• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
...Gamexplain gave AA6 a 'dislike'. But it's Ted from BSC, and looking at the comments, Ted's being boring with speech and gave it flak for not being a good starting point. Ted's a fan of AA, he should know this counts for literally every game other than the first

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
...Gamexplain gave AA6 a 'dislike'. But it's Ted from BSC, and looking at the comments, Ted's being boring with speech and gave it flak for not being a good starting point. Ted's a fan of AA, he should know this counts for literally every game other than the first

It sounds like this guy (who is familiar with AA as you say) was just being lazy and all he wanted was the money for writing his review (he should know that many people will be deciding if they want the game based on his opinions). I could probably give a better review of the game (even if don't know much about AA) then him if he's going to remain lazy with giving an actual constructive and analytical review on a game that sounds like it deserves one.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It sounds like this guy (who apparently is familiar with AA) was just being lazy and all he wanted was the money for writing his review (he should know that many people will be deciding if they want the game based on his opinions). Honestly, I could probably give a better review of the game (even if don't know much about AA) then him if he's going to remain lazy with giving constructive and analytical reviews.
I don't even know if Ted gets paid for being a guest on GameXplain. Ted has stated to hate Apollo Justice (the fourth game) and criticized the game for bringing a character back from that game despite the character being a fan favourite. Not to mention Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric didn't get a dislike rating. I kinda like Ted, he's improving recently on Brainscratch, but it's clear why he's the most hated main BSC member

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I don't even know if Ted gets paid for being a guest on GameXplain. Ted has stated to hate Apollo Justice (the fourth game) and criticized the game for bringing a character back from that game despite the character being a fan favourite. Not to mention Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric didn't get a dislike rating. I kinda like Ted, he's improving recently on Brainscratch, but it's clear why he's the most hated main BSC member

Oh? He was a guest? I had thought he was part of the GameXplain crew at first, but I suppose not then. He should be a little bit more considering and thoughtful on what he's saying instead of blabbering out small things (like the start of the game) either way. Not all games need a good starting point to be good; it just needs to make sense for the player. To be truthful, its how the overall story and gameplay of the game impacts the player that actually matters

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh? He was a guest? I had thought he was part of the GameXplain crew at first, but I suppose not then. He should be a little bit more considering and thoughtful on what he's saying instead of blabbering out small things (like the start of the game) either way. Not all games need a good starting point to be good; it just needs to make sense for the player. To be truthful, its how the overall story and gameplay of the game impacts the player that actually matters.
The thing with AA games is they reference past events from previous games a lot, but it's baffling Ted's saying this, as the first half of the franchise is available on the eshop for the exact same price as AA6. Also, Ted is a contrarian, he tends to have different opinions for the sake of being different, loving Ghostbusters 2016, hating Earthbound, etc.. Hell, if it wasn't for Ryan existing, Ted'd be my least favourite BSC member

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
The thing with AA games is they reference past events from previous games a lot, but it's baffling Ted's saying this, as the first half of the franchise is available on the eshop for the exact same price as AA6. Also, Ted is a contrarian, he tends to have different opinions for the sake of being different, loving Ghostbusters 2016, hating Earthbound, etc.. Hell, if it wasn't for Ryan existing, Ted'd be my least favourite BSC member

Ah; I was thinking AA might be a game series where past events are referenced (the first game and beyond does seem to take place in the same universe). I will say that everyone does have their own opinions on things and there will be a fair share of agreements and disagreements because of various viewpoints; I have my own things I like and dislike, and many people will agree or disagree with them. It's just a part of human nature, really, and with Ted, I agree with the fact you said he is trying to improve on Brainscratch; improvement is always good. However, I disagree with him judging a game by how it starts and giving an unfair review of a game based off that one note. This seems like a nice example of that.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ah; I was thinking AA might be a game series where past events are referenced (the first game and beyond does seem to take place in the same universe). I will say that everyone does have their own opinions on things and there will be a fair share of agreements and disagreements because of various viewpoints; I have my own things I like and dislike, and many people will agree or disagree with them. It's just a part of human nature, really, and with Ted, I agree with the fact you said he is trying to improve on Brainscratch; improvement is always good. However, I disagree with him judging a game by how it starts and giving an unfair review of a game based off that one note. This seems like a nice example of that.
He had other criticisms, but it's just dumb to say the 6th game in a story heavy franchise isn't good for beginners. Ted improved a lot on BSC, he used to go ape**** if anyone mentioned something positive about the Sinnoh games, but he stopped as he'd no longer have anything to say when they get to the eventual Sinnoh commentary. He also said he hates no game more than Apollo Justice

Chrono.

I'll be honest, AA5 kinda soured me on the series. Call me an elitist, but I just vastly prefer Takumi's writing style over the new crew.

I wasn't a fan of them dropping all the plot threads from AA4 either, I know the game wasn't too well received (and even I think it's one of the weaker games) but that's not a good excuse IMO.

I heard AA6 caters more to the people disappointed by 5, and seeing Maya back does make me happy since I missed her a ton. But I'm still not sure on whether I'll end up getting 6.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
He had other criticisms, but it's just dumb to say the 6th game in a story heavy franchise isn't good for beginners. Ted improved a lot on BSC, he used to go ape**** if anyone mentioned something positive about the Sinnoh games, but he stopped as he'd no longer have anything to say when they get to the eventual Sinnoh commentary. He also said he hates no game more than Apollo Justice
Being honest here, I would agree with you in saying its dumb that a 6th game in a well beloved franchise is bad for beginners; I would say the opposite and say it's great for beginners. AA has had time to grow and develop itself and in modern times, I think any game in the series (or the most recent ones) would be good to pick up sometime. Also, Apollo Justice seemed to do well overall despite a few flaws and I am not sure what his reasons are for hating it so much beyond the quote on quote "beginning is bad because reasons".

As for the Sinnoh series of games, I loved those games when I was younger; I am not sure why he hasn't played them yet or even given the games a chance. Sounds like if Sinnoh got a remake, then he wouldn't say anything either, which is a shame...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Being honest here, I would agree with you in saying its dumb that a 6th game in a well beloved franchise is bad for beginners; I would say the opposite and say it's great for beginners. AA has had time to grow and develop itself and in modern times, I think any game in the series (or the most recent ones) would be good to pick up sometime. Also, Apollo Justice seemed to do well overall despite a few flaws and I am not sure what his reasons are for hating it so much beyond the quote on quote "beginning is bad because reasons".

As for the Sinnoh series of games, I loved those games when I was younger; I am not sure why he hasn't played them yet or even given the games a chance. Sounds like if Sinnoh got a remake, then he wouldn't say anything either, which is a shame...
He's played them, he just despises Gen IV.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well, the key was important in opening a desk drawer containing a lot of stuff Grisha documented about the world outside the walls that prove that humanity was not extinct and there's a more advanced society outside of the walls.

It really a whole new world of questions and mysteries from now on.
All I hope is Armin finally gets to see the ocean before it ends

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The only AA game I want is The Great Ace Attorney, thats the only one I have eyes for atm
Probably have a way for phones to register the amiibo like the 3ds. Which is pretty neat.
There are numbers on the bottom of amiibos, so maybe they will have you put those in

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The only AA game I want is The Great Ace Attorney, thats the only one I have eyes for atm

There are numbers on the bottom of amiibos, so maybe they will have you put those in
That could be another way of doint it as well. Also two rockruff Evolutions confirmed?

D

Deleted member

Today's Steven Universe was so gay
Like, super gay
Like like, think about the gayest thing you can think of and then multiply it by 1000
So Nintendo is planning some Amiibo compatibility for mobile games. My question is how would it work?

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/09/08/nintendo-talks-amiibo-in-future-mobile-games/
Probably gonna require the 3DS amiibo reader
That could be another way of doint it as well. Also two rockruff Evolutions confirmed?
Will someone just leak this goddamn magazine already?

Last edited by a moderator:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
kcsupersonic1's comment on Gamexplain's video basically sums up how I felt about the review and then some.
*Looks it up*
Wow, a comment that gives a well-written critique and doesn't feel the need to attack Ted personally.

I haven't seen the review (I've yet to play the Ace Attorney games), but I can give an opnion on Ted.

He can say some rather eyebrow raising things, but I like Ted. I can tell in some commentaries that he sometimes has a hard time telling his opinion, I can assume this somewhat transferred into the review.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
What if....now keep in mind this is a big WHAT IF...but what if, Rockruff has version exclusive evolutions?
One evolution in Sun and one evolution in Moon....

Heck if the multiple starter evos are true this could be the same for them as well...

The last news update did say that events in both versions will play out differently, even having a 12 hr difference between the two for some reason...what if that's also the case for some evolutions?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Like, super gay
Like like, think about the gayest thing you can think of and then multiply it by 1000
Gay as in schoolboy insult or gay as in there was a lot of homosexual stuff that would never make it to air if it weren't for the excuse that the cast are aliens and thus don't really count.

Similar principle being how Bender get away with smoking and putting out cigars on people due to being a robot.

D

Deleted member

What if....now keep in mind this is a big WHAT IF...but what if, Rockruff has version exclusive evolutions?

Heck if the multiple starter evos are true this could be the same for them as well...

The last news update did say that events in both versions will play out differently, even having a 12 hr difference between the two for some reason...what if that's also the case for some evolutions?
I wouldn't mind that to Rockruff but I'd be pretty pissed if that was the case with the starters
Gay as in schoolboy insult or gay as in there was a lot of homosexual stuff that would never make it to air if it weren't for the excuse that the cast are aliens and thus don't really count.

Similar principle being how Bender get away with smoking and putting out cigars on people due to being a robot.
The latter

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Night and Day evolution confirmed?
This I could see, as there is a big emphasis on time in this. Plus he seems to be a werewolf, so that'd make sense.
Like, super gay

Probably gonna require the 3DS amiibo reader

Will someone just leak this goddamn magazine already?
So is the episode good or interesting?

And we will have to wait a few days still.

While less likely, I could see this. It could even be tied back to the time difference. Won't be long till we find out though.

EDIT:

Zygarde complete fights Lysande in the Flare Arc conclusion:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently the Football team in my state is going to protest the National Anthem on 9/11

Pieces of trash, they are

D

Deleted member

This I could see, as there is a big emphasis on time in this. Plus he seems to be a werewolf, so that'd make sense.

So is the episode good or interesting?

And we will have to wait a few days still.

While less likely, I could see this. It could even be tied back to the time difference. Won't be long till we find out though.

EDIT:

Zygarde complete fights Lysande in the Flare Arc conclusion:
I just said it was gay
It's filler but it's good AND interesting

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I wonder how long the series will last now...?

At least an arc or two more.
Isayama stated that he originally wanted the manga to end at its 20th volume, but due to Attack on Titan's surge of popularity, he decided to extend the story for much longer. Back in 2015, he mentioned that the manga would around volumes 25-27, so that would mean the manga would end anywhere between Chapter 100 to 125. This also means the manga would probably end sometime in 2018. He also mentioned that he already has the ending all planned out. He just needs to draw out the remaining events at this point.

With the basement reveal, I'd say we are getting very close to the end. Definitely one or two arcs left depending on how many reveals Isayama plans for the next arc.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom