• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I got some stuff for my birthday.

Parents said I wouldn't get anymore stuff aside from needed stuff but since I worked hard for the family... again. They gave me stuff.

Luckily it wasn't as big as the PS4.

I got...

Far Cry Primal (PS4)
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon (3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Twighlight Princess HD (Wii U) + Wolf Link Amiibo
50 bucks of Eshop cash

I don't know what I'm going to get with the eshop cash...
1. Uprising
2. Xenoblade if you have a New 3DS
3. I've heard good things about Planet Robobot
4. Well if you're willing to get Pokemon Sun/Moon as a download in a few months. . .
5. Virtual Console party
6. Will it work with the NX?

Ignore any suggestions you already own. Have fun with Super Mystery Dungeon, though.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
What happened?
This one's going to be a bit spoiler heavy so bear with me.

Most fans always thought of Rose as the perfect pacifist and a Crystal Gem that fought for the protection of Earth. But with recent news of Bismuth being bubbled during the war because of her extremists views, some Bismuth fans call her out as being the villain. When Bismuth herself created the Breaking Point as a way of defeating the Diamonds by breaking their gem, which is against Rose's views on war. But then we know for sure that Rose went as far as killing Pink Diamond by shattering her gem. Jasper alluded to this (which is why she has such a rude on her) during her corruption while the Rubies told Steven's gang all about it when they went back to the moon to see her mural. Garnet said she had no choice on the matter because Pink Diamond wanted to colonize the Earth while its fresh, thus Rose turning against her own master as a rebel and killing her permanently.

Needless to say, there are a lot of mixed views about Rose right about now because of recent events. But these things happened for good reasons and she is no way a hypocrite.

D

Deleted member

Parents said I wouldn't get anymore stuff aside from needed stuff but since I worked hard for the family... again. They gave me stuff.

I got...

Far Cry Primal (PS4)
50 bucks of Eshop cash

Easy: buy Etrian Odyssey, nerd >:^)
Speaking of taken too serious, guess who's being called a hypocrite because of recent Steven Universe episodes?

Rose Quartz.
People don't know the difference between necessary and unnecessary killing do they?
There are even people saying Pink Diamond didn't do anything wrong, when, you know, just the fact of her having a COLONY is wrong

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I own those.

That's a physical copy for me.
VC is probably the best choice, then. You can get a bunch of games in one go.

I'd suggest getting things other than the Mini NES' offerings just because that little box is going to be such a good deal.

*EDIT* Dangit missed the poll

Suggestions. . .do you have Earthbound? It's on the more expensive end and you probably do, but it might be a good place to start.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Speaking of taken too serious, guess who's being called a hypocrite because of recent Steven Universe episodes?

Rose Quartz.
These Bismuth fangirls be barking up the wrong tree. I like her, but Rose did make the right choice for what she did. This is why I'm not really expecting her to return in future episodes.

This one's going to be a bit spoiler heavy so bear with me.

Most fans always thought of Rose as the perfect pacifist and a Crystal Gem that fought for the protection of Earth. But with recent news of Bismuth being bubbled during the war because of her extremists views, some Bismuth fans call her out as being the villain. When Bismuth herself created the Breaking Point as a way of defeating the Diamonds by breaking their gem, which is against Rose's views on war. But then we know for sure that Rose went as far as killing Pink Diamond by shattering her gem. Jasper alluded to this (which is why she has such a rude on her) during her corruption while the Rubies told Steven's gang all about it when they went back to the moon to see her mural. Garnet said she had no choice on the matter because Pink Diamond wanted to colonize the Earth while its fresh, thus Rose turning against her own master as a rebel and killing her permanently.

Needless to say, there are a lot of mixed views about Rose right about now because of recent events. But these things happened for good reasons and she is no way a hypocrite.
People who still thought that Rose Quartz would be absolutely perfect with how many facets (heh) all characters have was being delusional.

I mean THIS is how she is portrayed in the background of the extended intro, with shadowed eyes and an evil grin. Like goddamn open your eyes to the signs.
:061:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh boy...

I have a lot of VC games...

Most of the big ones already..

Though I haven't touched Megaman X, Castlevania or Final Fantasy...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I got...

Far Cry Primal (PS4)
50 bucks of Eshop cash

Cool, Super Mystery gets really good, I'd recommend playing it if you have nothing else to play atm on your 3ds.

As for the pool I voted for games in this order:

1)Kirby Planet Robobot
2)Conquest
3)Yoshi'sWooly World
4) Paper Jam

All are pretty nice games and a lot of fun. Can hold you over till next big releases as well.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
http://www.strawpoll.me/10994541

Swamp doesn't know what to do.

Swamp may just decide against what you think, but Swamp will at least listen to consideration.
Do you own Shantae and the Pirate's Curse? If not, I highly recommend that.

If you do, I recommend Yoshi's Wooly World if you want a fun platformer.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Zebei thinks Swamp should stop speaking in the third person before people think Swamp is crazy like people think Zebei is

Zebei also wants to wish Swamp a Happy Birthday

Every single birthday here I see this gif. I'm not complaining.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
For Smash Crusade I checked their forums, Facebook, Twitter, forums, and YouTube: I can't find any Smash Con info from them.

I know they said they're recording the footage, but why the silence everywhere else?

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

I got...

Far Cry Primal (PS4)
50 bucks of Eshop cash

Buy Rhythm Heaven Megamix.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Oh boy...

So pretty much most of the prominent titles on the EShop huh?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh boy...

Most of the big ones, you say?

Go for Game Gear fare, then? :awesome:

Yeah. . .if you have that many games then maybe going back to the Robobot option might be better.

If you've been interested in those three games then may the party commence, though.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
People who still thought that Rose Quartz would be absolutely perfect with how many facets (heh) all characters have was being delusional.

I mean THIS is how she is portrayed in the background of the extended intro, with shadowed eyes and an evil grin. Like goddamn open your eyes to the signs.

Evil Rose Quartz is evil. Shame no one paid any mind to this.

People don't know the difference between necessary and unnecessary killing do they?
There are even people saying Pink Diamond didn't do anything wrong, when, you know, just the fact of her having a COLONY is wrong
Exactly. Let's all say that Yellow Diamond is just misunderstood instead of being a coldhearted tyrant that wants to take over the entire star system with a diamond fist. :troll:

Or Blue Diamond, but she's much worse.

Last edited:
Every single birthday here I see this gif. I'm not complaining.
Probably because it's my designated "wish someone happy birthday" gif.

also Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei just warning you because I feel like doing this every time Bravely gets brought up.

The gameplay is ****ing awesome. Other than magic being pretty weak it's stellar.

The game has one of the best additions to any JRPG ever by letting you change the encounter rate (increase or even set to 0)

The story is good and the characters are EXTREMELY entertaining.

The music is some of the best i've ever heard.

But oh boy is the pacing ****. Dungeons drag on a bit and there is just too much running around sometimes, especially for the sidequests (which are fun otherwise)

And of course theree is some infamously bad pacing near the end of the game which is absurdly repetitive and unfun and turned a lot of people off from the series . . .I would try as best as you can to not buy the game and borrow it from a friend or buy it used/cheap because you might hit that point and want to return it even if everything before it was great.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I tried looking for any picture relating to "Yellow Diamond did nothing wrong" and this came up.

Let's hope she is a more serious character in the future so the memes stop.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Swamp may just decide against what you think, but Swamp will at least listen to consideration.
Voted for FE Conquest as while it's story is weak, the gameplay is a lot if fun, particularly if you're a fan of the classic gameplay from the older games. Bravely Default is also a great game from what I've heard.

Also, happy birthday!

D

Deleted member

Everything we knew from Rose up until this point came from Greg(who barely knew her) and the Gems.
No one would tell a young boy that their mother killed someone, kids always see their parents as perfect, until they learn the truth.
Rose was never meant to be perfect, only to look like it. No gem is perfect, they all have flaws and if there's not even a single cut on them, they're probably fake.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Probably because it's my designated "wish someone happy birthday" gif.

also Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei just warning you because I feel like doing this every time Bravely gets brought up.

The gameplay is ****ing awesome. Other than magic being pretty weak it's stellar.

The game has one of the best additions to any JRPG ever by letting you change the encounter rate (increase or even set to 0)

The story is good and the characters are EXTREMELY entertaining.

The music is some of the best i've ever heard.

But oh boy is the pacing ****. Dungeons drag on a bit and there is just too much running around sometimes, especially for the sidequests (which are fun otherwise)

And of course theree is some infamously bad pacing near the end of the game which is absurdly repetitive and unfun and turned a lot of people off from the series . . .I would try as best as you can to not buy the game and borrow it from a friend or buy it used/cheap because you might hit that point and want to return it even if everything before it was great.
I love how in Default magic just scaled so horribly.
Then Second happens.
And one of /the two first jobs you get/ makes magic scale so stupidly hard.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I tried looking for any picture relating to "Yellow Diamond did nothing wrong" and this came up.

> Sans
> Skeletor
> Big Bird
> Vegeta
> Excalibur reaction
> Over 9000
> Pepe

I am so done with this fandom.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Happy Birthday, man!

Also, allow me to help you out with that choice of yours.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Reminder: SG birthday stream is next week.

Any idea on who the special guests will be?

Hint for special guest #1 — He’s a big fan of a character that originally debuted in 1987.

…and a hint for special guest #2 — Everyone has heard of him.

I'm putting the final touches on the trivia questions today. There's 4 levels -- Master Hand, Giga Bowser, Crazy Hand and Master Fortress. Master Fortress are extremely tough questions!

Oh and happy bday Swamp!

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So I just saw Sausage Party

The movie was meh but the ending was so ****ing awful, cringeworthy and just really disgusting

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

The four games I picked are Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, Kirby: Planet Robobot, Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam, and Other.
  • Fire Emblem Fates has the best gameplay between all three routes due to its veteran-style maps. It's a really fun experience. Just be warned the story sucks.
  • Kirby PR is my favorite Kirby game thus far. Fantastic level design, clever puzzles, pretty good story, and the Robobot Armor being a really fun addition (better utilized than the Hypernova and the Hyper Abilities). Only issue with the game that I can think of is that it's on the easier side compared to other Kirby titles.
  • Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam still retains the main gameplay that makes titles like Bowser's Inside Story and Dream Team really fun to play through. The main issue is that the game is rather uninspired compared to past titles.
  • My "Other" option would have to be either Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright or Professor Layton and the Curious Village/Last Specter
    • Birthright's gameplay is nowhere as strong as Conquest's since it is similar to Awakening, though I consider Birthright to be much better than Awakening considering most maps aren't just open fields and the pair-up system is no longer broken. Birthright is also generally agreed upon to have the best story out of the three routes (and even I can attest to that).
    • If not Birthright, you could try playing a Professor Layton title if you can find one. Curious Village and Last Specter are good starting points considering they are both the first games to their respective trilogies. The Layton games all have clever and fun puzzles (a.k.a. brain teasers), very well-written stories in all six games, and a lovable cast of characters throughout. If you're into mystery-style plots with an emphasis on solving puzzles/brain teasers, you'll love the Layton games. Playing some Layton titles is even a great way to prepare for Lady Layton's release next year.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh yeah. . .in news very, very vaguely related to SSF2, I restarted ToS forever ago after realizing I missed a bonus boss and am FINALLY starting to play it again.

. . .The cooking mechanic adds a layer of character information with the star levels showing how well they can cook, but mechanically speaking it's a little confusing and not something that immediately strikes me as super fun. But then, cooking in video games always seems to be missing this or that for me no matter what game I play. Perhaps I should think on how to make a more fun usage of it at some point. The idea of cooking in video games sounds fun in concept, there's just always something off with the execution.

. . .I'll probably have to think on it when I don't feel dizzy for no reason, though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei

Buy Mole Mania. Only like three dollars and it's a blast.

And then buy other things. :p

Not putting this in spoilers because im pretty sure the series is older than I am.

So mobile Suit Gundam has the final battle between Char and Amuro, the big 2. It starts with fighting giant robots, then they get destroyed and start a gunfight with jetpacks because zero-g means that can happen I guess. But then they cut away. . .

When they come back from other characters doing their thing. . .

They are fencing. Why the **** are they fencing? What caused them to start fencing? Where did they get the rapiers? Is Amuro the next lord of Fire Emblem?

. . .I love this show.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery

Unfortunately, even a serious character can't escape that all-mighty power of dank memes.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Kirby Planet Robobot is a GREAT game. Friends without Benefits have been doing a playthrough fo rit, and it's an amazing commentary and playthrough at that. The Invader Armor's Copy abilities are reallyy cool too, and well utilized.
Also, since I'm now joining this social, I have a question I've wanted to know for some time: I don't watch Steven Universe, but know what the characters look like. So, is it just me, or does one of them (again, don't wtach it so don't know the name) look like Ocarina of Time Ganondorf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom