• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This guy eats rocks.
Not only that, but it also puts you to sleep. :p Though Gravios has both of those traits too, but still.(I wish Gravios were back in generations to where we could have a quest with both Uragaan and Gravios.)

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well then; sorry for my absence these past few days, Nintenzone!

I heard rumors that were was going to be more information on Sun and Moon tomorrow. Does that rumor still hold true?

D

Deleted member

Speaking of which, with Camelot co-developing Mario Sports Superstars, that means we have to wait a long time again to see Golden Sun 4 becoming a reality.

:/

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You know it's really hard to believe that there's already a Fire Emblem anime out there even if it is an OVA. Not to mention this came like 5-7 years before FE was ever released outside of Japan.
Really curious to know why they would release this anime overseas and not localize any FE game pre-FE7.
Speaking of which, with Camelot co-developing Mario Sports Superstars, that means we have to wait a long time again to see Golden Sun 4 becoming a reality.

:/
Hello darkness my old friend, i've come to talk with you again.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I heard rumors that were was going to be more information on Sun and Moon tomorrow. Does that rumor still hold true?
Yes, it is 9am EST tomorrow, or 22:00 JST which is 14:00 BST, 15:00 CEST, 06:00 PDT, 23:00 AEST

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, I'm not waking up that early. I can just wait to find out everything

Burruni

Smash Hero
"They're a character made up for and added into a prequel that has no impact that lasts to the original release in which they are never truly hinted to. Frankly, they're just there for padding and for some reason is treated like a main character.

Lyn is actually the Jar Jar Binks of Fire Emblem."

I love discussing things with my friends sometimes.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

man thats next level rumor spreading if pokemon themselves spread that rumor

I think im nearing the end of Bravely Second.

On the one hand, I want to get it over with so I can move on after playing so many RPGs in a row.

On the other hand I really don't want this game to end. :(
:061:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
"They're a character made up for and added into a prequel that has no impact that lasts to the original release in which they are never truly hinted to. Frankly, they're just there for padding and for some reason is treated like a main character.

Lyn is actually the Jar Jar Binks of Fire Emblem."

I love discussing things with my friends sometimes.
Something that's actually done a lot for prequels...(ex. Tauriel, Azog, and Bolg in The Hobbit films)

Real talk...was I the only person that actually liked Jar Jar and thought it sucked he had such an insignificant role in the other two films?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So Nintendo issued a DMCA notice on the "No Mario's Sky" I had shared here a few days ago.

....Nintendo's priorities are really messed up.

On a lighter note, the developers replaced it with DMCA's Sky. :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So Nintendo issued a DMCA notice on the "No Mario's Sky" I had shared here a few days ago.

....Nintendo's priorities are really messed up.

On a lighter note, the developers replaced it with DMCA's Sky. :laugh:
Ah damn, why doesn't Nintendo actually take the concept of "No Mario's Sky" and make a real game from it. It'd be sweet

procedurally generated Mario

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, Nintendo is still kind of a traditional company in many regards and see fan games as threatening to their business.

Whether you agree with them or not, they are nonetheless within their rights to protect their IP.

They aren't the only company to do so either, but it's also true that companies that don't mind fan games also exist (like Sega or Capcom).

Divergence in opinions also happens between the many company managers themselves...

D

Deleted member

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, done.
Turn to Metroid Prime 3: Corruption!

The more I replay it, the more I like this game.
Still not as WOW-ish as the first Prime, but it makes some improvements while bringing its own things as well, including some never-seen-before areas like the Sanctuary Fortress and stellar boss battles like Quadraxis and the final one.

Still kinda iffy about the ammo system for the light and dark beams, but it also brings its touch of challenge after all.

(And on a side note, it is the first time ever I 100%'d it, but I'm not completely proud of it since I watched a video on YT indicating every missile expansions' locations. Though to my defense, with the areas become wider to explore, it did make them more tedious and less appealing to find by yourself than in Prime 1.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
What about games that have a character that are inspired by an existing character in terms of design or character type and what not? How would that go?

I mean if I recall correctly, Mario was inspired by Popeye and Link by Peter Pan etc but still.....

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
idk, Id say they are just right but thats just me
I've more of a problem with them going after harmless games like this one.

AM2R could possibly cut into their profits, so it could be justified I suppose, but I'm not sure why Nintendo felt threatened from this one. (Unless they are making something similar)

It makes them look paranoid.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Nintendo and Square Enix are the only companies I can think of that do this ****. It's stupid that they chase after fan games that have no effect on their business. Flat out petty ****.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What exactly are the Pokemon rumors for tomorrow? Z25 Z25
For tomorrow specifically, there are two:
starters and Rockruff have a Z-move peculiar.Some Pokemon change form during the Z-move.
•Lylia is very important to complete the main story.
•The middle evo of the starters will be revealed on the 6th of September
•A new island will be revealed on the 6th of September.
•There are new alolan Pokemon
Persian dark/fairy
Paras line grass/fairy
Onix steel
•Zygarde is catchable in the main story
•Lylia cames from Kalos and she has got a Zygarde core.
•The Rockruff evo is similar Lucario and Zoroark.
•Some new Pokemon are snowman ice/ghost, tiki rock, new Pokemon line pure fighting type(think machop line)
•The demo will be available on the 26 of October.
•Lylia have got an hidden identity
•Solrock and Lunatone have a connection with a city of Alola.
•The Chinese leak is true
•excuse me for the bad English
[/QUOTE]

Rumor 2 said:
Next batch of news

> Alolas Persian, Raticate, Nidoking and Nidoqueen
> Introducing Anabel as Battle Royal Leader, showing that you'll be able to battle online, make tournaments and all that
> SM demo worldwide on 28th

That's all

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What about games that have a character that are inspired by an existing character in terms of design or character type and what not? How would that go?

I mean if I recall correctly, Mario was inspired by Popeye and Link by Peter Pan etc but still.....
It's okay as long as it doesn't look blatanly similar.

You can't really connect Mario, Donkey Kong and Pauline to Popeye, Olive and Brutus without someone telling you.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Ah damn, why doesn't Nintendo actually take the concept of "No Mario's Sky" and make a real game from it. It'd be sweet

procedurally generated Mario
Isn't that basically how the Mario Maker stage in Smash works, actually, or am I wrong on that?

Granted due to being a Smash Bros stage and not a traditional platformer there's a different type of pattern to structure layouts and a far smaller size, but the idea is there.

For all we know that idea might be in the pile of ideas they're considering using someday.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

And Metroid inspired by the Alien movies...Even having a character flat-out named after the directer...

Having content based on existing source material is fine because you are still creating original content...so long as it doesn't follow the source material too much that it's literally a rip-off version of it...however unauthorized use of a trademarked character is still copyright infringement...

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

It all depends on a few things.
1) How blatant is the similarity?
2) Does the character serve a purpose in their universe? Are they merely fanservice of a previous product, either of the company or just something popular?
3) Does the character FIT in their world?

Daidouji is very clearly female Jotaro without Star Platinum, supplimented with some other typical shounen-esque martial art super abilities.
But god DAMN if they don't make it work.

Edit: I responded just talking about quality, not copyright. Whoops.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Rose from Street Fighter is clearly Capcom's Lisa Lisa.

They sure love their JoJo references.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
FalKoopa FalKoopa Aetheri Aetheri Burruni Burruni

Thanks for the response, I'm working on designing a character that is inspired by a a certain character design style I enjoy so I was a bit concerned on how I should go about designing it. Especially with all the DMCA warnings thrown around by companies such as Nintendo these days. (Even though said design doesn't belong to Nintendo to begin with but still.)

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Don't forget Guile, who is the american version of Rudol Von Stroheim.
UNTIL I SEE GUILE WITH A CHEST-MOUNTED MACHINE GUN.
GERMANY'S SCIENCE HAS YET TO BE THE GREATEST IN THE VUUU--
AMERICA'S SCIENCE HAS YET TO BE THE GREATEST SCIENCE IN THE WOOORLD.

Edit: Seriously though, in a game where most characters are kept very speedy and combo-heavy as most action games tend to go.
Having a brute like this just feels so damn good.
PG-13 Warning for Attire and Mild Dosages of "Physics"

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
FalKoopa FalKoopa Aetheri Aetheri Burruni Burruni

Thanks for the response, I'm working on designing a character that is inspired by a a certain character design style I enjoy so I was a bit concerned on how I should go about designing it. Especially with all the DMCA warnings thrown around by companies such as Nintendo these days. (Even though said design doesn't belong to Nintendo to begin with but still.)
As long as the character itself your designing is far enough away from the source material there shouldn't be an issue...

Keep in mind almost every single character and creature design out there has been inspired by something else that exists...it's almost impossible to truly come up with something 100% original...especially in this day and age when almost every idea possible has already been implemented in some way...

Burruni

Smash Hero
Oh boy, a repeat of the reason why Paper Mario took a different formula.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/09/...why-paper-mario-moved-away-from-rpg-elements/
"On the other hand, the Mario & Luigi RPG series is created more in a 2D space. And obviously, because we have this fully realized 3D world in the Paper Mario games, we’re able to have much more dynamic events, like you saw in the trailer, with the game being rolled up and the camera panning around."

Can we
Can we take a moment
And examine the focus on them driving the point of a more 3D world
For the literally 2D character
In maps that have as much "3D space" given to them as most M&L maps

Chrono.

Someone found some misc console mocks up and I can't stop laughing at these.

Keep these in mind when you see NX leaks or rumors.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Don't forget Guile, who is the american version of Rudol Von Stroheim.
Then there's also Juri who is similar to Jolyne Kujo even down to the Spider motif

And KOF is still the king of Ripoffs with Benimaru being based off of Polneraff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom