• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
woah woah woah hold up.

Nidoking/queen are getting new forms?

My favorite Pokémon? Ok sure they will lose their ground type. . .but that's pretty cool!
:061:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Next Batch of information comes the 12th:

Edit @ 15:00: The next bit of Sun & Moon news is due to com on Friday August 12th at 10:00 JST

But Corocoro will leak before then, so we will probably have the news before the 12th.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

So Gumshoos has to learn Light Screen, Barrier and Reflect right? It needs something that involves putting a wall up.

Just realized two previously ground type pokemon will lose their ground type with new forms. Alola plz.

Is one of thise captains based off of Shaymin? My favorite poke getting a form and my favorite legendary referenced. Foday is a good day.

I wonder if the dancing bird is based on Darwin's birds. . .different forms for different environments. The beaks look like they don't change so maybe not.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
So speaking of the trials...i noticed something
okay look at the following and tell me you get what im saying

if you dont get what im getting at....well to put it bluntly we may have 20 "gym leaders"
4 captains per island and 1 kahuna per island

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Just realized two previously ground type pokemon will lose their ground type with new forms. Alola plz.

Is one of thise captains based off of Shaymin? My favorite poke getting a form and my favorite legendary referenced. Foday is a good day.

I wonder if the dancing bird is based on Darwin's birds. . .different forms for different environments. The beaks look like they don't change so maybe not.
MAKE GROUND TYPES GREAT AGAIN! VOT FOR DETECTIVE GUMSHOE!

Also got newfound respect for the Nido-family recently. Got a Nidoqueen in Wonderlocke, **** was fun to use

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So speaking of the trials...i noticed something
okay look at the following and tell me you get what im saying

if you dont get what im getting at....well to put it bluntly we may have 20 "gym leaders"
4 captains per island and 1 kahuna per island
This is pretty interesting. It could definitely happen. I thought the electric guy was in the observatory, but the trailer does only focus on the first island. So this could be right. Which is cool, it doesn't feel to short, and it gets fleshed out. I like it.

I was thinking of Darwin's birds to. It might be a slight reference but who knows.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not sure if this was posted already, but I was wondering for the longest time who that girl in the final evolutions pic was.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Oricorio's look like they are based on several species of Birds of Paradise...
Strange but yet amazing birds...

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Not sure if this was posted already, but I was wondering for the longest time who that girl in the final evolutions pic was.

I bet you are rejoicing, right Champ Gold Champ Gold ? xD You got your WWE gigantic kitty. And that also means I got my beautiful sea lion mermaid, I'm happy.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

It has, but I just realizes ash is here...

So Mallow for the Sun and Moon anime?

Ash also has a T shirt and shorts.

IS the crushed guy the other companion?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i look forward to everyone jumping ship to popplio because they cant handle a bipedal cat...i mean you COULD go with the owl but why do that when you can get a water type immune to dragons

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Honestly I think Litten's gone from my first choice to my third if this (almost inevitably) is true.
It is true, because I find it highly unlikely that the artist would be able to accurately predict an exact match of one of the Alola character's designs within the concept art...

----

Also I just realized...

:102: are Dragon Eggs now!! FREAKING DRAGON EGGS!!!!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I just realised, Sandshrew and Vulpix's normal abilities are linked to their types. Do you think their ice forms will have the same? Because an Ice type with Flash Fire would be pretty dope.

Burruni

Smash Hero
It is true, because I find it highly unlikely that the artist would be able to accurately predict an exact match of one of the Alola character's designs within the concept art...

----

Also I just realized...

:102: are Dragon Eggs now!! FREAKING DRAGON EGGS!!!!
Listen.
There's a 99% chance...
But I'm going to do my part as an internet user and ignore the evidence before us for the slim chance that it isn't the case, but prepared for it to be true.

Edit:
I just realised, Sandshrew and Vulpix's normal abilities are linked to their types. Do you think their ice forms will have the same? Because an Ice type with Flash Fire would be pretty dope.
The trailer showed that their abilities are different.

Double Edit: Rexeggutor: Frisk
Coldpix & Frostales: Snow Cloak
Snowshrew & Snowslash: Snow Cloak.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
They both have Snow Cloak.

Im pretty sure the abilities are on the website.

Nintails becomes snow coat I think

EDIT beat and im wrong anyway lol

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wonder if it changes their hidden abilities as well. Because an ice type with Drought would be... what's the opposite of dope? Dopey, that's it!

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Listen.
There's a 99% chance...
But I'm going to do my part as an internet user and ignore the evidence before us for the slim chance that it isn't the case, but prepared for it to be true.
We never learn from past mistakes...do we?

There's the possibility that they are early concepts and have since been changed....

a very slim possibility but a possibility nonetheless...

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
So you're saying that if I want a Sandslash I have to put up with getting an inferior version that basically wants me to forget about the original? Yeah no. The rest of the trailer was pretty cool though. I still see no reason whatsoever to remove the gyms but this concept does seem like a decent spiritual successor. Z Moves actually seem neat too. Overall besides that Aloloa forms stuff it was an overall great trailer even if there was little stuff on new Pokemon.

:094:

Burruni

Smash Hero
We never learn from past mistakes...do we?

There's the possibility that they are early concepts and have since been changed....

a very slim possibility but a possibility nonetheless...
Nope.
It's the stupid human nature to try to deny when they don't agree.
But nothing's set until we have something official, likely beyond mass doubt, abso-friggin-lutely.
Effectively no chance whatsoever on these NOT being the starter evos.
Just upset that they went in a lackluster way with Litten, imo.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I can't be the only one who thinks that core form's floating face is terrifying, can I?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I loved the trailer, I just hope the Alola forms have different stats.
Because the new Sandslash and Ninetales would be automatic garbage without different stats, specially Sandslash.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I loved the trailer, I just hope the Alola forms have different stats.
Because the new Sandslash and Ninetales would be automatic garbage without different stats.
Judging from the Pokemon site's blurbs Sandshrew/slash are slower than their desert coutnerparts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom