• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Opossum Opossum

I need this please.
Being someone who is not well versed in Marvel.
There's only one thing I could think of when I heard "Future Foundation."

And now I need overly dramatic posing in my Spiderman.
You did this.

It's not a toaster. :troll:
Aww... I was hoping it would be.... :sadsheep:

Here's a question for people...

If you could have a Pokemon team in real life, what pokemon would you have?...
Only up to six Pokemon and no repeats...

A more modest team I suppose since we can include Legends...but here's mine...
1. :215:-In Pokemon Crystal Sneasel was the Pikachu to my Ash, if Pokemon was real life this would literally be the case...no poke-balls for my Sneasel...
2. Salamence-While Sneasel was my Pikachu, Salamence was my Charizard...He'd definitely be my powerhouse...
3. Sharpedo-Pretty much my own personalized Sea doo...one that can devour my enemies...I guess Gyarados works too, but I do like Sharpedo slightly over Gyarados...also Gyarados is supposedly rather difficult to train, and I ain't got time for dat...
4. Torterra-I can't help but think of how relaxing it would be to just sit on Torterra's back in the shade of his tree and just cruise around where-ever while reading a book or something...
5. Typhlosion-He just wants to cuddle...
Also no problem starting campfires if needed...
6. Sableye-Handy having a ghost around, especially one that can dig up precious stones...hopefully he won't eat them all though...
1. Gengar - obvious
2. Torterra - my first starter and first Pokemon I got to lv. 100.
3. Krookodile - favorite Gen 5 Pokemon
4. Seviper - Gen 3 favorite
5. Gliscor
6. Tyrantrum

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What's the website that hosts the Nintendo directs?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Twitter is in open rebellion over the YouTube policy changes.

I really feel sorry for all the content creators who were affected by this.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Twitter is in open rebellion over the YouTube policy changes.

I really feel sorry for all the content creators who were affected by this.
This is the biggest blunder I've seen since the Fine Bros.

Restricting kinds of content because of adds is never a thing you should do. Television never does that. Radio never does that. Movies never do that. Comics never do that. NOTHING ELSE DOES THAT!

Moreover, there are a large number of adds that contradict Youtube's policy. They get a free pass?

Yeah, they've done one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if this'll wake up the normal boots site from dormancy.

It stopped updating a while ago but if the money is effected then it won't matter how many more views they get on Yotube.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
1.Lucario. Fav Pokemon. Best buds. 1st bodyguard.
2.Bulbasaur. Preferred Starter. Plus it's a dino. I think.
3.Mimikyu. Need a cute ghost.
4. Umbreon. Pet.
5. Gardevoir. Shes awesome. Second bodyguard.
6. Articuno. Flying ones are useful. Big enough to hop on.

My Pokemon knowledge is limited to Pokemon Go and some anime Ive seen and XY/ORAS/SM trailers and Smash4.

D

Deleted member

What time is the Direct, on Eastern Time?
My only hopes for this Direct are a EOV localization and Pokemon info
Maybe we could get new games announced but I don't care much

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I wonder if this'll wake up the normal boots site from dormancy.

It stopped updating a while ago but if the money is effected then it won't matter how many more views they get on Yotube.
JonTron's videos still seem to have ads right now.

Youtube isn't even enforcing this new change properly. What even.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Apparently, some YouTubers got emails saying that these rules have been enforced for a while, they just weren't publicized until recently.

That... doesn't really add up.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Apparently, some YouTubers got emails saying that these rules have been enforced for a while, they just weren't publicized until recently.

That... doesn't really add up.
That is a sack of lies.

They aren't winning this one.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There's something beyond pathetic when a company completely bows to the will of another. It's not like it's a "you can't fight against the man" thing, it'shaving the power to negotiate a better deal but deciding that bending over backwards is less work. Youtube is treating the advertisers as their customers and the content creators and viewers as resources.

It's like how the PSASBR 3rd parties treated the game as advertising (not caring how badly it would date the game) and Sony obliged. So not only did we get stuck with neu Dante but he's alt costumes were rubbish and his moveset was only what he could do in the trailers.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's like how the PSASBR 3rd parties treated the game as advertising (not caring how badly it would date the game) and Sony obliged. So not only did we get stuck with neu Dante but he's alt costumes were rubbish and his moveset was only what he could do in the trailers.
To be fair...

PSASBR was screwed over by the 3rd party companies. Konami and Capcom were apparently very adamant on advertising and wouldn't give them the big guns (like Snake and Old Dante). The company was also too small to afford these major characters and went for the next best thing. Square wouldn't give them Lightning, Cloud or Lara Croft. Crash and Spyo weren't even on the table due to enormous costs and outright refusal.

To contrast, Namco, Irrational Games and EA were glad to lend out there characters. They gave the big guns from each series requested. Namco gave Heihachi because they're well known for being super nice about licensing, probably because they deal with crossovers in most of their major series. Irrational Games is small and was probably delighted at the offer and EA probably saw it as a win/win. Isaac is playable. They get free advertising.

The game devs did quite a lot with what they could do and did the best they could with what they were given (they even wrote New Dante like Old Dante if you watch the rival battles). And to be good sports, their first party picks were pretty fantastic. You have cult classics, major icons, and mascots of eras. Their first part line up is nothing short of spectacular and is on par with Smash (when it started, Smash surpasses it now if only due to the sheer size, not to mention the wide variety of gamestyles Smash covers, it has everything from super hardcore to super casual). If only the PSABR played better...

I hope they get another chance.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The company was also too small to afford these major characters
You're talking about the developers rather than Sony itself right? I don't think owning a huge chink of the console market would make them small. Also, real sad when EA is one of the easier companies to work with. Sure Isaac is mostly based off Dead Space 3 but his character is representative of the whole series.

You have to wonder what negotiation wizards they have at Nintendo to work past that minefield. Even then they couldn't get Cloud's English VA because SE was being difficult.

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
On a side note, remember Brawlout? That game we saw a month or so back? Well, it appears to have been updated...
It actually looks somewhat faster now.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You're talking about the developers rather than Sony itself right?
That's the thing...

Sony didn't give them a large budget. The game was originally going to be downloadable only.

Chrono.

To be fair...

PSASBR was screwed over by the 3rd party companies. Konami and Capcom were apparently very adamant on advertising and wouldn't give them the big guns (like Snake and Old Dante). The company was also too small to afford these major characters and went for the next best thing. Square wouldn't give them Lightning, Cloud or Lara Croft. Crash and Spyo weren't even on the table due to enormous costs and outright refusal.

To contrast, Namco, Irrational Games and EA were glad to lend out there characters. They gave the big guns from each series requested. Namco gave Heihachi because they're well known for being super nice about licensing, probably because they deal with crossovers in most of their major series. Irrational Games is small and was probably delighted at the offer and EA probably saw it as a win/win. Isaac is playable. They get free advertising.

The game devs did quite a lot with what they could do and did the best they could with what they were given (they even wrote New Dante like Old Dante if you watch the rival battles). And to be good sports, their first party picks were pretty fantastic. You have cult classics, major icons, and mascots of eras. Their first part line up is nothing short of spectacular and is on par with Smash (when it started, Smash surpasses it now if only due to the sheer size, not to mention the wide variety of gamestyles Smash covers, it has everything from super hardcore to super casual). If only the PSABR played better...

I hope they get another chance.
Do you have sources on this? I'm legitimately curious since the last time I checked all I ended up with were random forum topics with no real sources.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That's the thing...

Sony didn't give them a large budget. The game was originally going to be downloadable only.
Really?
If that's true I kinda question whether Sony had any real faith in the game at all.

Also I see there's a poll. I'm gonna get Moon. So then whenever I face Team Skull I can pose and shout "In the name of the moon, I will punish you!".

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I still think PSABR is cool for what it is.

The menus are still horrible though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
PSASBR wasn't a bad game but it lacked the spark that Smash has. It felt most like Smash 64 if that makes sense.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
The roster selection for PSASBR was hit and miss at times - hence why so many of us were not afraid to poke fun after Cloud joined Smash when people thought he'd be more viable for PSASBR instead, as well as the lack of who people saw as 'real' PlayStation icons like Crash and Spyro. There's no doubt they have a good foundation for iconic stars, from Nathan Drake to Ratchet, Kratos and Zeus, Kat to Sir Daniel, Sackboy and Sweet Tooth... But for some, it's odd when you have this line up, yet there are others who would be perfect for such a game like the aforementioned bandicoot, and then you have the choices that stick out like a sore thumb - like DmC Dante.

I admit that I would certainly be willing to have a second shot at PSASBR, so we can get more of Sony's stars together in another party of fisticuffs.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
PSASBR's kill system will forever be a problem to me

Because that system alone made characters look broken than what they really are and I hated the idea it was halfway a Smash clone instead of going all the way and adding a gimmick

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So it's the final hour before the direct.

What do people want to see?

Personally, I don't really have much to hope for. I kinda want to see what amiibo do in the new Mario Party, as well as more about that game in general, because I think it looks fun, and the new Super Mario amiibo are obviously a tie-in to that game.

It would be nice if they actually revealed the release date for the final 3 Smash amiibo here too. I don't expect it, but it's not out of the question since they can be used in the 3DS version of Smash.

I hope they don't dedicate TOO much time to Pokémon Sun & Moon. That game has been the only thing we have been getting news and updates on for a while now as far as Nintendo games go, and as someone who doesn't really care about that game, it basically means I've had no substantial Nintendo news for a while now, outside of Breath of the Wild at E3. I expect a two or three minute trailer, and I think that's more than enough for fans to dissect and analyse and get hyped about, but I really hope they don't spend ten minutes on it or something.

And one or two surprise new games that they haven't shown off before, would be nice too. While Nintendo Directs have been lackluster in the past, they ALWAYS announce a NEW game. Whether or not it's particularly big or interesting is another story, but they always have an unannounced game to show. So I expect at least one here. Hopefully it catches my interest.

This is probably the most mellow I have felt about a Nintendo Direct in a while now, but hopefully they surprise me.

Last edited:

Personally, I don't really have much to hope for. I kinda want to see what amiibo do in the new Mario Party, as well as more about that game in general, because I think it looks fun, and the new Super Mario amiibo are obviously a tie-in to that game.

It would be nice if they actually revealed the release date for the final 3 Smash amiibo here too. I don't expect it, but it's not out of the question since they can be used in the 3DS version of Smash.

I hope they don't dedicate TOO much time to Pokémon Sun & Moon. That game has been the only thing we have been getting news and updates on for a while now as far as Nintendo games go, and as someone who doesn't really care about that game, it basically means I've had no substantial Nintendo news for a while now, outside of Breath of the Wild at E3. I expect a two or three minute trailer, and I think that's more than enough for fans to dissect and analyse and get hyped about, but I really hope they don't spend ten minutes on it or something.

And one or two surprise new games that they haven't shown off before, would be nice too. While Nintendo Directs have been lackluster in the past, they ALWAYS announce a NEW game. Whether or not it's particularly big or interesting is another story, but they always have an unannounced game to show. So I expect at least one here. Hopefully it catches my interest.

This is probably the most mellow I have felt about a Nintendo Direct in a while now, but hopefully they surprise me.
Pokemon Sun and Moon news is basically my only wish for the Direct. I know we've got a lot of news about it recently, but it's the only upcoming 3DS game I'm interested of (though the Direct could change that).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Pokemon Sun and Moon news is basically my only wish for the Direct. I know we've got a lot of news about it recently, but it's the only upcoming 3DS game I'm interested of (though the Direct could change that).
I don't have a problem with them showing the game with a new trailer or something, I just don't want them to have 10 minutes on it or something.

Because at that point, they may as well have just made a Sun & Moon Direct so people who don't care about the game know not to tune in.

We haven't had a general Nintendo Direct in a while, so the last thing I want is for them to focus on just one game for most of it.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

At most, I'm expecting some Sun & Moon news...At least, no Pokemon news at all (since Game Freak and Corocoro are handling a lot of SuMo announcements and reveals anyway), I do think we will get some news but nothing over substantial compared to everything else, perhaps a couple new mons revealed and perhaps more info about some other things Pokemon and that's it, perhaps one big reveal regarding the game, like a major in game mechanic or something...

I do think they'll cover a decent amount of other titles because the 3DS does have quite a few still on the way such as Ever Oasis for example, as well as possible DLC announcements for HWL...

I'm still holding onto the hope of a surprise reveal for perhaps a 2017 2.5D Metroid release but....I know that's most likely not going to happen...maybe Nintendo will surprise me though...

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
According to the ACB, a game(s) in the direct features moderate levels of fantasy violence, simulated gambling, alcohol references and sexual innuendo. There should also be a game(s) with online interactivity.
Though I take the rating classifications for Directs with a grain of salt, since one direct there was a rating for game with strong horror violence, to which no such game appeared.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
According to the ACB, a game(s) in the direct features moderate levels of fantasy violence, simulated gambling, alcohol references and sexual innuendo. There should also be a game(s) with online interactivity.
Though I take the rating classifications for Directs with a grain of salt, since one direct there was a rating for game with strong horror violence, to which no such game appeared.
Couldn't Dragon Quest feasibly fall under some of those?

Sun & Moon would count for online interactivity too, I'm sure.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, last five minutes before the direct.

I don't remember the last time I felt this anticipation.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Couldn't Dragon Quest feasibly fall under some of those?

Sun & Moon would count for online interactivity too, I'm sure.
Yeah, though I think DQ would fall under mild levels of fantasy violence, not moderate. It's kinda hard to tell since the ratings given are just for the lowest and highest.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well 4 minutes until the direct. See you afterwards.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Welp: time to see what kind of information we will get out of this direct. If anything of interest for me pops up, I'll be here for sure to mention it! :p

Side-note: Twitch chat is as toxic as ever and I most likely will hide it at some point. >_<

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I actually can't believe I'm not working for this direct....at least not yet, I have to go to work in an hour so I hope it's not going to be too long (I doubt it will)...

I'm giving this Direct at most probably 25-30 minutes...depending on how much they plan to cover of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom