• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
. . .

Thinking about what I'd like to see in future Pokemon games.

My first thought was the ability to get your hairdo with two colors, one at the tips and the other at the roots. It's something I wanted as soon as custom hair in Pokemon was a thing, but Xenoblade Chronicles X actually did it, even if not in as polished of a way as I wanted.

Follower Pokemon were great, but they weren't perfect. The feature could use some polishing if readded. Like allowing you to put your Pokemon away voluntarily and making interaction with them feel like something other than a vending machine for items and reactions.

Seals are another example of something cool that could use polish. There weren't enough unique types of them to make ball capsule decoration feel fitting for every Pokemon, and I think they weren't allowed online due to the letter seals and obvious issues with that. So having only the letter capsules banned online and at least having a variant fitting for every type and a few extra variants would be nice.

If they ever find a way to bring back Accessories then due to the way they'd work in 3D I want to be able to have my Pokemon wear them in battle. Yes I'm saying I intend to send something out in a top hat, a lei, or some other suitable quirky attire while doing whatever.

Pokemon Amie should let you feed sheen-boosting items to your Pokemon in it. Why just see a Poffin on the status screen when hand feeding it would be so much better? Using healing items in Amie would be nice, too. You could see their joy at a Potion. . .or their sadness at a Bitter item.

I think being in full 3D is going to make the regions feel a lot smaller than before, so I would like them to make regions larger to compensate. Some way of having a Gen 5-6 metropolis sized city without feeling hopelessly confused would be nice too. Maybe if the large city of the region didn't rotate?

And I want Ribbons for every inane sidequest the game can throw at me. Obtainable for every Pokemon I want to repeat said sidequest for. And Ribbon Club Ribbon purchase tiers above the 999,999 mark since the money cap increased since Gen 4 and it's easier to grind for cash now. And the option to have your Pokemon wear one of their Ribbons like an Accessory.

If all of these things were added at once Pokemon would feel like a much bigger and more custom game. Maybe.

. . .Probably said all this before and will probably say it all again someday in the future. Oh well.

*EDIT*

. . .

. . .Suddenly I realize that Deoxys is basically a Gem from Steven Universe and have no idea why I never noticed this before.
Yes.
To be brief.
Deoxys is a crystal gem born of a space meteorite blasted with the life energy of the Azoth Cannon as a sentient mega stone whose crash site became the power spring used for Primal Reversion.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Yesterday....Corocoro...and another Announcement on the 14th....

I thought August was rich with Sun and Moon news...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yes.
To be brief.
Deoxys is a crystal gem born of a space meteorite blasted with the life energy of the Azoth Cannon as a sentient mega stone whose crash site became the power spring used for Primal Reversion.
. . .

I had something I wondered, but then I realized the anime solved it.

The Deoxys from ORAS must be a different one from the one that caused the crater, and there were several Deoxys created from the Azoth Cannon that were in various meteors orbiting the planet or elsewhere.

If they were the same one then I wouldn't get why it would be stuck again, unless it just got nostalgic and slept in a meteor only to have no idea how to get out.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Hmm, I wonder if they'll use the 14th to cover some of the Corocoro information. I'm sure GF/TCPi knows that Corocoro leaks out early, and it's close enough that it would be pretty much concurrent with Corocoro's release, so they could use the day to give a big blowout of information for the fans. It's especially the case if my hunch is correct and they're leading up to the reveal of Z-forms, so having one of their biggest things of the generation be covered across two days by two different sources would make for a lot of excitement in the fandom.

Either way, it looks like next week is going to be a good one for the games since we're finally getting Rockruff's evolution (which will make or break a lot of rumors) along with whatever else they have planned for the trailer.

Burruni

Smash Hero
. . .

I had something I wondered, but then I realized the anime solved it.

The Deoxys from ORAS must be a different one from the one that caused the crater, and there were several Deoxys created from the Azoth Cannon that were in various meteors orbiting the planet or elsewhere.

If they were the same one then I wouldn't get why it would be stuck again, unless it just got nostalgic and slept in a meteor only to have no idea how to get out.
It didn't break out of the meteor. Rayquaza grabbed it, chucked it into deep space, and made its way back around in the 3,000 year span.
G-G?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I really want that trailer music to be actual in-game music. It's probably my favorite Sun and Moon-related track thus far.

And it seems like we're getting even more generation 1 pandering with an Oak-lookalike, er I mean Professor Oak's cousin. I don't mind it though. It's cool to see more of Professor Oak's family beyond Gary Oak. I'm willing to bet Nariya Oak is the one who will upgrade your Pokedex to the National Dex.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Hmm, I wonder if they'll use the 14th to cover some of the Corocoro information. I'm sure GF/TCPi knows that Corocoro leaks out early, and it's close enough that it would be pretty much concurrent with Corocoro's release, so they could use the day to give a big blowout of information for the fans. It's especially the case if my hunch is correct and they're leading up to the reveal of Z-forms, so having one of their biggest things of the generation be covered across two days by two different sources would make for a lot of excitement in the fandom.

Either way, it looks like next week is going to be a good one for the games since we're finally getting Rockruff's evolution (which will make or break a lot of rumors) along with whatever else they have planned for the trailer.
last time coro coro leaked there was "corocoro exclusive" pokemon (which were the sandyghast line and stuffle)
however the trailer that followed (the team skull reveal) showed off something new in the form of morelull and alolan raichu

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I decided to check #PokemonSunMoon on Twitter after not looking around Twitter for a while.

Aside from seeing some. . .things involving Wicke better left unseen, so far I've found this.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Can someone tell me what they're looking at because I think they're trying to say something about the Underground from DPP being in Sun and Moon.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I decided to check #PokemonSunMoon on Twitter after not looking around Twitter for a while.

Aside from seeing some. . .things involving Wicke better left unseen, so far I've found this.

Can someone tell me what they're looking at because I think they're trying to say something about the Underground from DPP being in Sun and Moon.
the sign there pointing to has a pickaxe

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
the sign there pointing to has a pickaxe
. . .

Well derp. I thought it looked like an island when I was staring at it but with that pointed out I can see it perfectly. Thanks.

I'll scroll a little further but I probably won't find any other Tweets as interesting as that. Glad I managed to find that, though, I doubt it would have been discussed otherwise.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Probably the CoroCoro rewind like each month.

It looks like a pickaxe on the sign, possibly meaning we can get equipment and go underground again.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well it looks like someone pointed out something else interesting after all. It could be nothing, but what's the use of dismissing anything?

*EDIT* Well the guess I made went nowhere. I always do fail spot checks when coming up with stuff.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well it looks like someone pointed out something else interesting after all. It could be nothing, but what's the use of dismissing anything?

. . .I have a guess. Magikarp Alola Form. I mean, if it's close but not quite there. . .And it IS a Gen 1 Pokemon. . .
Problem: Gyrados has been seen. And I'm fairly certain /wild/ too.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Problem: Gyrados has been seen. And I'm fairly certain /wild/ too.
Well then I guess there goes that idea. It still might potentially be something though, so I guess it's worth keeping in mind.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Probably the CoroCoro rewind like each month.

It looks like a pickaxe on the sign, possibly meaning we can get equipment and go underground again.
importan to note corocoro rewind last month revealed alolan raichu, morelull, and team skull
all of which were not in corocoro

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
After the lackluster unveiling of the PS Pro and the reveal of Super Mario Run (meaning Miyamoto is also in the states), it's literally the most perfect time to reveal the NX.

Do it before TGS. They've gotten the exposure from the 3DS direct, now in combination with the Apple Keynote reveal, they could easily ride off that hype train and make a bigger one when the reveal happens.

...I feel like it's so close...

D

Deleted member

So, Professor Oak has a cousin
My bet is that he'll be the one stidying the Alolan forms
And Professor Burnet might come back. I'm all in for Gen 5 callbacks so I hope it actually happens
We already have Colress theories too, might we get other Gen 5 characters?

The trailer was pretty cool, mostly quick shots of unseen footage so I'll have to rewatch it late

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Welp, after two previous failures, I finally pulled through and beat Olympia. Why did I fail two times before? Because I don't have any dark, bug, or ghost types to take down meowstic.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Anyone got translations of that new Sun and Moon trailer? Why does it keep zooming in on certain words?

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.
Replaying Y.
"Would you care for a Sky battle?"
>Yes
"I'm sorry, you don't have any flying Pokemon."
>Looks over to my duck and floating sword.

Chrono.

So.
Replaying Y.
"Would you care for a Sky battle?"
>Yes
"I'm sorry, you don't have any flying Pokemon."
>Looks over to my duck and floating sword.
I still struggle to see the point in them.

The rules are the same as regular battles except you can only use Flying types that have a flying animation (or certain mons with Levitate), which means you already see them flying in regular battles too. The only thing unique about them was the scenery.

At least Inverse Battles tried to do something different, Sky Battles were just asinine.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Obligatory daily FireRed playthrough update:
Current Team:
:003: Avocado
:135: Zappy
:059: Doug
:143: Chubs
:022: Joseph
:051: Ashley
I beat Team Rocket at their Hideout as well as the whole Pokemon Tower thing and so I got a Poke Flute and got my 4th Team Member (Avocado, Zappy and Doug evolved in the proccess) I also beat Erika after I caught Snorlax.
Before I caught Chubs, I was like "Ima soft reset the game until I get a Snorlax with the right nature". After a few attempts to capture it, I was like "**** it, I'm just gonna stick with whichever nature I get" because my god this thing was a nightmare to catch.
At this point, Joseph's only usage is for carrying me to places I'm to lazy to walk to, and he will be replaced by a different Pokemon later. Ashley is there because Ground is one of the best offensive types and I need a temporary Team member until I get my full Team.
Also, I usually don't like using cheat codes, but I forced myself to use a "Max cash" cheat because I needed to get more game coins in order to get some useful TMs... And I refuse to go through the tedious process of getting them through the slot machines. This is probably the only time I'm going to use a cheat code in this playthrough.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Also, I usually don't like using cheat codes, but I forced myself to use a "Max cash" cheat because I needed to get more game coins in order to get some useful TMs... And I refuse to go through the tedious process of getting them through the slot machines. This is probably the only time I'm going to use a cheat code in this playthrough
I get how you feel
The game corners are usually just a big waste of time, they cheat you so it's only fair for you to cheat back

But at least they're ten times better than the travesty that is known as Voltorb Flip
I bet that whoever designed that thing is the same person that gave Rayquaza a Mega that doesn't require a mega stone

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hmm... So Professor Oak has a Relative named Samson Oak, huh? Wonder what he will end up doing for us...

Also, I had a thought; if the Pokemon anime continues into the Alola region and Team Rocket follows, I am betting there will be an episode around Meowth finding a female Alolan Meowth and falling in love with it. However, due to how the writers of the Pokemon anime feel sometimes, Meowth will eventually lose the Alolan Meowth or get rejected. It's a sad theory, but I know it will happen.

Last edited:
Also, I had a thought; if the Pokemon anime continues into the Alola region and Team Rocket follows, I am betting there will be an episode around Meowth finding a female Alolan Meowth and falling in love with it. However, due to how the writers of the Pokemon anime feel sometimes, Meowth will eventually lose the Alolan Meowth or get rejected. It's a sad theory, but I know it will happen.
But didn't they done this at least four times alrea-

Oh, right. This is Pokemon anime we're talking about. Of course they are going to do it again.

D

Deleted member

This thing is so ****ing interesting and this explanation is perfect. I'm calling mine Nina
Yeah, that makes sense
I'm totally naming mine Ur-Child
Guess what I'm referencing

As a sidenote, I love that mexican Rotom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom