• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think the best way for a Nintendo Wars character to work would be to play as any one of the many commanders as a typical 3D character but their moves to summon sprites to fight for them.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I think the best way for a Nintendo Wars character to work would be to play as any one of the many commanders as a typical 3D character but their moves to summon sprites to fight for them.
That's sort of what I envisioned in my Dream Smashers article though I also gave Andy the option of fighting with his wrench and having healing capabilities in addition to summoning units like Artillery's, Recons, Bombers, and Tanks.

You can see the full moveset in my article up on SG.

http://sourcegaming.info/2016/06/28/ds-andy/

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So the Pokemon Center's special halloween promotion this year will feature Pokemon wearing masks to fit a "masquerade party" theme, and they already released some awesome special artwork for this promotional series.

Not gonna lie, but Mega Gallade and Mega Gardevoir look amazing here. especially with the gold around Gallade's helmet. It also seems like Pokemon is continuing to promote shiny Gardevoir even after the release of that Magearna movie and I guess that's cool considering she has one of the best-looking shiny forms. The merchandise will even primarily focus on the two Pokemon. I know many people here seem to like the Ralts evolution family, so that's why I decided to share it.

I even want to see a 3DS menu theme released in the future featuring this artwork.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Animal Crossing NX is a no brainer as they did the literal no brainer move of never releasing a proper WiiU Animal Crossing.

amiibo money must be a hell of a drug for that mess of a game to have seemed like a good idea.

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Champion
Animal Crossing NX is obv going to happen sooner than later given the game probably started life as a Wii U project (and the new New Leaf update was obv made with compatibility towards future AC titles in mind - though whether just for the mobile iteration remains to be seen) and from my understanding Miitomo was like a watered down Tomodachi Life, which did very well, so yeah, I could see a sequel happening.

Whether they really will be launch titles, who knows, but AC is obv going to come (imo it's perfect for a paradigm like the NX) and the Tomodachi/Miitomo business isn't going to be stopping, though I couldn't really care less about it.

Chrono.

If the NX is indeed a portable hybrid thing then AC is a given.

That game is just made for portability.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If the NX is indeed a portable hybrid thing then AC is a given.

That game is just made for portability.
Technically it was made for the Nintendo 64 but given how much internal clocks and "on the go" suit it, it was a head of it's time.

Chrono.

Technically it was made for the Nintendo 64 but given how much internal clocks and "on the go" suit it, it was a head of it's time.
I know.

I'm just saying, the series is better suited for portability, even if it does just fine on consoles.

So the Pokemon Center's special halloween promotion this year will feature Pokemon wearing masks to fit a "masquerade party" theme, and they already released some awesome special artwork for this promotional series.

Not gonna lie, but Mega Gallade and Mega Gardevoir look amazing here. especially with the gold around Gallade's helmet. It also seems like Pokemon is continuing to promote shiny Gardevoir even after the release of that Magearna movie and I guess that's cool considering she has one of the best-looking shiny forms. The merchandise will even primarily focus on the two Pokemon. I know many people here seem to like the Ralts evolution family, so that's why I decided to share it.

I even want to see a 3DS menu theme released in the future featuring this artwork.
Did they just officially put Lucario and Lopunny together??

Oh dear.
:061:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

You had me at Pokemon Center

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

This is pretty cool. Whoever drew it, did it very well. Wonder what the rest will be like.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Did they just officially put Lucario and Lopunny together??

Oh dear.
Well they cant breed together so it wouldnt anyway
I saw Animal Crossing as a game that's going to be on the NX.
I hope not. Animal Crossing works better as a portable game

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
. . .Hmmmm. . .

I've always thought Nintendo dropped the Wii U like a hot potato as soon as it flopped rather than down the road, so that's kind of confirmation bias on that one for me, LOL.

Telling the indie devs to wait a few months makes sense since Nintendo will likely have a thinner period between launch and holiday they want to fill and the indies releasing at March would get them all cannibalized by Nintendo games.

I guess it will be nice to be able to play the mobile games without a mobile phone and I was worried about people being able to unlock certain things otherwise, but hopefully those aren't too much padding of the game release roster.

Judging by the wording the part about Mario Kart 8 and Nintendo Land seems like just speculation on the leaker's part after a couple of readings of the paragraph, though.

The comments about the actual system seem to be "You have no idea what you're getting into yet but I can't tell you what."

. . .This just makes me want even more for someone to drop the full list of launch titles. Or for Nintendo to tell us when they plan on making the reveal.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That NX rumor's source has a lot of broken English. They clearly don't speak it as their first language. Which if a legit source, makes it pretty easy to find out who could have it. As there can't be to many people working on multiple projects under a NX dev kit.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
What the heck, why does my sig rotator work on SF but not here?

Ugh I guess I have to pick just one Eila/Sanya image to use here. >:C

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think I'm gonna do that ConquestXFate run idea I had some time ago
So I need some help from other FE players as I need 6 other units to represent the 7 Servants
I already have my Corrin as Saber so I need: Archer, Lancer(Spear Fighter), Assassin(Ninja), Berserker, Rider(Cavalier) and Caster(Sorcerer).
I'd like to have them already reclassed and by doing Chapter 6 through Branch of Fate and building a Staff/Rod Shop once you get to My Castle is the easiest way
So yeah, if anyone could help me with that, just set up a easy seize in the castle and send me the castle code

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Currently watching Kochikame on YouTube thanks to YouTube having a decent English translator this time.

I'm going to be in for a wild ride.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Currently watching Kochikame on YouTube thanks to YouTube having a decent English translator this time.

I'm going to be in for a wild ride.
MomMom is a god for finally posting these episode several weeks before the Kochikame manga officially ends. Sure, the translation itself isn't perfect because it's YouTube. But it's good old slapstick comedy with a hint of Japanese pop culture trends and jokes.

Mind telling me what episode you are watching?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So I was looking through the Bulbapedia thread again, and it looks like the Sun/Moon Riddler gave a couple more hints. I'm a bit more unsure of these since it's a different person posting them, but considering who translated it is the same person who did the same for the Chinese leak (Lavandula is Cresselia~~), it has some legitimacy. So without further ado:

The Riddler said all of these are revealed Pokémon, for those who can't see it, it goes:
-The pink and brown helmet the kid is wearing is Pyukumuku
-The fish the fisherman is trying to catch is Wishiwashi
-The Meteor in the sky is Minior
-Then, there's a picture of a black rock with a purple top, one with a orange helmet with a large yellow border at the bottom, and one with three birds flying alongside the sailboat.

He said that the Magmar line are in the Alolan Pokedex, but didn't say anything about Alolan forms, Z moves, or any other new tricks.

Aside from Totem Pokémon and Alolan forms, there is something else coming, and it's heavily advertised. He then follows up with this:
Gen 6: Meganium, MegaYanmega
Gen 7: Porygon-Z

Interestingly, he also refers to these Pokémon as a "family", hinting at them getting pre-evolutions or evolutions:
Mimikyu
Salandit
Drampa
Bruxish

There's a bit more that he supposedly commented on, but I'm waiting for either Pokesan or Lavandula to say anything.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
MomMom is a god for finally posting these episode several weeks before the Kochikame manga officially ends. Sure, the translation itself isn't perfect because it's YouTube. But it's good old slapstick comedy with a hint of Japanese pop culture trends and jokes.

Mind telling me what episode you are watching?
I'm not sure of the episode name, but it's one where Ryo-san is trying make a deal with a time share guy for a vacation to Hawaii. Of course, the episodes ends with everyone getting pissed at him for getting some details about Japan's economic history wrong (or having them on the vacation too begin with).

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
So I was looking through the Bulbapedia thread again, and it looks like the Sun/Moon Riddler gave a couple more hints. I'm a bit more unsure of these since it's a different person posting them, but considering who translated it is the same person who did the same for the Chinese leak (Lavandula is Cresselia~~), it has some legitimacy. So without further ado:

The Riddler said all of these are revealed Pokémon, for those who can't see it, it goes:
-The pink and brown helmet the kid is wearing is Pyukumuku
-The fish the fisherman is trying to catch is Wishiwashi
-The Meteor in the sky is Minior
-Then, there's a picture of a black rock with a purple top, one with a orange helmet with a large yellow border at the bottom, and one with three birds flying alongside the sailboat.

He said that the Magmar line are in the Alolan Pokedex, but didn't say anything about Alolan forms, Z moves, or any other new tricks.

Aside from Totem Pokémon and Alolan forms, there is something else coming, and it's heavily advertised. He then follows up with this:
Gen 6: Meganium, MegaYanmega
Gen 7: Porygon-Z

Interestingly, he also refers to these Pokémon as a "family", hinting at them getting pre-evolutions or evolutions:
Mimikyu
Salandit
Drampa
Bruxish

There's a bit more that he supposedly commented on, but I'm waiting for either Pokesan or Lavandula to say anything.
Gen 6 + Meganium and Yanmega seems to mean Mega Stones while Gen 7 + Porygon-Z implies Z-Stones. So, does that mean there is a secret of some sort between the two? Or is this just saying "Z-Stones are the Gen 7 equivalent of Mega Stones"? Also, the Magmortar bit just seems... odd. He just flat out says it. Has the riddler ever done that before?

:094:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Not gonna shell out money for that if my Wii U is still in working condition. I dont listen to NX rumors

Id rather it stay on DSs
3DS isn't going to last past 2018 though. It would be a lot more smarter to have the game on the NX if it's going to be purely handheld or even if it's the dual console/handheld hybrid as rumored.

What are the odds that the NX is purely a console anyways? Pretty sure Kimishima said something among the lines of the NX not being purely a console or a handheld.

Of course if you don't want to buy an NX that's fine. Personally I might not get an NX til 2018 or something. Just stating why a new AC game is better off for the NX than it is on the Wii U or the 3DS.

Last edited:
I knew Bravely Second's sidequest system was flawed down to its basic principle. . .but this. . this is downright inhumane
If i want the dark knight asterisk I need to turn my back on Alternis?

How dare you square. How dare you.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I knew Bravely Second's sidequest system was flawed down to its basic principle. . .but this. . this is downright inhumane
If i want the dark knight asterisk I need to turn my back on Alternis?

How dare you square. How dare you.
Do it now because he'll kick your ass a hell of a lot harder the second time around

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I LOVE YOU FOOTBALL

YOU ARE THE GREATEST SPORT OF ALL TIME

YESSSSSS TEXAS FIGHT

Do it now because he'll kick your *** a hell of a lot harder the second time around
That only mskes me want to fight him less.

Make it so if I do need to take him down, make it a blaze of glory in a battle for the ages instead of a curbstomp.

Only the best for my favorite class (even if necromancer is trying is best for that fpot)

Burruni

Smash Hero
That only mskes me want to fight him less.

Make it so if I do need to take him down, make it a blaze of glory in a battle for the ages instead of a curbstomp.

Only the best for my favorite class (even if necromancer is trying is best for that fpot)
OH IT ISN'T A CURBSTOMP BUT IT'S YOUR FUNERAL

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You know what, someone needs to upload the entire Tottemo! Luckyman anime on YouTube and add English subtitles just like MomMom did with Kochikame.

Now that would be a pipe dream that will never happen since it's not as iconic or popular as Kochikame. It's a damn shame too since it's one of my favorite gag series from Jump.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know Kochikame's comedy is insane when dolphins are capable of throwing grenades and shooting missiles. And ForneverWorld's fanboys said that the anime was boring.

You know what, someone needs to upload the entire Tottemo! Luckyman anime on YouTube and add English subtitles just like MomMom did with Kochikame.

Now that would be a pipe dream that will never happen since it's not as iconic or popular as Kochikame. It's a damn shame too since it's one of my favorite gag series from Jump.
Even though Luckyman isn't a riot compared to Kochikame and Gintama, I agree with that notion. Maybe the jokes would be funnier if there were a real translation and the only HQ version online isn't the one from India.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG

"Niantic have just announced the recently leaked system known as the Buddy System. With this, you can select your favourite Pokémon which will appear alongside you in the game. As you walk in the game, your buddy will provide various Candy for you. Full details of this are not known and it'll be added to the game in the next update. Be sure to check back for more details"

OMG gonna have a Squirtle buddy

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
OMG

"Niantic have just announced the recently leaked system known as the Buddy System. With this, you can select your favourite Pokémon which will appear alongside you in the game. As you walk in the game, your buddy will provide various Candy for you. Full details of this are not known and it'll be added to the game in the next update. Be sure to check back for more details"

OMG gonna have a Squirtle buddy
I don't see Snorlax providing any candy.

I still don't even have Go. Not even a Snorlax buddy would temp me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom