• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Not going to quote because mobile so ill tag instead.

Aetheri Aetheri
1. Being in development for 7 years doesn't automatically make a game a big deal. Based on the comments surrounding the game, im pretty sure this idea has gone through development hell once or twice before. It isn't like development on the Fed Force we know today started 7 years ago and continued non-stop all the way through. Also has it really been in dev for 7 years? I thought that t was something like the concept originating 7 years ago?

2. There is literally 0 way that Fed Force will be Metroid's last title. When you have a series so beloved like Metroid it wont go out without a fight. This isnt even close to chibi robo, which has always been super niche and as far as I know, a fairly confused series.

ESPECIALLY when Samus is such an absurdley iconic character as one of, if not THE girl of gaming.

3. Plenty of games have titles thay dont have the main character in the starring role. It's a normal thing. This would be the first time so it isnt like Samus is getting booted out of the series unceremoniously. If anything, I understand the dev teams desire to distance themself from Samus, which is such a touchy subject. Leave her revival to a mainline title instead of a spinoff. That way it is glorious instead of a sidenote like it wouldnbe is Samus played a major role.

4. Nintendo and transparency aren't synonymous. If antonymousis a word (i dont think it is) it would fit better. It sucks and we all know it but not much we can do about it.
:061:
1. I wasn't really saying it's a big deal for a game to be in development for that long but more so it gives the game less of an excuse...especially if it's not going to be large scale game like an open-world game like BotW, which it likely won't if it's just a spinoff title...If there's any glitches that affects gameplay, that's not a very good thing to occur if the devs have been working on it for that long...Or if the story or duration of the game feels lacking then it really looks bad on the game that's been in the works for this long...One of the reasons why Mighty No. 9 is receiving a lot of criticism is because after all the delays it looks worse than it did when it started...Like I said expectation increase, but not in a 'OMG this makes me more excited' kinda way but moreso in a 'they better not **** up' way...of course I'm more or less exaggerating with these but you get the point...

Tanabe said the game's been in development in some form or another since 2009...perhaps it went through major changes part way through, but the idea behind making a Federation vs. Space Pirates game was something he said he wanted to do for about 10 years or so...

Also keep in mind almost every game goes through major changes, I'm pretty sure when Bot W was first started it was vastly different than what we have today...like anything that's being created development on games starts with ideas before being fleshed out into something more complete...

2. This was me speaking moreso out of paranoia more than anything...I have spoken previously on how I am pretty optimistic on the future of the franchise based on several things that have been going on within the past year or two...this was my pessimism on the subject...

3. First read your last statement from your second point...second this isn't Mario where we can throw in those Luigi's Mansions and Captian Toads and still have moderate to success...Samus is the most established character in the franchise and not too many other characters can really take up a lead role, while yeah there are a few candidates that could probably produce decent games (Sylux is a good example) it's not exactly something that needs to be explored when the series is lying dormancy for this many years...especially after the last showing...fans want Samus the way they knew her, and putting on the sidelines isn't really the best way to do this, since most of the game we probably won't see her that often...it's even more of a sidenote than of she were the main protagonist...Remember you're talking to the guy that has some animosity towards Assist Trophies in smash with popular characters relegated to simple rarely ever seen NPC's...

4. That's why I said they need to be more transparent...I'm not saying they should reveal to us absolutely everything they are working on even if it's 5 or 6 years down the line...but communicating more with the fans is something they could really do better...

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone just said that pokemon go requires a Gmail account to use

My Google account is tied to my Hotmail account for what I know of, I don't think I have Gmail

Chrono.

I bet my *** that people would abandon it if the game was censored just like Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

Thank Censorship Gaming (Obvious sarcasm intended).
Not if it's Pokemon.

Pokemon is bigger than any censorship ****nut group could ever be.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
At least pokemon let me have my Gardevoir petting action

Burruni

Smash Hero
>Her first name is American

Isn't that because she IS partly American?
View attachment 114392
And then there's.

Lisa Silverman.
American girl moved to japan because her dad's basically a giant weeb for samurai culture.
From the same series.
And nobody batted an eye.
Because the series was obscure and people took what they got; frustrating gameplay with great writing and characters

So even games from the future are labeled as racist?
:troll:
Mario Kart 9 came out, dude.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Fun Fact: Fire Emblem Amie originally allowed you to touch all over your units' bodies (chest and all). But then Nintendo was disturbed by the idea and told them to tone it down into what we see now.

It still didn't prevent the face touching from complete removal in the West. :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
TyranitarTube just made a video based on a "Leaked" pokedex, although it's different than the one we've been seeing

In it, it says Pikipek is going to evolve into a grass/ flying

WTF would he evolve into a grass/flying when one of the starters is grass/ flying

that's super redundant

Edit: Or, is that on the version we have?

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Do we even have info on Anne to say she's there "just for fanservice"?

:094:
This was back when the only thing we knew of her was an early trailer, which people nitpicked the catsuit and cleavage as "fanservice".

If they want REAL fanservice, look no further than one recent trailer focusing on the characters in a pool area, bikinis and all.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Fun Fact: Fire Emblem Amie originally allowed you to touch all over your units' bodies (chest and all). But then Nintendo was disturbed by the idea and told them to tone it down into what we see now.

It still didn't prevent the face touching from complete removal in the West. :troll:
Honestly I would have been more fine with that

Because face petting to me is a lot creepier

Burruni

Smash Hero
TyranitarTube just made a video based on a "Leaked" pokedex, although it's different than the one we've been seeing

WTF would he evolve into a grass/flying when one of the starters is grass/ flying

that's super redundant

731 Pikipek (NORMAL/FLYING)
732 Plukipek (NORMAL/FLYING)
733 Lumbird (GRASS/FLYING)

It's on the leak.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
731 Pikipek (NORMAL/FLYING)
732 Plukipek (NORMAL/FLYING)
733 Lumbird (GRASS/FLYING)

It's on the leak.
Yeah, I guess it is

Another reason I don't like the list

I didn't give two ****s about Pikipek so I didn't bother reading about its evolutions

---

Edit: OMG he is so stupid

He thought that Delphin and Porpise were a hybrid Porcupine-Tortoise pokemon

Y'know, instead of a dolphin/ porpoise

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I mean.
We had access to Charizard as a secondary starter and Talonflame.
So it isn't unheard of.
Yeah, but they weren't pokemon of the same generation

I know there in the same game

But, eh. I didn't pick a charizard in X or Y

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Tfw people are cracking Harambe jokes just because of the leaked ground gorilla Pokemon.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

> Took up a spot for a PoC character

Ladies and gentlemen, when Persona fans go wrong.
I don't know who to blame for this. Because nobody would really give a **** except for self-loathing idiots who hate their own race.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
NOOOO!

Corrupted Jasper :(

Jasper redemption please!!!!1!

No, but seriously, she is one of my favorite gems, I want her back.

She is kinda like me, big, egocentric and for some reason thinks everything that's not perfect is a failure XD

...Yeah, I know those are not very good characteristics hahaha, I'm working on my personality.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

that's super redundant

Having a flying type starter is already redundant when you have the early route bird anyways....I feel like if people choose Rowlett they won't choose Pikipeck regardless what other typing goes with it's flying type...unless they are doing a flying monotype...or are bird enthusiats or something...but then again I'm a guy who's planning on a possible team with three dark types...

Bananija

Count of Trickery
NOOOO!

Corrupted Jasper :(

Jasper redemption please!!!!1!

No, but seriously, she is one of my favorite gems, I want her back.

She is kinda like me, big, egocentric and for some reason thinks everything that's not perfect is a failure XD

...Yeah, I know those are not very good characteristics hahaha, I'm working on my personality.
And she's orange, like Bandana Dee!
But seriously, what a breath-taking episode : New fusion, Pink Diamond info, Peridot got a kill and Jasper looked so broken inside despite being the "Perfect Quartz". It was sad... Before this episode, I wasn't to fond of the Jasper's redemption idea, but now I kinda want to see it.

And Amethyst calling Jasper sis' was pretty sad too.

Chrono.

You could find Poliwag in the route after Cherrygrove City even though you can choose Totodile.

That argument is dead on arrival.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

that's super redundant

It wouldn't be the first time that happened, even ignoring pure type examples, you have Swampert and Whiscash, which were both Water/Ground types introduced in Gen 3.

Chrono.

It wouldn't be the first time that happened, even ignoring pure type examples, you have Swampert and Whiscash, which were both Water/Ground types introduced in Gen 3.
I thought the argument was more about how early you had access to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom