• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So which Metroid game do you guys think is the strongest? It's one of the Nintendo series I haven't really played yet, but I'd like to give it a shot. I played the very first one before, but I didn't like it too much :ohwell:
What would you guys recommend?
I personally think Metroid Prime and Super Metroid are two of the greatest games of all time, with Prime being one of the best transitions to 3d I can think of.

Personally though, If I had to recommend a first game for a new player, it would be Zero Mission. It's a remake of the first game but with an actual map so it's a lot easier and it's pretty simple compared to Super. It's also available in the Wii U eshop everywhere as far as I know. After that I would head to Super and then Prime.
:samus:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Metroid Prime is my personal favourite game (in general not just in Metroid), but Super Metroid is also a really solid title even by today's standards, and probably the best choice if you want to get started with the series...I'd recommend both though :p

Metroid NES is a bit unforgiving if you haven't played it (or any other Metroid game) before...
I personally think Metroid Prime and Super Metroid are two of the greatest games of all time, with Prime being one of the best transitions to 3d I can think of.

Personally though, If I had to recommend a first game for a new player, it would be Zero Mission. It's a remake of the first game but with an actual map so it's a lot easier and it's pretty simple compared to Super. It's also available in the Wii U eshop everywhere as far as I know. After that I would head to Super and then Prime.
:samus:
Thanks for the recommendations! I do own a Gamecube, so I might get Prime sometime.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So which Metroid game do you guys think is the strongest? It's one of the Nintendo series I haven't really played yet, but I'd like to give it a shot. I played the very first one before, but I didn't like it too much :ohwell:
Personally I like both GBA games and the first Prime game. You also can't go wrong with Super Metroid.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
To join in on the bandwagon regardless of lateness or time zone discrepancy, Happy Birthday Ura Ura Have a wonderful day! Aetheri Aetheri .
Happy Birthday Ura Ura !
Happy launch date, Ura Ura !

*wheels out giant cake*

Wait for iiiiit. . .

*cake explodes, covering everyone around it in a layer of frosting and confetti

Isaac and Andy are where the cake used to be, also covered in frosting and looking a bit startled*

. . .Too much poof?

*hands Adept-themed towels to everyone to wipe themselves off and goes to fetch a slightly smaller cake for everyone to actually eat from*

Also there's a bowl of Nuts on the table if you need them.
Well apart from the millions of typos and awkward as **** grammar...thanks!

Also since I haven't said it before Happy B-Day Ura Ura ...:bluejump:
Thanks guys! Really appreciate it.
Happy launch date, Ura Ura !

*wheels out giant cake*

Wait for iiiiit. . .

*cake explodes, covering everyone around it in a layer of frosting and confetti

Isaac and Andy are where the cake used to be, also covered in frosting and looking a bit startled*

. . .Too much poof?

*hands Adept-themed towels to everyone to wipe themselves off and goes to fetch a slightly smaller cake for everyone to actually eat from*

Also there's a bowl of Nuts on the table if you need them.
Foreshadowing much? I hope so. Hopefully this doesn't mean their reveal trailers will be coming out of cakes but you know what I mean lol.

And the launch date comment. :estatic:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
okay guys we have to go back to talking about pokemon because i just had a major thought go into my head

"if a ninetales lays an egg in kalos but it hatches in alola will the resulting vulpix be fire or ice?"

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
okay guys we have to go back to talking about pokemon because i just had a major thought go into my head

"if a ninetales lays an egg in kalos but it hatches in alola will the resulting vulpix be fire or ice?"
Depends on the Ninetales?

Alolan Ninetales produces Alolan Vulpix and Kanto Ninetales would produce a Kanto Vulpix that would slowly adapt to the Alolan climate.
But it wouldn't auto-hatch an Alolan Vulpix.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So...how many of you guys are hoping for an NX reveal date drop at Gamescom? A console reveal there seems unlikely but I think they can at least drop a date when the NX is finally going to be shown off right? Or at least the month in which it's going to be revealed?

So...how many of you guys are hoping for an NX reveal date drop at Gamescom? A console reveal there seems unlikely but I think they can at least drop a date when the NX is finally going to be shown off right? Or at least the month in which it's going to be revealed?
I do. I'm tired of these constant rumors.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Definitely Zero Mission. It's the easiest to control, not terribly difficult, and gives you plenty of freedom which to me is one of the most important parts of a Metroid game. Fusion lacks this freedom and bosses are really hard... The Primes are either clunky and weird or lack almost any freedom depending on the version, and OM is, well, a decent action game with a pretty meh story. Super is my favorite but it's not easy to get into with how clunky it is.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
can now confirm the anime is going down the more predictable route
I wouldn't say this is predictable, but it's much better then the other list imo.
Some thoughts:

They kidnap Ash! That's pretty surprising. I like the idea of it though. This allows the others to get development. I'm curious as to how long he will be captive. Someone also pointed out that maybe Ash being captured proves Ash wins the leagues. This way they get they biggest threat out of the way as he beat their best member. I wonder what will happen then? This is only the start of the arc and gets nothing done, so I expect a few more episodes focused on it.

Second one: So everyone splits up. Who's everyone? There is only Bonnie, Serena and Clemont in the group. Perhaps blaziken man, dianthia, sycamore, and the rivals show up? It be reasonable to have them all aid the fight, which should make for a good arc imo.

Lastly, Clemont fights Xerosic, that's pretty hype. We haven't seen him fight often, so going up against a top flare member should be interesting. Should be a good fight.

I expect 3 more episodes in this arc. One where Serena does something, one where Ash is freed, and then the final battle. Although I think 6 more episodes is possible.

Another rematch with Alain, where Ash still wins, or is losing, when something happens to Mallon, and Alain realizes his mistakes. Another with a full zygarde battle, or where the group fights off the remain members, and then a final episode where Ash takes on Lysandre either at the tower, or the labs.

This should be the first time the anime does a evil team arc quite well. Plasma's was bad, Galatic's had untapped potential, and Hoenn's wasn't to bad. But this looks like a pretty good arc and I'm glad the build up is going somewhere.

Well, you heard the man. Do it.
Does this mean Woody and....

Only if Woody and Buzz join them...:troll:
Dang it! beaten to it!

But I would love a different Mario and sonic Crossover. NX title maybe?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I wouldn't say this is predictable, but it's much better then the other list imo.
Some thoughts:

They kidnap Ash! That's pretty surprising. I like the idea of it though. This allows the others to get development. I'm curious as to how long he will be captive. Someone also pointed out that maybe Ash being captured proves Ash wins the leagues. This way they get they biggest threat out of the way as he beat their best member. I wonder what will happen then? This is only the start of the arc and gets nothing done, so I expect a few more episodes focused on it.

Second one: So everyone splits up. Who's everyone? There is only Bonnie, Serena and Clemont in the group. Perhaps blaziken man, dianthia, sycamore, and the rivals show up? It be reasonable to have them all aid the fight, which should make for a good arc imo.

Lastly, Clemont fights Xerosic, that's pretty hype. We haven't seen him fight often, so going up against a top flare member should be interesting. Should be a good fight.

I expect 3 more episodes in this arc. One where Serena does something, one where Ash is freed, and then the final battle. Although I think 6 more episodes is possible.

Another rematch with Alain, where Ash still wins, or is losing, when something happens to Mallon, and Alain realizes his mistakes. Another with a full zygarde battle, or where the group fights off the remain members, and then a final episode where Ash takes on Lysandre either at the tower, or the labs.

This should be the first time the anime does a evil team arc quite well. Plasma's was bad, Galatic's had untapped potential, and Hoenn's wasn't to bad. But this looks like a pretty good arc and I'm glad the build up is going somewhere.

Does this mean Woody and....

Dang it! beaten to it!

But I would love a different Mario and sonic Crossover. NX title maybe?
:4sonic:You're too slow!!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well mate, get prepared to be torn apart by the rabid Nisekoi and Monster Musume fans. I get that he's trying to defend the criticism against Black Clover (especially with the flack's it's been getting for a year), but bashing two manga from a genre he dislikes is no better either.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Well mate, get prepared to be torn apart by the rabid Nisekoi and Monster Musume fans. I get that he's trying to defend the criticism against Black Clover (especially with the flack's it's been getting for a year), but bashing two manga from a genre he dislikes is no better either.
The word before 'like' gets removed by the auto-censoring. Juuuust warning ya

D

Deleted member

Since the Rio Opening Cerimony, I have seen a lot of tweets like this around lol
Don't be like this
And now, naturally, there are people making memes out of this tweet

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well, you heard the man. Do it.
I think I'd like a lot of Sonic crossover action games, to be honest.

Sonic and Mega Man has that thought of Worlds Collide in the back of everyone's heads, and as much as no one else on the planet is going to think of or want this the writing for a Sonic and Kid Icarus crossover would probably be beyond hilarious.

. . .Actually, you know what? As much as it's never going to happen, just give me a new story mode in Smash with some actual character conversations between the ones that can talk and level designs that take inspiration from every platformer series involved. There's obviously a few gimmicks in each that won't work for everyone, but a momentum-based section here, a timing-based section there, a vertical platforming section that doesn't auto-scroll on you in one spot and some free exploration in another? You can borrow the feel of any series you want if you try hard enough.

But really, the more crossovers the merrier. Doesn't Nintendo x Capcom have some blessings behind it from someone as well?

I have no idea how people beat Metroid without Restore Points. Taking 4 years to grind HP and one hit means you need to farm 4 more times.

Kraid is hard as hell too. Only beat him by frezinf half his projectiles and then just getting myself stuck on one and crammin all of my missiles down his throat.

And I cant get the energy tank in the room because lava jumping is so weird -_-
:061:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So today's the day Metroid crawls into its 30th anniversary, eh?

Happy anniversary and I wish the best of luck on Federation Force.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I have no idea how people beat Metroid without Restore Points. Taking 4 years to grind HP and one hit means you need to farm 4 more times.

Kraid is hard as hell too. Only beat him by frezinf half his projectiles and then just getting myself stuck on one and crammin all of my missiles down his throat.

And I cant get the energy tank in the room because lava jumping is so weird -_-
Did you figure out how to get the Varia suit yet?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Some thoughts:

I like the idea of Ash being captured because he wins the League. It'd be a good move on Team Flare's part so that they can proceed with their goals without having to worry about something that could defeat their members like Ash-Greninja. Perhaps they even take all of Ash's Pokemon once he is imprisoned, or maybe they even take his Greninja for experimentation to further study it's special form? Perhaps they might put an Amourshipping hint there where we see Serena freak out upon seeing Ash get taken away while her friends have to hold her back because the situation has become too grave to save Ash at the moment? Now that would be pretty dramatic!

As for the second one, I'm willing to bet the expanded group, in addition to the remaining members of Ash's gang, will involve Blaziken Mask, Diantha, Sycamore, and Steven. Steven's helicopter was present in the updated XY&Z opening along with Diantha's, so I'm willing to bet he's going to appear and help the group as well. I haven't thoughts about the XY rival trio showing up to help, but I guess that's another good possibility considering they do help out in the games, especially Shauna during the final moments. Perhaps even Looker will aid our heroes as well. It seems like the "Bonnie episode" of the Team Flare arc will be that second episode due to the focus on Squishie, but since it's going to be captured, it's seems like Bonnie's situation will end in a loss.

Going back to the idea of Looker, what if it's Essentia that ends up capturing Ash? I think that'd be a great way to set the scene for Looker's potential involvement, but I'm ready for the possibility Essentia won't make a single appearance at all.

I'd say the final battle will probably be a two-parter. A situation seems like something that wouldn't necessarily fit in one episode. I think the arc will last 7-8 episodes at the very least. Perhaps the Alain rematch/Alain realizing the error of his ways will happen in the same episode Ash is freed, while the Zygarde battle, the battle against the other members, and Ash vs Lysandre might make up a two-part finale.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I loved Season 1 of the Anime more than any other season. Maybe nostalgia had something to do with it given that's when I first started watching PKMN in 1999 but I can still go back and enjoy those episodes. The dynamic of the original trio is something that was never replicated in later seasons and the art style from the first 5 seasons has this charm that I can't really explain. The Original Series is really the only series in the Pokemon Anime that I actually enjoyed. AG and DP were meh and BW is a massive turn off. Never watched XY.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh god. That's too kind. Imagine you just dealt with a bad breakup, then you go here. They say Nintendo is family friendly for a reason. Sadly this probably wouldn't happen if it was in other countries with higher crime rates

So i wasn't able to beat the OG metroid today like ihoped because of work, but oh well.

I did beat Kraid and get the Varia suit at least. That's someting I guess.

Now i just need to get through Norfair and Tourian

Side note, lag in an old game is weird to me.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Oh god. That's too kind. Imagine you just dealt with a bad breakup, then you go here. They say Nintendo is family friendly for a reason. Sadly this probably wouldn't happen if it was in other countries with higher crime rates
This is like Chandeelure Chandeelure 's heaven.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Chandeelure Chandeelure

But really, this is incredibly cute. I wish even more now that they'd have a place like this in my country.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So I saw Suicide Squad.

Maybe it's because my expectations were low, but I actually legitimately enjoyed it. It wasn't perfect, but I had a good time.

That is just plain adorable.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
That Waddle Dee is alone!

Out of my way!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I like the idea of Ash being captured because he wins the League. It'd be a good move on Team Flare's part so that they can proceed with their goals without having to worry about something that could defeat their members like Ash-Greninja. Perhaps they even take all of Ash's Pokemon once he is imprisoned, or maybe they even take his Greninja for experimentation to further study it's special form? Perhaps they might put an Amourshipping hint there where we see Serena freak out upon seeing Ash get taken away while her friends have to hold her back because the situation has become too grave to save Ash at the moment? Now that would be pretty dramatic!

As for the second one, I'm willing to bet the expanded group, in addition to the remaining members of Ash's gang, will involve Blaziken Mask, Diantha, Sycamore, and Steven. Steven's helicopter was present in the updated XY&Z opening along with Diantha's, so I'm willing to bet he's going to appear and help the group as well. I haven't thoughts about the XY rival trio showing up to help, but I guess that's another good possibility considering they do help out in the games, especially Shauna during the final moments. Perhaps even Looker will aid our heroes as well. It seems like the "Bonnie episode" of the Team Flare arc will be that second episode due to the focus on Squishie, but since it's going to be captured, it's seems like Bonnie's situation will end in a loss.

Going back to the idea of Looker, what if it's Essentia that ends up capturing Ash? I think that'd be a great way to set the scene for Looker's potential involvement, but I'm ready for the possibility Essentia won't make a single appearance at all.

I'd say the final battle will probably be a two-parter. A situation seems like something that wouldn't necessarily fit in one episode. I think the arc will last 7-8 episodes at the very least. Perhaps the Alain rematch/Alain realizing the error of his ways will happen in the same episode Ash is freed, while the Zygarde battle, the battle against the other members, and Ash vs Lysandre might make up a two-part finale.
I could see greninja being studied. I'd also guess Serena and maybe Sawyer will go to save Ash for their respective reasons. I also see Ash's mons being stolen because it be a huge risk to leave them in the open. That group of people stopping Flare makes a lot of sense as well. I think Looker should should, but I don't know if it's likely atm. However if he does and Essentia shows up, that be really cool. I liked the storyline and it be cool to see it partially in the anime. I wonder what Alain would think of her.

As For squisshy, It does seem to lose, but they might have them fight later in the arc again. Who knows how likely it is though. The final battle will definitely be two part. 7-8 episodes is something I am guessing on as well. Six minimal. They will probably use Flare's arc to go up to Sun and Moon's release. With it ending with Ash unable to fight the elite league due to Malva being in Flare, if Ash wins the regular league, if not then nothing happens there. Then he'll learn of alola from someone and set sail for there. I see this finale ending with everyone fighting at once together as well. Team Rocket to most likely, so they can stop flare. Steven fighting again and showing up would also be cool as you said. He can inform Ash of Alola maybe.

We will know soon enough though. I am liking the set up for the conclusion of the anime. It looks pretty good.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Imagine all the people who go to Kriby Cafe and ditch their partners so they can sit across Waddle Dee.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Speaking of Ash, I still have a hard time seeing Ash-Greninja actually appearing in Sun & Moon like the possible leaks are saying. Mostly because there's no sign of Syncro appearing (and Z-Moves isn't helping) and the fact that Ash Ketchum isn't canon to core Pokémon games (I still see the protagonist in Yellow Version as Red).

But who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom