• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Isn't mariotehplumber the guy who ordered a bunch of amiibo of characters he hated to annoy people who liked those characters? Or am I mixing him up with someone else.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I've heard some stories about Mariotehplumber, but i've never watched his channel. Who is he and what is he like?
You're better off not knowing.

Isn't mariotehplumber the guy who ordered a bunch of amiibo of characters he hated to annoy people who liked those characters? Or am I mixing him up with someone else.
You're correct, he did do that amiibo nonsense.

:094:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Uh... I'm getting mariotehplumber flashbacks.
There is a difference between calling a character from a Mario game hentai bait (when her default outfit is literally one of the most modest pieces of female clothing out there too) and proceeding to buy hundreds of toys of her so fans can't have them, and calling the crossover fighting game version (that part's important) of a now particularly sexualised female protagonist hentai bait, who has animations like this:

Like it's not even subtle.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Scratch that, Dolphin still crashing. :glare:
I guess that at least it isn't giving you a Blue Screen of Death, that happened to me even if most of the time it had ran smoothly, with the exception of some games and certain levels they had, like Sand Ocean from FZero GX and Hyrule Field in TP (Horrible amount of lag).

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
If anything Samus had the worst redesign in Other M

Not the armor which was fine but too shiny and Smash 4 made it look better :4samus:

But I'm more talking about the Zero Suit Samus aka the one where she looks like a create a character for Dead or Alive (but with a much smaller chest compared to the female cast) but that facial look for Samus, the body tone of that less athletic feel and those heels ruin that design so much

You can tell how much that design was truly bad
Samus's Zero suit in Other M...I mean she could've looked better, which she does in Smash...What I don't like is how short she is. She gains a foot in height when she's in her Power suit which makes so sense...I have one little pet peeve with Other M how the characters around Samus seem to make her smaller, both literally and figuratively...
Don't like the idea of her having heels as part of her Zero suit, in Smash they appear to be more of an attachment than actually part of her suit, though as 'Rocket boots' they could've turned out better...
In fact I'm not really a fan of any footwear being part of Samus's Zero suit considering it's supposed to be nothing more than 'what's under the suit'...How many people wear boots over boots? It's uncomfortable and impractical...

I sort of think of her Zero-suit more as long underwear than anything, like what you see Hockey Players and Football players wear underneath all of their equipment...they either wear socks or nothing underneath their cleats or skates...
Sometimes I see fan made redesigns showing her Zero-suit being more bulky and armoured as if it were made for combat, but that's not the point of her Zero-suit either...She's supposed to be very poorly equipped if she's in her Zero suit because her Varia suit is what she uses to take on her missions...

I am actually working on my own redesigns for Samus including her Zero-suit and I felt it's better if she were barefoot...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Do you even have to ask?

It's already been said, but the Bomberman design in Act Zero.

At least with something like Boom Sonic or even Young Conker, you can still recognize that it's them.

But how do you go from this.

To this?

Fun fact: Microsoft, Rare and Xbox big heads (Phil Spencer included) hated Young Conker and wasn't made by any of them but was kinda outsourced
I'm curious where this comes from, do you have a link?

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There is a difference between calling a character from a Mario game hentai bait (when her default outfit is literally one of the most modest pieces of female clothing out there too) and proceeding to buy hundreds of toys of her so fans can't have them, and calling the crossover fighting game version (that part's important) of a now particularly sexualised female protagonist hentai bait, who has animations like this:

Like it's not even subtle.
I don't mean to be rude or anything but I really seriously can't tell if your joking or not...

Burruni

Smash Hero

At least with something like Boom Sonic or even Young Conker, you can still recognize that it's them.

To this?

Same way as Bad Box Art Megaman.
Try to modernize the NES box art design.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

To this?

O_O HOLY GEEZUS, is that REALLY Bomberman...? Like...what where they even thinking when making that? It's like they got him fused with a Power Ranger robot/the new Mazinger Z or something and then added steroids to the mix...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
.........oh. :ohwell:
Well, from the sounds of it he does sound pretty bad. However, I'd still like to know what's up with him...but only a little bit, of course.
I mean it really isn't that big a deal anymore.

The gist of it is that he absolutely hates Rosalina because "she's a hentai character", and he bought hundreds of Rosalina amiibo to scalp and annoy her fans.

He did it for some other characters too, but Rosalina was the main one.

Before his days doing that, he was known for being a hardcore Classic Sonic fanboy. When Sonic 4 was coming out and he got his knickers in a twist over SEGA using Sonic's Modern design for the game, he boycotted the game by buying loads of digital copies of Sonic 1 in bulk, hoping it would send them the message to change the design.

Essentially, he's just a guy that hates characters for silly reasons and then encourages the creators of those characters to make more things featuring those characters by buying merch of those characters in bulk. While deluding himself into thinking he's hurting the character or their fanbase.

I don't mean to be rude or anything but I really seriously can't tell if your joking or not...
I don't really say what I do as a derrogatory thing.

I don't give two ****s about how Samus is portrayed because I don't care about the character that much.

I just think it's silly to complain about the Other M model for her being overly sexualised, and then use the Smash 4 model as being an "improvement" in that regard when it quite clearly isn't.

Smash 4 is a fan-service game, and that applies in more ways than one for some characters.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I mean it really isn't that big a deal anymore.

The gist of it is that he absolutely hates Rosalina because "she's a hentai character", and he bought hundreds of Rosalina amiibo to scalp and annoy her fans.

He did it for some other characters too, but Rosalina was the main one.

Before his days doing that, he was known for being a hardcore Classic Sonic fanboy. When Sonic 4 was coming out and he got his knickers in a twist over SEGA using Sonic's Modern design for the game, he boycotted the game by buying loads of digital copies of Sonic 1 in bulk, hoping it would send them the message to change the design.

Essentially, he's just a guy that hates characters for silly reasons and then encourages the creators of those characters to make more things featuring those character by buying merch of those characters in bulk. While deluding himself into thinking he's hurting the character or their fanbase.
..........oh.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Also.
On the subject of Samus being "Sexualized."
In some cases it's more jarring and overt than others.
But let's be entirely real.

The reward for doing the games more efficiently has been her taking off more of her armor to show the "bombshell" of a chozo-human underneath.
It's a semi-inherit part of the series and most of the time it's done tastefully and perfectly fine.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Also.

The reward for doing the games more efficiently has been her taking off more of her armor to show the "bombshell" of a chozo-human underneath.
It's a semi-inherit part of the series and most of the time it's done tastefully and perfectly fine.
I know that. Doesn't really change my point, it only really strengthens it.

Again, there is a difference between calling a character hentai bait when her "being sexy" has been a key character trait from the beginning (especially when Metroid is one of the closest things to being a Nintendo franchise aimed at older audiences), and a character from Mario who dresses in a maternity gown.

I don't call Smash 4 ZSS hentai bait as a derrogatory thing, but like, half of her animations are like something you'd only see from a female character in an ecchi anime.

I wonder what Mariotehplumber thinks about the Super Mario series Rosalina amiibo (or is that a bad question)?
If he still has the money, I guess he'll buy a couple hundred of those ones too.

I hope it isn't so rare like the Smash version though. I never understand why it was so rare.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
People are quick to anger.I dont even like pokemon go and i know all these features will be fixed in about a week or 2.My biggest problem involves the lack of 1v1 trainer battles/the battle system in general.Battling is a main part of pokemon but its feels like an after thought in Go. Tbh i probably wont even start playing the game more actively until we get johto mon but thats not gonna happen soon

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
People are quick to anger.I dont even like pokemon go and i know all these features will be fixed in about a week or 2.My biggest problem involves the lack of 1v1 trainer battles/the battle system in general.Battling is a main part of pokemon but its feels like an after thought in Go. Tbh i probably wont even start playing the game more actively until we get johto mon but thats not gonna happen soon
Do you have sources to confirm it will be fixed in a week or two?

Because the interview with the CEO indicated that removing the tracker was intentional, and the decision to go after unofficial replacements to that system only backs that up.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
ChikoLad ChikoLad So I decided to check out one of mariotehplumber's rant vids.....I quit within a few seconds....he has to be one of the worst youtubers out there.
He can sometimes be funny from an ironic standpoint.

I mean he's bad but I wouldn't call him one of the worst. He's largely inoffensive to me.

I reserve "worst Youtuber" titles for those that legitimately do REALLY stupid stuff, like Sam Pepper.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Also.

I get tired of hearing people complain about Samus being made to be oversexualized because its no worse than it was from the very beginning...I don't find a skin tight 'full' body suit more sexualizing than bikinis or underwear as we see in the first three Metroid games...

Sometimes I feel like people don't like the concept of a 'suitless Samus' in general, as if they like her suit more than the character that wears it...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Also FYI when I said I don't care about Samus as a character, it's only because I haven't played much Metroid yet.

My physical copy of the Prime trilogy has been collecting dust for years. I keep meaning to play it but there's always something in the way.

I did try Super Metroid since I got it on the Wii U VC as a part of a special offer. Seemed pretty good, but I found the controls a bit awkward.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
He can sometimes be funny from an ironic standpoint.

I mean he's bad but I wouldn't call him one of the worst. He's largely inoffensive to me.

I reserve "worst Youtuber" titles for those that legitimately do REALLY stupid stuff, like Sam Pepper.
....Sam Pepper is indeed horrendous. I also really hate Drama Alert.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Do you have sources to confirm it will be fixed in a week or two?

Because the interview with the CEO indicated that removing the tracker was intentional, and the decision to go after unofficial replacements to that system only backs that up.
Just my beliefs

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I get tired of hearing people complain about Samus being made to be oversexualized because its no worse than it was from the very beginning...I don't find a skin tight 'full' body suit more sexualizing than bikinis or underwear as we see in the first three Metroid games...

Sometimes I feel like people don't like the concept of a 'suitless Samus' in general, as if they like her suit more than the character that wears it...
Metroid is a pretty cool guy, fights aliens and doesn't afraid of anything. :troll:

But yeah, I can definitely see that concern, and I'd guess a lot of people probably are that way.

It's like how some people seem to care more about a character's representation of a series/gender/morality in Smash Bros than they do about the characters themselves, I guess.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently Blastoise has the second highest defense in Pokemon Go, and the highest of the currently available pokemon.

Also, I found out Nidoking gets earthquake so it's definitely worth trying to get another one

Burruni

Smash Hero

Correct me if I'm not wrong.
But....
Metroid 2 and Prime: Pinball are the only games that feature no suitless Samus, right?

Chrono.

To this?

Dat ass tho. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Also FYI when I said I don't care about Samus as a character, it's only because I haven't played much Metroid yet.

My physical copy of the Prime trilogy has been collecting dust for years. I keep meaning to play it but there's always something in the way.

I did try Super Metroid since I got it on the Wii U VC as a part of a special offer. Seemed pretty good, but I found the controls a bit awkward.
Thing is, to understand Samus as a character you need to put in some time with Metroid since most of the time she's comes across as your typical silent protagonist that does whatever the player makes them do...but most of the time her character is showcased through easy to ignore subtleties...

The Prime series actually does this rather well through small cutscenes, mostly in Primes 2 and 3 whereas Prime 1 is more like Super Metroid since she barely interacts with any other characters other than those she shooting Missiles at...

Correct me if I'm not wrong.
But....
Metroid 2 and Prime: Pinball are the only games that feature no suitless Samus, right?
Can't say for Pinball as I haven't played it (it's basically just Metroid Prime anyway from what I've heard) but you can see Suitless Samus at the end of Metroid II...

Prime 1 is the only game that doesn't showcase suitless Samus as the most she does is remove her helmet...

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Thing is, to understand Samus as a character you need to put in some time with Metroid since most of the time she's comes across as your typical silent protagonist that does whatever the player makes them do...but most of the time her character is showcased through easy to ignore subtleties...

The Prime series actually does this rather well through small cutscenes, mostly in Primes 2 and 3 whereas Prime 1 is more like Super Metroid since she barely interacts with any other characters other than those she shooting Super Missiles at...

Can't say for Pinball as I haven't played it (it's basically just Metroid Prime anyway from what I've heard) but you can see Suitless Samus at the end of Metroid II...

Prime 1 is the only game that doesn't showcase suitless Samus as the most she does is remove her helmet...
I'm aware of that. It's like I said though, I can't care much for a character when I haven't truly played their games yet.

I still acknowledge that Other M basically dropped the ball with her though.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

The Prime series actually does this rather well through small cutscenes, mostly in Primes 2 and 3 whereas Prime 1 is more like Super Metroid since she barely interacts with any other characters other than those she shooting Missiles at...

Too long since I played M2.
I forgot Prime 1 only removed the helmet.

Suitless Samus exists in M2
http://www.spriters-resource.com/game_boy_gbc/metroid2/sheet/1778/

Pinball I don't know. And technically Nintendo Land's Metroid Blast doesn't have one (I know it's not a legit Metroid installment but keyword "technically")
I'm gonna just assume this is also onna be the case with Federation Force.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Too long since I played M2.
I forgot Prime 1 only removed the helmet.

I'm gonna just assume this is also onna be the case with Federation Force.
I assume you're talking about whether or Federation Force is a legit installment. Hated or not, Fed Force is in the actual Metroid universe AND timeline. The Nintendo Land one is neither.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
All this Metroid talk now, with the 30th Anniversary just around the corner...And Federation Force on the way, as much as it's 'not the Metroid I wanted' there's a part of me that's getting rather anxious...

I still wish Samus herself could make a proper comeback, one of the biggest problems with Federation Force is how Samus is not the main playable character when she really needs a chance to redeem herself after all this time, making her a side character just doesn't fulfill that desire...I only hope we'll get a surprise announcement for the NX...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom