• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So a recap of Nintendo IP's going mobile

Now
Super Mario
Pokémon
Tomodachi Life

Soon
Animal Crossing
Fire Emblem

What you want? I kinda want WarioWare.
We have one unaccounted one left out of what we know were scheduled this fiscal year. None of the IPs will play identically to their origin series due to Nintendo needing to both sell their traditional system and adapt to the mobile realm.

Based purely off of IP exposure, Kid Icarus. Although since I'm not that invested in mobile titles I guess I can point out that Dedede's Drum Dash would probably adapt well to the format. Perhaps the music playing in Legend of Zelda games as well.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've gone to a counselor before. It helped the first meeting and then it just ended up being an irritating waste of time.

But I think from the fact that I mentioned the indie game that it's obvious I've found more than one thing to be hyped over, it's just that whenever I find something else it inevitably ALSO ends up being only me who's trying to enjoy it.

My point was that as a Sonic fan you should know what it's like to be told you aren't allowed to like something because of it's reputation, not that you should know how to not complain about anything. I have some complaints about how Nintendo has handled certain things too. It doesn't mean I won't give them the benefit of the doubt on things that could easily have a logical reason behind them.

To be honest, being told that being irritated that people are complaining incessantly about everything I try to look into means I need clinical help kind of stings a bit.
It's definitely not you alone who enjoys the things you love, because they wouldn't be being made if that was the case.

I know what it's like to have people tell me what I should or shouldn't like (have you been following this discussion and all of the comments telling me I can't be a bit cynical about Nintendo?), but I don't deal with that by arguing with them for the sake of changing their mind to make myself feel better or anything. If they have a good reason to feel the way they do then I won't challenge that at all.

And no, I didn't tell you to see a counsellor for having an opinion. You literally went on a rant about how you only have one or two things you're excited for in life. Those were your exact words, and you say how you get very angry when people aren't positive about those things. If those things were big important things like a job interview or something I would get it, but what you described sounded like the NX and some video game.

Most people I know that have said stuff like that, including close friends, have had serious mental health problems, including suicidal tendencies. Because in no world is it healthy to only have that narrow an interest, especially over things that are ultimately priveleges, and get so upset over negativity towards things like that.

I don't intend to interrogate you on your personal issues but I just wanted you to know where I was coming from. You said something very similar to friends of mine, and those friends have ended up having serious mental health issues. Not everyone is the same, but since those experiences hit close to home, it worries me when I see anybody say things like that, and I've admittedly been in a position of unhealthy apathy before, even if not quite as bad as others. If you were my close friend, I would have just talked to you, but since I don't know you very well, I just suggested you see a counsellor while still putting a small offer to PM me about the gaming side of things (like you seem to like certain things that "only you like" that I know I like, like Tails as a character, for example, so if you needed someone to talk to on those kinds of things, then I'm willing to hear you out).

So if that makes me such a bad guy or worth villifying like some people seem to think, then fine. Apologies for being concerned about a user I actually think is pretty legit, and putting that before our differences in opinion on a ****ing video game console.

EDIT: Leaving this here because I think it's worth posting, I think people here could learn a thing or two.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So a recap of Nintendo IP's going mobile

Now
Super Mario
Pokémon
Tomodachi Life

Soon
Animal Crossing
Fire Emblem

What you want? I kinda want WarioWare.
Star Fox. With Star Fox Zero selling peanuts basically I think Star Fox is a series that can greatly benefit from the move to mobile. Would be convenient for mobile gamers as they can complete missions at their leisure.

A series like Advance Wars I would much rather want to be on the NX because I don't like the sound of AW being on mobile. Same with Golden Sun and F-Zero. Much better suited for a console or handheld.
Basically. Keeping a proper public safe image and all. And probably having to check with a chain of superiors before posting anything.

To throw Nintendo a bone it's not COMPLETELY unwarranted. The Sonic Twitter got a lot of flak for making an attack helicopter joke and Nintendo's already under enough fire from certain communities for writing in their games that wasn't even meant the way it was taken. I get the impression that a lot of Nintendo's employees would happily go wild and crazy if completely let off the leash, and that might not always be in the best ways.

I do wish Nintendo would be a LITTLE less whitewashed, but I get if they need to watch their backs more than SEGA. Maybe they should have their employees submit funny ways of presenting news and use the ones that avoid damage to their image the most while still being funny.
Y'know I would be interested to see how Nintendo employees feel about a lot of things like fan backlash to games and Nintendo's overall state of affairs.

I recall this Nintendo employee that went on a podcast last year to talk about Nintendo/Gaming related stuff and basically he didn't have a lot of nice things to say about "hardcore" gamers who want games localized from Japan and stuff. Basically made a lot of sweeping generalizations that I didn't necessarily agree with but found interesting nonetheless. He lost his job in the process for speaking out of line so I guess that's very discouraging for any other Nintendo employee to come out and speak their minds as well.

Chrono.

The meme is already fading, ever since the Zoo came out and said the memes were stupid they've been stopping.

Either that or I just unfollowed the righ people on Twitter. LOL

D

Deleted member

HxH is a great manga/anime from the ~25 episodes I watched and shouldn't be skipped because of its fanbase, I'd love to fully watch it but I started another 150 episode series one year ago and I haven't finished it yet so...
And suddenly, I just want Harambe and his fanboys to die...
Harambe did nothing wrong
It was the internet that turned the poor gorilla into a meme

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Fine, I just want the Harambe meme and his living fans to die. It was bad enough seeing a news article about how Harambe is the perfect meme, when it isn't.
****ing normies. This is why journalism had been dying for a while.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
My thing with the Harambe meme is that all of the jokes started popping up months after the incident.

Like, what caused the delay?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I actually watched it for the first time a couple months ago.

Best of use my otherwise crappy spring break for sure. lol
if YYH means Yu Yu Hakuso, them I must say, I love that anime to death
Yeah, Yu Yu Hakusho. Remember someone recommending it to me and just falling in love with the series with the first episode because Yusuke is unlike almost every other Shonen protagonist.

The first 2 arcs were my favorite of the series (Spirit Detective Arc especially). Chapter Black was decent though I feel that it was dragged out a bit and Three Kings Arc was okay-ish really. All in all the series is one of my favorite animes out there.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
****ing normies. This is why journalism had been dying for a while.
Except you are not a 4Chan user....

Though I can agree to some extent that journalists need to reevaluate their lives if they think reporting on a meme is worth the time for the general public. Like FOX News (everyone's favorite news network) reporting on the Luigi Death Stare long ago.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My thing with the Harambe meme is that all of the jokes started popping up months after the incident.

Like, what caused the delay?
"Alright team, we don't have any fresh memes right now, what to do?"
"Hey boss, how about this dead gorilla from 2 months ago?"
"The one that got shot?"
"Yeah. So, what if we turned the coping of the death of an animal into a meme?"
"Ricky you idiot that's so stupid and this is the exact reason why it's so perfect, alright boys, you can start the memeing"

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Yeah, Yu Yu Hakusho. Remember someone recommending it to me and just falling in love with the series with the first episode because Yusuke is unlike almost every other Shonen protagonist.

The first 2 arcs were my favorite of the series (Spirit Detective Arc especially). Chapter Black was decent though I feel that it was dragged out a bit and Three Kings Arc was okay-ish really. All in all the series is one of my favorite animes out there.
My thoughts exactly.

I especially liked the Dark Tournament, it's the best written tournament arc I've watched. The rules were looser so all the matches felt fresh, the protagonist wasn't overexposed so everybody go to do their thing and the Toguro/Yusuke fight was arguably a better version of Gohan/Cell.

Chapter Black I thought had some decent ideas but it kinda flopped (Plus I thought /that/ reveal regarding Yusuke was pretty bs), Three Kings was just... There. But the ending managed to be great.

I feel like an idiot for not watching it sooner.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nevermind that was pointless and stupid to say I just feel emotionally exhausted right now and am saying the first thing that pops into my head.

Not sure what I should do to feel in balance again, everything feels kind of pointless right now but even the feeling of pointlessness feels pointless in itself.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
How did Harambe even become a meme in the first place?
If I recall correctly.

It was a Pewdiepie stream.

One streamer randomly said "***** out for Harambe" and he laughed.

Pewds didn't use it but it caught on.

Just beat the duo of Janne and Nikolai. I don't know if that fight was supposed to be easier than the last of if its just my setup. Loving the necromancer and guardian jobs by the way. Off to Gathiletto I guess
HxH is a great manga/anime from the ~25 episodes I watched and shouldn't be skipped because of its fanbase,
In the midst of swathing it and am currently at the Chimera ant arc and can confirm this statement. It can be a bit spastic in its arcs (it seriously is all over the place) and the main character isn't anything to write home about but its still pretty fun. Certainly not what I expected.

Hence the Killua avatar I had earlier.
:061:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Just beat the duo of Janne and Nikolai. I don't know if that fight was supposed to be easier than the last of if its just my setup. Loving the necromancer and guardian jobs by the way. Off to Gathiletto I guess

In the midst of swathing it and am currently at the Chimera ant arc and can confirm this statement. It can be a bit spastic in its arcs (it seriously is all over the place) and the main character isn't anything to write home about but its still pretty fun. Certainly not what I expected.

Hence the Killua avatar I had earlier.
Legitimately I only used Necromancer to cheese a few bosses that use the trick of "ok you beat me now I'mma heal to full hp and have harder attacks this time" via Undo HP.

My basic end set up was....
Kaiser - Bishop [SPELLCRAFT MAKES LATER BISHOP SPELLS BROKEN]
Job 30 - Summoner [SPELLCRAFT MAKES MULTI-TARGET SPELLS BROKEN]
Pirate - Hawkeye [LOL WHAT'S DEFENSE]
Guardian - Hawkeye [TANK MODE TO CHARGE AND THEN PIERCE DEFENSE SOUL CANNON BARRAGE]

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:

Chrono.

Here's the new trailer.

Yo that song is fire though.

I hope it's not just trailer music.

Last edited:
Legitimately I only used Necromancer to cheese a few bosses that use the trick of "ok you beat me now I'mma heal to full hp and have harder attacks this time" via Undo HP.

My basic end set up was....
Kaiser - Bishop [SPELLCRAFT MAKES LATER BISHOP SPELLS BROKEN]
Job 30 - Summoner [SPELLCRAFT MAKES MULTI-TARGET SPELLS BROKEN]
Pirate - Hawkeye [LOL WHAT'S DEFENSE]
Guardian - Hawkeye [TANK MODE TO CHARGE AND THEN PIERCE DEFENSE SOUL CANNON BARRAGE]
Current setup because why not

Ninja-thief thief is just there for steal breath. Yew has triple wield so he does huge damage

Wizard-bishop Vivify vivify mist = lmao. Resurrect dart is cool too. Edea also just got steady MP recovery so she esentially has an endless pool.

Guardian-Fencer permanent 125% to deense and offense makes an already buff class ridiculous. With the ninjas "follow me" ability some fights become impossible to lose.

Necromancer- Performer endless MP from necromancer skill. Bufs to the already powerful party. Revives to full HP if timed right. Has Dispel and esunaga in the same low cost spell. Completely carrying the team.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know, this whole talk about why the Harambe meme sucks reminds me of a post that my buddy Artemis Square shared one day.

Because this image came from a Facebook page called Watermelon Memes, you can take a wild guess what the censored word was.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
#HotProfessorOak Confirmed.
Look I know you want to get some sun but at this point I think you should be worried about skin cancer.

Also when's the last time you got a haircut?

Now I'm thinking of the "Extra Crispy" Colonel from those KFC commercials

For everyone who missed it: The Colonel was at one point asked who he mained in Melee and basically answered "Falco, because you know my fondness for those of the avian persuasion."

I think Professor Oak has joined the PC master as well too.
Wouldn't his skin be gold and not molasses cookie brown, then?

Otherwise spot on, though.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
. . .I still can't get over the level of skin damage Oak must be earning in order to get that overcooked. I hope in his professorly knowledge he knows of a Pokemon that can fix that, because I don't think he's going to appreciate the extended stay to the hospital he's shooting for otherwise.

I think I've just witnessed the point in which someone has enjoyed a vacation a little too much.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I really hope that there's a sound test in the game now, I could listen to some of Sun/Moon's music for hours.

...Oh, and nice to see Prof. Oak, it's been three generations since he's popped up.

Touché.

Never forget this fashion disaster.

I'm still at a loss for what the point of those things were.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You know, this whole talk about why the Harambe meme sucks reminds me of a post that my buddy Artemis Square shared one day.

Because this image came from a Facebook page called Watermelon Memes, you can take a wild guess what the censored word was.
How fitting, the *****s that still laugh at Harambe memes are represented by the skull of a gorilla.

Sorry for kind of breaking the N Word privilege.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom