• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The fact Pokemon is not actually on there (despite this not being an official drawing) annoys me a bit; it is much more well known then Yo-kai Watch overall (unless I'm crazy and it's vice versa). I do hope the franchise gets represented at the Olympics somehow.
I like the absence of Pokemon, gives other animes/games more light, like Yokai Watch

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The fact Pokemon is not actually on there (despite this not being an official drawing) annoys me a bit; it is much more well known then Yo-kai Watch overall (unless I'm crazy and it's vice versa). I do hope the franchise gets represented at the Olympics somehow.
tbh as a huge Pokemon fan who doesn't care for YW, I say it's better this way, as Yokai Watch has major Japanese influences on everything, making them better as Japan's mascots

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I like the absence of Pokemon, gives other animes/games more light, like Yokai Watch
tbh as a huge Pokemon fan who doesn't care for YW, I say it's better this way, as Yokai Watch has major Japanese influences on everything, making them better as Japan's mascots
I guess there's that, yeah. Regardless, Pokemon should be mentioned in some capacity; it would feel wrong not to see Pikachu in the Opening Ceremony.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I guess there's that, yeah. Regardless, Pokemon should be mentioned in some capacity; it would feel wrong not to see Pikachu in the Opening Ceremony.
After seeing the horde of pikachus invade citys in tokyo, Im sure many people want to see a different face

Yeah they like pokemon, but they also love Yokai Watch

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
To be honest, Keroro and Ippo should be there in some form as well. One is a Japanese boxer who many may know of since the late 80's while the other is pretty much "The Invader Zim of Japan".

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
After seeing the horde of pikachus invade citys in tokyo, Im sure many people want to see a different face
To be honest, maybe it could just a brief 15-20 second animation of Pokemon and then they move on to other things. Trust me; I'd rather not see a horde of Pikachu's invading either, so this seems like fair compensation in order to give other influences of Japan some more spotlight. :p

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Not to sound like a hipster or anything, but I've followed him for nearly a year. Most of his works are excellent as far as art goes.

Not to mention the funniest Pokemon GO pieces like this gem.

Is that your drawing Aussie?

EDIT: Oh wait NVM I misread the post lol.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I like how the Robobot Armor's Stone Mode is basically Franky. Strrrronnnng Hammer!

This game is definitely shaping up to be a huge improvement from an already fun Kirby game (Triple Deluxe).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nah it's definitely that the NX is a toaster.
That joke has become a bad meme at this point. ._.;

Also, happy birthday, n8man11.

And yes, I do remember the official(but apparently not enforced?) rule that your posts should contain more than happy birthday to 'em. XD

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Public Service Announcement!

Stranger Things is really really really really really really good! Like one of the best ever. It's so surreal and so gripping. If you have Netflix go watch it. NOW! It's that good.

Doesn't matter if you're even in to the supernatural stuff going on in the show, the show is brilliant. Please, anyone who hasn't watched it, do yourself a favor and do it now! It's only 8 episodes long too!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, I was using the new "Appraisal" feature in pokemon go

The starter pokemon you get at the very beginning

He has max IV's

Or, if not, pretty dang close to it

If nothing else, you should probably keep the starter for when they add breeding

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
O_O

upload_2016-8-24_2-25-44.png

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Uh... so going by Tama's tweets in conjunction with these tweets, the chances of a rumor might be cropping up. Although... it is hearsay at the moment.

I also included the second tweet mainly because it just adds to the flair of everything. I don't believe that tweet personally, but I feel it adds to the speculation that we might be getting some more rumors tomorrow.

Do I want rumors tomorrow? Not really. I just want Nintendo to reveal the damn thing already. I'm sick and tired of them.

But, I'm merely interested to see what happens tomorrow as personally for me, I ain't doing anything that extensive tomorrow :p.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
O_O

View attachment 116185
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Uh... so going by Tama's tweets in conjunction with these tweets, the chances of a rumor might be cropping up. Although... it is hearsay at the moment.

I also included the second tweet mainly because it just adds to the flair of everything. I don't believe that tweet personally, but I feel it adds to the speculation that we might be getting some more rumors tomorrow.

Do I want rumors tomorrow? Not really. I just want Nintendo to reveal the damn thing already. I'm sick and tired of them.

But, I'm merely interested to see what happens tomorrow as personally for me, I ain't doing anything that extensive tomorrow :p.
Fancy running into you here.

Hard to say if this could mean anything or not, to be honest. We've had so many rumors and alleged leaks that at this point, next to nothing would surprise me. I just want them to announce when they're revealing it already so I can focus everything on waiting for the next Sun & Moon trailer.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Fancy running into you here.

Hard to say if this could mean anything or not, to be honest. We've had so many rumors and alleged leaks that at this point, next to nothing would surprise me. I just want them to announce when they're revealing it already so I can focus everything on waiting for the next Sun & Moon trailer.
As I said on the /r/NintendoNX subreddit:
At this point. It just feels so close to the reveal that I just want Nintendo to reveal this damn console already. Even though I'm the one who posted this on this subreddit, I'm getting damn sick of rumors mainly because of people saying "I'm right" all the time.

It really took the fun out of of all the rumors and the speculation (although that isn't as bad since you don't really have to follow what the rumors our saying. It's speculation, it's suppose to be fun.)
I'm getting really sick of them because of all of the people who think they have to "prove themselves" and that they're the only ones that have to "be right." It really ruined speculation for me too, even though that's suppose to be fun. I'm just merely here twiddling my thumbs waiting for Nintendo to make their move.

It's just sad we can't have speculation anymore without someone saying "Your Wrong." I thought it was suppose to be exciting thinking of the possibilities of new things and what they could do.

Pseudo-Rant, but I honestly just had to get that out there.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im sure we'll have like 3 more Sun & Moon trailers before Nintendo shows the NX :dazwa:

dream1ng

Smash Champion
I'm not chomping at the bit to see the NX, it still seems so vague, surreal, and distant at this point, even with the Eurogamer rumours.

Once the thing gets shown along with a handful of game trailers and a release date still like six months away... that'll be a different story...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
They better not release it the day it's revealed, that what crippled the Sega Saturn.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People who hate rumors are more annoying than people who like rumors.Just saying
People who say one thing about one group being worse than another group on the opposite side of the spectrum are the worst.

Just saying. :drflip:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm wondering what the first Mario platformer for the NX will be. I hope it's not just New Super Mario Bros NX. I honestly think that killed a lot of hype for the WiiU right off the bat.

A Mario Maker Remake with Super Mario Land features or just more powerups and features from the existing games would be a good start.

D

Deleted member

I finished the post game in Black
My next stop will be White 2, but I'm still not sure which starter I should pick, and since I already used Oshawott, the choice is between Snivy and Tepig. Which one should I choose?
(Sorry if I come off as an attention ***** btw)

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
My next stop will be White 2, but I'm still not sure which starter I should pick, and since I already used Oshawott, the choice is between Snivy and Tepig. Which one should I choose?
Alternatively, you could go with neither. I always pick the Grass starters, but for B2W2, I put my starter straight into the PC after catching my first wild Pokemon. Caught a Purrloin and went with a mono-type Dark team.

D

Deleted member

Alternatively, you could go with neither. I always pick the Grass starters, but for B2W2, I put my starter straight into the PC after catching my first wild Pokemon. Caught a Purrloin and went with a mono-type Dark team.
I usually prefer to use my starter in a playthrough, but that actually doesn't sound like a bad idea, since other than Samurott, I don't really like the Unova starters all that much.

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Bit of an odd question for people here: what color does my avatar's hair look to you?
I'd say Pink.

As was suggested, putting the starter in the PC encourages you to use new Pokémon. I had tried Emerald like that.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Go with Tepig. After using Contrary Serperior I cant go back.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

If you missed the live stream discussion, you missed some neat information!

We have a lot of special guests...and seeing them interact with each other (some for the first time, some besties)...was amazing.

James has been to Xander's house (and partied there?).
Artsy Omni apologizing to Xander for the Rayman Smashified as Xander got a ton of messages on Twitter about it.
Ash talking about his dad with Xander.
Xander talked more about the recording process, gave some character names he announced (the ones that they used to try to throw him off)..such as SIMON BELMONT (@Spazzy_D can die happy).

Smash Trivia is rendering now!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So, the pre order items in Deus Ex turned out to be single use items that you only get once. That's kinda ****ty

Also Battlefield 1 has released https://web.archive.org/web/2011081.../dice-well-never-charge-for-battlefield-maps/
Meanwhile the game is 60 bucks, has microtransactions up the wazoo and a 49.99 season pass. "Oh, but they need to get paid too!" **** off, they're already getting paid enough with a 60 dollar game that was highly anticipated

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, the pre order items in Deus Ex turned out to be single use items that you only get once. That's kinda ****ty

Also Battlefield 1 has released https://web.archive.org/web/2011081.../dice-well-never-charge-for-battlefield-maps/
Meanwhile the game is 60 bucks, has microtransactions up the wazoo and a 49.99 season pass. "Oh, but they need to get paid too!" **** off, they're already getting paid enough with a 60 dollar game that was highly anticipated
Microtransactions in a free mobile game? Sure.
Microtransactions in a game that costs like, 10-15 bucks? Maybe, depends on the content.

Microtransactions in a full retail sixty dollar title with fifty dollars worth of projected DLC? Tacky as all hell and a business practice that shouldn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom