• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

So far, and this was before this new pokemon was revealed

"
Some proofs of Riddler:
  • Posted subspecies fanart and hinted it as one of largest topic of this gen --- Alolan forme confirmed
  • Posted a Litleo and a Zubat together as the hint of new pokemon in April 20th --- mascot Sogaleo and Lunala confirmed
  • Posted a picture of a Pikachu inside tablecloth in March --- Mimikyu confirmed
  • Said owl, cat and sea lion as starters in April 20th --- confirmed
  • Posted a cloth on which skeleton is printed and said "related to villain team" --- Tean Skull confirmed
  • Posted a pic, which is merged from two pics of a shovel and sand --- Sandcastle pokemon confirmed

Something to be confirmed soon:
  • Posted a pic of statue of Aristotle --------- maybe a pokemon related to statue or the theories of Aristotle?
  • Posted a pic, which is merged from two pics of rock-paper-scissors game and bloody organs ---- not sure what will this pokemon be"
Aristotle? Closest thing related to that would be that character called Sophocles...

Lemme guess, this is all on 4chan?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Hey guys I just watc....

Sea Cucumber Pokemon.

Chinese leaks are real.
Wait WHAT?!

----

From Serebii

Punching people with your guts?
This gen keeps getting more metal.
Just Sea Cucumber things...they are known for literally turning themselves inside out...though they don't punch you with it, it's supposedly a means of defense...I mean would you eat something that turned itself inside out?...

----

anyway....

I just watched Batman vs. Superman...
I really don't think it's as bad as people are saying it is, by far better than Suicide Squad...One big problem with the movie? HORRIBLE PACING...it was sloooow as heeeeelllll....too much to cover with too little going on...but I still enjoyed it (to an extent)...then again I enjoyed Man of Steel and apparently other people hated it so...

It pretty much started getting really good right after Batman and Superman stopped fighting and we got to see Bats do his thing...Then Wonder Woman comes in to complete the Trinity...and she was pretty....then Superman dies and the movie ends...Gee I wonder if he's gone for good?...I hope trailers and advertisements for the next movie won't spoil it for us....oh, wait a sec...

Batfelck was decent (Bale was still better) at least Affleck was better than Kilmer and Clooney...
Gal Gadot was pretty good as Wonder Woman except for the, like 5 minutes of screen time she had...It would've been better if they just held off until her stand alone movie...
Did not like Jesse Eisenburg as Lex Luthor though...nope, didn't think it fit with him at all...

At least Wonder Woman takes place 100 years prior so we most likely won't have to worry about spoilers there...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
For those curious, here's a link to the discussion about the hinter, there's a post with an image on it that shows the hints, but I'm not sure if it's viewable without a Bulbapedia account.

Going back to the big Chinese text leak for a bit.

Reading this makes me think the starters aren't getting alternate forms, just based on the wording (unless they keep the same general theme in their forms... which would be a little pointless imo).

Then again, they also don't make any allusions to Rockruff's evo having multiple forms even though that seems to be the case with it.
To be fair, it wouldn't be the first time a leak mentions something that isn't present within another and/or is elaborated on. The Gematsu leak didn't mention Bowser Jr. DHD, or Dark Pit even ignoring what happened with Chrom/Robin/Lucina while the Ninka and Vaanrose leaks did. Additionally, both of the latter two leaks had information one didn't have that the other did, or had information elaborated on that one leak didn't explain in detail about (ex. Bowser Jr. and the Koopaling alts).

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Apparently the ultimate edition of BvS fixes most of the issues it had.

It really was scenes being moved around and cut.

Chrono.

For those curious, here's a link to the discussion about the hinter, there's a post with an image on it that shows the hints, but I'm not sure if it's viewable without a Bulbapedia account.

To be fair, it wouldn't be the first time a leak mentions something that isn't present within another and/or is elaborated on. The Gematsu leak didn't mention Bowser Jr. DHD, or Dark Pit even ignoring what happened with Chrom/Robin/Lucina while the Ninka and Vaanrose leaks did. Additionally, both of the latter two leaks had information one didn't have that the other did, or had information elaborated on that one leak didn't explain in detail about (ex. Bowser Jr. and the Koopaling alts).
The curious thing is, the final starters do have concept art leaked, so it's not like we have just text to go by.

Seems a little odd to me that there's no hint of alternate forms at all. But it's as you said, we're probably not getting the whole picture.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The curious thing is, the final starters do have concept art leaked, so it's not like we have just text to go by.

Seems a little odd to me that there's no hint of alternate forms at all. But it's as you said, we're probably not getting the whole picture.
For all we know the alternate forms could be fake

Which rumor was the one with alternate forms? I can't remember

Chrono.

For all we know the alternate forms could be fake

Which rumor was the one with alternate forms? I can't remember
Rumor 3 of this: http://i.imgur.com/SL3XoAd.jpg

It's also the vaguest one.

Though I'm not using that rumor for my theory. Rumor 4 strengthens it more, because it mentions Rockruff getting more than one form and Gamefreak already said that Rockruff and the starters share a secret.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
My opinion... Again:

Batman v Superman is terrible for two reasons. The pacing, which is better in the Ultimate Edition, but still really bad. Two, the stupid plot points. They are SO DUMB! Spoilers just in case.
The U. S. Government decides believe a random citizen who was maybe, possibly in the area of the accident instead of Lois Lane a professional journalist who saw and heard everything first hand. Sure, maybe she doesn't know WHO killed all those people but she knows at the very least it's not Superman. Second, why the hell is Bruce so angry? Nowhere in comics or movies had he showed this sort of hatred towards anyone. And why is he so mad? Because Superman knocked over his building trying to save the world. He comes out of retirement for that? OK, sure Superman accidentally killing people is bad. But Zod destroying the entire human race is much worse. Lastly, Martha? Really? That's what makes him stop hating him? Saying Martha? What? That makes no sense. Superman saying Martha changes nothing that Batman is mad at him about. Sooo?

Altogether, I do think Suicide Squad is a better movie. At least it tried to keep stuff believably human even with whatever the hell the villain is doing in that movie. At least it was understandably bad with a bit of plot holes and a strange sense of tonal conflicts. The Joker wasn't that bad, I thought. No one can live up to Heath at this point and I think Leto did the best he could with what he has to work with. He was pretty much just a love interest in that movie anyways.

Man of Steel is a great movie, a wonderful movie brought down by one mistake. The ending. He snaps Zod's neck to keep him from killing a family. OK that's understandable but what about those other thousand families that got crushed under falling rubble. Do they not matter as much? Otherwise, the movie was genius. It's imagery is gorgeous. It's dialogue is interesting. And it's action is exhilarating. I don't think it deserves all those negative reviews it got but the movie isn't perfect. It has one big flaw.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
The closest person who fits the bill is Chandeelure Chandeelure . Though that's besides the point.

To be an Alpha Male, you would have to be all about toughness and being anything that qualifies as manly. Being the dominant one in a group or back that you're a part of. You can be a bit arrogant and put yourself above other men if you have that perfect strong body and voice to match. Playing or liking anything girly makes you less of man and unworthy of that title. At least this is how it works in the animal kingdom.
Alpha Male, that sounds primitive XD

Thanks for tagging me, but why do you consider me one?

And why PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate would want to be like that?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My opinion... Again:

Batman v Superman is terrible for two reasons. The pacing, which is better in the Ultimate Edition, but still really bad. Two, the stupid plot points. They are SO DUMB! Spoilers just in case.
The U. S. Government decides believe a random citizen who was maybe, possibly in the area of the accident instead of Lois Lane a professional journalist who saw and heard everything first hand. Sure, maybe she doesn't know WHO killed all those people but she knows at the very least it's not Superman. Second, why the hell is Bruce so angry? Nowhere in comics or movies had he showed this sort of hatred towards anyone. And why is he so mad? Because Superman knocked over his building trying to save the world. He comes out of retirement for that? OK, sure Superman accidentally killing people is bad. But Zod destroying the entire human race is much worse. Lastly, Martha? Really? That's what makes him stop hating him? Saying Martha? What? That makes no sense. Superman saying Martha changes nothing that Batman if mad at him about. Sooo?

Altogether, I do think Suicide Squad is a better movie. At least it tried to keep stuff believably human even with whatever the hell the villain is doing in that movie. At least it was understandably bad with a bit of plot holes and a strange sense of tonal conflicts. The Joker wasn't that bad, I thought. No one can live up to Heath at this point and I think Leto did the best he could with what he has to work with. He was pretty much just a love interest in that movie anyways.

Man of Steel is a great movie, a wonderful movie brought down by one mistake. The ending. He snaps Zod's neck to keep him from killing a family. OK that's understandable but what about those other thousand families that got crushed under falling rubble. Do they not matter as much? Otherwise, the movie was genius. It's imagery is gorgeous. It's dialogue is interesting. And it's Action is exhilaration. I don't think it deserves all those negative reviews it got but the movie isn't perfect. It has one big flaw.
I will say...

"Martha" was Batman realizing that Superman had a family.

Realizing that he was human as well.

Supposed to be that at least.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Alpha Male, that sounds primitive XD

Thanks for tagging me, but why do you consider me one?

And why PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate would want to be like that?
Well, you are the closest thing to anything that looks like that strong perfect being physically.

Then there was your comment about how Jasper is relatable to you not to long ago. But it's not like you plan on keeping a zoo of corrupted gems

He was just a little curious so I've answered him. Doubt he's completely serious. :p

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Though I'm not using that rumor for my theory. Rumor 4 strengthens it more, because it mentions Rockruff getting more than one form and Gamefreak already said that Rockruff and the starters share a secret.
According to that leak...there's an Alolan Pidove, Rapidash and Dodrio...

Dodrio corroborates the fourth leak which mentions a Fighting/Flying Alolan Doduo...the same one that half predicted Ninetales Alolan typing...it was also mentioned before the fourth leak according to the timestamps...

One thing that makes sense is that a taller bulkier Dodrio could represent the extinct Moa of New Zealand...This gen seems to be taking a lot of ideas from animals found in various Pacific islands as we can see with Komala and Oricorio being from Australia and New Guinea respectively...
I wonder if they'll make Doduo shorter to closer match the Kiwi? then making Dodrio tall like the Moa...hmm...

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I will say...

"Martha" was Batman realizing that Superman had a family.

Realizing that he was human as well.

Supposed to be that at least.
Yeah, but even then what if Superman's mother's name was Jennifer?

He'd have a kryptonite spear through his heart...
The whole movie closes onto that scene and it all rides on their mother's having the same name. Like, what?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah, but even then what if Superman's mother's name was Jennifer?

He'd have a kryptonite spear through his heart...
The whole movie closes onto that scene and it all rides on their mother's having the same name. Like, what?
I'm not sure if that's even important.

I think the coincidence is just something that gives Batman more reason to pause.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

It's funny, in a way, Rumor 3 and 4 go hand in hand in terms of their information.
-They agree that Rockruff has multiple evolutions, Rumor 3 elaborates on how they're obtained.
-They both mention VC Pokémon having different stats and typings.
-They both mention Alola forms, with them elaborating on different details of them (Rumor 3 mentions stats and appearance, Rumor 4 mentions Type and other smaller details).
-If the last post is to be counted, both mention the Normal cat that can be bred for various typings.

They're pretty much contemporaries in a lot of ways, though Rumor 3 predates 4 by 1 or 2 weeks (and Cresselia's translation of the Chinese leak by a couple days) and doesn't have as much going for it as the later leak. It's an interesting situation, and it makes me wonder how both are going to turn out once we have the games in our hands and can confirm or deny their information.

That's definitely a point to consider going forward as it is odd for the alternate forms to not get leaked alongside them, though it isn't impossible depending on how they got access to them in the first place.

Speaking of which, I'm honestly curious how they got those concepts though. It would be shared among the staff for design and modeling, but I can't imagine GF made it easy to leak those out. So I'm wondering how this managed to slip by them when they're usually very careful with giving out concept art.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
That Sea Cucumber looks cool.

Well, you are the closest thing to anything that looks like that strong perfect being physically.

Then there was your comment about how Jasper is relatable to you not to long ago. But it's not like you plan on keeping a zoo of corrupted gems

He was just a little curious so I've answered him. Doubt he's completely serious. :p
Do I look close to a strong perfect being physically? XD
Well, thanks! :D
That makes me want to continue with the exercises and stuff.
I will definitely improve in the future.

And yeah, that Jasper comment was yesterday, I forgot hahaha.

Well, I hope you guys don't give up if you want to have a better physique or something like that.
(I'm saying this because I know some of you want to improve... and you will).

Chrono.

Speaking of which, I'm honestly curious how they got those concepts though. It would be shared among the staff for design and modeling, but I can't imagine GF made it easy to leak those out. So I'm wondering how this managed to slip by them when they're usually very careful with giving out concept art.
I blame China.

Seriously though, both KOF and Pokemon get official Chinese releases for the first time and they both somehow get leaked with their leak sources being from China.

Like, what the hell is going over there?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pidove having an alternate form would be interesting. I bet it would be based on a Dodo bird

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That new Pokemon reminds me of episode one of Agents of Shield where Coulson think a bad drawing of a hedgehog is a poop with knifes in it.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So far, and this was before this new pokemon was revealed

"
Some proofs of Riddler:
  • Posted subspecies fanart and hinted it as one of largest topic of this gen --- Alolan forme confirmed
  • Posted a Litleo and a Zubat together as the hint of new pokemon in April 20th --- mascot Sogaleo and Lunala confirmed
  • Posted a picture of a Pikachu inside tablecloth in March --- Mimikyu confirmed
  • Said owl, cat and sea lion as starters in April 20th --- confirmed
  • Posted a cloth on which skeleton is printed and said "related to villain team" --- Tean Skull confirmed
  • Posted a pic, which is merged from two pics of a shovel and sand --- Sandcastle pokemon confirmed

Something to be confirmed soon:
  • Posted a pic of statue of Aristotle --------- maybe a pokemon related to statue or the theories of Aristotle?
  • Posted a pic, which is merged from two pics of rock-paper-scissors game and bloody organs ---- not sure what will this pokemon be"

So, the sea cucumber is supposed to make a fist with its body organs.

What if is makes scissors and paper too?

Even if its just a fist, I think they were referring to this Pokemon.

A philosopher Pokemon would be pretty cool.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
So, the sea cucumber is supposed to make a fist with its body organs.

What if is makes scissors and paper too?

Even if its just a fist, I think they were referring to this Pokemon.

A philosopher Pokemon would be pretty cool.
i think its less a philosopher pokemon and a pokemon based off of something he said

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
people say NX wont be backwards compatible because its moving back to carts....but what if its backwards compatible with 3ds games

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
people say NX wont be backwards compatible because its moving back to carts....but what if its backwards compatible with 3ds games
I wondered about that. . .

. . .Of course, now that I think about it one thing to note is if they don't keep using the funny notch then it's not going to work because the old cartridges simply won't fit inside the system.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I just had a sudden realisation about the NX and I feel really dumb now.

If the NX will use Tegra 2 and will be on the same level as the Xbox One and PS4, wouldn't that be a good thing?

If Microsoft and Sony stick to their guns and don't leave the owners of the base Xbox One and PS4 behind once the Scorpio and Neo come out like they've said previously, surely that would mean that the NX would be able to get the same games coming out on the Xbox One and PS4 platforms as well, right?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How big would the NX's carts be? If it's the size of a tablet then it should be a bit bigger then the 3DS carts. I wonder if they'd make them the same size as the original Game Boy Carts to blow some minds and reuse the old molds.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I just had a sudden realisation about the NX and I feel really dumb now.

If the NX will use Tegra 2 and will be on the same level as the Xbox One and PS4, wouldn't that be a good thing?

If Microsoft and Sony stick to their guns and don't leave the owners of the base Xbox One and PS4 behind once the Scorpio and Neo come out like they've said previously, surely that would mean that the NX would be able to get the same games coming out on the Xbox One and PS4 platforms as well, right?
That's what I've been saying for a while now. :laugh:

Of course, I can't guarantee what power Nintendo will choose for the system, but they only need to get in the ballpark of the base systems for this gen in order to be compatible with multiplat games.

People tend to doom and gloom about the mid-gen upgrades destroying Nintendo, but that's like saying the DSi made the DS obsolete or the New 3DS made the 3DS obsolete. Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that there isn't a very big pool of exclusive games and most things were/are still being made for the older system.

The biggest hit the mid gen upgrades do to Nintendo in the case of their being in PS4/XB1 range is to their image. That's probably what made Reggie so glum in that one photo, because Nintendo being "behind" is just that much more bad PR from people participating in the console wars even if the NX might be able to handle multiplat. As far as functionality? Nintendo doesn't have to reach for those stars to mechanically handle coverage, being equal to base Gen 8 should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom