• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
I actually have 99 Bubbles on Piranha Jungle...I was so bummed when I missed the last one.

As for Sunken Derlict, that second phase is super annoying. I can easily do the first phase, but with the 2nd phase and the buzzsaw...I end up missing some of the bubbles
Ouch! I'm hovering at 96 in Piranha Jungle myself. It's gotten to the point where I've completely memorized the Staccato Boys' attacks and only ever take damage by hitting rocks instead of bubbles. Something I've learned with ELE-94's second phase is that the saw attacks roughly every 20 seconds. The bubbles are very far apart at first, and the saw's homing works exactly like the Henshin Gun attack from Piranha Jungle. Meaning, with good timing, you can force the saw to completely miss you and fail to block any bubbles. It's much easier said than done though. Best thing to do is just tank the saw if it's obstructing a bubble. After all, the third phase is easy if you stick to the top two lines.

Chrono.

>Is saving money for a game
>eShop puts up a sale for a bunch of 3D SEGA Classics
>Tfw

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
My Bug Type monorun in XY is doing alright... it's tough at the moment, as I've only just encountered some decent bugs.

My team couldn't beat the Furfrou doubles though. Need to get to work evolving Venipede and Nincada. I think I'll use a Shedinja for funsies.

D

Deleted member

Continuing the topic of "What if a new Classic Mode had predefined pairs like Melee's" I launched since last Sunday:
:4lucina::4bowserjr: (Kerpranked!)
:4zelda::4zss:(True forms)
:4dedede::4dk: (Animal King)
:4megaman::4mewtwo:(You'd almost forget they're created)
:4littlemac::4ryu: (I must... train harder)
:4fox::4duckhunt:(Target practice)
:4charizard::4corrin:(More dragon than you)
:rosalina::4palutena:(Let my light shine on you)
:4yoshi::4kirby:(Free Vore All)
:4drmario::4robinm:(Class switch!)
:4greninja::4sonic:(2Fast4Me)
:4luigi::4darkpit:(Twin for the win!)
:4bayonetta::4rob:(I'm a survivor)
:4falcon::4falco:(Space Birds)
:4bowser::4ganondorf:(Back again and again)
:4cloud::4pit:(Flaps open dictionary. Hey, it's my name!)
:4mario::4link: (Master of many weapons)
:4myfriends::4lucario: (Look mommy! Blue flames!)
:4jigglypuff::4peach: (Lalalalalala)
:4samus::4sheik:(I'm a woman! Or noooooot)
:4pacman::4olimar:(They have FAMILIES?)
:4lucas::4tlink:(Time to say goodbye)
:4ness::4villager:(Hello fellow kidz)
:4diddy::4pikachu:(Buds for life)
:4feroy::4metaknight:(Butterknife battle boogaloo)
:4wario2::4wiifit:(Deep breathing and heavy farting)
:4marth::4shulk:(Top percentage sword dudes kawaii)
:4gaw::4miif:(Mult-faced hero)

Done!
Thanks for the support, it really does mean a lot to me.

:4feroy::4myfriends:: The Flame Swordsmen.
:4rob::4megaman:: Robotic NES warriors.
:4sonic::4megaman:: Third party blues.
:4pacman::4kirby::Hungry duo.
:4mewtwo::4ness:: Psycho Warriors (they also kinda look like Giegue and Ninten from Earthbound begginings respectively).
:4roy::4feroy:: The Roys.

.......and that's all i could think of.
I think we're all forgetting the best one.

:4pacman::4littlemac: = Fruit Punch
Nah.

:4pacman::4corrin:= Dragon Lunch
Here's a few I thought of off the top of my head:
:4samus::4megaman:: Arm Cannons
:4bayonetta::4zss:: Ms. Fanservices
:4charizard::4corrin:: Dragons
:4sheik::4zss:: Transformation-based characters who survived thanks to the Grandfather Clause
:4pacman::4pikachu:: Yellow Devils
:4lucas::4darkpit:: Hot Topic Crew
:4mewtwo::4lucario:: Fandom Rivalry
:4sonic::4bayonetta:: Team SEGA
:4megaman::4ryu:: Team Capcom
:4pacman::4cloud:: And The Rest
:4bayonetta::4zelda:, :4bayonetta::4robinm:: They are pros with magic
:4lucario::4ryu:: The Street-Fighter style fighters (Lucario is probably the most SF-esque of all the characters in Smash 4 bar Ryu)
:4robinm::4corrin:: Protagonists of the new-age of Fire Emblem
:4falcon::4littlemac:: They got the flaming punches!
:4mewtwo::rosalina:: Careful, they might just mess with gravity!
:4lucas::4lucina:: The deaths of their parents develop their personalities
:4megaman::4samus:: The arm-cannon duo that we always want to watch them duke it out against each other.
:4corrin::4bowser:: Also dragons
:4peach::rosalina:: The Mario Princesses
:4palutena::4peach:, :4palutena::4zelda:: Damsel-in-distress
:4cloud::4myfriends:, :4cloud::4shulk:, :4shulk::4myfriends:: Giant swords for the win!
:4villager::4duckhunt:: The kind you would see chilling at your town park
:4megaman::4rob:: When robots attack!
:4greninja::4sheik:: Ninjas
:4greninja::4ryu:, :4sheik::4ryu:: Look like they are straight from Japan
:rosalina::4zss:, :rosalina::4samus:: Blonde space travelers
:4marth::4lucina:: They come from the same royal family
:4pikachu::4pacman:: All about that yellow
:4greninja::4lucario:: Blue-colored Pokemon
:4link::4pit:: Watch out, they have bows!
:4darkpit::4tlink:: Watch out, they have bows: side-character addition!
:4darkpit::4ganondorf:: Characters coming from the darkness
:4bowserjr::4fox:, :4bowserjr::4falco:: Experts with technology
:4drmario::4wiifit:: Health experts
:4feroy::4charizard:: The fiery duo
:4falco::4greninja:: Have the highest jumps in the game
:4dedede::4ganondorf:: Tyrant kings
Great bunch of ideas so far, I'll add some new:

:4pikachu::4robinm:: Electricity users
:4greninja::4corrin:: Water users
:4wiifit::4darkpit:, :4wiifit::4corrin:, :4darkpit::4corrin:: Duos of the controversial 3
:4zss::4falco:: Blue fighters, and Falco can be seen as a Chozo-like as well
:4villager::4olimar:: Budding gardeners
:4feroy::4lucas:: Heroes from Japan-exclusive games
:4gaw::4wario:: Handhelds' precursors
:4mario::4pit:, :4diddy::4fox:, :4lucas::4charizard:, :4link::4yoshi:, :4samus::4pikachu:, :4falcon::4olimar:: SSE's initial pairs

Now I'm starting to run out of ideas.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
:4peach:,:4kirby:- Puffy Pink Dress
:4bayonetta:,:4fox:- SHCMUP Level

D

Deleted member

Nintendo Select edition of Mario 3D World will finally get released to Europe in September 30th.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
:4mewtwo::4feroy: - Missed brawlers
:4bowserjr::4lucina: - For my father!
:4palutena::4ganondorf: - Light and dark
:4metaknight::4charizard: - These wings were made to fly
:4samus::4olimar: - Deep space explorers
:4wiifit::4wario: - The fitness spectrum
:4falcon::4zss: - Buns of steel AKA I now pronounce you SHIPPED
:4shulk::4rob: - Homs and Mechon
:4littlemac::4dk: - Boxing buddies
:4bayonetta::4ryu: - Button mash
:4cloud::4darkpit: - ow the Edge
:4duckhunt::4robinm: - Campy McCampface

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Frank Cifaldi found some interesting Famicom games today! Check out this tweet, and follow the replies for more information.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
:4dedede::4wario:(Fat and the Furious)
:4pacman::4megaman:(Powered with Pellets)
:4littlemac::4robinm:(A few steps ahead)
:4shulk::rosalina:(That day, the galaxy reformed. For them, it was tuesday)
:4gaw::4rob:(Beep Boop Bros.)
:4metaknight::4lucario:(Ow the Edge. Also Subspace)
:4diddy::4bayonetta: (Double gunned duo)
:4luigi::4tlink:(Mean green semiclone machine)

:4mewtwo::4feroy: - Missed brawlers
:4bowserjr::4lucina: - For my father!
:4palutena::4ganondorf: - Light and dark
:4metaknight::4charizard: - These wings were made to fly
:4samus::4olimar: - Deep space explorers
:4wiifit::4wario: - The fitness spectrum
:4falcon::4zss: - Buns of steel AKA I now pronounce you SHIPPED
:4shulk::4rob: - Homs and Mechon
:4littlemac::4dk: - Boxing buddies
:4bayonetta::4ryu: - Button mash
:4cloud::4darkpit: - ow the Edge
:4duckhunt::4robinm: - Campy McCampface
Bowser Jr x Lucina is even better when you realise they also both pretended to be the main protagonist

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

We present...

A thing.

What could it mean? Opossum Opossum What could it mean?

But hey, we'd like to ask you some questions...

We have two characters.

One from the Americas. One from the Middle East.

The Americas one is an animal so the gender isn't important but we can't decided what to make it. Of course this also makes naming hard to do.

The one for the Middle East is Hebrew and we cannot think of a fitting name. It's male.

Well, we decided to have you all help us. What do you think?
Zane.

Coolest Hebrew name hands down.

Or if you wanted something more obscure, Icabod, Azazel, or Mephibosheth all work.

My Bug Type monorun in XY is doing alright... it's tough at the moment, as I've only just encountered some decent bugs.

My team couldn't beat the Furfrou doubles though. Need to get to work evolving Venipede and Nincada. I think I'll use a Shedinja for funsies.
What other Pokemon are you currently using?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Nintendo got a patent approved for supplemental computing,.

A great video on Nintendo and fan-games:

Oh, and today Source Gaming will be publishing an interview with a developer who worked on Creator, which eventually became part of the Mario Artist Suite for the N64 DD.

This is PushDustIn with the news.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Bringing in the Pokemon news from Serebii. To go along with Pokemon Snap's Europe VC release on Thursday, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Sky, will also join the Europe VC.
In other news, it has been confirmed that Sun and Moon will have gameplay footage shown at Gamescom, which is also this Thursday. The footage will be streamed on Nintendo Germany's Twitch channel.

:094:

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
What other Pokemon are you currently using?
I have a Vespiquen which is doing a lot of work at the moment, as well as a Vivillon. I carry a Beedrill, Butterfree and Burmy with me too - I'm considering evolving a Trash Coat Wormadam for some 'bulk' until I can get a better Bug/Steel (either Durant or Scizor... although I always seem to have a Scizor in my team).

I plan on getting a Yanmega, but Vivillon with Quiver Dance and near perfect accuracy Sleep Powder + Hurricane is tempting...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Fun fact: We've reached Konami's number in terms of the current number of pages in this thread!

In other news, for the first time this year, the Pokemon World Championships will not be open for the general public "due to limited venue capacity and overwhelming demand." More details can be read here: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/entry-restrictions-at-the-2016-world-championships/

^This might be important to know for those that planned on attending the event as guests. There will be Guest Badges that will allow some additional guests, but they will be provided at a first-come, first-serve basis, and supplies are limited since Guest Badges will be guaranteed for the invited competitors.

Good thing that the entire event will still be streamed.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Fun fact: We've reached Konami's number in terms of the current number of pages in this thread!

In other news, for the first time this year, the Pokemon World Championships will not be open for the general public "due to limited venue capacity and overwhelming demand." More details can be read here: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/entry-restrictions-at-the-2016-world-championships/

^This might be important to know for those that planned on attending the event as guests. There will be Guest Badges that will allow some additional guests, but they will be provided at a first-come, first-serve basis, and supplies are limited since Guest Badges will be guaranteed for the invited competitors.

When you get so big it becomes a fire hazard.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Considering what almost happened last year, I'm glad they decided to not admit the general public.

Imagine how this event would have been damaged and the lives lost if those psychos had actually got in last year.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Nintendo got a patent approved for supplemental computing,.

A great video on Nintendo and fan-games:

Oh, and today Source Gaming will be publishing an interview with a developer who worked on Creator, which eventually became part of the Mario Artist Suite for the N64 DD.

This is PushDustIn with the news.
Nintendo is shooting themselves in the foot by swinging the copyright hammer and punishing fans for showing their devotion. What they're doing shouldn't be legal.

Sega really has been much better in this regard.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

So have you guys seen this? I actually what to put out a theory about races appearing in this game, and also another one.

Basically its that if Breath of the Wild is indeed set in the Adult timeline after Wind Waker, then I think that the 3 prominent races, that aren't Hylian, will be Koroks, Rito and Gorons.

And if your wondering why I'm saying Gorons will be there, remember Gorons were in Wind Waker, they were just disguised.

Also my other theory, is that the Koroks we see are actually the same Koroks who appeared in Wind Waker.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Nintendo is shooting themselves in the foot by swinging the copyright hammer and punishing fans for showing their devotion. What they're doing shouldn't be legal.

But to be fair, Nintendo let the game get finished and released and just put the C&D on the download links

It out there and people have it and you can get it easily.

If Nintendo wanted to 'punished' they would have sent one YEARS ago.

You have Metroid 2 Remake, you can easily find download links and its out and there. This isn't like when Sega 100% killed Streets of Rage Remake or Square Enix killed Chrono Trigger 3D before it was even finished

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

So have you guys seen this? I actually what to put out a theory about races appearing in this game, and also another one.

Basically its that if Breath of the Wild is indeed set in the Adult timeline after Wind Waker, then I think that the 3 prominent races, that aren't Hylian, will be Koroks, Rito and Gorons.

And if your wondering why I'm saying Gorons will be there, remember Gorons were in Wind Waker, they were just disguised.

Also my other theory, is that the Koroks we see are actually the same Koroks who appeared in Wind Waker.
Not to mention that proper Goron tribes appeared in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

What I like about the Zelda world is that they make their own fantasy races instead of the same hoomin, short guy & Santa Slave setup all the others, taking LOTR as a template, go for. Sure the Hyilians are basically Elves in design and some undoubtedly take inspiration but we've got Gorons, Kokiris who evolved into Kroroks, Zora who evolved into Ritos, Gerudos and not to mention all the lesser known ones like Twilli. It's funny that Zelda isn't as story focused as other Fantasy type worlds but it's races are a hell of a lot more original and imaginative.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
But to be fair, Nintendo let the game get finished and released and just put the C&D on the download links

It out there and people have it and you can get it easily.

If Nintendo wanted to 'punished' they would have sent one YEARS ago.

You have Metroid 2 Remake, you can easily find download links and its out and there. This isn't like when Sega 100% killed Streets of Rage Remake or Square Enix killed Chrono Trigger 3D before it was even finished
It can be interpreted either way, I suppose. But given Nintendo's general stance towards this (you hear Nintendo taking down stuff much more often than other companies, and that they are often out of touch with audiences), I honestly doubt they waited for its release so that people could download it and then take it down.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
To be honest, it's Nintendo's right to control their intellectual properties, especially if they want to sell it in the future.

"Nothing personal, it's just good business."

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Not to mention that proper Goron tribes appeared in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

What I like about the Zelda world is that they make their own fantasy races instead of the same hoomin, short guy & Santa Slave setup all the others, taking LOTR as a template, go for. Sure the Hyilians are basically Elves in design and some undoubtedly take inspiration but we've got Gorons, Kokiris who evolved into Kroroks, Zora who evolved into Ritos, Gerudos and not to mention all the lesser known ones like Twilli. It's funny that Zelda isn't as story focused as other Fantasy type worlds but it's races are a hell of a lot more original and imaginative.
Well, I was also thinking that the merchants in BOTW would be the Gorons, and also I'm thinking that the watchtowers could actually be for the Rito tribe, so that they would have an easier time taking off.

Well, Mario also has a very diverse pool of Fantasy races. Actually funnily enough, only Star Fox is really the Nintendo EAD series, with a lack of original fantasy races, since its just humanized animals

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Uh no, Nintendo has every right to protect their IPs
If a remade version of a game that is on the EShop is being released for free, that can only hurt them
Seriously, people act like Nintendo is some big villain for taking down things that would hurt them financially. This is just how businesses work

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Considering what almost happened last year, I'm glad they decided to not admit the general public.

Imagine how this event would have been damaged and the lives lost if those psychos had actually got in last year.
What's really scary is that those two individuals who almost carried it out last year were actually invited to compete in the event.

It's good to see TPCi is talking extra safety precautions. Only issue is that they should've made the announcement about this recent news a few months earlier since announcing to close the event for the general public one week before it happens can screw up travel plans for those that were planning to spectate. At least there's a lot to see in San Francisco for those that aren't competing.

D

Deleted member

That moment when you realize that Crash, Cortex, Spyro, DK, and Bowser are all in the same game.
Technically not the case.
Crash and Cortex are PS exclusive while DK and Bowser are Nintendo exclusive.

EDIT: Actually, never mind.
Apparently Crash (and Cortex, most likely) will be exclusively in the PS3/PS4 Starter Pack at launch, but is able to be used on ALL consoles. I was wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love when a chapter has a character you need to save and they die on a turn before it's even possible to get to them If you ran straight to them. GG Ryoma's kid.

:061:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Love when a chapter has a character you need to save and they die on a turn before it's even possible to get to them If you ran straight to them. GG Ryoma's kid.

He's 100% worth it though. Shiro ended up being my main tank in my Hard Revelation run.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I learned I got a raise today. Feel like celebrating by adding some funds to my eShop account.

How much I'll put in I don't know.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
According to a Google search, it's either a character named Skrag the Slaughterer, or, according to Urban Dictionary, a stolen scooter. :p
A stolen scooter? Never thought there'd be a term for that lol.

D

Deleted member

Get those fliers and Rescue staves ready 'cause you'll need them if you want Shiro

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
AM2R wasn't canned by Nintendo because they wanted to discourage people from making games with their characters. They actually stated that using their characters for fan projects is totally OK. If Nintendo cared about their characters getting used without permission then a lot of games would have been canned a long time ago. All those Mario World hacks. All those Zelda fan projects. The reason AM2R was taken down was because it was a free updated and better version of a game they are selling for their consoles at the time. What's the point in buying Metroid 2 if you can get a better version on PC for free?

If it was an original idea it would not have been taken down. It's the same reason that Mario 64 HD project was shut down too. I don't know if Nintendo technically let it get released but they could have closed down the project A LONG time ago. The project had been going on for a long time. So why did Nintendo let it continue? Who knows? But now it's out there on the net. You can find it if you want it. It's playable.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Shiny Tonemy.
And my rival killed it in the cave.
And they won't let you throw a ball when there's two pokemon on the field.
WHY DID THEY NOT CHANGE THIS

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nintendo has shown lots of mercy on Super Smash Flash 2, thankfully.
  • SSF2 has been to a number of the same conventions that Nintendo sponsored and yet they streamed without restrictions.
  • You can mention SSF2 on Miiverse freely (but mention Project M and your post gets deleted and get a warning from the moderators).
I'm NOT in anyway saying SSF2 is immune to takedowns but there's no proof Nintendo is against the game either.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Shiny Tonemy.
And my rival killed it in the cave.
And they won't let you throw a ball when there's two pokemon on the field.
WHY DID THEY NOT CHANGE THIS
Damn, I'm sorry. What were your fighting and using?

I found a shiny Tonemy in the cave and I killed the comite in the fight and my rivals raptorch left it in high yellow. Then I threw balls at it till the thing was caught. Your rival doesn't attack if you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom