• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Found an awesome SFM recreation of the first few cutscenes of Sonic Adventure.
Makes me want a remake of the game even more.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Yep.
Smash 4 got me to my normal logic of slot = characters.
So this game STARTS as big as brawl's climax.
Yup, Bayo confirmed.

She's just delayed because Witch Time needs to be nerfed every time the game starts.

>Starter roster

Unlockables when.
Let's see how it has changed from the one before roster revamp...
If I remember correctly, the pre-revamp starter roster contained 31 characters. That means the new one is 8 characters bigger.

Five characters initially planned to be unlockable were changed into starters (Luigi, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Mr. Game & Watch and Falco).

Nine characters not part of the original roster at all added as starters (Bandana Dee, Marth, Chibi-Robo, Isaac, Black Mage, Pac-Man, Bomberman, Luffy and Sandbag).

Two planned starter characters cut (Azrael, Blade).

Which leaves us with four characters part of the original starter roster with unknown fate (Diddy Kong, Knuckles, Cloud and Crono).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If I make a Smash fangame, it's going to be filled with characters from things that were only really popular for like a year.
Naturally, a Undertale, Overwatch, and Five Nights At Freddy's character are shoo-ins for this game.

In all seriousness though, I would love to a make a Nintendo Vs. Capcom in the form of a Smash fangame.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
That moment when people get pissed off by a fan-game...

Still have no interest in the game though...regardless how many anime characters are present...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Today I am 22.

I'm old.
Happy Birthday! And that's still pretty young!

And Luffy is the last starter? Not to surprising, I'm fine with it. As stated he completes the anime group, so it works out nicely. Curious as to what unlocks there will be.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
i mean not really sure what the salty people expected.Luffy,bar none was there most requested character,it was only a matter of when not if when it came to him.Plus,really,its a flash game no reason to be upset lol
I immediate understood that when they said it, and I wasn't upset about anything. Just didn't care enough, at all tbh..aside from Bandana Dee. That news was interesting so i had to check it out.
Every time I see Tails lumped in with non video game characters as peoples' literal scum tier I die a bit inside.
He's a character from a 3rd party series already represented. That's all.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That moment when people get pissed off by a fan-game...

Still have no interest in the game though...regardless how many anime characters are present...
Heh, if people get pissed over characters being included in a fan game, I guess I should probably keep what I'm hoping to do private to myself..... :T

Luffy's an interesting choice I suppose, but likewise, I'm not all that interested in the Smash flash games myself. Props to the dev's for all the time and effort they have put into it though.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If that is the final SSF2 starter roster, I kind of feel that there might not be as many SSB4 newcomers in the game as I thought. The roster seems smaller.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think we're good. Don't want anime reps to be the SSF2 equivalent of Fire Emblem. :)

If you're referring to Crusade, the newest version (that I don't is playable yet?) looks really crisp and I am more interested in it than SSF2.
I find it hard to imagine that they would be able to fix that thing
Today I am 22.

I'm old.
Happy birthday, ol' Swamp
Just 10 more levels to evolve
Let's see how it has changed from the one before roster revamp...
If I remember correctly, the pre-revamp starter roster contained 31 characters. That means the new one is 8 characters bigger.

Five characters initially planned to be unlockable were changed into starters (Luigi, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Mr. Game & Watch and Falco).

Nine characters not part of the original roster at all added as starters (Bandana Dee, Marth, Chibi-Robo, Isaac, Black Mage, Pac-Man, Bomberman, Luffy and Sandbag).

Two planned starter characters cut (Azrael, Blade).

Which leaves us with four characters part of the original starter roster with unknown fate (Diddy Kong, Knuckles, Cloud and Crono).
YO CRONO??? HOLY HELL I DID NOT KNOW HE WAS PLANNED
For everything that is pure in the world, make this a reality

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If I made a Smash fan game. . .I wonder what I would do.

Maybe exclude all existing official Smash characters so that it could completely focus on newcomers?

Then add a few really weird personal choices. Tails, of course, then maybe Caeda, Captain N, and Aurorus. . .or maybe Scolipede?

Just try to get really wild and crazy with what was used.

Maybe if I was feeling particularly devious, I'd read what people were asking from me and deliberately add something different just to give them first world problems.

"But I want a Donkey Kong chara-"

"You'll get Cragalanche and you will LIKE it." :troll:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Actually, you know what? Someone out there needs to make a MUGEN styled engine, but for Smash Bros.
Download that and you can make any kind of Smash Bros. fangame you ever wanted, with no hassle.

Includes the tools to easily make Fighters, Stages, Items, and Trophies. Has easy-to-use interface where you can alter a character's moveset with a few clicks.

Comes pre-packaged with the Original 12 and a couple staple stages like Battlefield and Final Destination, and you can download more content from the game's site.

At huge risk of being taken down, but if they decided to replace all the Nintendo properties with unique stuff, then added in a few other mechanics to the gameplay to differentiate, it would be able to live as it's own thing and as a personal tool for anyone who wants to see Homer Simpson clobber Pepsiman in Smash format.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Actually, you know what? Someone out there needs to make a MUGEN styled engine, but for Smash Bros.
Download that and you can make any kind of Smash Bros. fangame you ever wanted, with no hassle.

Includes the tools to easily make Fighters, Stages, Items, and Trophies. Has easy-to-use interface where you can alter a character's moveset with a few clicks.

Comes pre-packaged with the Original 12 and a couple staple stages like Battlefield and Final Destination, and you can download more content from the game's site.

At huge risk of being taken down, but if they decided to replace all the Nintendo properties with unique stuff, then added in a few other mechanics to the gameplay to differentiate, it would be able to live as it's own thing and as a personal tool for anyone who wants to see Homer Simpson clobber Pepsiman in Smash format.
All that it would need after that would be a SmashyBet server and it would be golden. :awesome:

1. King K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Bowser Jr.
4. King Dedede
5. Diddy Kong
5. (Captain) Toad
7. Mewtwo
8. Ganondorf
9. R.O.B.
10. Agumon

EDIT: Changed it to Top 10.

Last edited: