• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Here's a question for people...

If you could have a Pokemon team in real life, what pokemon would you have?...
Only up to six Pokemon and no repeats...

A more modest team I suppose since we can include Legends...but here's mine...
1. :215:-In Pokemon Crystal Sneasel was the Pikachu to my Ash, if Pokemon was real life this would literally be the case...no poke-balls for my Sneasel...
2. Salamence-While Sneasel was my Pikachu, Salamence was my Charizard...He'd definitely be my powerhouse...
3. Sharpedo-Pretty much my own personalized Sea doo...one that can devour my enemies...I guess Gyarados works too, but I do like Sharpedo slightly over Gyarados...also Gyarados is supposedly rather difficult to train, and I ain't got time for dat...
4. Torterra-I can't help but think of how relaxing it would be to just sit on Torterra's back in the shade of his tree and just cruise around where-ever while reading a book or something...
5. Typhlosion-He just wants to cuddle...
Also no problem starting campfires if needed...
6. Sableye-Handy having a ghost around, especially one that can dig up precious stones...hopefully he won't eat them all though...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Got to say, things are look pretty damn bad for Samon the Summoner when it's in the Bottom 5 this week. Better hope your new favorite gag manga doesn't get cancelled within three months from now AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27
I wouldn't count Samon out just yet. It's that gag manga are bound to have their low rated chapters once in a while. Saiki K. and Gintama are perfect examples of this. No way it will be the Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san of 2016.

Toriko took Bleach's spot in the bottom, Straihten Up is declining pretty fast, and Takuan and Batsu are guaranteed to get cancelled by the next round. Plus, the new series might as well decline while Kimetsu stick around a bit longer. It's far from over for the cynical blue haired demon summoner yet.

Last edited:

1. :215:-In Pokemon Crystal Sneasel was the Pikachu to my Ash, if Pokemon was real life this would literally be the case...no poke-balls for my Sneasel...
2. Salamence-While Sneasel was my Pikachu, Salamence was my Charizard...He'd definitely be my powerhouse...
3. Sharpedo-Pretty much my own personalized Sea doo...one that can devour my enemies...I guess Gyarados works too, but I do like Sharpedo slightly over Gyarados...also Gyarados is supposedly rather difficult to train, and I ain't got time for dat...
4. Torterra-I can't help but think of how relaxing it would be to just sit on Torterra's back in the shade of his tree and just cruise around where-ever while reading a book or something...
6. Sableye-Handy having a ghost around, especially one that can dig up precious stones...hopefully he won't eat them all though...
Im must going to ignore stuff from the pokedex meaning that whoever I choose will probably kill me.

1. Eevee and whatever it wants to eveolve into. It's so cute. :3
2.Luxray
3. Flygon- I need someone to use Fly and Flygon is really cool
4.:034: My favorite pokemon of all time
5. Gardevoir
6. :062:

A mix of cute and powerful.
:061:

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Just back back from the film "Kubo and the Two Strings". It was amazing! I loved the characters, action, and writing. If you told me it was all stop motion, I'd have a hard believing that (It's almost like CGI quality).

I'd recommend it.
Wait what?! It's not CGI, but stop motion?

Now I really want to see this movie if it has such beautiful and fluid stop motion.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
My Pokemon team would be ones that not only serve a purpose, but ones that would be fun to journey with.

1. :210: (My loyal bull of destruction)
2. :068: (My gym partner and powerhouse)
3. Excavalier (My sworn to the sword adviser)
4. Flygon (The obligatory pet dragon)
5. Bidoof (My cuddly troll and troublemaker)
6. Vanillish (My portable freezer and snow buddy)

Ivander

Smash Legend
To me, Bastion from Overwatch is like if a Generic Unit from Fire Emblem Evolve into it's own character, and personality while still being silent and somewhat still like every other soldier.
To be honest, I would totally be interested in a Fire Emblem game where you only have the main character as the only unique unit and the rest of the units you use are generic units. Well, maybe not a full game or main game, but a spin-off/DLC where you are a commander/Lord who has to use generics to save a kingdom.
Basically, Fire Emblem + Dragon Quest III + a bit of Advance Wars. I'll use a sort of Fates DLC-style to exemplify:
Corrin and their servant(Felicia/Jakob) are approached by a generic Maid who asks Corrin to help their world. The character warns that their followers will not be able to follow them, but nevertheless, Corrin brings their group to follow the character. But when Corrin enters the Outrealm and arrives at the kingdom, they find that no one from their group is with them or have come. The character who came to them tells them that their friends can't follow them due to a powerful force preventing those who are "special/etc" from entering. The force is a supped-up Capture Boss(say, Gazak or Nichol) who has been terrorizing the kingdom.
Corrin asks the Maid character on how they were able to enter and she tells them it is because they are a "Lord", a special term for those who have an important cause to history and that Corrin can help defeat this force and save their world. Without their group, Corrin must bring together people who have been deemed "not special" and bring out their potential to help save their world from the powerful force.
Basically, the map is very big, comparable to Genealogy. The Capture Boss is on a throne that the player must seize to win the battle. Alongside the throne where the Capture Boss is, there are villages, garrisons and armories. Using gold gotten during the map, the player can buy items from the armories for their units. Visiting villages can give gold, units or rare items or weapons. All units on the map will be changed depending on Corrin's level, much like other DLC levels.
Corrin starts with 5 Generic units, alongside the Maid. The Generics you start with, besides the Maid, are somewhat, but not fully random. If a low level, they will start out in a basic class. At a high level, they will start on a set Promoted Class.
-The first Generic is either a Samurai(Swordmaster), Spear Fighter(Spear Master), Fighter(Berserker) or a Mercenary(Hero).
-The second Generic is either a Cavalier(Paladin), Wyvern Knight(Wyvern Lord) or Pegasus Knight(Falcon Knight).
-The third Generic is either a Ninja(Master Ninja), Archer(Sniper) or Outlaw(Bow Knight).
-The fourth Generic is either a Diviner(Onmyoji) or a Dark Mage(Sorcerer). However, at higher levels, the Generic can also be a Strategist.
All of them have their own stats, stat modifiers and growths and start out with Iron weapons while Corrin has his Yato. They start with both of their basic class skills(like HP+5 for Fighter and etc) and can also start with their Promoted Class skills at higher levels. They, however, also have their own Personal skill, which can be any of the skills that can be a Personal skill for a Bond Unit, but their Personal skill won't be a skill that their main class can use. For the Maid character, she will always have either Forceful Partner, Devoted Partner or Evasive Partner. Alongside their main class, all Generics also have two other reclasses. Their reclasses are entirely random and Generics can change into a different class with a Second Seal. So a Samurai you get could also reclass into a Oni Savage and Knight.
Besides the 5 Generics the player starts with, the player can find and add more Generics to their army by talking to Green units or by finding them in villages. Much like the Generics who join you at the beginning, they also have their own Personal Skill, reclass and an Iron weapon. The classes of the Generics you find on the field or in villages will be entirely randomized, but it will not repeat classes for each time they appear(Basically, you could get 2 Fighters if you start with a Fighter at the beginning, but you will only get 1 Fighter if you don't start with one at the beginning). Very rarely, you might even find a Villager, Kitsune or Wolfskin as a potential Generic Unit.
Supports are also in as well. However, for this DLC, the Supports work differently. Basically, if two units fight with each other a number of times, they will get a rank in Support automatically, starting with C, then to B than it ends at A(No S-ranks).
The ultimate goal is to get many Generics to fight for your cause, defeat the Capture Boss and seize the Throne. After the map is done and the thank-yous have been done for the after-story part, you can choose one of the Generics you got during the battle, including the Maid and Generics you get at the beginning of the battle, to join your army. They will keep their names, Stats, their Stat modifiers, growths, skills(including Personal skill), and Second Seal reclasses.
That aside, I think a Fire Emblem game where you only just have a Lord as the only Unique unit and only Generic units would be interesting and sounds like it has potential. Also, it's not like the Generics aren't pretty/cool to look at.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
1. :073: (Jellies are awesome)
2. :115: (She can have me play with her Joey all day long)
3. Komala (Because koalas are ****ing cute)
4. :226: (He can be my personal surfer)
5. Throh (The obligatory sparring partner)
6. Teddiursa (He would look good next to my current plush and figure collection)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well, we got some more rumors sort of I guess...
Pretty vague, but sounds promising.
This has pretty much been my take on it for a while.

I don't have any insider info, but Nintendo has been slow with games for waaaaaay too long and they've been emphasizing games in their strategy.

I mostly just care about the games front and on that end I suspect what we're getting is going to be plentiful and top tier.

It's nice that reality has been confirming my assumption on that end so far, LOL.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Out of curiosity, what do you guys think will get announced during the 3DS Direct tomorrow? As I guessed earlier today, I'd say Etrian Odyssey 5 english translation and more Pokemon Sun and Moon information.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

:009: Best kind of guardian
:026: This line is my baby [extra points for Psychu]
:028: Greatest tool for any kind of outdoor work. Cutting grass, pulling weeds. Could probably do a hell of a job trimming trees with a little help....
:182: Cute little thing that can induce sleep on my terrible schedule.
Gardevoir: Resident psychic-type is a need. One that has a big chunk of lore around emotional sensitivity and aide? Hell yeah.
Braviary: Better than driving. Most birds of prey have average flight speed of 40-60 mph and max that can hit hundreds. And let's be honest just having it would be pretty badass.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Out of curiosity, what do you guys think will get announced during the 3DS Direct tomorrow? As I guessed earlier today, I'd say Etrian Odyssey 5 english translation and more Pokemon Sun and Moon information.
More of a wish list than a prediction:

Pokémon Sun & Moon
Yo-kai Watch 2
Ever Oasis
Detective Pikachu

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

1. Braviary: My dedicated flier
2. Hydreigon:

There's no way this jolly little fellow is an unredeemable, omnicidal destructive beast, I bet he'd be a great pal to have around (as long as I feed him).
3. Rockruff (and probably it's evolution): Cute little puppy that would stand by me no matter what, and he's a Rock type, which would be very useful for its coverage in battle.
4. Heliolisk: Seems like it'd be a fun guy to have around and it works well in different weather conditions, plus it could help with my energy needs.
5. Greninja: Could be my eyes from the shadows.
6. Escavalier: My knight in shining armor that he stole.

Honorable mentions: Salamence (barely missed the list), Luxray, Cradily.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl

Gengar (No one saw that coming amirite?)
Blastoise
Dragonite
Heracross
Gardevoir
Mamoswine

Honorable mentions go out to Houndoom, Magnezone, and Greninja.

:094:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok encountered more fakemon in Giriatina strikes back. Pretty nice fakemon, simple but cool. Although I was just able to catch this and love that I could:
Screenshot (227).png

Never understood why this wasn't official.

EDIT:

And Now Samus has shown up at least someone remembered the anniversary!
]
Screenshot (228).png

And there are wild Metroids! Time to fight Space Pirates!
Screenshot (230).png

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
A Pokemon team, huh? Here would be my team.

1. Feraligatr (My current favorite water starter and trusty Gen 2 starter.)
2. Lucario (Loyal and fit. Plus I could have a Mega forming friend.)
3. Charizard (I couldn't resist, I like it. Also, obligatory Pokemon for Fly)
4. Golurk (A strange Pokemon for battle and for historic look to it.)
5. Seviper (My "back away from me" Pokemon)
6. Aurorus (A chilly fossil Pokemon, which could double as a "cute" Pokemon)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Non-Legendary since that would flood the list with Legendaries due to "take over the earth" level applications, LOL.

Actually not sure what I would pick, but I'll try for a variety of six.

1. Lucario: Both awesome and has the ability to read the emotions of anyone in a half-mile radius.
2. Aurorus: A DINOSAUR. Also functions as a portable fridge for all those hot summer days. And cooling my electronics.
3. Charizard: Provides heat when cold and can fly me anywhere. I should probably be careful about that tail though, LOL.
4: Pikachu: It might be funny to shock people by showing them a live Pokemon they can actually recognize. Portable electricity is a plus, too.
5. Empoleon: Spontaneous water generation due to being a Water type, used to provide water for famine stricken countries! :D I can probably hang on tight and have them swim me places, too.
6. Meganium: Decided on this one on a whim looking through Pokedex 3D Pro, but I figured a Grass type could grow plants and this one in particular can actually revive dead ones with it's breath. Should be good for the environment or something.

I tried to do a selection of six with a variety of practical abilities. Lucario's kind of a lock on non-Legendary lists for me though, as rather than being tied to type or body shape it's abilities are species unique and could probably be used for stuff like better managing social interactions or telling when the government is coming to kidnap me before they get too close.

Empath vision FTW.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Ok encountered more fakemon in Giriatina strikes back. Pretty nice fakemon, simple but cool. Although I was just able to catch this and love that I could:
View attachment 116783

Never understood why this wasn't official.

EDIT:

And Now Samus has shown up at least someone remembered the anniversary!
]View attachment 116784
And there are wild Metroids! Time to fight Space Pirates!
View attachment 116785
I have a lot of questions I probably should be asking, but the one that came to mind was this:

Did you have to use Ice type moves on it?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I have a lot of questions I probably should be asking, but the one that came to mind was this:

Did you have to use Ice type moves on it?
No, any type worked basically. It's dark and has levitate. Also evolves into Gama Metroid.

D

Deleted member

Just back back from the film "Kubo and the Two Strings". It was amazing! I loved the characters, action, and writing. If you told me it was all stop motion, I'd have a hard believing that (It's almost like CGI quality).

I'd recommend it.
Ugggh, I want to see that movie so bad. It looks awesome and I heard it was too.

1. Garchomp-This would be my starter pokemon and the one closest by my side. Great design and very potent.
2. Tyrantrum-My fossil pokemon, favorite out of all the fossil pokemon.
3. Sceptile-My favorite starter line overall.
4. Starmie- Awesome water and psychic type.
5. Tyranitar-One of my favorite pokemon designs easily out of all the classic ones.
6. Groudon-Last one added to the party, tried to avoid legendaries but Groudon is my favorite in general, and the primal reversion made that even more so.

All of the pokemon listed start at the beggining of their starter line. Dinosaurs and a starfish pretty much. :p But these pokemon would the ones I'd use in a personalized team.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I think I'll start a new playthrough of Pokemon Y...It's been a while since I've played any of the Gen VI games...
I have a bit of an idea of what my team will be...although if people have suggestions...

I don't think I'll bother with Megas for this playthrough however...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

1) Gallade - A heroic dual-wielding knight with extendable swords on his elbows and a diverse moveset? Heck yes! Not only would Gallade be my main Pokemon, but he'd also be the Mega Evolution on my team as well.
2) Greninja - Can't say no to the ninja frog. Would make a great partner with Gallade considering it's a knight and a ninja fighting side by side. Greninja would even by my Surf Pokemon if necessary.
3) Talonflame - The flyer on my team. I'd prefer it to the other Flying-types because of the Fire-typing instead of the Normal-typing.
4) Roserade - Elegant but deadly with a nice range of Poison-type attacks. It could even the fill role as my status inflictor with moves like Stun Spore, Grasswhistle, and Toxic.
5) Salamence - I just got to have a dragon on my team, and I think this one will do. It's fast and hits really hard. Two Flying-types is an issue? Bah, it's no big deal. Talonflame and Salamence both share a Rock weakness, but Gallade, Greninja, and Roserade take care of it perfectly.
6) Sylveon - Favorite Fairy-type Pokemon, and would probably be the healer Pokemon of my team. It would also fill the role as the "cute" member.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Blastoise - My favorite pokemon. Also his water streams at full power can rip off flesh from bone. Then grind that bone to dust.
Tyrantrum - He's a mother****ing T-Rex
Ampharos - My second favorite pokemon, also nice and fluffy
Reuniclus - My favorite Psychic Pokemon
Porygon-Z - Can enter Cyberspace and hack ****
Ditto - Can turn into anything I want it to

I guess these are my choices

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
well guys as we are 10 hours away from the direct its time to enter radio silence mode see you all after its happened and at least 50 people have asked for nx information

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

:009:- Because best starter and the perfect Pokemon to take to the beach

:128:- Because I'm a Texan for more reasons than one

Swellow- Super Speedy bird to fly around with

Gallade- the ultimate bodyguard but can also help do my taxes because psychic type

Scrafty- The ultimate bro Pokemon

Litten- because he's cute

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So yeah Shadow Lords is certainly interesting and has plenty of lore in it. Interested to see what comes up for the guest characters.

No legends because being OP isn't always fun.
1. Blastoise - The starter, the one that never enters it's Ball. Dedicated Water type for Surfing and such.
2. Tyranitar - Literally because you basically have Discount Godzilla with you.
3. Aggron - Nothing stops this train. Nothing. Pass the wholegrain.
4. Talonflame - Dedicated flying type for getting around, also switches things up a little.
5. Gardevoir - Every team needs a Dragon slayer. Also throws in a wider variety of options to consider with the move pool.
6. Gengar - Once again grants plenty of options and fills more of a trickster role.

It's time to stop
Modding was a mistake

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So...what would people nickname an oversized armoured chesnut hedgehog?....

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Looks like I won't be watching the Nintendo Direct live tomorrow, but one of my classes has been called off for tomorrow, so it looks like I'll use that extra time to learn about what was revealed (still got time to do homework later in the day, so it's all good).

As for the newest Pokemon XY&Z episode, I'm probably not going to watch it until later in the night this time around. Either way, tomorrow will be an exciting day for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom