• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravely Second is an awesome game.

One of its enemies is called "Enemy Crab"

It's special attacks? "Massive damage" and "no weak point"
10/10
:061:

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Pokemon Snap is heading over to Europe's Wii U VC this Thursday, according to Serebii.

:094:
Yet another great game available in the European Virtual Console that isn't available in the North American Virtual Console. Add that to the bucket list...

- Advance Wars Dual Strike
- Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
- Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)
- Mario Kart 64
- Mario Party 2
- Star Fox 64
- Super Mario 64 DS
- Pokemon Snap

Don't know why they release games in one region but not the other. It's stupid really.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I looked up the ending of Sausage Party just to see what people were on about.

Man... how long have you guys been on the internet? Pretty funny, seen better. 7/10
The way I see it is this: I survived the "Siivagunner harlequin fetus incident" with only minor life-scarring, so this doesn't do much for me. :p

By the way, a big old NSFL/NSFW tag on that if you don't know what I'm talking about.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Hint #2 for Guest #2 for Saturday/Sunday (depending on your timezone) -- they had a hand (or two) in Smash.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
At this point the Fed Force hate has me wondering if Nintendo DID have 2 games like they said a while ago. We got Fed Force, so what's the second? Blast Ball?
That's why I'm cautiously optimistic about Metroid on the NX and why I'm hoping for a direct or announcement to be made soon...I find it difficult to believe that nothing else was being worked on during the Wii U's life span and similarly to Pikmin 4 whatever game they are working on may have been pushed to the NX...though since Nintendo hasn't said anything we don't know if they are working on another title or not...

Since e3 we have started to get some new games confirmed for the NX, so now would be a good time to at least hint at it...

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Here's the final starting SSF2 roster in Roster Maker format:

And here's my final final predictions for the SSF2 roster:

I feel like I really nailed it this time. Feel free to ask questions.

Absence of :4bayonetta2: got me triggered.

Some fancy as **** Metroid fanart hat was on my twitter feed
http://blueroguevyse.deviantart.com/art/Metroid-is-Super-628211837

Amazing. Really realistic. Added to favs.
http://www.strawpoll.me/10994541

Swamp doesn't know what to do.

Swamp may just decide against what you think, but Swamp will at least listen to consideration.
Recommending Shantae & Fire Emblem.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Thing is, VC is EXCLUSIVELY old games. Hell, we only got Earthbound 20 years after America
Yeah, that's what I meant about VC games. Games released in previous gens.

To be fair though Earthbound wasn't positively received when it first released in North America so that could have been a potential reason why a European release was canned until the Wii U VC release. It was only around the time Ness made it in to Smash Bros when Earthbound got more attention from people and critical acclaim became positive for the game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

To be fair though Earthbound wasn't positively received when it first released in North America so that could have been a potential reason why a European release was canned until the Wii U VC release. It was only around the time Ness made it in to Smash Bros when Earthbound got more attention from people and critical acclaim became positive for the game.
Thing is, the game already came out in your country ages ago. Just not digital

Why is this cinnamon roll too pure?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Critical consensus was always good for the game. It just didn't sell well. Actually, it sold really really bad. It was mostly in part of all the versions of the game coming bundled with a strategy guide, which boosted the sales price up $20-$30. Close to $90 for one game. Plus, marketing was kinda weird too. Always promoting the smelly stickers in the guide by saying 'This game stinks'. It's kind of the few instances where it was Nintendo's own fault for not selling copies of a game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bravely Second is an awesome game.

One of its enemies is called "Enemy Crab"

It's special attacks? "Massive damage" and "no weak point"
10/10
Weird how no one is going around complaining how the west ruined BS with its censorship and memes

Also, while on the topic of references, I'd like to leave it clear that EOV has a Jojo reference
I know right? It's like how Europe has to wait for MONTHS just to get a game that America already has
At least Nintendo has a presence there
Now that Nintendo has left Brazil, it's rare to find 3DS or Wii U games on official stores because all of them have to be imported which makes them only avaible in stores that go through the trouble of importing it(which are not many btw) and in turn makes them even more expensive than they were before
Also, there's no brazilian Wii U EShop and no prepaid cards for the 3DS one

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
(Tales of Symphonia status update)

So I went to go hunt that bonus boss.

I looked up a guide and it said they had a Level 16 Lloyd with a Level 15 party and beat it.

I went in there and tried it and after several attempts basically went "Yeah. . .this isn't going to work."

So I went in at Level 18 with a Level 17 party instead and figured out how to block the majority of their attacks. The grinding and knowledge from that fight prep was so helpful that I went on to beat another enemy in three tries that had in my previous six hour attempt at the game prior to realizing I had missed the bonus boss been an impossible task.

Now I'm stuck at a puzzle I have no idea how to reason out, so it looks like I'm looking up a guide again.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Weird how no one is going around complaining how the west ruined BS with its censorship and memes

Also, while on the topic of references, I'd like to leave it clear that EOV has a Jojo reference

At least Nintendo has a presence there
Now that Nintendo has left Brazil, it's rare to find 3DS or Wii U games on official stores because all of them have to be imported which makes them only avaible in stores that go through the trouble of importing it(which are not many btw) and in turn makes them even more expensive than they were before
Also, there's no brazilian Wii U EShop and no prepaid cards for the 3DS one
Other than the Indian -> Cowgirl, I haven't heard anything.

And that I don't mind.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Played more Uranium last night and made it to the 3rd gym.

My team is right on par level wise,but I could use a boost. Going to have to find somewhere to train...

Really like how they redid the first part to the nuclear story though. It was really good.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Played more Uranium last night and made it to the 3rd gym.

My team is right on par level wise,but I could use a boost. Going to have to find somewhere to train...

Really like how they redid the first part to the nuclear story though. It was really good.
The opening really reminded me of Chernobyl. :x
It almost felt like it was lifted straight from there.

And I'll trade tomorrow if that's okay. My internet is very choppy right now.

D

Deleted member

So how did people feel about the 2nd member of StarFox, The King's right hand man, and the future King of the Pirates?
Don't really care for Smash Flash 2 much anymore but all were "meh" to me.

Falco is Falco.
Bandana Waddle Dee never really excited me that much.
Luffy is honestly the most hype of the three for me, which isn't saying much since I'm more surprised that he's in because I didn't think there'd be more animoo after the retool with the three only being because of Grandfather Clause. As much as I'd rather not have more anime characters, I'm pleased that Luffy's in since he was the only one I felt was "missing" after Goku, Naruto, and Ichigo. If anything, I would have had him instead of Ichigo in the beginning, to complete the D.O.N. trio.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Honestly I now want to try Battle Stadium: D.O.N. due to Luffy's addition to SSF2. Looks fun (probably more fun than DreamMix TV: World Fighters).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The opening really reminded me of Chernobyl. :x
It almost felt like it was lifted straight from there.

And I'll trade tomorrow if that's okay. My internet is very choppy right now.
It does, and you get to go there around the 3rd gym. How you find nuclear pokemon is through various story events involving the plants and what happened in the past. It's pretty cool. I liked how they switched it up.

And that's fine, thank!

D

Deleted member

[TRIGGERED]
Meanwhile Kamen Rider Drive does ORAORA a few times, and to make it less subtle, yells 'Muda!'. There's also the fact that Drive is able to counter the time stop/slowdown
You do realize Muda is an actual Japanese word, right?
What's the reference?
Oh good, an excuse to talk about the game
The Hound class can summon a hawk or a dog during battle, which their skills are revolved around
One of the Hawk path skills is called Ice Peck and it's literally the Hawk following up one of the Hound's attack with an Ice+Stab attack
Also, you can rename the hawk and the 2nd Name path so yeah, I'm going full on Jojo with it

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
You do realize Muda is an actual Japanese word, right?

Oh good, an excuse to talk about the game
The Hound class can summon a hawk or a dog during battle, which their skills are revolved around
One of the Hawk path skills is called Ice Peck and it's literally the Hawk following up one of the Hound's attack with an Ice+Stab attack
Also, you can rename the hawk and the 2nd Name path so yeah, I'm going full on Jojo with it
You're gonna name it Pet Shop I presume?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently people have a problem with Leo and Karai in the new Ninja turtles getting together, not because it'd be beastiality but because it'd be incest

But, y'know. They aren't related by blood at all. They just have the same "father". Karai by blood and Leo just being raised by him.

I thought the taboo with incestual relationships was because it can lead to problems when breeding, but if they aren't related by blood they wouldn't have that problem.

It's not like Karai and Leo could breed in the first place though

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bandana dee is just like....Capped Goomba or something to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom