• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So here's an interesting article I ran into: http://www.cracked.com/blog/why-blockbuster-movie-bubble-will-burst-in-2018/

I don't really care for Cracked these days, but I thought it would make for some nice discussion on how ridiculous the movie lineup for 2018 looks like (and how it may not be a good thing).
Predator
Black Panther
Pacific Rim 2
The Flash
Wreck-It Ralph 2
Infinity War
Han Solo
Toy Story 4
Ant-Man and Wasp
Aquaman
Deadpool 2
Jurassic World 2
Fantastic Beasts 2
Animated Spider-Man

RIP Wallet

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
^ Foreshadowing a 3rd Final Smash for Ryu perhaps?

D

Deleted member

http://www.strawpoll.me/10934664

I want to do something for Castlevania's 30th Anniversary, and i plan to do a "special post" for the 26th of September (similar to what i did with Mewtwo's birthday), but i want to know if you guys are interesed (and you likely aren't). If i only had the courage, i would actually try to do a guest article for SG, which would be about Castlevania obviously, but im not good at making articles, so..........crap.

Anyway get a load of this.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's an interesting question...

Who'd win in a no holds barred fight and why?

Nemesis T Type from Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

Or

Pyramid Head from Silent Hill 2?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's an interesting question...

Who'd win in a no holds barred fight and why?

Nemesis T Type from Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

Or

Pyramid Head from Silent Hill 2?
That's a trickier one than it first appears as Nemesis is a bioweapon while Pyramid Head is a metaphor. How does one compare a being to a concept? Pen (PH) or Sword (NTT)?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Back home now.

So satisfying to finally put this statue base back where it belongs, better than ever.

IMAG0451.jpg

IMAG0452.jpg

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
We're lookin a little more polished now...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
While I'm a bit late, happy 30th anniversary Metroid, while the past few years have been rough, I hope the next few will be much more promising.

So here's an interesting article I ran into: http://www.cracked.com/blog/why-blockbuster-movie-bubble-will-burst-in-2018/

I don't really care for Cracked these days, but I thought it would make for some nice discussion on how ridiculous the movie lineup for 2018 looks like (and how it may not be a good thing).
That's concerning, even in the best case scenario, a good chunk of these movies are going to get consumed by each other due to how the scheduling is lined up (hell, some big blockbusters come out on the same day as each other such as Tomb Raider and The Flash). I hope some of the movies I'm rooting for do well, but I wouldn't be surprised if this situation cuts into their success.

Also, since others have made a list, here's the movies I'm looking forward to:
Black Panther
Pacific Rim 2
Wreck-it Ralph 2 (maybe, still need to see the first)
Avengers
Toy Story 4 (maybe)
Animated Spider-man (maybe)
Jurassic World 2

New Pokémon Sun/Moon leak:

Some stuff directly corroborates other leaks.
I'll keep this on file, while I can't say I believe it since it'd be easy to make a dex leak that collaborates with all four of the relevant ones, we're not too far from getting new Pokémon revealed to us as Corocoro should leak within the next two days. So if this leak is real, it'll be easy to find the Pokemon revealed on it based on their typings and confirm its legitimacy (names will have to wait until the 12th since these are in English).

As for the list itself, I only skimmed it, but I will give them credit, the names seem to be pretty good and would fit into the typical naming scheme of the Pokemon. The Tapus even keep the animal thematic going with theirs (though admittedly, it's not the sound of the animal like Koko's).*

These were pointed out at another forum:
Koko=The sound a rooster makes
Pipi=Bovine
Poloka=Amphibian
Mano=Shark

Last edited:

That's interesting. It could very well be real.

If it is real, we're left with 22 unused type combinations (possibly even less, as I didn't even count the unspecified "various")
  1. Fire/Ice
  2. Electric/Rock
  3. Electric/Fighting
  4. Electric/Psychic
  5. Electric/Poison
  6. Bug/Normal
  7. Bug/Psychic
  8. Bug/Dragon
  9. Ice/Normal
  10. Ice/Poison
  11. Psychic/Poison
  12. Ghost/Normal
  13. Ghost/Rock
  14. Ghost/Fighting
  15. Poison/Steel
  16. Poison/Normal
  17. Poison/Rock
  18. Rock/Normal
  19. Fighting/Fairy
  20. Normal/Dark
  21. Normal/Steel
  22. Dark/Fairy

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

This was on 4chan last night, so it might originate from there as there was no dropbox for it before. Calling fake because I doubt is the only event legend in sun and Moon. The list feels off. Also if there are multiple starter evos, they need a type neutral name. Those are not really neutral.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I saw the 4chan pokemon leak yesterday

It looked like BS to me

It had Wimpod and Salandit as middle stages

That in itself was stupid

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Swindlewt sounds one letter of of SwindlewD. Fits with speculation that it's this gen's Lopunny.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I now have two Nidoqueens

and unlike my two Nidokings, the second Nidoqueen is actually better than the first

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's just a list? Dunno how credible that is.

I don't think there's much to dissect here. Just see if it matches up with future info.

EDIT: Also it says Pantherm is Fire, while I think we had heard that Litten's evolution is Fire/Dark?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If it's real, Possumime better end up fantastic.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's just a list? Dunno how credible that is.

I don't think there's much to dissect here. Just see if it matches up with future info.

EDIT: Also it says Pantherm is Fire, while I think we had heard that Litten's evolution is Fire/Dark?
I haven't heard anyone state anything solid about Litten's evolutions

Only people speculating, saying it could be fire/dark to go against the fear it's fire/fighting

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I haven't heard anyone state anything solid about Litten's evolutions

Only people speculating, saying it could be fire/dark to go against the fear it's fire/fighting
Err, Burruni?
Guys.
Looking in associated leaks on all the stuff.

"Rowlet's evo is Fukurou (Grass/Flying), Litten's evo is Tora (Fire/Dark), and Popplio's evo is Aniku (Water/Fairy)."

WE MAY BE MILDLY SAVED

It still contradicts some leak, it seems.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
if your talking about the recent dex leak it says fire/various
(which means its going on the multiple forms for final evo train)
Burruni's leak source states that Litten's evolution (Pantherm/Tora) is Fire/Dark, which plainly contradicts this dex leak.

I prefer to wait and watch, so it isn't a big deal for me; just pointing out an inconsistency.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Burruni's leak source states that Litten's evolution (Pantherm/Tora) is Fire/Dark, which plainly contradicts this dex leak.

I prefer to wait and watch, so it isn't a big deal for me; just pointing out an inconsistency.
Which of the leaks was Burruni using?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
According to the top comment on Pokejungle, here's the typings of the forms:

Moving said:
For those that aren't aware, the suppose "leaker" provided some more clarification, as follows. (Remember this information is NOT confirmed)

Robinroot: Grass/Flying, Grass, Grass/Ground, Grass/Electric

Beltigre: Fire/Dark, Fire, Fire/Ghost, Fire/Poison

Sirene: Water/Fairy, Water, Water/Fighting, Water/Psychic

Weruff: Rock/Dark, Rock/Fighting, Rock/Steel, Rock/Fairy

Porprise: Water/Ice, Water/Steel, Water/Fairy, Water/Dragon

Darline/Darwisker: the fabled breed cats. Normal/Anything.

Snohom/Snorror, Rugrilla, Delfin/Porprise, Fungkie/Hallucid, Cumbersum/Anenemie all got mentions in previous leaks as well.

Malshadow has some kind of type-shifting ability, but i don't know any more on that at this time.
They also mention that the Fire/Poison and Fire/Ghost forms are quadrupedal, and the starter forms are time and island based.

I'm more skeptical of this leak now.

That's interesting. It could very well be real.

If it is real, we're left with 22 unused type combinations (possibly even less, as I didn't even count the unspecified "various")
  1. Fire/Ice
  2. Electric/Rock
  3. Electric/Fighting
  4. Electric/Psychic
  5. Electric/Poison
  6. Bug/Normal
  7. Bug/Psychic
  8. Bug/Dragon
  9. Ice/Normal
  10. Ice/Poison
  11. Psychic/Poison
  12. Ghost/Normal
  13. Ghost/Rock
  14. Ghost/Fighting
  15. Poison/Steel
  16. Poison/Normal
  17. Poison/Rock
  18. Rock/Normal
  19. Fighting/Fairy
  20. Normal/Dark
  21. Normal/Steel
  22. Dark/Fairy
Assuming the Normal cat is real, we can probably take off Normal/Ice, Normal/Poison, Normal/Dark, and Normal/Steel as well since they'll likely be in the cat's egg group if it's Field. Normal/Rock and Normal/Ghost are also possible if Rockruff and Mimikyu are in that egg group or in another one it has access to. Normal/Bug would still be a question mark though as nothing we know of so far would likely be in the field egg group for it to get that typing.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

It doesn't contradict this text leak.
This leak which I quoted for typings stating that the third forms will be that type, at least, in default. Tora would be Beltigre, not Pantherm.
A number of leaks, including this listing, stand by the concept of "various" secondary typings because of "split evos" that take the same slot, akin to Wormadam and, in this leak, Wereruff.
Multiple leaks have said this type of thing happening; either one per island, or based upon if it's day/night, etc.
Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark, and Water/Fairy would be the... "defaults," so to speak.

Which of the leaks was Burruni using?
Yo how about tagging me.
And I don't remember. It was in one of the listings whenever digging into articles about the typing leak.

Edit: Searching around, the three names of Fukorou (or Fukuroh), Tora, and Aniku keep popping up together but not finding a clear source for the names themselves. Some claiming to be on the concept art images themselves?

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
idk about you, but I woudnt mind a Fire/Fighting Cat. I wanna see a cat Powerslam, Powerbomb, Suplex and Chokeslam its opponents

I dont see anything wrong with Fire/Fighting
Fire/Fighting as a type /alone/ is not what gets people worked up.

It's the idea of a fourth fire/fighting starter in five consecutive gens. ONLY Delphox not being that typing since Hoenn. 14 years ago.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
idk about you, but I woudnt mind a Fire/Fighting Cat. I wanna see a cat Powerslam, Powerbomb, Suplex and Chokeslam its opponents

I dont see anything wrong with Fire/Fighting
most people hate that were getting it a 4th time others have the petty reason that "its bipedal" because solgaleo totally isnt a quadraped or anything

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Fire/Fighting as a type /alone/ is not what gets people worked up.

It's the idea of a fourth fire/fighting starter in five consecutive gens. ONLY Delphox not being that typing since Hoenn. 14 years ago.
I would still love to see a Fire/Fighting cat
I have so many names in store for it if it is Like El Tigre pff but yeah, I guess Im the only one that doesn't mine Fire/Fighting starters

Last edited:

Chrono.

I haven't read the entire leak just to be safe

But I doubt it's real, Stealth__ posted it. LOL

No but, like Arcanir Arcanir said, let's just hold on to it until the next batch of Pokemon come in. Which should be next week.
Too bad we wouldn't see those things in a Pokemon game :ohwell:

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Also the new leak's implying Rockruff's evolutions type can change and not the evolution itself which contradicts the chinese leak iirc
No.
The leak stated that there'd be 4 secondary types, based upon which of the four islands you left it on.
All four variants, though, were the same base design with some alterations and all the forms would share the same name and slot in the dex.
Wormadam's situation again.

Edit:
I haven't read the entire leak just to be safe

But I doubt it's real, Stealth__ posted it. LOL

No but, like Arcanir Arcanir said, let's just hold on to it until the next batch of Pokemon come in. Which should be next week.

Too bad we wouldn't see those things in a Pokemon game :ohwell:
Actually, it'd be this friday iirc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom