• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fed Force might have the fact there is like nothing being released on 3ds anymore going for it. Everyone has been saving up for the next Nintendo game and this is that is left.

Not like there are any Wii U games getting released :eyeroll:

I hate this not because it is bad, but because it will never happen.
:061:

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
So let's place a bet, mates. Which game do you think will have the better sales next week: Federation Force or Style Savvy Fashion Forward? Main reason why I'm asking this is because both games come out on the same day.
>implying people even know what Style Savvy is

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
* heh, you've pretty much described nintendo's current audience and main *****ers in a nutshell. *
I guess maybe my status as a beta female is why I don't get quite so worked up at their every announcement as most people seem to, then? :troll:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm actually afraid Federation Force will flop.

There's a lot of hostility there. And a lot of stubbornness.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
>implying people even know what Style Savvy is
Nintendo's marketing is to blame. And when they do try to market the game, the very alpha males that aren't their audience dislike the videos and complain about it being shovelware.

I guess maybe my status as a beta female is why I don't get quite so worked up at their every announcement as most people seem to, then? :troll:

You said it, sister. Impressions from fans say that there is still more depth in this game compared to any other dressing simulator. Too bad many judge it from the outside for being a low budget girls game instead of letting us enjoy it. One bloke even said the game should be cancelled if it gets enough dislikes when the bloody game was already localized in many countries before the US. Sad isn't it?

I actually anticipate that Federation Force will do decently well...despite it's slight deviation from the series...

then again I don't expect it to be that successful either...

As for Style Savvy, I have no clue who Style Savvy even is? Can he crawl?:troll:
He may not crawl, but he can dress like the fashionista he is. :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm actually afraid Federation Force will flop.

There's a lot of hostility there. And a lot of stubbornness.
I don't really think it's a majority of people

Just a very vocal minority

I don't expect it to do super well, but I don't really think it'll flop

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Nintendo's marketing is to blame. And when they do try to market the game, the very alpha males that aren't their audience dislike the videos and complain about it being shovelware.

You said it, sister. Impressions from fans say that there is still more depth in this game compared to any other dressing simulator. Too bad many judge it from the outside for being a low budget girls game instead of letting us enjoy it. One bloke even said the game should be cancelled if it gets enough dislikes when the bloody game was already localized in many countries before the US. Sad isn't it?

Is Style Savvy really getting that much hate? I mean sure I'd probably never touch it with a twenty foot pole because, "fashion simulator*yay*fun"....

But damn I know not everything needs to be arm cannons and master swords...There's a demographic for everything out there, and coming from Nintendo especially (given how they want to appeal to a casual crowd) people should understand this...no point in ruining the fun for others just because it doesn't suit your interests....

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't really think it's a majority of people

Just a very vocal minority

I don't expect it to do super well, but I don't really think it'll flop
I dunno.

It's pretty big for a minority.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Lol I just realized Federation Force comes out on my birthday.

Maybe I'll get it as a gift or something.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Is Style Savvy really getting that much hate? I mean sure I'd probably never touch it with a twenty foot pole because, "fashion simulator*yay*fun"....

But damn I know not everything needs to be arm cannons and master swords...There's a demographic for everything out there, and coming from Nintendo especially (given how they want to appeal to a casual crowd) people should understand this...no point in ruining the fun for others just because it doesn't suit your interests....
Since you've asked for proof, then allow me to post every Style Savvy related trailer in existence.

I would remind you the first one is rather recent and got the most negative reaction from Nintendo fans. No coincidence that all of them happen to be male and want a good 3DS game since it's "in the same category as Federation Force" to them.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I hadn't looked into it, but. . .yeah, asking for a game to be cancelled just because it doesn't appeal to you is absurd.

I don't think I'll be picking it up since I'm waiting for the NX and the only game I'm willing to spend money on until I see what it is will be Pokemon Sun (even Robobot is going to have to wait until the possibility of being a Christmas present), and I'm not sure how much mileage I'd get out of it since dressing tends to take up a low amount of my interest in most other games and my fashion tastes are pretty. . .narrow. . .but I entertained the idea of playing it like a day or two ago when I saw a screenshot and experimenting with clothes did sound kind of fun.

. . .You know what? I'll go download the demo. See if it's more or less fun than I pictured.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
You guys were listing the 7 best games?

That's easy seeing how there are only 7 good games.

Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario 64
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Banjo Kazooie
Psyconauts
Knack
Shaun White Snowboarding World Stage

You're awesome if you got that reference

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know what? I'll just go ahead and download Blast Ball while I'm at it, too.

Viva la resistance.

:happysheep:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And one more thing, the games are hated because the developers Syn Sophia originally worked on games like WWF (Though THQ made way more games like this), Kinnikuman, Def Jam, and Virtual Pro Wrestling.

Yeah, even the wrestlig fanboys are salty about these games because they can't have a sequel to their favorite testosterone fueled sports games they grew up with.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And one more thing, the games are hated because the developers Syn Sophia originally worked on games like WWF (Though THQ made way more games like this), Kinnikuman, Def Jam, and Virtual Pro Wrestling.

Yeah, even the wrestlig fanboys are salty about these games because they can't have a sequel to their favorite testosterone fueled sports games they grew up with.
To be fair, many of the Wrestling games were pretty damn good.

But it's still really silly to use that as a reasoning. I mean, if the Savvy Style game turns out to not be that great, fair enough. But that has yet to be seen, and the reasons for hating on it(and I'm not even interested in it myself) are just plain ridiculous at this point.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think Style Savvy/New Style Boutique looks pretty fun from what I've seen of it, it even got a brand new remix in Smash and I think a trophy or two in the 3DS version. (If I recall correctly)

I haven't really played the series myself though, but I personally wouldn't really mind seeing a stage or maybe even a character (Much like Wii Fit Trainer or Villager) in a future Smash game, really....

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Too bad THQ is dead along with the annual wrestling games that came with it. I never played Syn Sophia's games before or Def Jam because wrestling isn't my thing. But I am pretty jealous of Japan having those Kinnikuman games because they look so fun. If only Brocken Jr's Nazi appearance didn't scare the West from localizing the anime (yet the M.U.S.C.L.E. figures and terrible NES game came for some odd reason).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Too bad THQ is dead along with the annual wrestling games that came with it. I never played Syn Sophia's games before or Def Jam because wrestling isn't my thing. But I am pretty jealous of Japan having those Kinnikuman games because they look so fun. If only Brocken Jr's Nazi appearance didn't scare the West from localizing the anime (yet the M.U.S.C.L.E. figures and terrible NES game came for some odd reason).
We did get the anime, as Ultimate Muscle. Toned down for obvious reasons, being on 4Kids and all(plus, the show was aimed at kids as an adaption, so a lot had to be changed). It wasn't a very faithful adaption overall, but it was unique in its own right. Including pretty funny renames, like Gazelle Man to Dik Dik Van Dik.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
But hey, we may haven't gotten the OG Kinnikuman anime in the US. But we did get something just as good thanks to 4Kids TV.

If I recall, this is one of the few anime that 4Kids barely censored at all. Even the bikinis are intact and King Muscle (Kid Muscle's father and the original Kinnikuman protagonist) still said his infamous "popping babies" line.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
"popping babies"
.___. I don't even want to know what that line means...

Also, I never watched Kid Muscle (Kid Musculo in Spanish), I only saw it announced in FoxKids, but I was too much into watching Sonic X and never being able of watching the Kirby anime because it started at the 00:00 hours.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The one bit of censorship from anime I remember is in DBZ when in the world tournament they fight a girl that strips her clothes off to distract her opponent. They cut it completely out of the episode

BUT, they left her in her underwear on the "Last Time on Dragonball" part, and I was like "What? I don't remember her in her underwear"

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
.___. I don't even want to know what that line means...

Also, I never watched Kid Muscle (Kid Musculo in Spanish), I only saw it announced in FoxKids, but I was too much into watching Sonic X and never being able of watching the Kirby anime because it started at the 00:00 hours.
Take a wild guess what it means. It's a natural function that women do when they are in labor.

Yes, even 4Kids can have a few adult jokes here and there despite their infamous case of censorship.

AndreaAC

Take a wild guess what it means. It's a natural function that women do when they are in labor.

Yes, even 4Kids can have a few adult jokes here and there despite their infamous case of censorship.
O___O ...Holy Jesus Christ.

Ok, I'm so glad that I never watched that thing back in the day...I bet that line sounded worse in spanish.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

My personal favorite is when a certain Kirby episode cracked a steroids joke when Kirby interrupted Escargoon's stage play for Dedede's monster show.

Yes, 4Kids of all people cracked a joke about steroids and this was never in the original Japanese version at all. :troll:

AndreaAC

My personal favorite is when a certain Kirby episode cracked a steroids joke when Kirby interrupted Escargoon's stage play for Dedede's monster show.
That would have been hilarious to watch, TT . TT Too bad I never got the chance...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I've always been split when it came to 4Kids.
On one hand they were hack localizers that tore apart good franchises, but on the other it's not like they always failed.
Plus admittedly I do have a bit of a nostalgia for some of the dubs. Especially Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh.

In a sense, they're almost like what Justin Beiber is to me nowadays. Sure he's not the sharpest tool in the pop star shed, but after the millionth "Beiber is Satan and should go kill himself" comment you just kinda tune it all out after a while.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What they did to One Piece got pretty bad. Now, I don't mind taking away smoking. But turning a pistol into some weird hammer on a spring? The hell?

Also, I can forgive the name change to Zolo due to copyright reasons(at the time). And it didn't sound bad anyway. Mind you, he was likely named after Zorro as is. That said, I honestly did enjoy the pirate rap. The more proper dub is definitely better, but the 4kids dub had a moment or two that was fine(a legitimate name change, removing smoking in a kid's show is justified). I am glad they did lose the license, cause while I did enjoy the 4kids version to a degree, there's no way to make it a proper pirate show with that much censorship. It goes too far.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone consider themselves an "Alpha Male"?

Is it something I should strive to become?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Anyone consider themselves an "Alpha Male"?

Is it something I should strive to become?
The closest person who fits the bill is @Chandelure. Though that's besides the point.

To be an Alpha Male, you would have to be all about toughness and being anything that qualifies as manly. Being the dominant one in a group or back that you're a part of. You can be a bit arrogant and put yourself above other men if you have that perfect strong body and voice to match. Playing or liking anything girly makes you less of man and unworthy of that title. At least this is how it works in the animal kingdom.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The closest person who fits the bill is @Chandelure. Though that's besides the point.

To be an Alpha Male, you would have to be all about toughness and being anything that qualifies as manly. Being the dominant one in a group or back that you're a part of. You can be a bit arrogant and put yourself above other men if you have that perfect strong body and voice to match. Playing or liking anything girly makes you less of man and unworthy of that title. At least this is how it works in the animal kingdom.
LOL, what is considered girly in the animal kingdom?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
From Serebii
. This Pokémon is called Namakobushi and is said to be able to send its insides out from its mouth and use as a fist
Punching people with your guts?
This gen keeps getting more metal.

Chrono.

Going back to the big Chinese text leak for a bit.
Reading this makes me think the starters aren't getting alternate forms, just based on the wording (unless they keep the same general theme in their forms... which would be a little pointless imo).

Then again, they also don't make any allusions to Rockruff's evo having multiple forms even though that seems to be the case with it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone heard of the Riddler leaker?

He posts pictures and says it has to do with sun and moon

The pictures seem random, but so far a lot of them directly correlate with something that was revealed for sun and moon

One of the pictures he showed was "guts"

Chrono.

Anyone heard of the Riddler leaker?

He posts pictures and says it has to do with sun and moon

The pictures seem random, but so far a lot of them directly correlate with something that was revealed for sun and moon

One of the pictures he showed was "guts"
WHAT?

This is news to me.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
WHAT?

This is news to me.
So far, and this was before this new pokemon was revealed

"
Some proofs of Riddler:
  • Posted subspecies fanart and hinted it as one of largest topic of this gen --- Alolan forme confirmed
  • Posted a Litleo and a Zubat together as the hint of new pokemon in April 20th --- mascot Sogaleo and Lunala confirmed
  • Posted a picture of a Pikachu inside tablecloth in March --- Mimikyu confirmed
  • Said owl, cat and sea lion as starters in April 20th --- confirmed
  • Posted a cloth on which skeleton is printed and said "related to villain team" --- Tean Skull confirmed
  • Posted a pic, which is merged from two pics of a shovel and sand --- Sandcastle pokemon confirmed

Something to be confirmed soon:
  • Posted a pic of statue of Aristotle --------- maybe a pokemon related to statue or the theories of Aristotle?
  • Posted a pic, which is merged from two pics of rock-paper-scissors game and bloody organs ---- not sure what will this pokemon be"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom