• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Got a new avatar, a new title; I'm thinking of making a new gif for my sig. Yay or nay?
If you're thinking of adding a Captain America .gif to your sig, I'd recommend replacing the one where Quicksilver is punching him in the face. I suggest either when Cap sprints up and Winter Soldier who then punches the shield, or the knife fight between the two. Both from the Winter Soldier movie.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
A prominent Dark Type that was on my Sapphire Team a long time ago was Sableye - For a long time in my playthrough back then it was always my favourite. Right now in Alpha Sapphire - Two Poochyena at the moment, and otherwise I don't really have any major Dark types to use outside of Yveltal. Most of the time for me when it comes to Pokémon teams, I just pick the ones that I feel are right for the current situation or try and level up any lower level Pokémon I caught while wandering around.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Early news, Pokemon Bank support for Sun, Moon, Red, Green, Blue and Yellow is coming... In January.

Sad thing is, it's better than the February they said before.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Dark Types? Usually when I play ORAS I try to have Mightyena on my team, he's been my go-to dark type for the game (partially because of Ice Fang).
I caught an absol in XY, but didn't use it that much (even though I really like absol, I just had too many other mons I was using more)
Used Yveltal for pretty much everything as soon as I caught it.
Just remembered i had a Shiftry in my first playthrough of ORAS, because I went back to the astrology place (I forget the name right now), to get the leaf stone nearby and evolve my nuzleaf.
So Mightyena, Absol, Yveltal, Shiftry. That's really it for me, not many others I can think of.

Chrono.

I like Dark types but I usually end up switching them out for a better Pokemon overall.

Funnily enough in Pokemon Vega (a ROMhack), my ace Mon was a pure Dark type.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Dark types I've used.....
Umbreon, Absol, Zoroark
Weavile, Scrafty, Bisharp
T-Tar, Shiftry, Cacturne, Krookodile, Greninja, Pangoro,

Honestly it's fighting types I've probably used the least

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's that Pokemon Bank thing while we wait. It's in Japanese but hey. It's something.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Umbreon, Absol, Zoroark

I love fighting types.

I'd say my least used type is Rock. I hate slow Pokemon and I feel that they fall in that category. Also it seems that so many Rock moves have under 100% accuracy.

Plus, usually they look like... well, just rocks. There are a few I don't mind though.

Rockruff's evos are looking good to me at least.

Riddler-kun gave us this Alolan form checklist.

Have fun.
WHAT COULD IT MEAN!? Surely they're not all getting forms. That's... way too many...

Last edited:

Chrono.

I love fighting types.

I'd say my least used type is Rock. I hate slow Pokemon and I feel that they fall in that category. Also it seems that so many Rock moves have under 100% accuracy.

Plus, usually they look like... well, just rocks. There are a few I don't mind though.

Rockruff's evos are looking good to me at least.

WHAT COULD IT MEAN!? Surely they're not all getting forms. That's... way too many...
Not exactly, he wants us to guess.

Assuming the thing is accurate, all the mons that are crossed out will not get an Alolan form, but the reverse (all non-crossed out mons will get one) is not necessarily true.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Know how things work, they'll release Sun2&Moon2/DPremake/Eclipse for the 3DS and wait for the customer base is larger before jumping in for Gen 8. Until then, I hope you like more Pokemon Rumble games.

Sorry. Double post. Too excited to see Mr. Riddler-chan.
I think it may be like Cubone and Exeggutor where only the final form is different.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Not exactly, he wants us to guess.

Assuming the thing is accurate, all the mons that are crossed out will not get an Alolan form, but the reverse (all non-crossed out mons will get one) is not necessarily true.
Hmm...

Well, it's a helpful guide of who we can be looking at. There are a few still on there like the Paras line, Grimer line and Koffing line that have had rumours surrounding them.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Umbreon, Absol, Zoroark

Electric is probably the type I've used the least...Very rarely have an interest in using Electric types most of the time, despite it having only one weakness...
Probably because I use Grass types more often and there usually is a mon or two on my team that has access to Rock type or Ice type attacks for that Flying coverage so I never really need them...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The English version of the new Sun and Moon trailer has been posted!

I'll post my thoughts later in the day. I'll be in class for the next few hours.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Football Monkey and Mentor Orangutan plus confirmation that the evos are version exclusive, not time locked.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
*Sees Eevee's Z-Move animation*

"Oh ****, it's just like Mega Man's final smash!"

*Sees the effects of Eevee's Z-Move"

"... oh"

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I love the two new Monkey Pokémon. The Rugby guy is better than I thought, and the Orangutan is pretty cool too!!

I like the name Lycanroc too. And they're pure Rock... yes!

RIP Alolan Parasect though:(

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That Eevee Z move though.

And the evolutions are version exclusive. Quite interesting, will the starter's have a similar fate?

night lycanroc looks just as weird if not weirder in motion.

i thought oranguru was a gorilla for a split second but this is pretty cool too. Definitely one of my favorite new additions. Shame it seems to be purely gimmicky though :/ If it winds up being good solo it definitely has a guaranteed spot on my team

:061:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Lycanroc....version exclusive evolutions...Both are pure Rock....lame...

Rugby Monkey is real...and a Girafarig Orangutan....errr...cool? I guess...
so King Julian is exclusive to Sun, while King Louie is exclusive to Moon...alright then...
Both seem built for Double Battles however given their abilities...

Pikachu and Eevee Z moves...Trainer just tosses Pikachu, and Eevee absorbs the power of it's evolutions which looks pretty awesome....but only gives Eevee stat boosts....lame...

No starter evos....no new Alola forms...but we did at least get some new pokemon revealed and they showed off a bit more for trainer customization...

Last edited:

Chrono.

Man I'm afraid the boy wont get good hair again.

Pls I want long hair for the boy.

Obligatory Chinese leaks confirmed comment.

Eevee's Z-Move went from 100 to 0 real quick.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Info from the Pokemon site

Passimian:
Passimian is a Pokémon that only appears in Pokémon Sun. If you’re playing Pokémon Moon, you can obtain it by trading with someone playing Pokémon Sun.

Passimian live in troops of 20 to 30 individuals, all following a leader. This leader will take 10 of the individuals in the best condition to search for food. The troop’s teamwork is strong, and the boss of each troop decides what mark members will wear on their arms to distinguish the troops.

The boss puts the troop members through training to improve their coordination with one another and their skill in handling Berries. Apparently this training is so hard that some Passimian end up running away.

Lobbing Berries at foes is how Passimian attack. They sometimes work in coordination with others, passing Berries back and forth to bewilder their opponents. Passimian don’t just pitch hard Berries at opponents, either—they also have a technique that uses soft Berries to obscure their opponent’s ability to see.

Passimian wants its Trainer to have the qualities of a leader as well. It watches a Trainer’s form closely when he or she throws Poké Balls, and will not listen to the orders of a Trainer with poor form.

Passimian has a new Ability, Receiver, which no other Pokémon has previously had. With the Receiver Ability, this Pokémon can inherit the Ability of an ally who faints in battle.
inb4 Ash get's this

Oranguru:
Oranguru is a Pokémon that appears only in Pokémon Moon. If you’re playing Pokémon Sun, you can obtain it by trading with someone playing Pokémon Moon.

Oranguru live solitary lives deep in the forests and do not usually take much action. Instead, they position themselves high up in the trees to meditate. Long ago, people thought that Oranguru were humans who dwelled in the forest depths, so they called them “the people of the forests.” Oranguru is kind to the other Pokémon living in the forest, providing medicine for injured Pokémon and food for the hungry.

Oranguru sometimes act on their own initiative and will use items that only humans normally use. From a Trainer’s perspective, they can be hard Pokémon to handle at times. Allegedly, there have been sightings of Oranguru using Poké Balls!

The fan-like objects held by Oranguru are handmade by the Oranguru themselves. These fans appear to be made of layers of leaves bound together with Oranguru’s own fur.

Instruct is a move that only Oranguru can learn. It can make the selected target use its most recent move again immediately.
This could be pretty good.

Lycanroc (Midday):
When Rockruff is bathed in profuse amounts of solar energy, it evolves into its Midday Form. In the world of Pokémon Sun, Solgaleo’s influence causes Rockruff to evolve into this form.

Lycanroc lives solo in mountains and deserts, not creating a pack. Each has its own territory, and they live without interfering with one another, which helps to avoid unnecessary fights.

Lycanroc obeys its Trainer’s orders dutifully. In particular, if a Trainer accepted it during its more rebellious pre-Evolution period, Lycanroc will never ever betray that Trainer and will be the most loyal of partners.

The Midday Form Lycanroc is known for speedy movements that leave its opponents bewildered. It dodges opponents’ strikes while attacking with the sharp rocks of its mane as it slips right past them.

Accelerock is a move that only Midday Form Lycanroc can learn. It slams into an opponent with quick moves. This move is guaranteed to strike first!
A true Lone Wolf

Lycanroc (Midnight)
When Rockruff is bathed in an abundance of lunar energy, it evolves into its Midnight Form. In the world of Pokémon Moon, Lunala’s influence causes Rockruff to evolve into this form.

Midnight Form Lycanroc provokes its opponents by pressing in hard and inviting their attack. When an opponent falls for this tactic and attacks, Lycanroc counters with its forte: a single devastating blow that finishes off its foe! The stronger its opponent is, the more excited for battle Lycanroc becomes. It doesn’t mind getting hurt if it means victory in battle. Battles thrill it so much that its eyes glow.

Contempt rises in this Pokémon for Trainers who give orders it doesn’t agree with or who try to force it to battle. On the other hand, it will feel a deep trust in a Trainer who can truly draw forth its power in battle.

Counter is a move that Rockruff can learn when it evolves into Midnight Form Lycanroc. When Lycanroc takes physical damage from an opponent, it deals double that damage back to the same opponent.
I can see Ash getting a Midnight Lycanroc just for the sake of having an arc where it doesn't trust him and all that.

And of course Pikachu get's it's own Z move. Eevee isn't too surprising either but that's a pretty **** one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom