'll say Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

------
Starters!

Awwww Brionne is so cute.
I don't see how people don't realize Dartrix is connected to Robinhoot. It throws leaf darts...it's right in the name. It's even got the same inner wing/ammo pocket design Robinhoot has.
Watch Beltigre be Fire/Fighting despite being a heel. I'd laugh. :p

Festival thing looks fun! Kinda like the Joint Avenue of BW2.

Stuff for PC Pokémon! Nice.

Ash-Greninja! Kinda wish they renamed it but whatever.

Megas return! ...but banned at VGC. Guess that means no new Megas this gen.

All in all good stuff. Can't wait for the demo.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
For those who try and solve the Halloween riddle, the number-letter string will come out as another number-letter string. It represents something.

The key for the Cypher is in the spoiler.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Killer Instinct comics inbound
http://www.ultra-combo.com/killer-instinct-comic-series-announced/

Starters don't look anything special at all, kinda what I expected in a way.

Dartrix
Dartrix is extremely sensitive to other presences in the area and can detect opponents behind it and throw feathers to strike them without even seeing them. This Pokémon conceals sharp-bladed feathers inside its wings, showing astounding precision as it sends them flying in attack. And it goes beyond propelling its blade quills in simple straight lines—it can even bend these feathers to change their trajectories!

Revealing a certain snobbiness in its personality, Dartrix cares a great deal about its appearance, grooming its feathers in every spare moment. In truth, it’s also a bit of a birdbrain, with a tendency to bungle things up. Once it makes a mistake, it sometimes gets into a desperate struggle to gloss over the situation and ends up making a bigger mess than ever.

At times, this Pokémon feels so bothered by its dirty or ruffled feathers that it can’t focus on battle. When it loses its focus, it sometimes even retires from the battle on the spot! It’s up to each Trainer to help Dartrix overcome this troublesome stage. If this Pokémon is with a Trainer who helps it through, its strength will grow hugely!
Let's see: Shinon, "NOHRIAN SCUM!", Innes, Mark Nutt, Torque, Theron. Plenty of names for this.

Torracat
The bell-like object attached at the base of Torracat’s neck is a flame sac, an organ that can produce flames. Torracat’s emotions cause a rise in the organ’s temperature, and when the organ spits flames, it rings with the high, clear sound of a bell. Torracat attacks using the flames emitted from this bell.

Torracat’s mane serves as an excellent sensory organ, and it can sense what’s going on around it—even in the dark! It can also detect the presence of hidden enemies.

Torracat has a great love for battle and will attack so relentlessly that its opponents lose the will to fight. And yet it sometimes behaves like spoiled child in front of Trainers or Pokémon with whom it has built a relationship of trust.

The cat punch that this Pokémon can dish out with its strong forelegs is extremely powerful. It can bend iron bars and knock out large men with a single blow!
I got nothing, don't care either.

Brionne
Brionne learns its dances by imitating the other members of its colony. It sometimes even learns dances from humans. This Pokémon is a hard worker and pours itself into its efforts until it has memorized each dance. As it dances, Brionne creates balloon after balloon. In battle, it first sends its opponent into disarray with its dancing, and then slaps its balloons into its target, causing the balloons to explode and deal damage.

Brionne can dance in perfect time with others, even if they have only just met. On moonlit nights, you can sometimes see throngs of Brionne dancing as one, in perfect fluidity.

Brionne always acts cheery and positive. Even when it’s feeling sad, this Pokémon doesn’t allow its sorrow to show. It’s said that Brionne will only reveal a sad expression to a Pokémon or Trainer to whom it has opened its heart completely.
Temptation to name a male one Demyx rising

JobberAsh-Greninja
Ash-Greninja has powered up thanks to the strength of its bonds with Ash. This is the form Greninja takes when it has gained new power due to the miraculous occurrence known as the bond phenomenon. This can be brought on by the bonds between people and Pokémon. It seems that it has only known to have occurred once—several hundred years ago.

Ash-Greninja's leg strength has been enhanced compared to an ordinary Greninja, making it difficult to see because of the speed at which it can move. It takes its enemies out in a flash! It becomes able to make giant Water Shurikens on its back, and it can throw them in rapid succession.

Greninja that can become Ash-Greninja have an Ability that no Pokémon has ever had before—Battle Bond. The Battle Bond Ability triggers this Pokémon’s form change to Ash-Greninja after it causes an opponent’s Pokémon to faint. When the battle ends, the Pokémon returns to its original Greninja form. This form is only for battles where it needs to break the limits!
Yeah I'll stick with my Protean Greninja for now, don't need a third unless this actually ends up being really good.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Why get the new Super Mario amiibo when you can get these instead?

Half-Metal Rosalina and Depressed Baseball Waluigi are the figures I never knew I wanted.

EDIT: Link because images broke again.

http://i.imgur.com/ZETZFyi.jpg

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
...Wow.

Gen VII has my favourite set of middle evos yet. I find all three cute, surprisingly even Brionne. Must be that fang.

The owl is my favourite though. Those expressions. :laugh:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For those who try and solve the Halloween riddle, the number-letter string will come out as another number-letter string. It represents something.

The key for the Cypher is in the spoiler.
Just to make sure..when decoding, the fifty seven is always going to stay a 57, right? Every decoder I've used kept it as such.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Their drawings were way off though.

Assuming they knew about it, you'd think they would share details like Torracat's fire ring or Dartrix bangs or Brianne's frills.
Although I do remember the drawings I did of pokemon I saw in stores and advertisements before I actually got the games.

They were kind of off, LOL

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I noticed something super silly about the middle evos.

The colors are off.

No really, look at Rowlet's bow, being dark green.
Then Dartrix is light green, but leaked Robinhoot is dark green again.

Same with Litten.
He's red.
Torracat is orange, but Beltigre is mostly red again.

Bronnie is the only one who resembles the final evo more than Popplio color-wise.

I also found that all of the middle evos really don't resemble the final evos all that much.
I mean it's obvious the leak is real, but the only starters that come to mind that do not resemble their final evo as much as gen VII's evos are Wartortle, Froakidier, Oshellwhot and Chespalier.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can't believe the demo is 500MBs.

That must have the full game. If that's the case, then I really up people can't datamine it. But they probably will. Which means, I'll be avoiding quite a few places, as I do not want to get spoiled.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Trailer time huh?

-Torracat's my favorite out of the three, design-wise it just looks great as an evolution from Litten to me. I am surprised that it didn't become bipedal since both Braxien and Pignite did to bridge the jump to their evolutions from their base forms, but I'm not complaining.
-Brionne kind of got the awkward middle stage issue, I don't mind it much, but I do find it a bit odd. Also, it's weird that its colors in the official art differ from the in-game colors, though I can't say it's a bad thing as I think it looks better with the latter color scheme.
-Dartrix is pretty awesome, I love the noble look it has and it does serve as a good reference to Robin Hood due to being a clear aristocrat while the evolution is a rogue.
-Festival Plaza seems to be the successor to B2W2's Join Avenue, and I'm glad to see that return as I always felt it was a neat feature. I just hope it's a bit easier to use from a single player perspective as you would have to work at a slower pace if you didn't have internet access to other players.
-I don't have much to say on Poke Pelego.
-With Megas returning, we can finally put those 'no Megas' rumors to rest, though it does look like there are no new ones in the works for now, which makes sense since GF is likely putting more emphasis on their new features.
-Nice to finally get confirmation on the demo, though my hope still stands that they're better about not leaving so much of the leftover data in there like with ORAS.
-I honestly care more about what Ash-Greninja means then the form itself. For one, it confirms that Z-forms, as in the ones created from the crystals, is probably not in the game, instead it's a special ability. This does still leave the concept to an extent alive, but it does throw out the stones triggering it unless it's something like an item you give to your Pokémon like the Ability Capsule. The second thing is this actually addresses the contradiction between the Chinese leak and the Bewear leak since as it turns out, the Chinese leak was wrong and Ash-Greninja isn't related to transforming through the stones while the Bewear leak was right in saying it didn't have anything to do with the stones.

Also, in other news, it looks like Triple and Rotation Battles will not be returning as Serebii noticed they didn't appear in the Battle Spot image. This would be the first time a battle feature was outright removed from the games.

While I wasn't a big fan of Triples, I loved Rotation, so seeing that go is very disappointing.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

The colors are off.

Same with Litten.
He's red.

Bronnie is the only one who resembles the final evo more than Popplio color-wise.

I also found that all of the middle evos really don't resemble the final evos all that much.
I mean it's obvious the leak is real, but the only starters that come to mind that do not resemble their final evo as much as gen VII's evos are Wartortle, Froakidier, Oshellwhot and Chespalier.
"the colors are off...ya i mean jus look at charmeleon and charizard totaly the same color :troll:

Chrono.

The colors are off.

Same with Litten.
He's red.

There are somethings off, but they keep the same general look and theme if we go by the biographies on the website.

That said, Torracat to Cat Lesnar is the biggest leap I've seen from a mid evo to final stage. Aside from the vague connection to liking fights and punching (which you would only know if you read it's bio, btw), if we didn't know anything about the leaks I seriously doubt wrestling would be the first thing to come to people's heads about it.

Even the Dewott to Samurott shift, as jarring as it was, Samurott still had Dewott traits such as standing up and using swords when necessary.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I just realised that the final forms still fit the RPG classes, somewhat
Rowlett is an Archer
Litten is a Fighter/Monk
Popplio is a Bard
I also wonder if they'll get signature moves, all starters have gotten one since Gen 3(except the Gen 4 ones) though they later lost that status

Also also
"Brionne always acts cheery and positive. Even when it’s feeling sad, this Pokémon doesn’t allow its sorrow to show. It’s said that Brionne will only reveal a sad expression to a Pokémon or Trainer to whom it has opened its heart completely."
Most relatable Pokemon 11/10

>Brionne
>Ugly
*input reaction pic because uploader is broken*
I can somewhat see it...

I still like my Cryptids theory though (Rowlet-Owlman; Litten-Weretiger; Popplio-Mermaid) to match up with Lycanroc being a Werewolf...but then again I'm biased towards cryptids or mythical beings in general, so...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah but that's the most boring starter so I get why they wanna change up something.
Though one can't change the fact that Charizard was the most popular starter final evolution at the time.

Blastoise had some traction with his water guns while most people ignored poor Venusaur.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Though one can't change the fact that Charizard was the most popular starter final evolution at the time.

Blastoise had some traction with his water guns while most people ignored poor Venusaur.
I never liked the cannons. They seemed weird and unnatural. :drifloon:

I'm weird like that. :dr^_^:

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

And for good reason,
There's two things that saved gen 1's starters:

The fact no starter truly ****** up, like Samurott and Tepig weighed down the majesty of Seviper
Blastoise
I never liked the cannons. They seemed weird and unnatural. :drifloon:
WELL
YOU'RE WEIRD AND UNNATURAL.

There are somethings off, but they keep the same general look and theme if we go by the biographies on the website.

That said, Torracat to Cat Lesnar is the biggest leap I've seen from a mid evo to final stage. Aside from the vague connection to liking fights and punching (which you would only know if you read it's bio, btw), if we didn't know anything about the leaks I seriously doubt wrestling would be the first thing to come to people's heads about it.

Even the Dewott to Samurott shift, as jarring as it was, Samurott still had Dewott traits such as standing up and using swords when necessary.
Yeah, these bigger than normal jumps from mid evo to final really makes me believe the "Two Final Evo"-theory.
Dartrix going non-rogue archer, Meow Cena turning into a more generic fighter and Brionne being a more mobile dancer.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It's okay Venusaur will always be my guy.
Same.

Don't get me wrong, I do love my dragons and some turtles can be cool. But there was something that really made Venusaur stand out from the other two (maybe it was his frog-like anatomy or beautiful plants on his back). If only he weren't so underrated.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I like mega venasaur better than the other three megas. He's so tanky. Leech seed, toxic, synthesis, and one attack move and he does pretty well.

Chrono.

Curious thing: The infamous Chinese leak had actually said Ash-Greninja's transformation would be caused by "logo diamonds" and today we learned that is not the case.

It doesn't kill the leak obviously, but thought it was funny that they got that wrong.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
After all the times I had with Blastoise in Gen 1 and Gen 6 with his Mega, I never want to lose him again like I've did with my older one.

That alone is why Pokemon Bank is worth it. And is it wrong that I never played the Gen 3 remakes?

D

Deleted member

After all the times I had with Blastoise in Gen 1 and Gen 6 with his Mega, I never want to lose him again like I've did with my older one.

That alone is why Pokemon Bank is worth it. And is it wrong that I never played the Gen 3 remakes?
Are you talking about FireRed and LeafGreen?
Because as someone whoo played them very recently, not really
They're probably my least favorite remakes, I mean, they're fun, but they didn't change all that much when compared to the other remakes
If you're referring to ORAS though, go play it right now

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Even if I were to quickly get one of the games, my 3DS backlog will be huge this fall thanks to Sun & Moon.

But it's going to be worth it if I can get both Blacken (the Mystery Gift from XY) and Swampert.

@MahBoi2016 I was talking about Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom