• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Did you guys see the interview Source Gaming did with Dean Harrington? He's the announcer from Melee.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The anime's ratings have been down since BW.

Even one of the key animators said they should have let him win on Twitter. Like, you give the protagonist a special form of an already popular Pokémon and he still can't win lol.

Alola has no league so it's basically the Orange League, where it's less about Pokémon battles and more about Trainers doing select activities with their Pokémon.

Still, the animation was amazing. Semifinals match was better tho
Forget the league, that team flare arc tho

Also, I too agree at the word salty is overused and had lost all meaning, but in addition, two has any variation of the word cringe or cringeworthy. Like salty, it's pretty much just a deflection based on "I'm too dumb to think of an actual counterpoint so I'll just undermine with buzzwords" that is all too common lately.
I only use it when the reaction to said thing is way beyond reasonable. Like cussing out Nintendo, cussing out game freak and/or cussing out anime characters for something like they are in the same room with you

Which is what half the pokemon fandom is going, from what Ive seen

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The anime seems to be doing Team Flare right, which is pretty nice to see considering they didn't have much story in the games.
The arc looks great animation and story wise.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Calling it now, Alain beats up Team Flare instead of Ash.
I am the great Substitute Psychic after all. I should know things.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
There's a Sonic cameo in the new Deus Ex game.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Can't wait for Knuckles and Knuckles and Knuckles in 2029.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Wait, they're is people that are shipping Luffy with Nami? Why?!:crazy:
Because Nami and Luffy looks cute together despite the fact that the crew are treated as a FAMILY. Still doesn't stop Sanji from flirting with Robin and Nami however.

And those said shippers just hate Boa Hancock for existing in the first place.

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why the writers can't let Ash win just one league. It's not like he'll just stop battling and never be seen again... Hell, the fandom might actually respect Ash a bit more and tone down the requests for a new protagonist if he could evolve just a little and actually win something important.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I do like it how it's more closer to Super/Prime Ridley than Other M Ridley which was his worst design
Knowing how Nintendo mostly used it for nearly everything after other M, I was kind of expecting that to happen, but I'm more than glad that it didn't, NOW I need a Ridley plushie so badly.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't understand why the writers can't let Ash win just one league. It's not like he'll just stop battling and never be seen again... Hell, the fandom might actually respect Ash a bit more and tone down the requests for a new protagonist if he could evolve just a little and actually win something important.
What is Orange League(in other words, a canon league he won in the show. People can ignore it all they want, but it's still an official league win that, you know, applies to the show itself and is an officially recognized league). Plus, the Battle Frontier still is notable since many could not beat it in the first place. Not even Paul could.

Frankly, they already will have him stay. They just seem to have another reason for not letting him win another league. The only time it's a serious issue is when they bring someone out of left field to beat him. Cameron had little development and was a blatant idiot. Tobias was clearly broken. These two were problemsome finishes. Ritchie was a good trainer, but the rules were awful, and why Ash lost that time. His other losses were honestly rather fair overall and the battles were overall amazing.

Likewise, Ash is now at second place to a Champion. That's not bad at all. Also, maybe his defeat was planned well before they knew that Alola wouldn't have a traditional league. His defeat ties into a good reason to go after Alain in the Team Flare Arc. So it should work out overall. It seems like Ash-Greninja will beat Mega Charizard X on the final stretch.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Im pretty interested in why Bonnie and Clemont were crying tbh
Same, it looks like a pretty interesting scene.
Calling it now, Alain beats up Team Flare instead of Ash.
I am the great Substitute Psychic after all. I should know things.
But we already know he joins them. He will probably fight in the end but from the looks of it, the big fights are done by Ash and Co.

Bonnie fights the zygarde with squishy

Ash Fights Lysandre at some point. I'm predicting this takes place later in the arc and not the first episode as it says a group of grunts led by the 4 scientists capture Ash.

Clemont fights Xerosic.

Those are the known fights for now but there will probably be a few more. I'm guessing an Ash vs Alain fight happens. And Serena probably fights someone. Perhaps she fights mabel and whatever the other ones names are. I'm guessing that to push Armour shipping,, she rescues Ash by fighting them.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Because Nami and Luffy looks cute together despite the fact that the crew are treated as a FAMILY. Still doesn't stop Sanji from flirting with Robin and Nami however.

And those said shippers just hate Boa Hancock for existing in the first place.
Still won't stop any fan from pairing the crew members with each other. Oda stated many times that this isn't a romance series, yet you will still see the occasional Usopp x Nami and Zoro x Sanji regardless.

Name one female character that isn't hated because of a ship. None.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I have a feeling that Alain will hate himself for what happens in the Flare arc that if he and Ash fight he'll lose and he'll give up the title out of "I don't diverse this for letting Paris get eaten by vines". Just my feelings.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Talking about the word "salty" for a second:
Yes. I do believe the word is heavily overused, and being used more as a buzzword rather than a proper rebuttal. With that said, I can't force anyone no not use it. People can say it and I have no power not to have them say it. And that's okay.

Now with that said, my problem with the word is when people use it as a rebuttal. I want to make this straight, there is not many I hate more in the world than seeing someone go "lol stop being so salty" over what could be a legitimate criticism. And I should know, being someone who has been on the receiving end of it.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know having a different opinion was a bad thing. Am I the bad guy now because heaven forbid I have a opinion that, surprise surprise, may not be exactly like yours? Well gee I was proven wrong.

Because there's nothing better to say "I shouldn't care about this argument" then to use the word salty synonyms of it. It's like its little Godwin's Law.

Now look, are they're overreactions to things that may not need one in the first place? Yeah sure. But don't just batch it up with all the other criticisms because apparently saying you don't like something is automatic crucifixion.

Let's look at the league win because it's the cool thing right now: Yes there are folks being overly petty about it. But it's not like there isn't reason to be mad at it. Because it is stupid and should be called out.

And that's okay. We can still enjoy something and not like things about it. Not everything has to be blind praise. Why does no one ever get this?!

Wow that took a while. Well with that said...

OH GOD WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY THAT ****ING FACE
David Bowie what happened to you?!
Who did this? Did the spiders finally get to you?! What happened to the Ziggy Stardust I remember?!

Oh... Oh no...

Even Mewtwo is afraid!

Last edited:

Chrono.

The anime seems to be doing Team Flare right, which is pretty nice to see considering they didn't have much story in the games.
The arc looks great animation and story wise.
It's amazing how better game!XY's story had been if Zygarde were the focus of Lysandre all along.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's amazing how better game!XY's story had been if Zygarde were the focus of Lysandre all along.
Yeah, but then we wouldn't have the totally needed romantic subplot of the player character and uh...
Er...
...Who was the other character again? I think they had a Vanillux shirt.

Chrono.

Yeah, but then we wouldn't have the totally needed romantic subplot of the player character and uh...
Er...
...Who was the other character again? I think they had a Vanillux shirt.
You mean Shauna?

That was just one scene anyway. Other wise all 4 friends of yours were dead weight.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Talking about the word "salty" for a second:
Yes. I do believe the word is heavily overused, and being used more as a buzzword rather than a proper rebuttal. With that said, I can't force anyone no not use it. People can say it and I have no power not to have them say it. And that's okay.

Now with that said, my problem with the word is when people use it as a rebuttal. I want to make this straight, there is not many I hate more in the world than seeing someone go "lol stop being so salty" over what could be a legitimate criticism. And I should know, being someone who has been on the receiving end of it.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know having a different opinion was a bad thing. Am I the bad guy now because heaven forbid I have a opinion that, surprise surprise, may not be exactly like yours? Well gee I was proven wrong.

Because there's nothing better to say "I shouldn't care about this argument" then to use the word salty synonyms of it. It's like its little Godwin's Law.

Now look, are they're overreactions to things that may not need one in the first place? Yeah sure. But don't just batch it up with all the other criticisms because apparently saying you don't like something is automatic crucifixion.

Let's look at the league win because it's the cool thing right now: Yes there are folks being overly petty about it. But it's not like there isn't reason to be mad at it. Because it is stupid and should be called out.

And that's okay. We can still enjoy something and not like things about it. Not everything has to be blind praise. Why does no one ever get this?!

Wow that took a while. Well with that said...

David Bowie what happened to you?!
Who did this? Did the spiders finally get to you?! What happened to the Ziggy Stardust I remember?!

Oh... Oh no...

Even Mewtwo is afraid.
The thing is, the same situation works in reverse.

Replace "salty" with "apologist" or "shill" or "fanboy."

Or how about how "trash" or other buzzwords are used to dismiss any positive discussion of games.

You make a fair point, but I know full well that there's people out there that take that point and run with it to a degree where they feel like blind praise is evil but blind hatred is some kind of golden standard, so because that tends to happen I feel the need to point out that people with negative opinions aren't the only ones being shut down.

Heck, negative opinions are so common at this point that at times I feel kind of baffled that those with negative ideas think they're the ones being told they can't have opinions when I can't go two feet without stepping in one while anyone who actually wants to say something nice about something is all too often told they're wrong for having that opinion.

Blind anything is bad. But for some reason blind opinions have turned into some political thing where blind hatred and blind support are opposing political parties constantly hosting smear campaigns against each other and anyone with a balanced opinion is left with both of them screaming in their faces at once.

Yes, we can enjoy things and have things we don't like about them. So why do I feel like I'm somehow not allowed to enjoy those things in the first place?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I still maintain that Tierno was the best of XY's rivals.

The guy had a Corphish and taught his Pokémon to dance. That's a lot of character for his minuscule screen time. :p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
made an amazing discovery at a Goodwill today

I found a plush of the spastic squirrel-pilot guy from Foodfight.
You know, that terrible movie with Charlie Sheen as a dog detective? The one JonTron did a video on?

Yeah that one. No idea merch was made for that garbage movie.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

You know, that terrible movie with Charlie Sheen as a dog detective? The one JonTron did a video on?

Hold on, is that real?

Burruni

Smash Hero

For a few seconds I thought that was some mock-up of Young Conker.

That is even more concerning.

Chrono.

Hey look it's older Young Conker.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Did they have the plush for best character Poop Rat.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I have no idea why or how it exists, but Fate decided it should be in my hands now.
"We dreamed of making the world's most shameless product placement...

And we succeeded..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom