• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So im gonna make a question that nobody will answer me.

If you had to put a Castlevania character in Smash, who do you think is the best choice from an "iconic" standpoint? (as in, who is the most recognizable and important character in the series)

Like for example, Cloud is the most well known FF protagonist, up to the point that fans put him alongside Link when it comes to famous gaming Swordsmen, or how Classic Mega Man is the most iconic character of the Mega Man franchise and the one people remember the most.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
One of Overwatch skins is the Stunt Rider 76 skin because:
1. His color schemes look good on him

and more importantly

2. HE HAS A FREAKING BIKER HELMENT, THAT ALONE (Along with the blue/black colors) MAKES THE SKIN MORE ENJOYABLE FOR ME!

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

If you had to put a Castlevania character in Smash, who do you think is the best choice from "logical" standpoint? (as in, who is the most recognizable and important character in the series)
I haven't played a single Castlevania game, but even I can tell you it's Simon Belmont.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

If you had to put a Castlevania character in Smash, who do you think is the best choice from "logical" standpoint? (as in, who is the most recognizable and important character in the series)
I myself would say someone from the Belmont family like Simon - since he's been part of the series since the early days and even appeared alongside fellow NES heroes in shows like Captain N. At least that's who I'd want it to be.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
now of course when you say bad redesigns i think of 2 characters in particular
tiny kong

and tana bandicoot

Ivander

Smash Legend

If you had to put a Castlevania character in Smash, who do you think is the best choice from an "iconic" standpoint? (as in, who is the most recognizable and important character in the series)

Like for example, Cloud is the most well known FF protagonist, up to the point that fans put him alongside Link when it comes to famous gaming Swordsmen, or how Classic Mega Man is the most iconic character of the Mega Man franchise and the one people remember the most.
Simon can easily fit the iconic standpoint. After all, he's been in at least 9-10 Castlevania games and a few crossovers. Also, he's the traditional Belmont and the Belmont name by itself is iconic, so if they chose anybody from the Belmont Family to represent, it would be him. Alucard would easily be 2nd though.

Last edited:

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman

Honestly, I'd say the big man himself, Count Vlad Tepes Dracula. Hear me out: as far as I know, he's the only character to appear in some form in every Castlevania game, and was playable in Judgement. Simon would be great too, but I'm biased towards playable villains, plus it would serve as a good counterpoint to all the third party heroes.

D

Deleted member

Simon Belmont is the original and arguably the most recognizable protagonist, Alucard starred in the game that pioneered the Metroidvania genre (Symphony of the Night), Gabriel Belmont starred in the best-selling Castlevania game of all time (Lords of Shadow), and Dracula is the recurring main antagonist throughout most of the series.

All four of the aforementioned characters have their merits, but I think Simon has the other three beat from an iconic standpoint.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Obviously it'd be Simon but all the Belmont's look pretty similar so putting different Belmont's as alternate colors/costumes would be incredible. You know Bowser Jr. Style.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Simon Belmont is easily the most iconic and popular character from the Castlevania series...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Simon Belmont is the original and arguably the most recognizable protagonist, Alucard starred in the game that pioneered the Metroidvania genre (Symphony of the Night), Gabriel Belmont starred in the best-selling Castlevania game of all time (Lords of Shadow), and Dracula is the recurring main antagonist throughout most of the series.

All four of the aforementioned characters have their merits, but I think Simon has them all beat from an iconic standpoint.
Symphony of the night was the best

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Simon Belmont.

Alucard is a close second but still second.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well; I feel so much better now after reading up about how this one guy who got a copy of No Man's Sky from Walmart in Ohio actually played the game and didn't find many issues with it. The reason why I was upset about it earlier in the day yesterday was because the guy who got a copy for $1,200 on Ebay (money well spent, huh?) said that there were many issues (game crashing alot, all planets having at least some sort of animal life instead of mostly barren as intended, etc.). However, some later theorized that he had gotten a demo copy or a flawed copy (which lets be honest seems to getting truer by the minute) and the other guy got a perfect copy of the game. Something's fishy here... maybe he was a liar in some form about things?

EDIT: I could very well be wrong on the guy who brought the copy off Ebay, but let's just wait and see.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Man, this is giving me Wii flashbacks.
Exploits are becoming the norm not just in games, but in the OS itself now for the 3DS. At least it's another exploit that won't have another game taken down.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone at the park today was talking about a place where Squirtles apparently spawn like crazy

So I'm going to check it out tomorrow

Okay new question:

-According to you, What is the worse visual redesign of a video game character that you have ever seen?
Either Spyro (he looks so ugly nowadays) or Tiny Tiger (they changed both his appearance and personality, he can't really be considered the same character anymore).

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That is a terrible redesign, but for me Grant Danasty from Judgement takes the cake.

At least i can look at Young Conker, even if he looks ugly as ****.

But Grant in Judgement, how do you go from a pirate-looking character to...........whatever his design in Judgement is.
To be honest, most of the Judgement redesigns were mediocre. I can get that the character design is done by Death Note's artist, but that doesn't excuse why the characters look like rejects from that manga. At least the Pokemon GO designs were more original and didn't resemble preexisting Fire Emblem characters (well except for Spark).

Simon is Light Yagami in BDSM gear, Maria is a Loki version of Misa Amane, the Grant above us just L as a zombie pirate, Death became a rejected Shinigami design, and so on. For me, Judgement is easily one of the worst Castlevania games in existent with a broken system for a fighter.

Chrono.

Well at least he can be best pals with Nuts & Bolts Banjo. The two were clearly made to be BFF's, best Best ****-ups Forever.

Honestly I don't think these were that bad. At least you can still tell it's them.

Though I'm the guy who likes Crash's Titans-era design.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Nuts and Bolts Banjo and Kazooie looked fine.

Honestly, I prefer it to their original design. Has more personality.

I'm surprised no one brought up the Sonic Boom redesigns.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Interesting....
I don't like it. :p

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Today is my birthday!

I feel 2016 wasn't exciting as I was expecting from Nintendo I really hope that Nintendo give us something very very exciting in 2017 just like they did in 2014

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There was a problem fetching the tweet
This guy apparently is involved with PR for the Pokemon Company. When's the news again?
42 minutes from now! If he is the PR, then I hope this is really good. Looking forward to it! Hoping for some evolutions to old mons.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I thought it was in one and a half hours. Where can I find it anyway? Just mash F5 on Pokemon's youtube channel?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I thought it was in one and a half hours. Where can I find it anyway? Just mash F5 on Pokemon's youtube channel?
Yes.

****. I'll be at the hospital for a while then
Hope your alright if you have to go there. And it will be uploaded as a video, so if you want to go unspoiled, you can just have the youtube pulled up on your phone and refresh when you are able to watch it.

Unless I messed up with timezone converter (again), it should be in little over one and a half hours.

But it's probably best to check the channel in about half an hour, just in case.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Unless I messed up with timezone converter (again), it should be in little over one and a half hours.

But it's probably best to check the channel in about half an hour, just in case.
Correct, I just went and checked now. I thought they had it the same times as the last reveals which were at 8am.

So an 1hr and a half left!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Antoehr 15 minutes or so. Gonna be mashing F5 on serebii and Pokemon's youtube.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's the english one

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Biggest change seems to be that instead of 8 Gym Leaders, there are 4 trial masters and 4 Kahunas.

Still not sure how I feel about Executor. It's either awesome or stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom