• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm so hyped about the customisation features.

Also I'm actually glad the wolves are both pure Rock. I didn't like the idea of a Dark/Rock werewolf.

And I dont think the Orangutan is a gimmick. Maybe just a great Doubles partner. Imagine using 2 Earthquakes in one turn while your partner is immune to it.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
On another note... perhaps HM's are coming back? Surf was used in the trailer.
Possible they could get relegated to TM's...Surf, Waterfall, Strength and Fly for example are actually really decent attacking moves...

D

Deleted member

I'm probably not gonna customize my character... It never interested me, not even in X and Y.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Trainer Customization looks better than ever, especially if you want to play as the Male Trainer. I love that you can take off the trainer hat too.

Pure Rock is kind of boring. Am preferring Sun version at the moment though.

It makes sense for:4pikachu:to have it's own Z-Move, but having a lack of access to a Light Ball and stealing the Z-Crystal team spot already undermines the obvious goal to make it decent competitively. LMAO Raichu

Eevee's Z-Move definitely reminds me of :4megaman:'s Final Smash. It's kind of underwhelming, but to Game Freak's credit Eevee does learn Baton Pass as a potential niche.

That potential U-Beast Battle Theme is awesome.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I love Passimian's animations actually...like how it tosses the ball onto it's tail as it attacks and trips on the ball when it faints...Actually pretty neat it takes it's ally's ability when they faint...could make for some interesting set-ups in double battles, but seems a bit too situational depending on the ability...

Appears to be based on the Colobus Monkey...which is cool...

Oranguru looks neat as well...don't like it as much as our Rugby Monkey but still pretty cool...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If Z-Moves are even legal. At the moment I kinda hope they're not. Theyre all looking like OHKO moves at the price of an item slot.
To be fair the item slot itself is pretty OP. Look how broken M-Rayquaza is by giving up a move slot instead of an item.

Chrono.

If Z-Moves are even legal. At the moment I kinda hope they're not. Theyre all looking like OHKO moves at the price of an item slot.
You can only do it them once per battle and they replace one of your moves, some which have to be a specific move like Snorlax's.

I doubt they'll get banned.
Also.

Can we talk about how Pikachu's Z-Move involves tossing it 30 feet into the air.
[Insert that one gif of Ash throwing Pikachu here]

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It's likely Z-Moves will be one time use like Megas...which makes them more of a trump card than anything and since every pokemon has access to Z-moves (even if they are not exclusive to the pokemon) so I'm thinking it's likely they will be legal...

I'm actually curious if moves like Protect will out-prioritise Z-moves...or if Z-Moves hit without fail...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Seems that Clothes have a separate currency from the regular currency. I hope they're not as hard to get as the old game centre coins where otherwise I may as well walk out in a barrel.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
*grabs Pikachu*
"Destroy my enemies fam"
*Throws mouse*
*Pick a Shoe transforms into Electric Sanic and smashes the opponent*

This game is pure hype.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Seems that Clothes have a separate currency from the regular currency. I hope they're not as hard to get as the old game centre coins where otherwise I may as well walk out in a barrel.
Wasn't it called a festival coin or something? I'm thinking it'll be this games version of contests. And an incentive to play that part of the game.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Looked up Eevee's base stats...It's actually pretty decent after getting the boost...

HP: 55
Attack: 55 (x2)-110
Defense: 50 (x2)-100
Sp. Atk: 45 (x2)-90
Sp. Def: 65 (x2)-130
Speed: 55 (x2)-110
Total 595 after the boost...it's almost a Psuedo now...

I can actually see a Last Resort set for Eevee being used, as that will hit hard...(even harder with an Adaptability boost, which would make it a 280 base power attack)
Stored Power looks like it'll be useful as well as it increases in Power after positive stat changes, it'll have a 220 base power after the changes it seems...

With the right set-ups Eevee can be a great late game sweeper...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, we've got our "Rugby Monkey" all the rumors have been talking about

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Pikachu's new Final Smash confirmed.
Isn't that kind of like what his current one already does? Minus the dancing part but I suppose they can probably turn his blue ball of electricity yellow and have him charge towards one opponent, maybe....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*FINALLY gets to the seafloor cavern*
*Finds out Rock Smash and Strength are required for navigation*

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Meanwhile the official website is trying to play Midnight forme's Counter off as a super cool move.

Someone needs to tell the guy who writes those descriptions to lay off the Smash Bros.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
. . .

Well I was worried that the rugby monkey would look a lot worse than it actually does. I think this looks the best out of any monkey we've had in Pokemon so far. Granted I'm not the monkey type in the first place, but. . .yeah, I'm pleasantly surprised.

*checks Pokemon website*

. . .The grooming feature allows you to heal status effects outside of battle without using items? That's interesting.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Really loving the customization in the game. Really loving the variety.

That orangutan has big potential with Instruct. Not just the double Earthquake/Surf/etc, but imagine double Sword Dance, double Quiver Dance, etc. Also, I saw someone post something rather interesting. What if it's possible to "Instruct" Z-moves and use them twice? Could you imagine +4 All Stats Eevee and than Baton Passing that, especially to a Mega Evolved Pokemon?

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Passimian-King Julian

Oranguru-King Louie

Get it right folks...
(yes I know Julien is a Lemur and not a monkey, it still fits)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Wait a minute

>you can change eye color
Oh my, this is a game changer.

Although lipstick on 12 year olds seems really awkward and bad unless they're older ala the Gen 5 trainers

Ivander

Smash Legend
Wait a minute

Although lipstick on 12 year olds seems really awkward and bad unless they're older ala the Gen 5 trainers
You could change eye color with contacts in X & Y.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Wait a minute

You can im x and y as well...
I'm seeing people argue that Passimissan IS a lemur.
As I mentioned before Im pretty sure its based off a Colobus Monkey...but it does look like a lemur...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom