• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Yes! That's exactly who I predicted and who I wanted! Straw Hat Luffy boyz! First Bandana Dee and now Luffy! Hype through the roof!

Kaizoku ou ni ore wa naru!

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
So basically I just added one more character I refuse to use anymore after I try them out.
The others are Tails, Ichigo, Naruto and Goku.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I've been waiting for this moment I've been interested in One Piece for a long time, and thanks to SSF2 speculation, I've grown to be a big One Piece fan.

Now this is a character I'll be maining. This is SOOOOO HYPPPE!!!!!!!!

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i mean not really sure what the salty people expected.Luffy,bar none was there most requested character,it was only a matter of when not if when it came to him.Plus,really,its a flash game no reason to be upset lol

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So basically I just added one more character I refuse to use anymore after I try them out.
The others are Tails, Ichigo, Naruto and Goku.
Every time I see Tails lumped in with non video game characters as peoples' literal scum tier I die a bit inside.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Anything that would be said against Luffy or SSF2 in general, I would just reply "it's a fangame."
Like, I understand that you wanted to see a dream character that didn't make the cut for real Smash, but for me, I would prefer they added whoever they wanted and sold me with good design.

And they did. Both Luffy and Dee look really fun.

EDIT: Though uh, you know, Shovel Knight would've been pretty cool too :3

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Now I have three characters I want to main
Isaac
Bandana Dee
Luffy

EDIT: In addition to my already main Sora

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
As much as people complain, it makes sense to add Luffy with Goku, Naruto and Ichogo there. Now it feels more like an actual Smash roster if Sakurai decided "**** it, add the animes now." One Piece's popularity in Japan is insane. As in, whenever crossovers happen they get Smash 4 Mario cast levels of representation whereas Dragon Ball gets Goku, Vegeta and whoever else they felt like adding that year.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Hey you got Andy in the game! Congrats! ;D
I need to start writing fan fiction about how Andy and Luffy are brothers separated from birth. A+ material right there.

But really I hope Andy gets in so I can do the battle of the lookalikes lol.
They just confirmed Luffy is the final anime character.
Really? Did they say that on stream?

If so that's great news because the only reason I wanted to see Luffy in was so that the Shonen 4 could be complete and that their wouldn't be any need for any more anime characters. Also to do Andy VS Luffy as well if the former is in the game lol.
Now I can destroy more anime garbage with Bandana Dee.

Cool.
Luffy gonna rek you bruh.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I come in here to post some Sunday comics, and see a disaster. :p

Just kidding. Luffy, huh? Neat! My brother will be happy.

And, the comics.

unpairable-FULL.png

pkicopxkheim9nbhtsx4.jpg

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
i really dont get why you guys are against anime characters IN A FAN GAME
Considering what I've heard, I'm guessing people are trying to use it as a substitute for official Smash out of feelings that anyone can do better than Sakurai.

Kind of hard for them to do that when the devs do something they disagree with that Sakurai hasn't done.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Think of it this way guys. Smash 4's special guest lineup is iconic gaming icons from 3rd parties.
Pac-Man, Sonic, Mega Man. (Ryu, Cloud)

Smash Flash has no problems with adding 3rd party characters from games, so instead SSF2's guest lineup is anime instead. :p
Funnily enough, I don't follow SSF2 so I thought Luffy was suggested kind of as a joke to complete the set, I didn't know he actually was the most wanted.

BTW, Ichigo doesn't feel like he's quite on the same level as Goku, Naruto, and Luffy here. Is there someone else that would have been more equal to those characters?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Think of it this way guys. Smash 4's special guest lineup is iconic gaming icons from 3rd parties.

Smash Flash has no problems with adding 3rd party characters from games, so instead SSF2's guest lineup is anime instead. :p
Funnily enough, I don't follow SSF2 so I thought Luffy was suggested kind of as a joke to complete the set, I didn't know he actually was the most wanted.

BTW, Ichigo doesn't feel like he's quite on the same level as Goku, Naruto, and Luffy here. Is there someone else that would have been more equal to those characters?
I think Ichigo's appearance was a side effect of the original game's timing, co-inciding with the give anime boom in the west as subs became more accessible. I think Astro Boy would be a bigger character but we've already got Mega Man who is Astro Boy in all but guns on his butt.

D

Deleted member

Plus a fan-voted third party that isn't an icon, at least not on the same level as the five you mentioned. :4bayonetta:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think Ichigo's appearance was a side effect of the original game's timing, co-inciding with the give anime boom in the west as subs became more accessible. I think Astro Boy would be a bigger character but we've already got Mega Man who is Astro Boy in all but guns on his butt.
Is Astro Boy associated with Shonen Jump? That's kind of what I was referring to.

Plus a fan-voted third party that isn't an icon, at least not on the same level as the five you mentioned. :4bayonetta:
I've never heard of this character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, SSF2 is just amazing simply by the fact of being a Smash fangame that WORKS
It might not be exactly like the official ones but it actually plays properly unlike a certain other Smash fangame

I'd say Ichigo is the least popular of the 4 inside the anime fanbase, but he's still one of the most recognizable faces
Imo they should add Ed and Jotaro so we could have anime characters from actually good anime

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't watch his anime but I ain't even mad.

For me on fighting games: How the character fights is SIGNIFICANTLY more import than who the character is or what they does in their source material.

I main Naruto in SSF2 because I love his moveset/fightstyle. Just because I do main him, I am not required at all to like his anime or manga (and I don't like it, FYI).

Last edited:

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
Luffy? ...alright then. Not my taste, but happy for his fans. Stream's not working for me, what's his gimmick? Didn't the say he had unique ways of using Specials and Smashes?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

>Starter roster

Unlockables when.
That's very impressive that they have a starter roster of 38. That number is almost as much as the complete Brawl roster and close to the number of starter characters in Smash 3DS/Wii U minus DLC characters. Kudos to these guys. A job well done.

Gonna throw some ideas as to who the unlockables will be...

- Diddy Kong
- Ganondorf
- Mewtwo
- King Dedede
- Ridley
- Lucas or another Mother character
- Ike, Lyn, or another Fire Emblem character
- Andy
- Lip
- Snake
- Simon Belmont
- Ryu or Heihachi
- Cloud

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'd say Ichigo is the least popular of the 4 inside the anime fanbase, but he's still one of the most recognizable faces
Imo they should add Ed and Jotaro so we could have anime characters from actually good anime
I think we're good. Don't want anime reps to be the SSF2 equivalent of Fire Emblem. :)
Honestly, SSF2 is just amazing simply by the fact of being a Smash fangame that WORKS
It might not be exactly like the official ones but it actually plays properly unlike a certain other Smash fangame
If you're referring to Crusade, the newest version (that I don't is playable yet?) looks really crisp and I am more interested in it than SSF2.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
IIRC Bleach was still very popular during the SSF1 days and the start of the SSF2 days so it made sense as to why Ichigo was included in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom