• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
At least we can rely on the fans to give us something for Metroid's 30th...a really cool video running through Metroid's known timeline...

A fair warning for those who want to get into the series though, this video is quite obviously full of spoilers...

Chrono.

Speaking of Ash, I still have a hard time seeing Ash-Greninja actually appearing in Sun & Moon like the possible leaks are saying. Mostly because there's no sign of Syncro appearing (and Z-Moves isn't helping) and the fact that Ash Ketchum isn't canon to core Pokémon games (I still see the protagonist in Yellow Version as Red).

But who knows?
I think it'll be another case of Spiky eared Pichu.

Aka exclusive Mystery Gift Greninja.

Chrono.

I don't think so. Spiky was purely cosmetic, yet Ash-Greninja's also been outright SHOWN to become MUCH stronger than usual. Also, why the hell wouldn't they add something they hyped up for ages that involves the most popular XY Mon?
Upon some research I found out that it was a Pikachu-colored Pichu that was distributed on Mystery Gif and not spikyt.

Either way, I don't see what's stopping them from distributing Ash Greninja like this. For one thing, it's method of evolution was completely anime exclusive (the theory was that "synchro" was just a preview of a new mega evolution mechanic for Gen 7, but so far that theory seems dead in the water) and is very much linked to Ash.

As for stats, yeah they'll probably be higher than your average Greninja, but so what? Mystery Gift is accessible to nearly everyone with an internet connection. There's nothing truly stopping them from distributing it like this.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Upon some research I found out that it was a Pikachu-colored Pichu that was distributed on Mystery Gif and not spikyt.

Either way, I don't see what's stopping them from distributing Ash Greninja like this. For one thing, it's method of evolution was completely anime exclusive (the theory was that "synchro" was just a preview of a new mega evolution mechanic for Gen 7, but so far that theory seems dead in the water) and is very much linked to Ash.

As for stats, yeah they'll probably be higher than your average Greninja, but so what? Mystery Gift is accessible to nearly everyone with an internet connection. There's nothing truly stopping them from distributing it like this.
Let me get this straight. You think we're getting multiple starter evolutionary lines but not Ash Greninja despite what the Chinese leak says.
The anime had Giratina Origin before Platinum was announced, Zygarde Complete got teased at the end of a movie and appeared in the anime opening before being confirmed in SM, and ****ing Munchlax appeared in the Deoxys movie. The anime's only exclusive form was a Mismagius turning into a Rayquaza as an illusion. And Greninja turned out to be stupidly popular, so there's no reason to keep the new favourite's toys away from the actual game

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Maybe they could repeat Spikey Eared Pichu and use the new system to give it Pikachu's stats. Prefer they'd do something else but it's possible.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I could see greninja being studied. I'd also guess Serena and maybe Sawyer will go to save Ash for their respective reasons. I also see Ash's mons being stolen because it be a huge risk to leave them in the open. That group of people stopping Flare makes a lot of sense as well. I think Looker should should, but I don't know if it's likely atm. However if he does and Essentia shows up, that be really cool. I liked the storyline and it be cool to see it partially in the anime. I wonder what Alain would think of her.

As For squisshy, It does seem to lose, but they might have them fight later in the arc again. Who knows how likely it is though. The final battle will definitely be two part. 7-8 episodes is something I am guessing on as well. Six minimal. They will probably use Flare's arc to go up to Sun and Moon's release. With it ending with Ash unable to fight the elite league due to Malva being in Flare, if Ash wins the regular league, if not then nothing happens there. Then he'll learn of alola from someone and set sail for there. I see this finale ending with everyone fighting at once together as well. Team Rocket to most likely, so they can stop flare. Steven fighting again and showing up would also be cool as you said. He can inform Ash of Alola maybe.

We will know soon enough though. I am liking the set up for the conclusion of the anime. It looks pretty good.
Yeah, the Team Flare arc lasting until Sun and Moon's release is pretty likely. I have a feeling Malva is going to get arrested following the arc's conclusion once Diantha learns of her Team Flare ties, and Ash not fighting the elite four will probably come from Lumiose City having to recover after the Team Flare attack. As for Team Rocket, no doubt we'll see them fight against Flare. Would be perfect to see them get the Rocket trio revenge after losing to them earlier.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The problem I see with Ash-Greninja compared to other event Pokémon is that it has the name of an anime-only character in it.

Unless Ash appears in Sun & Moon, it'll just feel weird.

Chrono.

Let me get this straight. You think we're getting multiple starter evolutionary lines but not Ash Greninja despite what the Chinese leak says.
The anime had Giratina Origin before Platinum was announced, Zygarde Complete got teased at the end of a movie and appeared in the anime opening before being confirmed in SM, and ****ing Munchlax appeared in the Deoxys movie. The anime's only exclusive form was a Mismagius turning into a Rayquaza as an illusion. And Greninja turned out to be stupidly popular, so there's no reason to keep the new favourite's toys away from the actual game
No no no.

I'm saying it's possible we could get it through Mystery Gift.

It's also possible it's in the game properly.

I'm just saying it wouldn't shock me if it were event exclusive.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
No no no.

I'm saying it's possible we could get it through Mystery Gift.

It's also possible it's in the game properly.

I'm just saying it wouldn't shock me if it were event exclusive.
My bad. Though I'd still feel ripped off if it was just a MG
The problem I see with Ash-Greninja compared to other event Pokémon is that it has the name of an anime-only character in it.

I mean, that Alain guy from the Mega Evolution specials is mentioned in ORAS, so technically Ash DOES exist somewhere out there

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Have you ever seen a boxer as a playable character archetype in an RPG before? Besides boxers in monster collecting games. I'm wondering.

That's always been an idea I wanted to try out because it feels like a refreshing character type to see in an RPG.

I am kind of planning on making a JRPG on my own after playing Undertale, Chrono Trigger, and MOTHER 3.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Have you ever seen a boxer as a playable character archetype in an RPG before? Besides boxers in monster collecting games. I'm wondering.

That's always been an idea I wanted to try out because it feels like a refreshing character type to see in an RPG.

I am kind of planning on making a JRPG on my own after playing Undertale, Chrono Trigger, and MOTHER 3.
I have. Boxer RPG on Steam. Some RPG Maker game iirc

Chrono.

http://www.pokemonuranium.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1316

Pokemon Uranium apparently is 100% done.

Akihiko from Persona 3 kinda counts?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Could be a mystery gift labeled greninja, or they could say it's based on the anime's Ash Greninja. Stats might be slightly better, but that be it. Who knows. What looks like Ash is in the Tiger's Concept art so we might see him in game.

http://www.pokemonuranium.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1316

Pokemon Uranium apparently is 100% done.

Akihiko from Persona 3 kinda counts?
Was so hyped when they announced it released today! It's changes are awesome and while you have to start over, you can transfer your pokemon and get a special gift for doing so. The new designs are awesome for both cities and mons. Arbok's form is pretty cool:
Screenshot (172).png

Wish it were a real form.

Time to throw away its demo then. This is great new! :b:

Now if only Pokémon Sage get to its final version...
I wouldn't delete it, you can transfer over your own pokemon and get a special mystery gift dragon and fairy that can't be caught till much later in the game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Could be a mystery gift labeled greninja, or they could say it's based on the anime's Ash Greninja. Stats might be slightly better, but that be it. Who knows. What looks like Ash is in the Tiger's Concept art so we might see him in game.

Was so hyped when they announced it released today! It's changes are awesome and while you have to start over, you can transfer your pokemon and get a special gift for doing so. The new designs are awesome for both cities and mons. Arbok's form is pretty cool:
View attachment 114157

Wish it were a real form.

I wouldn't delete it, you can transfer over your own pokemon and get a special mystery gift dragon and fairy that can't be caught till much later in the game.
Or maybe Ash is going to get a Litten

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Happy Birthday Metroid! I don't know you a lot, but I heard you're cool guy, even if you can't crawl.
I have a question for SU fans. Is this genuinely how THAT side of the fandom reacted?

I ****ing KNEW that artstyle looked familiar
Wait... Some people reacted like that? What the hell is wrong with them? As far as I'm aware, not a lot of people reacted like that, but you might want to consult someone else than me for better information.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Last edited:

Chrono.

After seeing these, I'm starting to get why location testers hated Capcom All Stars.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Oh yeah I almost forgot about Metroid's 30th anniversary. Metroid is my favorite video game protagonist next to Zelda of course.

:troll:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Naming pokemon is pretty fun sometimes...I tend to like to name a lot of pokemon after various elements from other games...and of course I have no shortage of Metroid related names...
:132:-Gandrayda
:248:-Kraid
:212:-Trace
:193:/Yanmega-Chykka
:168:/Galvantula-Yakuza
:142:/Noivern-Ridley
:126:-Norfair
:051:-Amorbis
:015:-Kihunter
Metagross-Quadraxis
Jellicent-Phantoon
Krookodile-Crocomire
Gigalith-Spire
Froslass-Phendrana

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh yeah I almost forgot about Metroid's 30th anniversary. Metroid is my favorite video game protagonist next to Zelda of course.

:troll:
What about Kid Icarus? He seems like a pretty cool guy.

D

Deleted member

Not exactly boxers as I don't think that the actual fighting style matters much, but Godhands from 7th Dragon Code III rely on using weaker skills first to be able to use their stronger ones, sort of like landing a combo on monsters
Also, Cestus in Etrian Odyssey V go play it nerd use "Gauntlets" as weapons and rely on proccing others skills to land chains of combos

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
After seeing these, I'm starting to get why location testers hated Capcom All Stars.

Back in the days when special attacks were semi-dlc locked away in code books and help lines.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
What about Kid Icarus? He seems like a pretty cool guy.

Kid Icarus is okay though he's not on the same level as Metroid the robot and Zelda the elf.

I can say the same thing about Pikmin the ****** as well.

D

Deleted member

I don't know about you, but one of my favorite weapons in gaming is the Xenoblade.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Metroid Anniversary.

Metroid 1 is almost unplayable to me because of the controls.
Metroid 2 is one of the worst cases of screen crunch I've ever seen.
Super Metroid is pretty Super.
I like Zero Mission More.
Fusion was pretty sweet but had some issues that just about everyone plays it shares.
I like Other M.
I won't be getting Fed. Forces.

Prime 1 was okay but I really didn't like the controls.
Prime 2 is bad.
Prime 3 is better but still worse than 1.
Hunters I only played the demo of.

LATER Y'ALL, SEE YA IN 5 YEARS WHEN METROID GETS NOTHING GOOD AGAIN.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So uh, yeah.

I just had one of the most amazing days of my life. It's midnight and I have to get up in four hours. That will be fun.

I will try to make a full write-up on my time there some time this week, maybe a video even. But for, now I will just post...

My Summer of Sonic haul:

IMAG0443.jpg

And the items I brought that I managed to get signed.

IMAG0444.jpg

Now to figure out how to get it all home...

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Metroid Anniversary.

Metroid 1 is almost unplayable to me because of the controls.
Metroid 2 is one of the worst cases of screen crunch I've ever seen.
Super Metroid is pretty Super.
I like Zero Mission More.
Fusion was pretty sweet but had some issues that just about everyone plays it shares.
I like Other M.
I won't be getting Fed. Forces.

Prime 1 was okay but I really didn't like the controls.
Prime 2 is bad.
Prime 3 is better but still worse than 1.
Hunters I only played the demo of.

LATER Y'ALL, SEE YA IN 5 YEARS WHEN METROID GETS NOTHING GOOD AGAIN.
BTW, Prime Trilogy's controls are much better than the Gamecube ones. Closest console games get to the holy power of glorious mouse and keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom