• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
"Degenerates"?
That's mean. :/

It's probably more that there's no reason to make a big deal about Shantae when the ballot's already ended and the winner decided.
No no, I'm not saying Shantae fans are degenerates.
I just said that because I personally knew some people who wanted Shantae only because she had boobs.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
There's a new high quality rip that states you can send your own high quality request to GiivaSunner.

So I sent my HIGH QUALITY REQUEST to GiivaSunner, I hope it gets approved.

It's going to be a Pokemon Go rip.
I'm still waiting for him to reupload Samba de Amigos' "Vamos A Carnaval" from his old channel.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
No no, I'm not saying Shantae fans are degenerates.
I just said that because I personally knew some people who wanted Shantae only because she had boobs.
Oh. The phrasing made it seem like...
In that case, yeah...I know that not all Shantae supporters had the best interest, unfortunately.

Y'know. If they allow Anime characters into SSF2, then they could add this character as a tribute to honor them.

Yes. I had to go there

:troll:
You know, I'm pretty spent the past 5 months on Twitter as my only social media.
You have no idea how tired I am of this meme :^(

D

Deleted member

Oh. The phrasing made it seem like...
In that case, yeah...I know that not all Shantae supporters had the best interest, unfortunately.

You know, I'm pretty spent the past 5 months on Twitter as my only social media.
You have no idea how tired I am of this meme :^(
You should see how much Facebook overused it
Also
IMG_20160814_173747.jpg

I think the best part is that it's a Ghost type

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Happy Birthday @Swampasaur

Actually, now I want James Bond in SSF2.

If only because Sakurai once considered him.

And make it Sean Connery too, please. :laugh:
Are we talking about SNL Sean Connery?

> Ryu
Cloud
Bayonetta

> Veterans

Man, it feels too soon for that. Like... it just doesn't seem right calling them that yet.
Give it 3-4 years, we'll be calling them that

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
This better be an alt for Luffy or I'm rioting.
artworks-000130100325-tspht2-t500x500.jpg

You should see how much Facebook overused it
Also
View attachment 115038
I think the best part is that it's a Ghost type
Not gonna lie, I actually want this to be real. Of course it won't but **** there needs to be a Ghost/ Fighting type, especially with design like that.

Yeah, they have been very quiet lately. I don't even remember when the latest character was revealed.
I'm pretty sure their latest reveal was in December.

:094:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
in terms of SSF2.I'm 100% positive that knuckles,shadow and cloud are returning.More than likely they'll be unlockables for the beta.Same goes for crono now that im thinking about it.

On terms of indies.I still want shantae or shovel knight in smash.Hell im not sure why but quote from cave story would be hype so maybe one of these fan games will make him.Personally im hype for smash bros legacy XP

D

Deleted member

This better be an alt for Luffy or I'm rioting.

Not gonna lie, I actually want this to be real. Of course it won't but **** there needs to be a Ghost/ Fighting type, especially with design like that.

I'm pretty sure their latest reveal was in December.

:094:
Honestly, no, we don't need a Ghost/Fighting type
We don't need a Pokemon with unresisted STAB coverage

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Which ones? Genuinely curious. :p
If it was me it would be mostly Movie/TV Show characters anyways, with like almost every Game of Thrones character there is.

As for Disney, Jack Sparrow and Stitch are a must IMO.

A Disney vs Dreamworks vs Pixar would be awesome.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
My Super Smash Flash 2 wishes

1. Wii Fit Trainer
2. Corrin
3. Simon Belmont
4. King K. Rool
5. Asuka (Senran Kagura)
6. Italy from Hetalia (Don't judge)
7. Manondorf
8. Mega Man X
9. Inuyasha
10. Saiki Kusuo (Just to relive the broken days of J-Stars) :troll:

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
My Super Smash Flash 2 wishes

1. Wii Fit Trainer
2. Corrin
3. Bomberman
4. King K. Rool
5. Asuka (Senran Kagura)
6. Italy from Hetalia (Don't judge)
7. Manondorf
8. Mega Man X
9. Inuyasha
10. Saiki Kusuo (Just to relive the broken days of J-Stars) :troll:
Bomberman is there :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Which ones? Genuinely curious. :p
Oh damn I didn't even think about specifics when I posted it.

Well, if I were limited to four, I'd want to pick a diverse set of characters that are:

A) Iconic in their own right (like, characters you'd see a lot of folks dressed as at a con or on Halloween)
B) Come from popular properties (high ticket sales, lots of merchandise, Parks presence, etc)
C) Have abilities that can be easily transferred to a Moveset
D) Come from different corners of the company
E) Obviously, I need to like the character, since it'd be me choosing it. :p

So a while back I made a list of characters for a Disney Smash Bros and I went back to look at it. I took the ones I could easily make movesets and play styles for and put them on the master list. By then, I had quite a few, so I further cut it down based on the above criteria. I still had a few, so it was basically Sophie's Choice for me at that point.

In the end, I went with:
Mickey Mouse - Represents Walt-era Disney animation and is the company mascot. Attacks with multi-purpose magical abilities due to him using his Sorcerer Mickey appearance, which is the most apt for combat. Can summon brooms to help as well. Final Smash would be Fantasmic, in which he performs the same magical attack he uses at the end of the Disney Parks show of the same name.
Elsa - Represents modern Disney animation. Attacks with a variety of ice attacks and focuses on whittling the opponent down. Can slow foes with a flurry or change the terrain to ice to lower their traction. Her Final smash would, of course, be to summon Marshmallow to crush opponents.
Captain America - Represents Marvel. His shield is the most versatile projectile in the game, with its trajectory being able to be altered mid flight, as well as maintaining momentum and being able to ricochet off walls and foes. Taking a page from Disney Infinity, his Final Smash has him hold up his shield as a S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier launches a huge ass laser at it, and Cap deflects it to heavily damage opponents.
(Captain) Jack Sparrow - Represents live-action Disney as well as the Disney Parks. A swashbuckling swordsman who also has a flintlock and bombs hidden in chests, a la Kingdom Hearts. Being a lucky, oft-inebriated wildcard, he excels at mix ups, with his move start ups looking suspiciously similar before switching to a less guessable attack, keeping foes guessing as to what he'll do next. His Final Smash would have the stage become sea level as the Black Pearl appears in the background, launching a rain of cannonballs on everyone on the stage.

For the record, if I could choose a fifth, it'd of course be Darth Vader, but he was just a victim of the numbers game. There'd also be Assist Trophies for Buzz Lightyear (getting Pixar in the mix) and Darth Vader, since he got snubbed of playability.

TL;DR, picking four was really hard. :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
1. Steven Universe (Or a Crystal Gem if he's too weak, Perry included)
2. Palutena
3. Duck Hunt
4. Brash the ****ing Bear K. Rool
5. Papyrus
6. Magolor
7. Cloud
8. Koro-Sensei (I don't care how, but make it work).
9. Takamaru
10. Billy Hatcher

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Show me one Pokemon with that type then
That's the problem, there isn't one, and even if there were, it would be ONLY one
It's just a matter of Ghost now being down to a single type that resists it, and of course normal's immunity.
Not that you /need/ to have a pokemon available that covers both.
Isn't it /already/ the case of Mimikyu?
Ghost only resisted by Dark, which is weak to fairy, which has no immune type.
Edit: Normal/Fire, forgot about that.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Finally got the first Gym badge in Uranium.

Swamp is a beast. Grass/Steel type with Battle Armor and learns Leech Seed as its first Grass move. Against a Normal type Gym.

Yeah. lol

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Oh damn I didn't even think about specifics when I posted it.

Well, if I were limited to four, I'd want to pick a diverse set of characters that are:

A) Iconic in their own right (like, characters you'd see a lot of folks dressed as at a con or on Halloween)
B) Come from popular properties (high ticket sales, lots of merchandise, Parks presence, etc)
C) Have abilities that can be easily transferred to a Moveset
D) Come from different corners of the company
E) Obviously, I need to like the character, since it'd be me choosing it. :p

So a while back I made a list of characters for a Disney Smash Bros and I went back to look at it. I took the ones I could easily make movesets and play styles for and put them on the master list. By then, I had quite a few, so I further cut it down based on the above criteria. I still had a few, so it was basically Sophie's Choice for me at that point.

In the end, I went with:
Mickey Mouse - Represents Walt-era Disney animation and is the company mascot. Attacks with multi-purpose magical abilities due to him using his Sorcerer Mickey appearance, which is the most apt for combat. Can summon brooms to help as well. Final Smash would be Fantasmic, in which he performs the same magical attack he uses at the end of the Disney Parks show of the same name.
Elsa - Represents modern Disney animation. Attacks with a variety of ice attacks and focuses on whittling the opponent down. Can slow foes with a flurry or change the terrain to ice to lower their traction. Her Final smash would, of course, be to summon Marshmallow to crush opponents.
Captain America - Represents Marvel. His shield is the most versatile projectile in the game, with its trajectory being able to be altered mid flight, as well as maintaining momentum and being able to ricochet off walls and foes. Taking a page from Disney Infinity, his Final Smash has him hold up his shield as a S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier launches a huge *** laser at it, and Cap deflects it to heavily damage opponents.
(Captain) Jack Sparrow - Represents live-action Disney as well as the Disney Parks. A swashbuckling swordsman who also has a flintlock and bombs hidden in chests, a la Kingdom Hearts. Being a lucky, oft-inebriated wildcard, he excels at mix ups, with his move start ups looking suspiciously similar before switching to a less guessable attack, keeping foes guessing as to what he'll do next. His Final Smash would have the stage become sea level as the Black Pearl appears in the background, launching a rain of cannonballs on everyone on the stage.

For the record, if I could choose a fifth, it'd of course be Darth Vader, but he was just a victim of the numbers game. There'd also be Assist Trophies for Buzz Lightyear (getting Pixar in the mix) and Darth Vader, since he got snubbed of playability.

TL;DR, picking four was really hard. :p
Liked because Jack got included. (I agree with the other choices too)
Can't wait for the 5th film.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Swamp is a beast. Grass/Steel type with Battle Armor and learns Leech Seed as its first Grass move. Against a Normal type Gym.

Yeah. lol
Also you should definitely name your next awesome catch after me. Wink wink nudge wink wink nudge nudge.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
My Top 10 (not in order other than Andy being No. 1)

- Andy
- Crash
- Cloud
- Snake
- Lyn/Roy
- Banjo
- Ryu
- Mewtwo
- K. Rool
- Ganondorf

Last edited:

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
Wishlist for SSF2:
Ristar(not likely but I hope he's in someday)
Bass(Megaman)
Pichu
Ike
Vectorman
Charizard
Nikki(I don't even know why)
I had 2 more in mind, but I couldn't think of anyone else :/

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

****ing hell man, that new Re: Zero episode, **** is going down
What kind of cosmical ***pull is gonna save our heroes from this?
It's just a matter of Ghost now being down to a single type that resists it, and of course normal's immunity.
Not that you /need/ to have a pokemon available that covers both.
Isn't it /already/ the case of Mimikyu?
Ghost only resisted by Dark, which is weak to fairy, which has no immune type.
Edit: Normal/Fire, forgot about that.
Any type that resists Fairy with Normal can cover it
Fighting/Ghost are only covered by Normal/Ghost which there are no Pokemon with it and wouldn't have many Pokemons with it
Ghost honestly needs to be nerfed, one type that resists it and one that is immune isn't enough

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Yeah. lol
Metalynx is pretty good. Had it as my starter first demo run, then had electruxo as my second beta run, and now in the final I wound up with it again. Haven't tried raptorch, but it looks cool. And if Swamp lives to the 5th gym, don't use him there, it's all fire types. Leader is pretty powerful to.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Here's the final starting SSF2 roster in Roster Maker format:

And here's my final final predictions for the SSF2 roster:

I feel like I really nailed it this time. Feel free to ask questions.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
lol whats he gonna do, make the opponent surrender because of pasta?? I would say China since he can actually fight with his wok, hell everyone but Italy faught in Paint it White

Should I be more surprised that this came up, or that I actually know what it's about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom